PDA

View Full Version : Washington State to leave the Pac-10?

CedarPhin
04-25-2009, 05:15 AM
http://www.kitsapsun.com/news/2009/apr/22/ad-says-wsus-pac-10-future-may-be-in-jeopardy/

Washington State athletic director Jim Sterk, under fire for considering a proposal to move the Cougars' next three home football games with Washington to Qwest Field, said Wednesday the additional profits that would be gained by moving the three Apple Cups from Pullman to Seattle may help ensure that WSU remains part of the Pacific-10 Conference.

kpcane
04-25-2009, 11:20 AM
They need to grow that conference, not shrink it. Add 2 out of BYU, Utah, Boise St., or Fresno, and you can have a conference title game.

Polar Opp
06-01-2009, 11:12 AM
I would love to see BSU and Utah added to the Pac 10. Utah and BSU are both good enough to compete for a title in less than 10 years. As a BSU fan and alum I would much rather be .500 and play in the PAC 10 than play the schedule that we do. I think that the problem is the PAC 10 doees not want to share any of their TV contract with two teams that will not significantly contribute to TV market share, and I dont think Utah would leave without BYU. (Even though they should)