PDA

View Full Version : this olympics!

dolfan06
02-22-2002, 01:29 PM
39, i was just looking at your avatar and had msnbc on at the same time. i just heard the russians have filed a protest about the outcome of the figure skating, i watched all the skaters last night and sarah hughes was the only skater in the final 6 that didn't stumble or fall. what else could the judges have done.
plus the koreans are protesting the DQ of their skater in short track and threaten to pull out of the games if the call is not reversed and then they plan to sue in a US district court!
i don't know if we filed a protest on the pairs competition, but there was some admitted hanky panky there!
what happened to the comraderie these games were supposed to represent.
in that case, the US womens hockey team should file a protest that they lost and that wasn't supposed to happen! something has to be done or these games will be extended for years, as fast as the courts work!

dolphan39
02-22-2002, 01:48 PM
Hughes winning renewed my faith in judged sports a little :)

But there must have been a program there the fudged those scores based on who the judges wanted to get the medals since it still hard to believe it ended in a 3 way tie.

since justice was serverd, I am happy since she totally blew away Qwan and the Russian. They (Qwan and the Russian) were like comparing Fiedler to Marino (Hughes) ;)

dolphan39
02-22-2002, 01:50 PM
and hughes lives in the same town as my sister :cool:

dolfan06
02-22-2002, 02:27 PM
on style points! it was a threeway tie on technical. hughes was the only one to skate a perfect program. slutraskaya didn't even have a triple-triple, if she did, the outcome might have been different. sarah had two!:rolleyes:

iceblizzard69
02-22-2002, 09:43 PM
Great Neck is probably the richest and most boring town I have ever seen. And rich doesn't really have to do with boring, but damn it is boring.