PDA

View Full Version : Cortisone shot or not?

Finfang
04-15-2009, 07:23 PM
Alright my problem started a while back and hasn't been getting any better. I have a mean case of tendonitis in my elbow.(mouse elbow LOL) Hurts like hell. I've been to the doc and worn the little brace and done the stretching they prescribed but it isn't better and it is really starting to decrease my production at work.

I called the doc back today and they said they can give me a cortisone shot to see if that will help. No need to post a bunch of links in this thread because I've probably read most of the stuff out there by now.

What I am searching for is some answers from anyone who has taken the needle for this particular injury and whether it worked or not?

Tetragrammaton
04-15-2009, 09:04 PM
I had a cortisone shot in my knee once. The most painful shot I have ever had, but it really does take away all of the pain. I don't know how long it lasts though, because I inevitably had surgery.

Finfang
04-16-2009, 01:41 PM
I actually got the shot this morning and it hurts like hell still so no immediate relief. I guess that it should take about 24 hours until I feel relief.

I am sharpening up on my left handed mouse skills today.:chuckle: :(