PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else agree Georgia is one of the worst states?

TonySporanoTuna
04-05-2009, 10:16 PM
I cannot stand it here. Most people are racist. Tons of people are rednecks with jacked up trucks and rebel flags. It's really starting to get on my nerves.

PeytonsForehead
04-05-2009, 10:29 PM
I haven't been to Georgia, but I've got family there and I hear it's a great state. Sure every state has some bad apples, but to single out a state because of those select few is irresponsible in my view. And if it's "racism" that's the problem, well my state of California is full of them too. Take one example...look at LA and it's gang problem. You step foot in a wrong neighborhood and it could be your last. Does that make California a bad state? A bad neighborhood or two...maybe, but a whole state...I don't think so.

Tetragrammaton
04-05-2009, 10:56 PM
I have spent some time in Georgia. I have not been to every state, so I can't call it the worst, but it was one of the worst states I have been to, eclipsed by New Mexico.

TakeOne
04-05-2009, 11:10 PM
Move to atlanta?

Locke
04-05-2009, 11:42 PM
I have spent some time in Georgia. I have not been to every state, so I can't call it the worst, but it was one of the worst states I have been to, eclipsed by New Mexico.

:foundout:

As I life-long New Mexican, I'd love to know why....

CedarPhin
04-05-2009, 11:43 PM
Idaho.

or Nebraska.

They both beg to disagree with you TST.

JCane
04-05-2009, 11:50 PM
Let me some you around South Carolina sometime lol. I see your location listed as "UGA" so I'm assuming you're a student in Athens. I personally like Athens but I've always heard it's not the best place to be for a rival fan. But I do understand where you are coming from with the racism comments as well as the rebel flags and pickup trucks. That is all quite common in the South and I just can't see it changing anytime soon.

CedarPhin
04-05-2009, 11:52 PM
Idaho's got all places beat on racism. HQ of the Aryan brotherhood.

Not only that, what else can you really do there except watch potatoes grow?

Tetragrammaton
04-06-2009, 12:06 AM
:foundout:

As I life-long New Mexican, I'd love to know why....

My grandparents used to live in a town called Truth or Consequences. It is located in the southwest portion of the state. I spent about two weeks there. It is the worst place in the world.

It is a scorching dry heat during the day, and an unbearable cold at night. In the middle of the day, the Rio Grande is still freezing, confusing the body and leading to despair. There are virtually no exciting things to do. When I first went there, I saw a man mowing his lawn, which contained occasional spots of grass, surrounded by dirt.

I didn't enjoy Arizona that much, but it was at least passable.

TakeOne
04-06-2009, 12:17 AM
Was it McNabb's lawn?

CedarPhin
04-06-2009, 12:49 AM
Was it McNabb's lawn?

:lol::lol::lol:

Locke
04-06-2009, 01:49 AM
My grandparents used to live in a town called Truth or Consequences. It is located in the southwest portion of the state. I spent about two weeks there. It is the worst place in the world.

It is a scorching dry heat during the day, and an unbearable cold at night. In the middle of the day, the Rio Grande is still freezing, confusing the body and leading to despair. There are virtually no exciting things to do. When I first went there, I saw a man mowing his lawn, which contained occasional spots of grass, surrounded by dirt.

I didn't enjoy Arizona that much, but it was at least passable.

Yeah, T or C is pretty horrible, I've only been through it on my way down to Las Cruces. I agree with most of what you said about southern New Mexico though. If you're ever back here again, check out northern NM, which starts to turn green as it heads towards CO. As a very artistic person, you'll probably enjoy Santa Fe a lot......

GoonBoss
04-06-2009, 04:27 AM
I have spent limited time in GA, but, I didn't like it a bit. I personally don't have a whole lot of issues with Rednecks because they never give me problems. If they want to fly their Rebel flags, I don't really care. If they want to jack up thier pickups, I don't really care. I like Alt Country as a genre, so, the music doesn't particularly bother me either.

I like Texas a great deal. I also like Wisconsin, aside from the downright assinine gun laws. I enjoyed my time in NM. North Carolina where I was born I like a lot. I wasn't impressed by Florida at all. Louisiana is a pit. I didn't mind KY either. South Carolina I hate with a passion.

JCane
04-06-2009, 06:52 AM
South Carolina I hate with a passion.

:lol:

:hi5:

X-Pacolypse
04-06-2009, 10:37 AM
I haven't spent a whole lot of time in Georgia. Certainly not enough to form an opinion. Alabama is pretty bad, though. I spent four years in Southern California and I loved it. I'm originally from Florida, and I live in Florida currently. However, I do hope I can get back So Cal someday soon.

