PDA

View Full Version : U. of Miami tops 'Playboy' party-school list

BAMAPHIN 22
04-17-2009, 11:04 PM
http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

Playboy magazine has named (http://playboyu.com/playboy-party-schools) the University of Miami as the country's top party school.

The magazine, whose rankings go where U.S. News & World Report fears to tread, says it is now turning its party-school list into an annual event.
Playboy says it rated each school in five categories: bikini (a combination of weather, guy-to-girl ratio and cheerleader ranking), sex, campus life, sports and brains.

http://blogs.usatoday.com/ondeadline/2009/04/u-of-miami-tops-playboy-partyschool-list.html

Bumpus
04-18-2009, 02:17 PM
Hmmm...

WVU slipped to #10. These kids these days in Morgantown ... (mutters incoherently)

spydertl79
04-18-2009, 02:37 PM
I am so happy that we are really low. UF has faced major crackdowns since they got #1 on Princeton review's list and now UM will too.

On a related note- when will people realize that UF doesn't have a very attractive population? (at least compared to FSU, ASU, Ole Miss, UGA, etc.)

JCane
04-18-2009, 02:54 PM
This list is a joke with its intention.

Most people will look at this and think Miami parties like there is no tomorrow. This is definitely NOT true. The school might be where Playboy likes to come and party, but there's no way the Miami student body is going to out-party the likes of Florida State, Florida, or anyone else probably. And let me go on record as saying that Clemson students THROW DOWN. Clemson might be a school full of redneck farm boys and cowgirls, but they know how to party.

Miami is a private school in a large, flashy city. There's no way they're even top 10. Miami focuses on law and music--not parties lol. We have more players on the football team than we do in the classroom. Florida, Florida State and Clemson are packing 200+ students into classrooms and those kids and partying.

Most of the current and former students I know at Miami are just laughing this one off.

BobDole
04-19-2009, 05:19 PM
I am so happy that we are really low. UF has faced major crackdowns since they got #1 on Princeton review's list and now UM will too.

On a related note- when will people realize that UF doesn't have a very attractive population? (at least compared to FSU, ASU, Ole Miss, UGA, etc.)

the increasing difficulty of UF acceptance has effected the quality of gainesville girls in an inversely proportionate way. (not meant to sound like a thesis) it was not always like that. the girls were insane in that city in 1999 - my first year. they were everywhere. quality went down as the years went on but gainesville does still have some ridiculous talent. go to a football game and tell me the women there aren't 'very attractive'.

FSU and UGA now have UF beat in that category. 10 years ago? not sure about that. UT has the hottest girls by far - and it's been like that for quite some time. i have zero problem with attending gator games in knoxville. when i was still in college, we used to buy UT shirts at neyland and change into them after the game. those chicks are serious about their vols and will not talk to anything wearing orange and blue. had to get creative.

Dolfan3773
04-19-2009, 05:43 PM
This list is a joke with its intention.

Most people will look at this and think Miami parties like there is no tomorrow. This is definitely NOT true. The school might be where Playboy likes to come and party, but there's no way the Miami student body is going to out-party the likes of Florida State, Florida, or anyone else probably. And let me go on record as saying that Clemson students THROW DOWN. Clemson might be a school full of redneck farm boys and cowgirls, but they know how to party.

Miami is a private school in a large, flashy city. There's no way they're even top 10. Miami focuses on law and music--not parties lol. We have more players on the football team than we do in the classroom. Florida, Florida State and Clemson are packing 200+ students into classrooms and those kids and partying.

Most of the current and former students I know at Miami are just laughing this one off.

Couldnt agree more...complete BS...I know about UF and FSU but never about Clemson lol

1 dol fan
04-19-2009, 05:47 PM
UW is where its at! Mad-town baby!!! #6 is respectable.

CedarPhin
04-19-2009, 06:21 PM
STDSU I can agree with being up there.

Chico State ruled that for years, but they haven't been the same since that dude died in the basement.

X-Pacolypse
04-19-2009, 07:33 PM
I visted Clemson back when I was a junior in high school, and I never thought of it as a major party school.

.rush
04-23-2009, 04:15 PM
represent!!!!!!!!!! for da u

Arsenal WV
04-23-2009, 06:24 PM
Hmmm...

WVU slipped to #10. These kids these days in Morgantown ... (mutters incoherently)

I don't get it. We drink more beer than any college campus i've ever been too :lol:

The first day of class I drove down Nehlan and saw people playing beer pong at noon in their front yards

1 dol fan
04-23-2009, 07:32 PM
I don't get it. We drink more beer than any college campus i've ever been too :lol:

The first day of class I drove down Nehlan and saw people playing beer pong at noon in their front yards
At UW-madison, the only reason we would be up that early is because we were still up from the night before!