PDA

View Full Version : Where the Wild Things Are.

Tetragrammaton
04-13-2009, 11:54 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--N9klJXbjQ

I am so excited for this movie. Spike Jonze makes some incredible movies.

Cassiopeia
04-14-2009, 01:00 AM
i agree with you so much! this is my all-time favorite book. i was worried at first, but once i found out spike jonze was the director, i was really excited. its going to be so good!

BobDole
04-22-2009, 04:26 PM
i agree with you so much! this is my all-time favorite book. i was worried at first, but once i found out spike jonze was the director, i was really excited. its going to be so good!

ditto. loved that book as a kid. i was horrified when i heard they were making it into a movie - but then i found out jonze was going to be responsible. and everything came up milhouse.

for those of you that have the HDNet channels (brighthouse) - there is a show on HDNet called the ultimate trailer show with robert wilonsky - check this show out. he does all the main stream flicks - but more importantly - he does the off beat movies that we so love. he also does an oldie-but-goodie trailer at the end based on viewer's emails. last week was fightclub. anyways, i saw the full length trailer for where the wild things are on this show and my expectations are through the roof for this one. looks like it will be fantastic.

am i allowed to make fun of locke for his girlfriend owning him to the point that she now posts on his football site? in good fun, of course. i figured i should clear it with the girlfriend first.

Cassiopeia
04-22-2009, 06:34 PM
ditto. loved that book as a kid. i was horrified when i heard they were making it into a movie - but then i found out jonze was going to be responsible. and everything came up milhouse.

for those of you that have the HDNet channels (brighthouse) - there is a show on HDNet called the ultimate trailer show with robert wilonsky - check this show out. he does all the main stream flicks - but more importantly - he does the off beat movies that we so love. he also does an oldie-but-goodie trailer at the end based on viewer's emails. last week was fightclub. anyways, i saw the full length trailer for where the wild things are on this show and my expectations are through the roof for this one. looks like it will be fantastic.

am i allowed to make fun of locke for his girlfriend owning him to the point that she now posts on his football site? in good fun, of course. i figured i should clear it with the girlfriend first.

lol! he helped me set up the account. we pretty much do everything together, so i don't think he cares too much either. but hey, anyone who wants to make fun of him a little is ok by me!

Blackocrates
08-10-2009, 07:49 AM
When is this coming out?

BobDole
08-10-2009, 08:26 AM
When is this coming out?

October 16th as far as i know. should be damn good.

for brighthouse subscribers - how pissed are you guys that they took the HDNet channels away? lost my HDNet fights, some decent movies, and the immensely entertaining ultimate trailer show. not happy about it.

PATSSUCK
08-21-2009, 08:20 PM
I am a 29 year old man, but I cant get through the trailer without getting emotional and teary eyed. Everytime I see it, I am a kid again and I sitting in my elementary school library. I could literally still smell the library and feel the book in my hand. This book is the embodiment of my love of reading and my childhood for some reason.

The trailer is one of the best I have ever seen by the way. The song is perfectly selected for it.

Blackocrates
08-21-2009, 09:43 PM
I am a 29 year old man, but I cant get through the trailer without getting emotional and teary eyed. Everytime I see it, I am a kid again and I sitting in my elementary school library. I could literally still smell the library and feel the book in my hand. This book is the embodiment of my love of reading and my childhood for some reason.

I definitely get where you're coming from. I love having memories rushing back like that. However, after the initial pleasure I usually get sad, realizing those days are gone and I'm getting older.

PATSSUCK
08-21-2009, 09:57 PM
I definitely get where you're coming from. I love having memories rushing back like that. However, after the initial pleasure I usually get sad, realizing those days are gone and I'm getting older.

I get sad too, but then I realize that I was lucky even to experience that. As for the movie, I am so emotionally invested in it, I would be devastated if it is not that good. I have a good feeling about it though. I am going to read the book to my daughter and take her to see it.