CedarPhin
04-06-2009, 01:32 PM
San Diego is my favorite part of So Cal. Other than that, I like San Francisco in CA.

playmaker1
04-06-2009, 01:41 PM
Idaho's got all places beat on racism. HQ of the Aryan brotherhood.

Not only that, what else can you really do there except watch potatoes grow?

This is so true. Idaho is horrible. I can't really think of anything nice to say about it. Right up there is Montana. I hate Montana. I have nothing nice to say about it either.

GoonBoss
04-06-2009, 02:52 PM

:hi5:

Sorry bro...I just do...lol. Lived in Darlington for a year. UGh.

CedarPhin
04-06-2009, 04:13 PM
This is so true. Idaho is horrible. I can't really think of anything nice to say about it. Right up there is Montana. I hate Montana. I have nothing nice to say about it either.

I like Eastern Montana. Western Montana licks balls though.

poornate
04-06-2009, 04:18 PM
Texas is an s-hole... so is Murderland, I mean Maryland... and Misery... I mean Missouri... I lived in Alabama and Georgia... rednecks are hard to tolerate anywhere, but I didn't mind either state too much...

CedarPhin
04-06-2009, 04:21 PM
I've never found Nevada too appealing.

ih8brady
04-07-2009, 09:15 AM
It is an awful state, with the lights constantly going off in the night.

CedarPhin
04-07-2009, 11:39 PM
http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=idaho_blows

Chip Douglas
04-08-2009, 12:03 AM
most folk from georgia are douchebags - don't believe me? who else would post these douchebaggeries?

"At least they aren't good football players."

"They're deader than disco"

"New news. They had on their life jackets so they are probably still alive. Hard to find them in all that ocean though. I hope they at least caught some fish."

"These guys did this to themselves. They knew the weather. They knew the boat was too small but they went anyway. So yes I will make jokes."

"It's their fault and I will continue to laugh. Neg rep all you want if it makes you feel better because in actuality it doesn't make a bit of difference."

"Ya, that is totally me me minus everything in that picture. I don't care talk whatever crap you want. The fact is I have a 4.0 at a good college, and I have a bright future ahead of me. At the end of the day you will still be surfing the net in your underwear while I am living the life."

"They killed themselves now I definitely don't feel bad."

original poster is right - georgia sucks!

Irwin Fletcher
04-08-2009, 12:53 AM
most folk from georgia are douchebags - don't believe me? who else would post these douchebaggeries?

original poster is right - georgia sucks!
Georgia residents who hate it so much do it to themselves. They know the locals. They know they were bullied by them in high school. So yes, I will makeah the jokes.

Chip Douglas
04-08-2009, 01:04 AM
Georgia residents who hate it so much do it to themselves. They know the locals. They know they were bullied by them in high school. So yes, I will makeah the jokes.

Georgia folk are not bums. They're jerks. They once had 4.0 grade averages, good colleges, and a bright future ahead of them. Now they only have two things: jacking to pics of fellers surfing the net in their underwear and... uh... their thermos.

Irwin Fletcher
04-08-2009, 01:06 AM
Georgia folk are not bums. They're jerks. They once had 4.0 grade averages, good colleges, and a bright future ahead of them. Now they only have two things: jacking to pics of fellers surfing the net in their underwear and... uh... their thermos.At least they aren't good football posters. Their reps are deader than disco.

JCane
04-08-2009, 01:09 AM
Sorry bro...I just do...lol. Lived in Darlington for a year. UGh.

Man, the only thing I've found in this state that I like is Sweet Tea and I-95 South back to Florida.

Chip Douglas
04-08-2009, 01:19 AM
At least they aren't good football posters. Their reps are deader than disco.

Well if the learnin' school thing doesn't work out, he can always get a job with his folks at the Cup 'o Pizza. Goergia has the best pizza in a cup ever. His dad is unbelievable. He ran the old Cup 'o Pizza guy out of business. People come from all over country to eat his.

CaliSDFin
04-08-2009, 01:19 AM
San Diego is my favorite part of So Cal. Other than that, I like San Francisco in CA.

I lived in North Florida about 5 minutes from GA and I will say Ga is country. When I go back home it is like being in a whole different country because things are really slower (technology and people) and most the people I know don't have a drive to do better. Majority of the people I know work in a trade and their wives work in the nursing field (nothing wrong with blue collar jobs, but if you are going to be in a trade go to school to be a foreman and be certified).

Atlanta is pretty awesome. They have one of the best night lifes in the country.

