PDA

View Full Version : New DirecTV deal- Good news for some

Stefins
03-24-2009, 11:09 AM
Good news for some people who can't get DirecTV or are overseas.

The new arrangement with DirecTV also will allow customers who canít get the Sunday Ticket package via satellite to purchase it for viewing over the Internet. This could unleash a flood of purchases from Americans living overseas, and/or from fans in other countries.

http://www.sportingnews.com/blog/real_scouts/entry/view/22400/new_directv_deal_sets_stage_for_nfln_breakthrough?

bradmcnutt
03-24-2009, 11:14 AM
Can't you already watch the games on the net if you live internationally via NFL Game Pass?

Crzynick25
03-24-2009, 11:51 AM
So how about us fans that don't live overseas and can't get direct TV because they live in a condo or apartment

Funkymonks
03-24-2009, 12:02 PM
It is open to everyone. they just are expecting more purchases form people overseas.

chillwill3000
03-24-2009, 12:05 PM
This deal sucks ballz. The Nfl should have allowed NFL packages to be available on digital cable as well as satellite providers. They would make a lot more money and allow more people to subscribe. I don't want satellite. I hate exclusive deals.

Stefins
03-24-2009, 12:25 PM
This deal sucks ballz. The Nfl should have allowed NFL packages to be available on digital cable as well as satellite providers. They would make a lot more money and allow more people to subscribe. I don't want satellite. I hate exclusive deals.

I agree..
If more service providers were able to get the NFL, the price would go down.

Now DTV is going to have us by the balls!

Jeep
03-24-2009, 12:57 PM
I would be the first one to cancel DTV if it wasnt for the Sunday Ticket

Asicswrg85
03-24-2009, 02:54 PM
Can't you already watch the games on the net if you live internationally via NFL Game Pass?

Yes but it depends on the country you live in. But for the most part you are right and for those that know about NFL Game Pass, they would never pay the price for DirectTV

houtz
03-24-2009, 03:00 PM
So were allowed to purchase it now? That was one thing I looked into real hard last year. Anyone know what the price might be.

WVDolphan
03-24-2009, 09:25 PM

Directv paid a ****load of money to have exclusive rights to selling the Sunday Ticket package. Why would the NFL turn down that money? Obviously the WOULD NOT get more money by selling the rights to it out to other cable and satelite companies. If they would.....then Im sure they would do it. Common sense dude.

WVDolphan
03-24-2009, 09:26 PM
Yes but it depends on the country you live in. But for the most part you are right and for those that know about NFL Game Pass, they would never pay the price for DirectTV

Isnt game pass just radio bs.