PDA

View Full Version : NBA MVP Race

kud
04-13-2009, 09:09 PM
ESPN WRITERS put their ballots in.

http://proxy.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?page=MVP09

LeBron James: 89 points (17 first-place votes, 1 second)
Dwyane Wade: 62 points (1 first-place vote, 8 second, 7 third, 2 fourth)
Kobe Bryant: 53 points (8 second-place votes, 5 third, 1 fourth, 4 fifth)
Dwight Howard: 31 points (1 second-place vote, 2 third,10 fourth, 1 fifth)
Chris Paul: 22 points (3 third-place votes, 3 fourth, 7 fifth)
Chauncey Billups: 8 points (1 third-place vote, 1 fourth, 3 fifth)
Paul Pierce: 3 points (1 fourth-place vote, 1 fifth)
Tony Parker: 2 points (2 fifth-place votes)

As expected, Lebron pretty well in front. Looks like there's not gonna be an MV3 year. But it's clear how much merit they still put in team record, with Kobe being so close to Wade, cause he really hasn't been close as productive.

Clipse
04-14-2009, 03:36 PM
It's unfortunate, but it is what it is. It isn't MVP at all, it is MVT (Most Valuable Team). God I hate the Cavs, and can't wait to see them lose in the playoffs, because they won't be winning it all, that's for sure.

playmaker1
04-14-2009, 04:44 PM
king James!

kud
04-14-2009, 07:29 PM
king James!

King 3 Step, aka Lord of Travels. :dcr:

Dolfan3773
04-14-2009, 11:08 PM
**** Lebron

BARF
04-14-2009, 11:16 PM
the vote was fixed, they lebron stuffed the ballot box

tylerdolphin
04-15-2009, 12:51 AM
LeBron deserves the MVP this year. No doubt about it

Clipse
04-15-2009, 04:49 AM
King 3 Step, aka Lord of Travels. :dcr:
"Crab Dribble" :rolleyes2: No idea why travelling is even in the rulebook anymore. Players like LeBron and Iverson are notorious for it, yet never get called for it.

Clipse
04-15-2009, 04:50 AM
LeBron deserves the MVP this year. No doubt about it
Heat won 13 games last year with Wade being out and injured. With Wade, they have won over 45 games this year. Sounds like a "Most Valuable Player" to me. of course the award doesn't go to MVP, it goes to the best player on the best team...

CedarPhin
04-15-2009, 04:52 AM
I think LeBron wins it, but D-Wade deserves it.

tylerdolphin
04-15-2009, 09:26 AM
Heat won 13 games last year with Wade being out and injured. With Wade, they have won over 45 games this year. Sounds like a "Most Valuable Player" to me. of course the award doesn't go to MVP, it goes to the best player on the best team...
The Cavs would be horrible without Lebron too...

#1 Fan
04-15-2009, 11:25 AM

i got wade for mvp too, but the heat has won 42 games this year and won 15 last year. still a 27 game improvement.

kud
04-15-2009, 01:01 PM
"Crab Dribble" :rolleyes2: No idea why travelling is even in the rulebook anymore. Players like LeBron and Iverson are notorious for it, yet never get called for it.

That's my favorite! :hi5:

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2009/04/2zp6nhc-1.jpg

arsenal
04-15-2009, 01:13 PM
lol@anyone thinking lebron doesn't deserve it...

wade played in 51 games last year with those 15 wins.. yeah he was banged up but he played... its not like he was gone all year... their team also now had shaun marion then jermain o'neal added, also michael beasley...

and the Cavs have over a 20 game improvement over last year also...

and what has wade done so much better than Lebron this year? they both carry their team... Wade averages 1.5 more points per game on 2 extra shots per game... Wade averages .5 more steals per game and .3 more assists... yet Lebron's Assist to turnover ratio is better by .5... shooting %s across the board are about even...

what makes you people think Wade deserved it so much more, its definitely not defense, what is it then?

kud
04-15-2009, 02:21 PM
what makes you people think Wade deserved it so much more, its definitely not defense, what is it then?

I never said Lebron deserves it less, but Wade was a better defender this year so I don't know what you mean by that remark.

Ferretsquig
04-15-2009, 02:32 PM
According to the Cav's fan base, or at least those who don't watch too many games, Lebron is now a lockdown defender who shuts down the opponent's best offensive threat every game.

Dolphins7273
04-15-2009, 02:34 PM
According to the Cav's fan base, or at least those who don't watch too many games, Lebron is now a lockdown defender who shuts down the opponent's best offensive threat every game.

I wonder if they'll still think highly of him when he joins Wade here in Miami in 2010. :D

Clipse
04-15-2009, 03:46 PM
The Cavs would be horrible without Lebron too...
True, but nowhere near as horrible as the Heat.

Clipse
04-15-2009, 03:48 PM
That's my favorite! :hi5:

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2009/04/2zp6nhc-1.jpg
That is hilarious :chuckle:

Clipse
04-15-2009, 03:50 PM
I wonder if they'll still think highly of him when he joins Wade here in Miami in 2010. :D
They will all jump ship, since 95% of Cavs fans are bandwagoners anyways :foundout:

Clipse
04-15-2009, 03:52 PM
Yea that is quite funny. LeBrons defense is very overrated. Just because you block a few people from behind doesn't make you a great defender, shutting someone down does, and LeBron doesn't shut people down. Wade is a much better defender, one of the best defenders in the league really.

Ferretsquig
04-15-2009, 05:20 PM
I wouldn't go that far. Wade is an incredible shot blocker, and when he feels like it will play decent defense. He doesn't have very good footwork though.....he gets torched by the quicker guys.

SpurzN703
04-15-2009, 05:56 PM
James and Wade are both viable MVP candidates. Does it really matter who wins? Win the title, **** the award

arsenal
04-16-2009, 07:26 AM
first im not a cav's fan... ima sixers fan...

but im also an NBA fan who watches all games, and I love dwayne wade (i have one of his jerseys) but im not gonna blindly hate on Lebron like many are doing here...

his defense is not overrated at all, and he doesn't even block that many shots, i think Wade blocks more... but his size and quickness make him a capable defender and he has been improving on that aspect every season... i would not put Wade's defense over Lebron's... at best i would call them even...

so even if you want to say its even, their offensive stats are basically even, their supporting casts would both be **** without them... yet Lebron's team has 23 more wins, and somehow Wade not winning would be a travesty? be serious...

yes Wade deserves some consideration, but most people think Lebron deserves more, and just from watching them play, I agree... even if you feel Wade should be the MVP, it cant be by that much where it would be some kind of robbery if Lebron won...

people in this thread are just clearly Lebron haters, i dont know how you could hate the guy but its clear thats going on in here... I love Wade, love his game, love Lebron love his game, but Lebron is the clear MVP in the league, and the majority of unbiased NBA fans would agree...