PDA

View Full Version : Bow Wow No Longer "Lil"

BAMAPHIN 22
04-14-2009, 02:39 PM
If there were any doubts that Bow Wow is all grown up, his new CD - which comes with a parental advisory sticker - will drive the point home.

The 22-year-old rapper says "New Jack City II" shows his growth, from the amount of control he had on it to the lyrical content.

He's also growing as an actor. He returns to HBO's "Entourage" this summer and appears in the Hurricane Katrina-inspired basketball drama, "Hurricane Season," with Forest Whitaker, Taraji P. Henson and Lil Wayne, later this year.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/04/13/entertainment/main4942298.shtml

SpurzN703
04-14-2009, 02:43 PM
Now all he has to do is change his name to anything but "Bow Wow" and then he can be taken seriously. 'Lil just made it a little worse.

playmaker1
04-14-2009, 04:15 PM
I thought he dropped it a few years ago?

dreday
04-14-2009, 04:23 PM
The only reason he “retiring” is because his last couple of cds FLOPPED and he wanted to save face before his label drops him!Hell his “Faceoff” album with Omarion got Omarion dropped from his label!

Oh and btw, this only means that he has a new album coming out, and announcing his fake retirement will help with record sales selling concert tickets….

At least he has money but he should invest we never know what’s happenning tomorrow!

Clipse
04-14-2009, 04:51 PM
Bow Wow is a horrible name, and he is a horrible rapper. If only he really did retire, there would be one less talentless rapper in the world...

eger
04-14-2009, 04:52 PM
I'm sure he doesn't have anything interesting to say that I haven't already heard a million times. I'd rather just listen to the beats.

playmaker1
04-14-2009, 06:21 PM
Bow Wow is a horrible name, and he is a horrible rapper. If only he really did retire, there would be one less talentless rapper in the world...

Snoop named him.

KDog13
04-14-2009, 06:33 PM
o snap

Clipse
04-15-2009, 04:40 AM
Snoop named him.
That's all fine but, Bow Wow might work as an R&B artist, but not as a rapper.

fishfanfromjerz
04-15-2009, 10:20 AM
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/04/13/entertainment/main4942298.shtml

IS this news? WHY is this news? and WHY is cbsnews covering this??

Arsenal WV
04-15-2009, 12:13 PM
I actually wrote an essay for my college english class about how Rap music has gotten worse and worse over the past years. With rappers using gang signs, repping there gangs, talking about drugs and cursing every other word

It's really pathetic if you ask me.

Noodle Arm
04-15-2009, 01:24 PM
If I were an Asian hip-hop artist, I'd call myself Lil Wang.

Nappy Roots
04-15-2009, 03:33 PM
he was frickin 11 or whatever when he came out, give him a break on his name. if he wrote his own raps when he first came out, i give him props for doing it so young, but other then that he sucks..

Clipse
04-15-2009, 04:12 PM
I actually wrote an essay for my college english class about how Rap music has gotten worse and worse over the past years. With rappers using gang signs, repping there gangs, talking about drugs and cursing every other word

It's really pathetic if you ask me.
I totally agree. Rap has evolved for the worse. I used to love rap. Tribe Called Quest, Black Star, Hieroglyphics just to name a few, were great. Now rap is just guns, drugs and *******. Sure it was cool when NWA started it, but now it is just repetitve and played out. Actually pretty sad how bad it's gotten when R&B artists like Lil Bow Wow start rapping about it :crazy:. Rap is dead. R&B is dead. All you can do is listen to old school because new school has an ugly future.

Nappy Roots
04-15-2009, 04:27 PM
I totally agree. Rap has evolved for the worse. I used to love rap. Tribe Called Quest, Black Star, Hieroglyphics just to name a few, were great. Now rap is just guns, drugs and *******. Sure it was cool when NWA started it, but now it is just repetitve and played out. Actually pretty sad how bad it's gotten when R&B artists like Lil Bow Wow start rapping about it :crazy:. Rap is dead. R&B is dead. All you can do is listen to old school because new school has an ugly future.

no, now your just more lazy with rap. there are plenty of rappers and groups that dont talk about guns, drugs or whatever that ***** junk is, you just have to look. its not on the radio

edit: your 19? what are you saying, lol...

dreday
04-15-2009, 07:29 PM
he was frickin 11 or whatever when he came out, give him a break on his name. if he wrote his own raps when he first came out, i give him props for doing it so young, but other then that he sucks..

He STILL requires a ghost-writer,so no he never wrote his own ****.

Clipse
04-16-2009, 10:09 AM
no, now your just more lazy with rap. there are plenty of rappers and groups that dont talk about guns, drugs or whatever that ***** junk is, you just have to look. its not on the radio

Not on the radio? As if I'm not aware of "Underground" rap... Today's rap, for the most part, sucks. Plain and simple. Sure there are still a few nice rappers out there in the underground. But as far as Mainstream goes, I'd rather swallow a gun... Your 22? What's the difference?

Nappy Roots
04-16-2009, 03:54 PM
Not on the radio? As if I'm not aware of "Underground" rap... Today's rap, for the most part, sucks. Plain and simple. Sure there are still a few nice rappers out there in the underground. But as far as Mainstream goes, I'd rather swallow a gun... Your 22? What's the difference?

um...because you said you used to love rap with the likes of TCQ, who was relavent when you were what? 8?

and you werent even born when NWA came out, so to say 'sure it was cool then', but now been played out...lol. how long have you listen to rap?

apparently your not aware of "underground" rap if you said rap is just about guns, drugs, etc. now, when thats clearly false.

JTBRLZ
04-16-2009, 04:07 PM
Yep. Puberty will do that to ya.

KDog13
04-16-2009, 04:10 PM
If I were an Asian hip-hop artist, I'd call myself Lil Wang.

um that would be an insult to himself although it is proven they have lil wangs

Arsenal WV
04-16-2009, 05:59 PM

I turn 20 very soon. You're 22, how much more would you know? not much sir.

Rap music is doing nothing but bringing our country down. I listen to every kind of music. Underground rap, mainstream, old school, rock, classic rock, pop, r&b, anything you can think of, I listen to it. except bluegrass lol

But I forgot how funny it is to degrade women in there songs, smoke weed, talk about shooting people and everything

While you say that's just mainstream music, which do you think more people listen to? Mainstream or underground? exactly

Clipse
04-17-2009, 11:21 AM
um...because you said you used to love rap with the likes of TCQ, who was relavent when you were what? 8?

and you werent even born when NWA came out, so to say 'sure it was cool then', but now been played out...lol. how long have you listen to rap?

apparently your not aware of "underground" rap if you said rap is just about guns, drugs, etc. now, when thats clearly false.
I still do listen to TCQ and all of the old school? So what's the big idea if I was only 8 or so when they started? Never said rap was all about guns, drugs, etc. I said for the most part, nowadays it is, not all.

Clipse
04-17-2009, 11:23 AM
I turn 20 very soon. You're 22, how much more would you know? not much sir.

Rap music is doing nothing but bringing our country down. I listen to every kind of music. Underground rap, mainstream, old school, rock, classic rock, pop, r&b, anything you can think of, I listen to it. except bluegrass lol

But I forgot how funny it is to degrade women in there songs, smoke weed, talk about shooting people and everything

While you say that's just mainstream music, which do you think more people listen to? Mainstream or underground? exactly
Exactly. Most mainstream is horrible. Underground is alot better, but even most of that is impossible to listen to.