PDA

View Full Version : Draft Day trade rumor

enduro
03-26-2009, 09:28 AM
According to siruis radio there is a draft day trade rumor that miami is trying to swap draft positions with the eagles (21 to 25) and a fourth to get in position to pick up Aaron Maybin leap frogging over the pats. The eagles would still be able to pick up there targeted wr at 25. what are your thoughts. i would love to leap frog the pats as there needs are similiar to ours on defense.

wildvillage519
03-26-2009, 09:33 AM
I think they are trying to leap frog the Pats to try and get Darius Butler.

enduro
03-26-2009, 09:36 AM
I think they are trying to leap frog the Pats to try and get Darius Butler. anyway we can stick it to the pats is fine by me.

JT-forpresident
03-26-2009, 09:50 AM
if we are to use our first rounder on a defensive player, it would make perfect sense as the patriots have the same needs as we do on that side of the ball (and i would expect them to draft defence, or an olinemen), and they run a similar defence (they need a pass rusher at OLB and some cornerback help just like we do)

wildvillage519
03-26-2009, 10:00 AM
I think the PAts already have a couple young talented OLB prospects on their team in Vincent Redd and Shawn Crable. Bill Belichek was also at Uconn's pro day yesterday, so I think the Pats are targeting Darius Butler as are we.

thejetssuck
03-26-2009, 10:27 AM
Or it could be we are trying to jump the Vikings to pick up Hakeem Nicks. Though this is probably wishful thinking on my part.

JT-forpresident
03-26-2009, 10:36 AM
maybe there's a knee available in the draft... would be nice to leapfrog the pats to get that knee for camarillo and let brady with that messed up one he's got lol !

DcRy82
03-26-2009, 10:36 AM
Or it could be we are trying to jump the Vikings to pick up Hakeem Nicks. Though this is probably wishful thinking on my part.

I just read your Sig...

LOL, you're wild homie.

Rhody Phins Fan
03-26-2009, 10:52 AM

I have the same wishful thinking as you.

thejetssuck
03-26-2009, 10:56 AM
I just read your Sig...

LOL, you're wild homie.

Yup, sometimes you just gotta take one for the team.:lol::lol:

bryan
03-26-2009, 11:09 AM
I don't care what the draft value chart says, I don't want to give up an early 4th rounder to move up 4 spots to 21 from 25. No value there in my opinion. You have to think you will be able to find a quality future starter in the early 4th round.

This is not the same regime who gave up a pick to move up a spot to take Vernon Carey when it was not even necessary. Roll the dice and draft the BPA. The more picks the greater chance of success of hitting on good players. There are no sure things at pick 21 or 25. You don't move up for the possibility of drafting Bobby Carpenter.

SnakeoilSeller
03-26-2009, 11:10 AM
The trade would not take place until the Eagles were on the clock, because whoever the Fins would be targeting may not be there. I really would hope it would not be for Maybin, just my personal opinion. You will not need to trade up to get Nicks. He will probably be there at #44, maybe even #56.

Kdawg954
03-26-2009, 11:15 AM
Maybin would be a great 3-4 OLB, JP is only here for another year or 2, he would take over that jack position and dominate IMO . . . this is pointless tho because he more than likely will be off the board in the top 20, as early as 9 to Green Bay.

XXXSURTAINXXX
03-26-2009, 11:16 AM

I strongly agree. They lovem....Bellycheck was at his proday. Butler looks great in his workouts and honestly if he is a Deion understudy he will be a starter for sure year 1. He moves great doesn't he?

BARF
03-26-2009, 11:18 AM
I don't care what the draft value chart says, I don't want to give up an early 4th rounder to move up 4 spots to 21 from 25. No value there in my opinion. You have to think you will be able to find a quality future starter in the early 4th round.

This is not the same regime who gave up a pick to move up a spot to take Vernon Carey when it was not even necessary. Roll the dice and draft the BPA. The more picks the greater chance of success of hitting on good players. There are no sure things at pick 21 or 25. You don't move up for the possibility of drafting Bobby Carpenter.

i agree we have a top pick in the 4th they should not trade, this draft has too much talent, you only give it up if you are going to move into the top 15

utahphinsfan
03-26-2009, 11:26 AM
The eagles would still be able to pick up there targeted wr at 25.

