PDA

View Full Version : Canada Beats World At Rock Paper Scissors

KDog13
04-16-2009, 02:07 AM
Canada Beats World at Rock, Paper, Scissors

dam i was rooting USA lol sweet that you can make money doing this

At a World Rock, Paper, Scissors Championships at a nightclub in downtown Toronto, the favorite childhood game has become a sport. The 320 competitors call themselves professional athletes and wear glitzy costumes Some even bring along team doctors and nutritionists care for their physical well-being and take them through intense warmups. Some international contestants flew in from far away places like London, England to participate in the spectacle.

Toronto's own Rob Krueger, was the winner and netted $3,825. He's a member of the "Legion of the Red Fist" team. He gained the title of World RPS Champion with a combination of rock-paper-paper, defeating his opponent's three rocks. The event drew a crowd of about 900, including a slew of local and international media.

To the uninitiated onlooker, taking the playground game seriously may seem difficult. Many competitors wore homemade costumes, and played with a can of beer in the hand they weren't using for the game.

dolfan305
04-16-2009, 04:20 AM
lol. you got the link or video??? i need to see this. maybe i should go up north and take the title for the usa

SpurzN703
04-16-2009, 09:39 AM
They actually won money for this.

Will there be a Chutes and Ladders tournament we can register for and win cash?

Bumpus
04-16-2009, 09:48 AM
They actually won money for this.

Will there be a Chutes and Ladders tournament we can register for and win cash?

I think that's in the works for 2012 ... rumor has it that they're adding Candyland next year, and Operation the following year.

Myles Fynch
04-16-2009, 10:28 AM
I think that's in the works for 2012 ... rumor has it that they're adding Candyland next year, and Operation the following year.

You don't know pressure until you've been in a drinking "Operation" tournament. It's like Jenga, but with human life on the line.

KDog13
04-16-2009, 01:34 PM
lol. you got the link or video??? i need to see this. maybe i should go up north and take the title for the usa

i think this may be a link to a rock paper scissors tournament
http://www.worldrps.com/
Heres a USA League
http://www.usarps.com/ PRETTY SICK VIDS ON REAL TOURNAMENTS

SpurzN703
04-16-2009, 01:36 PM

I loathe Operation only b/c I suck at it but bring it on in Candyland man!

:hump:

playmaker1
04-16-2009, 04:12 PM
He's a member of the "Legion of the Red Fist" team.

:lol:

Dolfan3773
04-16-2009, 07:16 PM
Lol

CedarPhin
04-16-2009, 07:52 PM
When are the "Monopoly" tournaments?