PDA

View Full Version : Whirly Ball

playmaker1
04-09-2009, 03:37 PM
So do any of you guys ever play Whirly Ball?

WhirlyBall, dubbed "The worlds only totally mechanized team sport" is best described as a combination of Basketball, Hockey and Jai-Alai played while riding an electrically powered machine, similar to a bumpercar, called a WhirlyBug. Although the WhirlyBug resembles a bumpercar, it is a far superior machine. Quicker, stronger and far more maneuverable, the WhirlyBug powers you and your team down court in a five on five game.

I had played it a few times before for buddies bachelor parties, or birthdays. A month or so ago, we were there playing and getting smashed for a friend's birthday. They got to telling us about Whirly Ball leagues. It is a blast. Had a big Tourney last night

Anyways, I know they have them all over. Thought I'd see if anyone else plays. Here is a link to the Seattle area one.

http://www.whirlyball.net/html/

GoonBoss
04-09-2009, 03:39 PM
Never heard of it

TakeOne
04-09-2009, 04:40 PM
In high school I worked at a skating rink, and running Whirley Ball was one of my duties. Its definately better than bumper cars.

1 dol fan
04-09-2009, 09:42 PM
It sounds fun but I think they would have a lot more people playing if it's name didn't sound so... fruity.

CedarPhin
04-09-2009, 09:51 PM
I've never heard of this before.