PDA

View Full Version : Internet question.

Tetragrammaton
04-02-2009, 01:47 PM
I am trying to streamline the finances of my family. We all have different cell phones, and I am going to switch it to a family plan. I want to get rid of the home phone, but the DSL Internet is tied to that.

Is there any type of Internet where I don't need a phone line? I need to provide Internet to two desktops and two laptops, so I need a router and all that jazz. We have satellite television, so I don't know if cable internet is an option that way.

tylerdolphin
04-02-2009, 02:19 PM
They have satellite internet now. I dont know much about it but I think its reasonably cheap.

WeVie
04-02-2009, 02:31 PM
Satellite internet is high and you have to buy equipment also. Can you not get cable interent? What kind of tv do you have? If you have cable tv, you should be able to get cable for around $35.

There is always dail-up

Tetragrammaton
04-02-2009, 02:37 PM
Satellite internet is high and you have to buy equipment also. Can you not get cable interent? What kind of tv do you have? If you have cable tv, you should be able to get cable for around $35.

There is always dail-up

Dial up is not an option. I want to get rid of the home phone altogether.

We have satellite television, but there are cable lines available. I thought I heard that you could get cable internet without having cable, as long as it is available in an area. Is that true?

WeVie
04-02-2009, 02:47 PM
yeah it's true. I have direct tv and cable internet.

Phinj
04-02-2009, 04:01 PM
I too have cable internet and no cable t.v. (Cox)

FinFrenzy
04-02-2009, 04:09 PM
You can also have verizon fios internet without anything else. I had Cable switched to Verizon internet. I don't have a home phone and I have directv for my tv's.