Southern Cali is amazing and I love SD. Even though Cali is super liberal and we are paying out of our *** these days because we are so far in debt (9.75% sales tax) it is a pretty fun place. The people here are a lot better and there is always cool stuff going on every weekend. The thing about SD (and I am sure SF is the same way) is that you have to make moves and make money to live here. I like that competitiveness and mentality.

I don't really care for Los Angeles because of the traffic and everything is about "who you know". SF is pretty nice, but not really my cup of tee.

When I was in the military I would process new people from all over the country. The people that were the most country were from Kentucky and in the back woods of WV. The WV guy was a MP and he hit a skunk with the police van (this is on a base in the middle of San Diego) and he skinned it on the spot. Then, he dried it where all the military housing on base was and made a hat out of it. Plus he made homemade beer in a locker, so he won the award for the most country. Good guy though

CedarPhin
04-08-2009, 03:04 AM
After this weekend, Berkeley is my least favorite place in the US.

Possum
04-08-2009, 03:35 AM
You can come to florida, maybe get shot, not get any mcnuggets, get eaten by an alligator, or drive around and see "Tim Tebow is god" stickers everywhere. Gainesville, tampa, and deland I hate you all with a passion.

JCane
04-08-2009, 04:19 AM
You can come to florida, maybe get shot, not get any mcnuggets, get eaten by an alligator, or drive around and see "Tim Tebow is god" stickers everywhere. Gainesville, tampa, and deland I hate you all with a passion.

Gonna have to disagree with you on Tampa. When I was hardcore into skateboarding, Tampa was one of my favorite spots to hit.

And you can never go wrong in Ybor City or with the strip clubs over in Bradenton.

The Deja Vu!

:up:

CedarPhin
04-08-2009, 04:20 AM
Bradenton sucks. Too many old people.

Possum
04-08-2009, 04:29 AM
Gonna have to disagree with you on Tampa. When I was hardcore into skateboarding, Tampa was one of my favorite spots to hit.

And you can never go wrong in Ybor City or with the strip clubs over in Bradenton.

The Deja Vu!

:up:

Ok, ill give you ybor and the stripclubs but i hate tampa with a passion and i hope usf gets nuked.

JCane
04-08-2009, 04:31 AM
Ok, ill give you ybor and the stripclubs but i hate tampa with a passion and i hope usf gets nuked.

Believe me, we have a lot in store for Tampa and my buddies from South Florida and I plan on terrorizing USF when the 'Canes play them in November.

JCane
04-08-2009, 04:34 AM
Bradenton sucks. Too many old people.

Baaaaaah. Not Bradenton. I meant Brandon. Brandon is East of Tampa and full of strip clubs.

Possum
04-08-2009, 04:34 AM
Believe me, we have a lot in store for Tampa and my buddies from South Florida and I plan on terrorizing USF when the 'Canes play them in November.
YES!!!! beat them coc** SOBs to the ground. make them :boohoo:, they want to play bigger teams in florida other then ucf, they are in for a rude awakening. Probably the only time i will root for the Canes and the Gators.

JCane
04-08-2009, 04:36 AM
Probably the only time i will root for the Gators.

I wouldn't go that far lol. But we're really looking forward to pounding on those booger eaters. Especially after they stole a couple of our recruits.

CedarPhin
04-08-2009, 04:37 AM
Baaaaaah. Not Bradenton. I meant Brandon. Brandon is East of Tampa and full of strip clubs.

Yeah, when you said "Bradenton" I thought..."What the hell is he smoking?"

Never been to Brandon though.

Possum
04-08-2009, 04:39 AM
I wouldn't go that far lol. But we're really looking forward to pounding on those booger eaters. Especially after they stole a couple of our recruits.
ok maybe i did but i will laugh after i watch the game, i will be neutral but i will look forward to watching it.

CedarPhin
04-08-2009, 04:46 AM
Love or Hate USF...Jim Leavitt's one hell of a coach.

Possum
04-08-2009, 05:14 AM
Love or Hate USF...Jim Leavitt's one hell of a coach.
quiet you.

eger
04-08-2009, 10:00 AM
Texas is an s-hole... so is Murderland, I mean Maryland... and Misery... I mean Missouri... I lived in Alabama and Georgia... rednecks are hard to tolerate anywhere, but I didn't mind either state too much...

Yeah Texas has it's downfalls. Conservative people that live here. I swear nobody has TV's, everyone has a bunch of kids. Don't think about using a horn in Texas, you'll get the big Texas middle finger. There are a bunch of rednecks here too, driving their big trucks and driving like idiots. I find most of them to be jealous insecure people for the most part.