PDA

View Full Version : trent vs chris cornell

finataxia24
04-08-2009, 12:17 AM
http://www.chicagotribune.com/entertainment/music/chi-0402-reznorapr02,0,2925259.story

This little diversion from business as usual stems from Reznor's horrified reaction a few weeks ago on twitter.com to the latest album by former Soundgarden singer Chris Cornell (http://www.chicagotribune.com/topic/entertainment/chris-cornell-PECLB001141.topic), "Scream," in which the erstwhile hard-rock vocalist really did collaborate on dance tracks with Timbaland.

"You know that feeling you get when somebody embarrasses themselves so badly you feel uncomfortable?" Reznor tweeted. "Heard Chris Cornell's record? Jesus."

Cornell responded by calling Reznor "Judas." I'm pretty sure he wasn't joking.

more on cornell's response

Cornell wasn't going to take an insult dished to the blogging world at large laying down, and he's turning to the good book for his source material.
"Let he who is without sin cast the first stone," his response echoed, which could possibly have been construed as mature advice if it wasn't dealt out in the context of a public rock-star spat on the faddiest social networking platform of the moment.

http://www.aversion.com/news/news_article.cfm?news_id=12340

to me Chris was saying Trents last few albums sucked way worse.

Noodle Arm
04-08-2009, 08:31 AM
Well...the album IS horrible and embarrassing, so I can't fault Reznor for saying that.

Plus the April Fools joke was funny. http://www.nin.com/pub/strobelight/

finataxia24
04-08-2009, 11:19 AM
check this out

Warehouse Live!
Houston, TX
March 29, 2009

1. Part of Me
2. Time
3. No Such Thing
4. Set it Off
5. Gun
6. Spoonman/Good Times, Bad Times (Led Zep)
7. Hunger Strike (Audience singing Ed's part)
8. Show Me How to Live
9. Exploder
10. Be Yourself
11. You Know My Name
12. Billie Jean (Michael Jackson)
13. Ground Zero
14. Never Far Away
15. Gasoline
16. Rusty Cage
17. Can't Change Me (Acoustic)
18. Redemption Song (Bob Marley - Acoustic)
19. I Promise it's Not Goodbye (Rory De La Rosa)
20. Fell On Black Days (Acoustic)
21. Like a Stone (Acoustic)
22. Band Jam (Band Jam)
23. Cochise
24. Watch Out
25. Burden in My Hand
26. Covers Medley (All Along the Watchtower, Sunday Bloody Sunday, Stairway to Heaven)
27. Arms Around Your Love
28. Scream
29. Climbing Up the Walls
30. Outshined
31. Jesus Christ Pose
32. Immigrant Song (Led Zep)
33. Like Suicide
34. Black Hole Sun

Immigrant song & like suicide.
hands down Chris should have toured with 3/4 of led zep

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLjoHYzk11M (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLjoHYzk11M)

ryanosaur2000
04-23-2009, 08:21 AM
I think Cornell needs to just accept he made a s*** album. In fact I think that he needs to accept that he has made nothing but s*** since Soundgarden split in 1997/98 (yes I include Audioslave in that).

This new direction is ridiculous in the extreme. Cornell is a legend in the eyes of many generation X survivors like myself so for him to go this route is very disappointing for us.

I was never a NIN fan but I respect Reznor more than I do Cornell. He has made several of his new albums free for fans to download and seems to be still about the music. Cornell however seems to be trying to cash in on this Timbaland stuff...I am sorry but working with the guy that produced Madonna/Timberlake is simply unforgivable.

It's a real shame...

Zulu Fin
04-23-2009, 09:38 AM
I think Cornell needs to just accept he made a s*** album. In fact I think that he needs to accept that he has made nothing but s*** since Soundgarden split in 1997/98 (yes I include Audioslave in that).

Different strokes for different folks - Audioslave's debut is still one of the finest debut albums of all time, and any band with both Cornell and Tom Morello in it has got to be good!

Reznor's NIN are iconic, but there's no need to diss another highly respected artist... I'm a massive Pumpkins fan, and yet neither James Iha's solo project, or Corgan's, were anything like they produced together as the Pumpkins, yet no-one ran around telling Billy his solo stuff stank???

ryanosaur2000
04-28-2009, 07:52 PM
Different strokes for different folks - Audioslave's debut is still one of the finest debut albums of all time, and any band with both Cornell and Tom Morello in it has got to be good!

Reznor's NIN are iconic, but there's no need to diss another highly respected artist... I'm a massive Pumpkins fan, and yet neither James Iha's solo project, or Corgan's, were anything like they produced together as the Pumpkins, yet no-one ran around telling Billy his solo stuff stank???

I see what you are saying man but Corgan's solo stuff and Zwan were still true to what he did with the Pumpkins...it was just bad, and that is fair enough. The problem with Cornell is that he is trying to be something that he is not and turning his back on his roots (smashing up guitars on his website's wallpaper as a jab at his metal/rock heritage for example). Lots of people feel very passionately about SG and what he has done with Scream is the antithesis of what that band were about. You understand? Audoslave can be forgiven and so can his other 2 solo albums...Scream however is a step too far for many long term Cornell fans.

Zulu Fin
04-29-2009, 02:55 AM
Aye, fair enough Ryan. But the writing was very much on the wall as far as Cornell is concerned when he started to dabble with film scores.

A wee bit off the topic - you must be stoked your man's leading the Lions tour down here?

d-day
04-29-2009, 03:04 AM
chris cornell is the biggest sell-out and biggest disappointment of all times - louder than love was one of the best records of the 90's with some of the best vocals ever - he should have just died when he was on top ala layne staley, cobain, andrew wood...

ryanosaur2000
04-29-2009, 11:49 AM
Aye, fair enough Ryan. But the writing was very much on the wall as far as Cornell is concerned when he started to dabble with film scores.

A wee bit off the topic - you must be stoked your man's leading the Lions tour down here?

Big time. Great to have four men from my home town on the tour and to have Paul lead them is great. How they will do is another thing altogether. The Springboks are looking like a serious team...very powerful pack.