FWIW, The Eagles as I understand it are going w/ the OT still on the board (Britton UAz) & RB (K Moreno or Beanie Wells).

finfan54
03-26-2009, 10:06 PM
CB is the hot spot for both our teams IMO. Butler is the guy and if we give up our newly acquired upgrade in a fourth, it would be worth it to screw the pats. but it must be done on draft day right at the pick. Then its golden!

finfan54
03-26-2009, 10:11 PM
I strongly agree. They lovem....Bellycheck was at his proday. Butler looks great in his workouts and honestly if he is a Deion understudy he will be a starter for sure year 1. He moves great doesn't he?

The other thing here is the fact that Butler plays/has played offense as well as special teams to boot! BB loves that stuff. Butler is a sure thing. You can just tell as he runs and swivels those hips. Its worth it.

phintim
03-26-2009, 10:26 PM
Well I like trading down more players you can draft the better the odds of landing a stud but my money is on a trade up from what I "think" I have seen of Parcells.

PeepinTom
03-26-2009, 11:45 PM
Read my post on Bill's history and you will start to see that we will probably target a front 7 player.

fishypete
03-26-2009, 11:52 PM
I see a trade moving back to the Giants. Parcells doesn't waste draft picks when he needs them.

SamIam
03-27-2009, 01:15 AM
I think the PAts already have a couple young talented OLB prospects on their team in Vincent Redd and Shawn Crable. Bill Belichek was also at Uconn's pro day yesterday, so I think the Pats are targeting Darius Butler as are we.

They also have 2 CB's they drafted last year, AND signed Springs and Bodden.

The pats will not draft a corner in the early rounds

RealDriscoll
03-27-2009, 09:23 AM
I don't see us moving forward, I see us moving backwards. I could see the Steelers trading with us so they could snag William Beatty or Eben Britton. I could see the Giants swapping with us to get a Wide Receiver.

hilslo
03-27-2009, 09:23 AM
Why has everyone on this board fallen in love with Darius Butler? We might select him at #25 but there is no way we are trading up to take any corner. I seriously doubt we would give up our 4th to move up, but if we did, it would be for a pass rusher.

RealDriscoll
03-27-2009, 09:24 AM
SamIam,

Don't be so sure... Bodden got a one year deal and is terrible and Shawn Springs is no spring chicken

SQuinn17
03-27-2009, 10:33 AM
Read my post on Bill's history and you will start to see that we will probably target a front 7 player.I agree that we'll probably get a front 7 player. I think if we make the jump its to get some help rushing the passer.

jim1
03-27-2009, 10:49 AM
The other thing here is the fact that Butler plays/has played offense as well as special teams to boot! BB loves that stuff. Butler is a sure thing. You can just tell as he runs and swivels those hips. Its worth it.

Watch this guy, video at bottom of page:

http://www.draftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/cb/Bradley-Fletcher.php

aj13
03-27-2009, 11:53 AM
aaron maybin wont make it past the bills...

zach8111
03-27-2009, 12:37 PM
why would the dolphins let that get leaked ? really? come on do you really think its legit

RHoffman
03-27-2009, 01:07 PM
no way on Maybin...

PhinsRDbest
03-27-2009, 01:55 PM
I would not mind if they traded up to 21 but it would have to be to draft either Malcolm Jenkins or Rey Maualuga or Orakpo if they fell. Maybin is a meh for me.

Buddy
03-28-2009, 08:11 AM
anyway we can stick it to the pats is fine by me.

That's what I was thinking, I want to feel like we screwed the Patriots and pissed Bilicheat off regardless of who we draft!:lol:

MrClean
03-28-2009, 12:51 PM
I could see us wanting to move up for Maybin, based on his physical skills. To get a natural pass rusher, with the quickest first three steps may be something the Troika wants that badly.
I do not see us moving up for Butler. His skills are no more special than are A Smith or DJ Moore, so why waste a pick? One of them at least will be there at 25. None of them actually, are big enough or physical enough to fit the mold as the ideal Parcells corner. Of all the corners he has been involved in the drafting of, Giants, Pats, Jets and Cowboys, in the first three rounds, none of them have been less than 195 lbs and less than 5'11", except Terrence Newman, who weighs about 188.

