PDA

View Full Version : Hey...I need advice.

WelcomeBack
04-01-2009, 02:10 PM
So, for the past 8 weeks, I've been on a pretty big diet. I've lost 52 lbs. thus far in these 8 weeks.

I want to use some kind of muscle builder too, to help change some of the weight into muscle.

Is there any muscle builders out there that don't counter-act the weight loss I've been having?

Thanks in advance for anyone who can help.

Nappy Roots
04-01-2009, 02:43 PM
congrats on losing that much weight man...you should just work out without muscle builder things, thats what i do...

though you might want to try like a whey protein...

WelcomeBack
04-01-2009, 03:39 PM
Thanks man...I've talked to a few other people. I think I'm just going to drop to my desired weight, then try to put on a bit more weight again to gain muscle

GoonBoss
04-01-2009, 04:28 PM
Increase your protien intake and work out. Lower your reps and increase your weight on your weight work. You should be eating protien in grams, equal to your body weight. Egg whites are a great source, as is tuna.

You don't need anything artificial to gain muscle mass.

CalDolFan1014
04-01-2009, 04:36 PM
Increase your protien intake and work out. Lower your reps and increase your weight on your weight work. You should be eating protien in grams, equal to your body weight. Egg whites are a great source, as is tuna.

You don't need anything artificial to gain muscle mass.

.....if only people like Bonds, McGuire, Giambi, and A-Rod, to name a few, would heed that advice!

playmaker1
04-01-2009, 04:38 PM
I've also been on a diet. Bathing suit season is coming up quickly.
I finally figured out a way to drink a healthy cola and still add protein to my diet. Cheers!
http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

Seriously, congrats on the weight loss bro.

ih8brady
04-01-2009, 04:48 PM
I finally figured out a way to drink a healthy cola and still add protein to my diet. Cheers!

Diet Coke with bacon? FKA must be alerted of this

Alien
04-01-2009, 04:54 PM
How did you do it man? I've been asking around to look for the best diet plan for me with summer and work coming up. My first year of college sucks with weight issues. Something about that cafeteria food just sits in you even though I eat less than ever and have stayed decently active.

BobDole
04-01-2009, 04:55 PM

i would actually drink that if it wasn't diet. is that weird?

SpurzN703
04-01-2009, 05:07 PM

So you want the bacon and the grease?

WVDolphan
04-01-2009, 06:05 PM
Eat A LOT of chicken and tuna dude. Lift weights. Go to heavier weights that you can only get a few reps out of. Thats all you need. Protien and the proper weight training regimine and you will put on muscle.

If you have already lost the amount of body fat that you desired, begin eating a lot more. Simply stay away from sugar. Sugar is the only food substance that has ZERO nutritional value for your body. If you are working out and doing cardio, then you will use up plenty of food. Eat dude. Eat plenty of protein especially.

WeVie
04-01-2009, 07:10 PM
Wow. That's good. What kind of diet are you on? I could stand to lose some weight myself.

Congrats!

Samphin
04-01-2009, 09:52 PM
Welcome, congrats on the weight loss, that should help you in the ring if you decide to come back.

Some good advice here. Personally, I use a protein shake with 60 grams of protein per serving. It has a relatively low caloric intake as well, and the carbs aren't bad either.

I also cycle with anabolic switch, which is a creatine compound before anyone jumps down my throat.

Make sure, like anything else that you use, that you drink a ton of water. No sense in dropping all that weight and putting on muscle if your kidneys crap out.

And lifting weights before doing your cardio can help burn some extra fat. I like to do cardio first, but research has proven the former to be more succesful than the latter.

Fin_Frenzy_84
04-01-2009, 10:07 PM
i play high school football and the protein i like is creatine, muscle milk...honestly anything really expensive works the best the only problem with creatine it has side affects so u should drink alot water with it

playmaker1
04-02-2009, 01:14 PM

I think this is more of a drink for you then Bob. Bacon grease with nice presentation. If you think about it, it is kinda like orange beer with an orange slice.

WelcomeBack
07-19-2009, 05:34 PM
Just thought I'd give an update. As of this morning, it's been 5 1/2 months and I've lost a total of 104 lbs to this point. Got some more to go, but things are going smooth.

WeVie
07-19-2009, 07:39 PM
Congrats again man. I have lost 30 so far. I have also began lighting weights. I hope to get a little bigger and get really toned. I found a forum that I joined recently looking for about the same advice. It has a ton of good topics. Have a look.

http://shapefit.com/forum/index.php