03-23-2009, 03:31 PM
http://universaldraft.com/2009_Mock_Draft.html

Have fun! Some things have changed, some have not. :d-day:

canesandbhoys
03-23-2009, 03:40 PM
Malcolm Jenkins at 25? I would splooge.

Conuficus
03-23-2009, 03:43 PM
At first glance it may seem a bit strange, but he didn't improve his pro day numbers any and is still a 4.5 guy. He isn't as explosive in a straight line, but he is quick enough to get the job done. He might fit in well with what we do here.

X-Pacolypse
03-23-2009, 03:43 PM
That is quite a fall for Malcolm Jenkins. I'll take it, though.

Conuficus
03-23-2009, 03:44 PM
I think it becomes a thing of need for some teams. The lack of a real stout LB market could help him slip a bit. And it depends what style fo defense each team runs too, its not like he has the speed to operate man to man all the time, so he may be bypassed because of that.

tay0365
03-23-2009, 03:47 PM
http://universaldraft.com/2009_Mock_Draft.html

Have fun! Some things have changed, some have not. :d-day:

Love that 1st round, even though did not like what the Pats & Jets got...:lol:

fishypete
03-23-2009, 04:13 PM
Instead of Conuficus...I'm just confused....if Jenkins is so bad and going to drop....why would the Dolphins select him?

Chubby
03-23-2009, 04:26 PM
Instead of Conuficus...I'm just confused....if Jenkins is so bad and going to drop....why would the Dolphins select him?

Because he is still 1st round value top 10 value. And teams value workout in shorts waaaaaaay to much and they forget to actually watch what matters, FILM!!!

Ps. Dont be surprised if the lions select Sanchez.

fishypete
03-23-2009, 04:27 PM
Because he is still 1st round value top 10 value. And teams value workout in shorts waaaaaaay to much and they forget to actually watch what matters, FILM!!!

Ps. Dont be surprised if the lions select Sanchez.

I expect them to select a tackle first and then a QB.

PhinsRDbest
03-23-2009, 04:43 PM
I like. I've been thinking Jenkins at 25 for a couple of weeks now.

Conuficus
03-23-2009, 05:17 PM

I never said he was bad. Therefore your confusion should be short lived. :lol: It is just that he may not be as explosive as other candidates and he may be vlaued differently as he cannot play man to man that well, and would be better in a zone. None of that makes him a bad player.

A player dropping can actually have little to do with talent, or whether they are a bad player. Suppose every team in the draft in the Top 10 needs a defensive tackle. Even if there were 10 DT's that were worthy of the Top 10 not all of them would be selected, just based on scheme alone.

Andre Smith isn't a bad player, but he has dropped like a small stone recently. His attitude and worth ethic did that, and those had little to do with whether he is in fact a bad player.

Dwight Freeney is a great example of the opposite being true; a player rises based on scheme rather than just talent, even though he has tons of it. Freeney was not where near ranked as high as he was taken and I still remember Mel Kiper saying he was a reach.

tay0365
03-23-2009, 05:17 PM

Every year there is a top player that people thought would/should have gone much earlier, then get drafted much later, and this time because there may be a run on a certain position (O-line, Linebacker, D-line, WR), then some premium players will start to fall, and Conuficus has him as the 2nd player at his position behind Vontae Davis, who has been said to be higher on some draft boards.

If we were to get Jenkins at 25, this would be a VERY happy Miami staff.

skipp2myloo13
03-23-2009, 05:18 PM
I love the analysis.

Conuficus
03-23-2009, 07:10 PM
I love the analysis.

Thanks. But I'm sure someone will have better info as to what teams are thinking and doing. I hope some of my ideas have merit, but we'll see.

VT Dolphan
03-23-2009, 08:48 PM
I was somewhat expecting, and hoping Tyson Jackson would be the pick the way the mock was progressing. Nothing wrong with Malcolm Jenkins though, I'd be very happy with him at 25. When the season ended he was considered the top corner by a mile and lock for the top ten.

fishypete
03-23-2009, 09:21 PM
I never said he was bad. Therefore your confusion should be short lived. :lol: It is just that he may not be as explosive as other candidates and he may be vlaued differently as he cannot play man to man that well, and would be better in a zone. None of that makes him a bad player.

A player dropping can actually have little to do with talent, or whether they are a bad player. Suppose every team in the draft in the Top 10 needs a defensive tackle. Even if there were 10 DT's that were worthy of the Top 10 not all of them would be selected, just based on scheme alone.

Andre Smith isn't a bad player, but he has dropped like a small stone recently. His attitude and worth ethic did that, and those had little to do with whether he is in fact a bad player.

Dwight Freeney is a great example of the opposite being true; a player rises based on scheme rather than just talent, even though he has tons of it. Freeney was not where near ranked as high as he was taken and I still remember Mel Kiper saying he was a reach.

I have my doubts he'll drop;

Ohio State's Malcolm Jenkins is being described by many as the top cornerback prospect entering this year's draft. NFL evaluators I have talked to agree that Jenkins is indeed ahead of the class. In fact, there is even talk of teams possibly trading up into the Top 10 to secure a shot at the All-American defensive back. There are at lease two teams, Denver (No. 12) and New Orleans (No. 14), who could be looking to move up the draft board should Jenkins slide by Cleveland with the No. 5 selection. Jenkins is not expected to make it past Buffalo at No. 11. On that note, a few other teams may be banking on the player to fall. Don't count on it. The way I hear it, Jenkins' performance at the school's pro day March 13 may have sealed the deal for him as a Top 10 selection. It was stated that he was exceptional during position drills and improved on his 40-time from the Combine last month.

Conuficus
03-23-2009, 09:31 PM
Is that a quote from an article? That looks very familiar to me.

fishypete
03-23-2009, 09:33 PM
Is that a quote from an article? That looks very familiar to me.

Here you go my friend;

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/563623

Conuficus
03-23-2009, 09:39 PM
Here you go my friend;

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/563623

I don't think Jenkins goes in the top 15. And I really don't think that it is an "if" he makes it pas Cleveland.

I just don't buy it. And he ran between a 4.48 and 4.53 at his pro day. Not that much different from when he ran a 4.55 and a 4.53 at Indy really. He's quick, but not fast and that may hurt him.

If I'm wrong, I'm wrong, but I say he doesn't go in the top 15 picks at least.

albyfinfan
03-23-2009, 09:46 PM
i know im gonna get killed for this but imo id rather have
Darius Butler than Malcol Jenkins

fishypete
03-23-2009, 09:49 PM
I don't think Jenkins goes in the top 15. And I really don't think that it is an "if" he makes it pas Cleveland.

I just don't buy it. And he ran between a 4.48 and 4.53 at his pro day. Not that much different from when he ran a 4.55 and a 4.53 at Indy really. He's quick, but not fast and that may hurt him.

If I'm wrong, I'm wrong, but I say he doesn't go in the top 15 picks at least.

Frankly...I see this as not only a weak draft for corners...but an overall weak draft period.

There's a few decent players...but with the exception of a few good players...the rest are average at best.

Conuficus
03-23-2009, 09:49 PM
i know im gonna get killed for this but imo id rather have
Darius Butler than Malcol Jenkinsm

It isn't like we haven't shown interest in Butler. We've spoken to him twice I think or spoken to him and worked him out. Somehow we've been involved with more than simple hand shake contact with the kid.

Conuficus
03-23-2009, 09:50 PM
Frankly...I see this as not only a weak draft for corners...but an overall weak draft period.

There's a few decent players...but with the exception of a few good players...the rest are average at best.

I don't this is a weak draft. The skill positions are weak, but the interior players are abundant on both sides of the ball. Offensive line is loaded this year all over the board.

fishypete
03-23-2009, 10:00 PM
I don't this is a weak draft. The skill positions are weak, but the interior players are abundant on both sides of the ball. Offensive line is loaded this year all over the board.

O-line has appx 3 very good prospects at tackle...after that it drops....Same with the guards and perhaps 2-3 centers.

A. Smith has bigger boobs than my first wife....he's a joke. He looks more like a beer drinker than a kid going to play football and earn millions of dollars. He has buyer Beware tatoo'd on his rear...for sure. The ONLY contract I'd sign him to is one for weight watchers!!!

TheBow305
03-23-2009, 10:24 PM
Malcolm Jenkins at 25? I would splooge.

As would I. Big time!