PDA

View Full Version : Harper's Island

Nublar7
04-10-2009, 10:09 AM
Did anybody watch this show last night on CBS? It is a murder mystery show and I think it has potential. There are 25 characters and each week at leat one person dies. It is 13 weeks long and out of those 25, one of them is the killer.

Two people got knocked off in the first episode.

Phinj
04-10-2009, 05:40 PM
Ya ,I watched it. It looks like it might have a twin peaks feel to it.

Dolphan7
04-11-2009, 01:07 AM
I declined to watch, although it looks like it could be captivating. I like the idea it only runs 13 weeks, and not like Lost where you have to wait like 5 years to see how it ends.

But.......I don't have enough time in my schedule to add any more TV.

KDog13
04-11-2009, 03:00 AM
dam i wanted to see it is it good

Nublar7
04-11-2009, 10:46 PM
I declined to watch, although it looks like it could be captivating. I like the idea it only runs 13 weeks, and not like Lost where you have to wait like 5 years to see how it ends.

But.......I don't have enough time in my schedule to add any more TV.Now don't bash Lost, which I consider to be the best show currently on TV. I love that show and all the twists and turns. Sure it seems like you have to wait awhile to get answers to certain questions, but it is usually worth the wait.

Next season is the LAST season for Lost, so the ultimate conclusion is only a little over a year away.

Dolphan7
04-12-2009, 12:49 AM
Now don't bash Lost, which I consider to be the best show currently on TV. I love that show and all the twists and turns. Sure it seems like you have to wait awhile to get answers to certain questions, but it is usually worth the wait.

Next season is the LAST season for Lost, so the ultimate conclusion is only a little over a year away.I'm a huge Lost fan. Check my signature. You should post more in the Lost thread in the Lounge. :up:

I was just complimenting Harpers Island as it only runs 13 weeks, gives good entertainment and closes quickly, verses Lost, that gives great entertainment, but you have to wait a while to get answers.

I like mini series. I just don't have time.

Phinj
04-12-2009, 05:12 AM
I'm glad all the time travel crud is over with Lost. Harpers Island I think has potential.

Nublar7
04-12-2009, 10:44 AM
I'm glad all the time travel crud is over with Lost. Harpers Island I think has potential.I wouldn't say the time travel plot line is over. For the simple little fact that part of the cast is still stuck in the 70's.

CrazyCarl
04-12-2009, 11:35 PM
I wouldn't say the time travel plot line is over. For the simple little fact that part of the cast is still stuck in the 70's.

I have never seen a single episode of lost, but was under the assumption they were just stuck on an island.

Now I read this time travel business? It sounds like a horrible, horrible show that I would never be interested in seeing. I have been wrong before, but as soon as I read "Half the cast is still stuck in the 70's" I immediately decided to never watch an episode.

Its Always Sunny in Philadelphia, now that is the best show on TV

Oh, I will edit in this Harpers Island thing looks interesting but I prolly wont watch that either.. maybe

Nublar7
04-13-2009, 11:47 AM
I have never seen a single episode of lost, but was under the assumption they were just stuck on an island.

Now I read this time travel business? It sounds like a horrible, horrible show that I would never be interested in seeing. I have been wrong before, but as soon as I read "Half the cast is still stuck in the 70's" I immediately decided to never watch an episode.

Its Always Sunny in Philadelphia, now that is the best show on TV

Oh, I will edit in this Harpers Island thing looks interesting but I prolly wont watch that either.. maybeNot sure how this Harper's Island thread went the way of Lost. :lol:

Lost may sound ridiculous in that there is time travel, but I think it is the most interesting and witty show on TV. It isn't just about people stuck on an island. The island has "powers" and there are all sort of crazy things that go on and keep you guessing. There is a "smoke" monster that lives in a Temple. Polar Bears in the jungle. The island is not on any map and can be moved. A man that was already on the island that never ages(Richard is the same age in the 70s as he is in present day). A mystery leader of the island people that only two people can see and hear(By the way the character's name is Jacob and he is supposed to make his first apperance in the season finale.)

The villian(or is he?) is Ben and is one of the coolest characters there is.

CrazyCarl
04-13-2009, 01:39 PM
Not sure how this Harper's Island thread went the way of Lost. :lol:

Lost may sound ridiculous in that there is time travel, but I think it is the most interesting and witty show on TV. It isn't just about people stuck on an island. The island has "powers" and there are all sort of crazy things that go on and keep you guessing. There is a "smoke" monster that lives in a Temple. Polar Bears in the jungle. The island is not on any map and can be moved. A man that was already on the island that never ages(Richard is the same age in the 70s as he is in present day). A mystery leader of the island people that only two people can see and hear(By the way the character's name is Jacob and he is supposed to make his first apperance in the season finale.)

The villian(or is he?) is Ben and is one of the coolest characters there is.

Alright, that clears some things up.

Maybe ill check it out