PDA

View Full Version : Rapper T.I. sentenced to year on weapons charges

BAMAPHIN 22
03-27-2009, 05:53 PM
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2009/03/tix-1.jpg (javascript:;)

A judge sentenced Rapper T.I. to one year and a day behind bars on federal weapons charges on Friday.

The 28-year-old rapper, whose real name is Clifford Harris, entered court smiling as he greeted his lawyers and family members. He wore a dark gray suit and black dress shirt and tie for sentencing.

"Today I would like to say thank you to some, and apologize to all," the rapper told U.S. District Judge Charles Pannell Jr. at the 1 and 1/2 hour session.

http://www.usatoday.com/life/people/2009-03-27-ti-sentencing_N.htm

1 dol fan
03-27-2009, 06:02 PM
I like some of the man's music and I also like his attitude.

He accepted his charges with a smile because he knew he deserved it.

He did everything in his power to put things right and is now a very popular part of a movement that frankly, has been anything but popular.

They say God works in mysterious ways... One man makes a mistake and it snowballs into a movement against violence and drugs that is backed by a large figurehead in the eyes of American youths.

Making that mistake may hurt him in the short term but it may save lives in the long run.

playmaker1
03-27-2009, 07:39 PM
He flat out has too big of a criminal history to get off for this one.

Don't drop the soap T.I. .... would hate to hear the new album when you get out if you did.

#1 Fan
03-28-2009, 11:45 AM
used to be one of my favorite rappers. its a shame he got caught and had to crossover he way he did.

Samphin
03-28-2009, 12:09 PM
Quite frankly, he should have been arrested an sentence for his "music," a long time ago.

And why is his clothing apparel being reported on as if it were real news? Typically, new reports start of with the most important item and move down from there. Are the AP really going to run with his dark suit as the second biggest part of this story?

BAMAPHIN 22
03-30-2009, 04:40 PM
What will happen to T.I.'s career?

There is an old saying: Out of sight, out of mind.

But when rap star T.I. disappears from the hip-hop scene to complete his one-year, one-day sentence in federal prison, several music experts say, that won't be the case.

The self-proclaimed "King of the South" will be sticking around, thanks to the success of his most recent album -- the double-platinum, Grammy-nominated "Paper Trail," released last September -- his community service efforts and a reality show on MTV that has resonated with fans, they say.

"I think that if anything, it will gain him more fans and actually support his fan base, because he's talked about making a mistake," said Emil Wilbekin, editor in chief of Giant Magazine, which focuses on urban music and lifestyle and featured T.I. on its November 2008 cover. "He's talked about taking care of the error of his ways."

http://www.cnn.com/2009/SHOWBIZ/Music/03/30/ti.future.career/index.html

Kdawg954
03-30-2009, 11:25 PM
This man's first 3 albums were good **** . . . then I thought he fell off and couldn't recover . . . but this last one . . . Paper Trail . . . has resurrected his entire career . . . he was hungry on this one, and it does not disappoint.

I'm sure he will be just as popular when he gets out, if not more.

PassRush
03-31-2009, 04:38 AM
The man raps about killing cops. I hope he gets ripped apart in prision.

Dolpfan_72
03-31-2009, 04:51 AM
T.I. gets tossed in jail, Chris Brown goes all Bobby Brown on Rihanna and 'Fiddy gets his own video game. What is going on with the rap scene these days?

Nappy Roots
03-31-2009, 10:48 AM
The man raps about killing cops. I hope he gets ripped apart in prision.

does he? :rolleyes2:

and yea, the prisioners sure hate those rappers talking about killing cops. their going to tear him a new *******. get real. hes not going to get touched in prision.

T.I. did a lot of good before going to prision which is why he got such a light sentance, i wish more judges would do things like that.