Rio
03-28-2009, 02:20 PM
more probable we trade down for more picks
the only way we would go up would be to pick up BJ Raji @ NT to solidify the defensive line

it all begins in the trenches :D

enduro
04-18-2009, 09:48 AM
According to siruis radio there is a draft day trade rumor that miami is trying to swap draft positions with the eagles (21 to 25) and a fourth to get in position to pick up Aaron Maybin leap frogging over the pats. The eagles would still be able to pick up there targeted wr at 25. what are your thoughts. i would love to leap frog the pats as there needs are similiar to ours on defense.

i posted this thread back in march now it does not seem so outrages as philly now has the lineman they need and now they could drop down to 25 and still get the wr or rb they are targeting. not so crazy now huh!

finfan54
04-18-2009, 04:07 PM
its Connor Barwin or Darius Butler. Leaping New England. Who does NE love? duh. not rocket science here.

Dfootball11
04-18-2009, 07:06 PM
that would be great but maybin should be long gone by 21

#1dolphinsfan
04-18-2009, 07:16 PM
the pats dont need a OLB in the first round maybe we are trying to get someone else

SnakeoilSeller
04-18-2009, 08:03 PM
I think it would be for Mauluga. That's it. If he is not there, I would bet there is a bigger chance we try and trade down though that will be even harder now, IMO. The Eagles trading there pick to Buffalo decrease our chance for a trade. There would have been a much better chance to trade down out of division, now with Buffalo behind us, there is one less trading partner behind us in the first round or top of second round to trade with.

ckparrothead
04-18-2009, 08:04 PM
First off this just doesn't sound like their style.

But, if it's true, then I could see it being about Robert Ayers or Everette Brown.

SnakeoilSeller
04-18-2009, 08:11 PM
I could see Everette Brown too. I really could if he was on the board at #21.

3rdandinches
04-18-2009, 08:37 PM
Trade back for a 4th, that sounds alot better. No one player is that much better then the rest to warrant trading up. We need OLB's, CB's and WR's so I highly doubt we trade up when we can allow the draft to come to us.

ZachThomas76
04-18-2009, 09:32 PM
if we are to use our first rounder on a defensive player, it would make perfect sense as the patriots have the same needs as we do on that side of the ball (and i would expect them to draft defence, or an olinemen), and they run a similar defence (they need a pass rusher at OLB and some cornerback help just like we do)

Your Canadiens are in big trouble.

Roman529
04-18-2009, 09:39 PM
Who cares if the Patriots may be targeting a guy that we also are targeting? If we only had needs at one area then maybe we should move ahead of them, but we need a WR, CB, OLB.....there will be a quality guy there at #25. No reason to give away a 4th round pick to move up four whole spots.

finfan54
04-18-2009, 10:37 PM
First off this just doesn't sound like their style.

But, if it's true, then I could see it being about Robert Ayers or Everette Brown.

upon further review I think Barwin is better than Ayers in the complete aspect of being a 3 down OLB where Barwins weakness is taking on blockers but he also has a knack for the ball. Ayers is not all that to me. I think he may be a good player but his upside is limited IMO.

I see Everette Brown being more polished than Barwin for obvious reasons but at the same time, if you read bio's of Barwin, Brown, and Maybin (who is more proven against big competition as a pass rusher), they all have huge upside but to me, Barwin is faster and has more room to grow his physique and keep his speed. I see him as a pass cover OLB and not just a pass rusher.

Maybin may also be the Joey Porter type who leads the team before a game and gets everyone pumped and puts up the numbers, but like someone already said, He should be long gone before 21.

I say we stay right where we are but to me, this would be a deal done to leap over NE to get someone we think they will take over us.

Brown and Barwin to me are a push but Barwin has more height and a tad bit more speed in open field.

finfan54
04-18-2009, 10:40 PM
Who cares if the Patriots may be targeting a guy that we also are targeting? If we only had needs at one area then maybe we should move ahead of them, but we need a WR, CB, OLB.....there will be a quality guy there at #25. No reason to give away a 4th round pick to move up four whole spots.

I tend to agree. The two guys I want are Barwin or Butler. NE cannot take both.

TheBow305
04-19-2009, 12:56 AM
I would only leap frog NE to take Maualuga or Cushing.

finsfan4life
04-19-2009, 01:17 AM
First off, every team in the NFL can't trade back. If fans were running NFL organizations, there'd be 32 teams trading back, and nobody trading up.

As far as trading up, I can see it happening, depending on the player that's available. I would love to trade up for Maualuga or Butler, and would hate to trade up for an OLB or receiver. Of course that also depends on the players that are there.