PDA

View Full Version : School Bans Dead Girl from Prom...

CedarPhin
03-28-2009, 05:51 PM
...for poor attendance.
http://www.breitbart.tv/?p=305173

Myles Fynch
03-29-2009, 12:49 AM
...for poor attendance.
http://www.breitbart.tv/?p=305173

Unfrigginbelievable.

JimToss
03-29-2009, 01:08 AM
While its ridiculous the letter went out to the family, I think it's even more worse that the family is making a spectacle out of it.
They have nothing to gain from calling a news affiliate, and giving and interview, if anything it just makes it harder on them. This is no way helping to preserve their child's memory, but forever in annals of history putting her as the dead girl who got a poor attendence letter from a school. Opening her up for her "legacy" to be joked about by a-holes such as myself.
Disgusting move by the parents, should be more ashamed then the school.

BigJP
03-29-2009, 01:45 AM
I think the parents are the crazy ones, mistakes like this happen, it's not like when you die something or someone informs everyone you have had dealings with letting them know you have passed on. A grocery store called my house for 6 months after my uncle died trying to let him know his check bounced. It sucked because he was dead but they weren't aware.

Myles Fynch
03-29-2009, 03:33 AM
The parents are just trying to shake the money tree. No doubt about that. And they are trying to embarrass the school into writing them a big check. But I'm not buying the school's take that it's just another database glitch. Her name slipped through because they took their eye off the ball.

When a young student dies, there are issues. Some students want to attend the funeral. Maybe there's a non-denominational service after school. Perhaps a couselor is brought in for the kids that were especially close to the student that died. They know they have to do these things. IMO, making sure the family of the deceased doesn't get late notices about overdue library books, dates for yearbook pictures, and attendance write-ups is part of their job, and the school blew it. The school system needs to close the loopholes so it doesn't happen again, and make a small donation in the daughter's name to the charity of the parent's choice.

Dolfan3773
03-29-2009, 05:53 PM
wow

GoonBoss
03-29-2009, 08:40 PM
People wonder why I hate most teachers and school administrators.

Myles Fynch
03-29-2009, 10:39 PM
People wonder why I hate most teachers and school administrators.

I hate them, too, but I always have to cover myself by saying "Except you, Mom."

:lol:

TakeOne
03-30-2009, 01:33 AM
I wouldn't want any dead girls attending my prom... :rimshot: