67Stang
04-25-2009, 08:28 PM
Man, I don't like this at all...waste of a pic

Dolphin39
04-25-2009, 08:30 PM
I hate the Pat White pick!:boohoo:

dtjp17
04-25-2009, 08:31 PM
what the hell ar they doing drafting for the wildcat michael johnson connor barwin so much more value here white would be there in round three this just ruind my draft

NIXFINS
I agree. I think we could have definitely got him later.

eric1317
The disapointment continues.

finfanfromcsu
even the NFL video of him says he won't go in the first day. WHY?

4THand10
To many needs to be filled before going after luxury picks.:rolleyes2:

aj13
04-25-2009, 08:32 PM
u guys got to be kidding me...the guy has drawn comparisons to hines ward at wideout...and now he just screws every afc east defense even more...

did you watch the new england game????

Roman529
Frickin Mel Kiper still pissed we took Ted Ginn and passed on Matt Ryan!!! LOL

I frickin love this pick!!!

iamjafa
reminds me of saban taking marcus vick
:boohoo:

67Stang
04-25-2009, 08:33 PM
I must admit, this doesn't look good for Beck either

General Tso
04-25-2009, 08:33 PM
Wow. Just wow.

Looks like the wildcat is here to stay. I'm not sure what to think of this pick.

PSU Cane
04-25-2009, 08:34 PM
I hate the pick as well. Yes, he may help out in the wildcat, but how much could he really help the team? Not anywhere near as much as guys like Clint Sintim, Connor Barwin, Sean Smith, Michael Johnson, Max Unger, Jarron Gilbert and others who have the potential to become full time starters and help this team at positions of NEED! QB is not a position of need. You also don't pay a 3rd string QB and gimmick guy the money they will have to as a 2nd round pick.

dlockz
04-25-2009, 08:34 PM

I feel sick. THe Beck pick seems good to me now.

General Tso
04-25-2009, 08:35 PM
I will say this... he's a winner. He certainly has the "make up" that Ireland is always talking about.

I think this means good bye John Beck (as if we didn't know that already).

CitizenSnips
04-25-2009, 08:38 PM
I wanted brace, sintim, e. brown, or butler. All of them got taken before our pick.

Im okay with the White pick. Only if Henning is creative enough to make it work.

flsportsfan83
04-25-2009, 08:38 PM
I love the Pat White pic. I am a huge USF fan and watch WVU alot. The kid is fast as hell, and is a winner. He will be a WR, and be huge in the Wild Cat.

eric1317
04-25-2009, 08:40 PM
I feel sick. THe Beck pick seems good to me now.
You should be happy beck will be gone for sure now.

flynryan15
It amazes me that you guys are excited about a cornerback with bad work ethic and inconstant cover skills. Not to mention you think Henne is the second coming a Christ! Yet think this kid is a bad pick? I have seen everyone of his games and not as a WVU fan. He has a strong accurate arm, great speed, vision, decision making skills and most of all he is a leader and never a head case!!!

This kid just made the wildcat a real threat and can compete with Henne for a starting job. Only Qb to win 4 bowl games which included Fiesta Bowl, Sugar Bowl and Gator Bowl. Henne turned in a single Capital One Bowl victory. He broke all of McNabbs Big East records. This kid will make a splash next year!!! :up::up::up::up::up::up::up::up:

dlockz

I like Beck alot more now lol.

krisko
04-25-2009, 08:41 PM
i'm excited because i have no idea what to expect and because i've put my trust into parcells and ireland. i actually like that nobody here seems to like the pick. i think this could turn into something really good.

Roman529
04-25-2009, 08:42 PM
You Pat White haters should go put on New England Pariot jerseys.

Dolphin39
04-25-2009, 08:44 PM
It amazes me that you guys are excited about a cornerback with bad work ethic and inconstant cover skills. Not to mention you think Henne is the second coming a Christ! Yet think this kid is a bad pick? I have seen everyone of his games and not as a WVU fan. He has a strong accurate arm, great speed, vision, decision making skills and most of all he is a leader and never a head case!!!

This kid just made the wildcat a real threat and can compete with Henne for a starting job. Only Qb to win 4 bowl games which included Fiesta Bowl, Sugar Bowl and Gator Bowl. Henne turned in a single Capital One Bowl victory. He broke all of McNabbs Big East records. This kid will make a splash next year!!! :up::up::up::up::up::up::up::up:

I sure hope I'm wrong and you're right! :(

finman38
wow i think we blew it on that pick with white we needed a linebacker more

chillwill3000
this is a head scratcher. but it will give defenses hell running the wildcat. but 2nd round?

houtz
Why would you "hope" Henning is creative enogh to use him? He wouldn't have been drafted if the FO doesn't already have a plan in mind for him. The kid has what it takes to be an NFL quarterback in this league IMO. His arm is deadly and his legs can kill you. He's a WR/QB and he's going to run rampid in the NFL.

Parcells/Ireland/Sparano know more then all of us combined. They know what they're doing.

eric1317
04-25-2009, 08:45 PM

I hated the davis pick this just compounds that poor choice. I will give you the white is a high charactor guy but he better be an outstanding wr or we are f***ed

dlockz
Well I guess Ireland misses Isiah Stanback. People can spin it however they like I personally think its an awful pick. Lets not act like PArcells has never missed on a player. Simtim is there and we take a part time player that has never returned a kick or played receiver. Hell maybe he is our new qb of the future.

Gotta love takin a receiver that runs a 4.5 with no experience or a six foor qb.

PogiRo
I was hoping the Wildcat would go away eventually, I thought it was just a way to maximize the strengths and downplay the weaknesses on this team. I figured once Parcells, Ireland, and Sporano get their guys in here, then we could go back to a conventional offense and I thought it was going to be great with the Chads at the helm. But now we spent our 2nd pick on Pat White...

How is this going to work? Thing about the Wildcat with Ronnie running it was that we had the same guys out there as our regular offense. Opposing teams couldn't tell if the Wildcat was coming. Now if they see Pat White coming out instead of Ronnie, or instead of Chad, guess what's coming. And as the season went on, teams figured it out.

If he can work out at receiver, then it'll make sense, but I don't see it. Wouldn't mind nearly as much if it was with our 3rd, but with our first 2nd rounder? Ugh, the Patriots grabbed Butler and Brace and we get Pat White.

finfan54
04-25-2009, 08:46 PM
Every defensive coordinator hates us.

WelcomeBack
04-25-2009, 08:48 PM
If we can come out of the first day with Vontae Davis, Pat White and Michael Johnson, I'd be rather happy actually.

Mr772
04-25-2009, 08:49 PM
I think Pat White has the talent to beat out Chad Henne as our future QB in a year or two. Pat White is a baller. Love the pick, he has a strong accurate arm and can do everything well add to that the he has elite speed and you have a dangerous player.

flynryan15
04-25-2009, 08:49 PM
I sure hope I'm wrong and you're right! :(

Think Micheal Vick type athletic abilities, but with a Honor Student intelligence and great character. You guys need to relax and go watch some of his games on youtube I suggest the 07 Fiesta Bowl and 05 Sugar Bowl.

dlockz
04-25-2009, 08:50 PM
I think Pat White has the talent to beat out Chad Henne as our future QB in a year or two. Pat White is a baller. Love the pick, he has a strong accurate arm and can do everything well add to that the he has elite speed and you have a dangerous player.

4.5 is elite speed.

flynryan15

I agree compare White in college to Henne. Actually there is no comparison!!!

ZachThomas76
John Beck, welcome to unemployment. oh wait, hes "terrific".

dlockz
04-25-2009, 08:51 PM
Every defensive coordinator hates us.

Well with the defensive talent NE drafted Im sure they will be fine.

flynryan15
4.5 is elite speed.

He ran faster at his pro day not to mention he is not just quick he is overall fast!

Roman529
You should go put on a dunce cap for this post

Why?...too many crybabies on here have to ***** and whine about how the Patriots took all of our players. Go root for them if you are going to complain all the time. The Patriots are going to win the SB every year, Tom Brady is going to kill us next year...blah, blah, blah.

finman38
a wasted second round pick imo

PhinSoldia
04-25-2009, 08:52 PM
You Pat White haters should go put on New England Pariot jerseys.

no i really shouldnt...if we got pat white in the 7th round for giggles great...but is this kid supposed to make what kind of impact on this team?? as a QB? i thought Henne was the future...what does this do for him? or his he supposed to be playing WR? or is he here strictly for a wildcat wrinkle???

BAD PICK BAD PICK BAD PICK BAD PICK

PerfectFinz72
04-25-2009, 08:53 PM
I like the pick of Pat White. The guys on NFL network seemed to love it. No offense (or maybe much offense) some of you are fans...not experts or analysts. I trust them and value their opinion more than some of you. After all, some of you act like you're always right when you are overly obsessed with your opinion. See Ronnie Brown hating...

Wildbill3
has there ever been a team use as many 2nd round picks to aquire QBs as the miami dolphins?

Fin_Frenzy_84
Pat white opened the wild cat now big time parcells draft him to be used right away not a back up QB

67Stang
04-25-2009, 08:54 PM
Why?...too many crybabies on here have to ***** and whine about how the Patriots took all of our players. Go root for them if you are going to complain all the time. The Patriots are going to win the SB every year, Tom Brady is going to kill us next year...blah, blah, blah.
Dude, nobody said they won't support him, just don't agree with the pic of white so high in the draft. So we should put on Pats jerseys?...seriously?

flynryan15
04-25-2009, 08:54 PM
Enjoy the future this is for all the ones that doubt him!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0YPDFmcp5Y

PeepinTom
04-25-2009, 08:55 PM
I am surprised as well, but this draft is too much like the 05 draft. There is too many similar players at the same positions. How many players are out there like Pat White. I think it is a good pick-up because he wouldn't be there at 56. We will probably draft Kruger at 56

dlockz
04-25-2009, 08:55 PM
has there ever been a team use as many 2nd round picks to aquire QBs as the miami dolphins?

I should have known better to think we had this drafting thing down. We just took two steps back. Im just trying to figure out who we were trying to beat to White, definately not NE since they passed three times on him.

PhinsLakersFan
04-25-2009, 08:56 PM
this is not a reach, somebody behind us would have taken him b4 we could select again. If they were willing to trade down and find a partner, it lets people know we were selecting him and jeopardizes our chances.

ZachThomas76
04-25-2009, 08:56 PM
no i really shouldnt...if we got pat white in the 7th round for giggles great...but is this kid supposed to make what kind of impact on this team?? as a QB? i thought Henne was the future...what does this do for him? or his he supposed to be playing WR? or is he here strictly for a wildcat wrinkle???

I dont get the pick either early in the 2nd round. If hes there in the 4th, ok fine. At most, he comes in for a play here and there in the Wildcat, which goes away from what Parcells wants anyway, a huge OLine and power running game. I dont get it either.

PhinsLakersFan
04-25-2009, 08:57 PM
he has the 'IT' factor. he has been a winner ever since going to WVU, 4 bowl game wins.

RonBrown
04-25-2009, 08:58 PM
You guys should all go work for ESPN because you know everything. This pick is very intriguing and I think we should all wait and see before we call it a terrible pick. As far as I'm concerned we should trust the FO until proven otherwise.

PhinSoldia
this is not a reach, somebody behind us would have taken him b4 we could select again. If they were willing to trade down and find a partner, it lets people know we were selecting him and jeopardizes our chances.

he shouldnt have been picked in the first place

clbrazee
So much for trading Jason Taylor - we WASTED it on Pat White.

ticophin
04-25-2009, 08:59 PM
How many here were hoping we go .500 last season? Yet, the Trifecta comes in in their 1st year and whips everybody winning the AFC East @ the Medowlands, sending Favre into the long walk......Sit back, trust our front office, have another brew, enjoy the rest of this LOOONG awaited day!!!

PhinsLakersFan
he gives roster flexibility, and the trifecta wouldn't have chosen him if he they weren't confident in ulitizing him to his fullest potential,

Roman529

Yeah lets not add any players to our offense who might help us. That would be a horrible idea!!!! When Pat throws for 100+ yards and runs for 100+ yards you guys will be the first one here chirping about how great he is. What does this have to with Henne? Have you see Henne throw a pass for the Dolphin's in a regular season game yet? :confused:

dlockz
04-25-2009, 09:00 PM
he has the 'IT' factor. he has been a winner ever since going to WVU, 4 bowl game wins.

I guess we should draft Tim Teabow next year since its about the it factor. I cant wait.

ZachThomas76
04-25-2009, 09:01 PM
he gives roster flexibility, and the trifecta wouldn't have chosen him if he they weren't confident in ulitizing him to his fullest potential,

he allows Bill Parcells to kick John Beck in the nuts, and tell him to leave the facility and never come back.

BeanGreen
Im just trying to figure out who we were trying to beat to White, definately not NE since they passed three times on him.

I'm guessing the Raiders if anyone.

PhinsLakersFan
the more the merrier, why have 1 when we can have 2. j/k besides adding tebow doesn't create roster flexibility

rickd13
04-25-2009, 09:02 PM

So what. Take someone else. Especially on defense.

PogiRo
04-25-2009, 09:03 PM
I dont get the pick either early in the 2nd round. If hes there in the 4th, ok fine. At most, he comes in for a play here and there in the Wildcat, which goes away from what Parcells wants anyway, a huge OLine and power running game. I dont get it either.

Exactly, I was hoping the early 2nd rounder was going to be someone we could expect to be a full-time starter eventually. Pat White is a great talent, but how much is he going to see the field? Hopefully he's a solid WR, but we have a bunch of solid WRs already.

Wonder if this means Ronnie's days are numbered.

PhinsLakersFan
with pat white, he's the new slash though I hope with a better outcome. john beck is certainly gone, we carry 2 qb after this season with penninton gone, he'll provide wr help ala stanbeck in dallas, and he can be counted on to handle kickoffs

finman38
John Beck is not going anywhere... white could never beat him out. mark it down....... finman

flynryan15
So much for trading Jason Taylor - we WASTED it on Pat White.

Man get a clue go watch the 08 Fiesta Bowl where this kid put the team on his shoulders after Rodriguez left them the week before! This kid wins Henne would have folded like a house of cards hit by a wet fart in that situation!!!

ZachThomas76
04-25-2009, 09:04 PM
Yeah lets not add any players to our offense who might help us. That would be a horrible idea!!!! When Pat throws for 100+ yards and runs for 100+ yards you guys will be the first one here chirping about how great he is. What does this have to with Henne? Have you see Henne throw a pass for the Dolphin's in a regular season game yet? :confused:

because its a luxury pick for a team with very needs. its a toy on offense. as a team, Miami cant make picks like this as realy as they did. Assuming Pennington starts, what does Pat White do? get 4 snaps a game in the Wildcat? if that? hes never played wr, and hes aa smurf, so dont give me that either.

FinaticalOne
04-25-2009, 09:05 PM

Talent will not be a factor if they don't know what is coming. Last year, we beat a lot of teams that were more talented to us. We beat them by out-scheming them. BTW, 4.5 for a QB is elite speed. It's still faster than any DL or LB that is trying to rush him.

I just love playing devils advocate :up:

ZachThomas76
John Beck is not going anywhere... white could never beat him out. mark it down....... finman

Ill mark it down in pencil, easier to erase.

chillwill3000
I understand what they are thinking with this pick but, it is just too much of a reach for me. If Pat White turns out to revolutionize the way the wilcat/spread offense is run in the NFL , then great pick. But what are the chances?

ZachThomas76
04-25-2009, 09:06 PM
Talent will not be a factor if they don't know what is coming. Last year, we beat a lot of teams that were more talented to us. We beat them by out-scheming them. BTW, 4.5 for a QB is elite speed. It's still faster than any DL or LB that is trying to rush him.

and towards the end of the year, after teams watched some tape, the Wildcat got less and less effective.

rickd13

I hate the Pat White pick, but John Beck's days are numbered in Miami even without Pat White. They will end up cutting him.

67Stang

Yaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwnnnnn

PhinsLakersFan
99.9%

General Tso
04-25-2009, 09:07 PM
What does this have to with Henne? Have you see Henne throw a pass for the Dolphin's in a regular season game yet? :confused:

I get your point, but for the record, Henne did throw some passes in the regular season.

I was in Arizona and saw Henne drive the team down the field. Got the pics to prove it.

FinaticalOne

:lol2: Good one.

dlockz

good choice because I am in hell right now. Horrible pick but oh well.

bluehaze
04-25-2009, 09:08 PM
Happy with the pick when looking at the big picture this creates alot of headaches for the opposition. We've seen how big a headache the Wildcat was for defensive coordinators with Ronnie running it, and there's no way it was going to be nearly as effective this year, that is until we picked up Pat White! Kinda makes you wonder about those Ronnie trade rumors though?

Regardless, I trust Parcells and company far more than I would trust anyone else! :lol:

flynryan15
04-25-2009, 09:08 PM
I understand what they are thinking with this pick but, it is just too much of a reach for me. If Pat White turns out to revolutionize the way the wilcat/spread offense is run in the NFL , then great pick. But what are the chances?

Good! We scored 8 of our 38 offensive TD's from the Wildcat and it just got more deadly! Think of it this way every time Ronnie pulled the ball out of Ricky's belly we knew Ronnie was running. Now you don't know what is going to happen. A pass or a run not to mention he can hit Ginn down the field!

Roman529
04-25-2009, 09:09 PM
because its a luxury pick for a team with very needs. its a toy on offense. as a team, Miami cant make picks like this as realy as they did. Assuming Pennington starts, what does Pat White do? get 4 snaps a game in the Wildcat? if that? hes never played wr, and hes aa smurf, so dont give me that either.

I guess you guys all know more about gauging player's talents then Rich Rodriguez and Bill Parcells? Maybe Bill wants to use him as a Wide Receiver? He could be used at 2 or 3 positions, which saves us spots on the 53 man roster. Why don't you guys give it some time before you criticize the pick? That's all I am saying. :rolleyes2:

uga3406
I agree with you all. I hate that pick, almost as much as the Ginn pick. What the hell are they thinking? They draft a player in the 2nd rd when all he will ever do is play 10-15 plays..WTF??? Sintim was still their and so was Barwin and they never even thought of them. IF you wanted to draft White u could of waited til the 3rd or 4th rd and now your stuck with just a medocore player at best. Wow what a kick in the pants

skipp2myloo13
99.9%

wat?

finman38
04-25-2009, 09:10 PM
How many here were hoping we go .500 last season? Yet, the Trifecta comes in in their 1st year and whips everybody winning the AFC East @ the Medowlands, sending Favre into the long walk......Sit back, trust our front office, have another brew, enjoy the rest of this LOOONG awaited day!!!

yeah, your right everyone was not suspecting us to do so good, watch this year. teams won't take us lightly this year... watch parcells is not god you think.

RutgersMan
04-25-2009, 09:11 PM
and towards the end of the year, after teams watched some tape, the Wildcat got less and less effective.
I love Ronnie Brown, but the reason why the wildcat didn't work near the end of the season was he wasn't selling the pass". He would either run it himself or hand if to Ricki. This is an awesome pick. It gives a new wrinkle to the wildcat, gives him time to learn the offense once Pennington leaves (even if he only is a back-up). At the same time we can line him up at WR, and we can have him return punts.

dlockz
Happy with the pick when looking at the big picture this creates alot of headaches for the opposition. We've seen how big a headache the Wildcat was for defensive coordinators with Ronnie running it, and there's no way it was going to be nearly as effective this year, that is until we picked up Pat White!

Besides, I trust Parcells and company far more than I trust a bunch of guys on a forum! :lol:

Yea the wildcat really helped us versus Balt. Like I keep saying we might as well have signed Michael Vick if you want a qb that can run and give defenses headaches. Parcells and company have drafted many unproductive players Bobby Carpenter and Kevin Burnett come to mind quickly.

ZachThomas76
I guess you guys all know more about gauging player's talents then Rich Rodriguez and Bill Parcells? Maybe Bill wants to use him as a Wide Receiver? He could be used at 2 or 3 positions, which saves us spots on the 53 man roster. Why don't you guys give it some time before you criticize the pick? That's all I am saying. :rolleyes2:

Because Im here to offer my opinion just like everyone else. Early 2nd round player for a pt player I dont agree with, just like I hated Ginn at 9. But hey, the Raiders taking DHB at 7 this year still has me chuckling. Oh Al Davis, you senile, senile man.

Dolphin39
04-25-2009, 09:12 PM
I'm tired of our team constantly being a finesse team and want us to be SMASH MOUTH!

Pat White is NOT a smash mouth type of player. The only thing I can think of is Parcells sees Pennington being gone after next year and hopes Henne, White, or both work out at QB. :rolleyes2:

Xeticus
I wanted brace, sintim, e. brown, or butler. All of them got taken before our pick.

Im okay with the White pick. Only if Henning is creative enough to make it work.
Sintim got taken 1 pick after Pat White and Connor Barwin taken 2 picks after Pat White. This was a really bad pick. This was a gimmick offense pick. I think it's a waste of an important pick.

General Tso
I agree with you all. I hate that pick, almost as much as the Ginn pick. What the hell are they thinking? They draft a player in the 2nd rd when all he will ever do is play 10-15 plays..WTF??? Sintim was still their and so was Barwin and they never even thought of them. IF you wanted to draft White u could of waited til the 3rd or 4th rd and now your stuck with just a medocore player at best. Wow what a kick in the pants

Uhhh... just a wild guess... but pretty sure Bill and Jeff thought of those LB's... and determined they'd rather have White.

rickd13
04-25-2009, 09:13 PM

How the hell do you know he can play wide receiver. He has never done it before.

67Stang
04-25-2009, 09:13 PM
Oh well, he is a Phin now, so hopefully he pans out.

ZachThomas76
04-25-2009, 09:14 PM
I love Ronnie Brown, but the reason why the wildcat didn't work near the end of the season was he wasn't selling the pass". He would either run it himself or hand if to Ricki. This is an awesome pick. It gives a new wrinkle to the wildcat, gives him time to learn the offense once Pennington leaves (even if he only is a back-up). At the same time we can line him up at WR, and we can have him return punts.

or it could be that the Wildcat is a college gimmick with a very short shelf life in the NFL.

Roman529
04-25-2009, 09:15 PM
Because Im here to offer my opinion just like everyone else. Early 2nd round player for a pt player I dont agree with, just like I hated Ginn at 9. But hey, the Raiders taking DHB at 7 this year still has me chuckling. Oh Al Davis, you senile, senile man.

The Raiders also took a Safety that wasn't even listed in Mel Kiper's book of the top 20 Safeties. :lol: I think Al Davis is beyond senile.

flynryan15
04-25-2009, 09:16 PM
Sintim got taken 1 pick after Pat White and Connor Barwin taken 2 picks after Pat White. This was a really bad pick. This was a gimmick offense pick. I think it's a waste of an important pick.

Conor Barwin is a fat turd! Go watch the video I posted you will see him flopping on the ground after White blows by him!!! Like we need another Matt Roth :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Pitbull13
04-25-2009, 09:17 PM
The Raiders also took a Safety that wasn't even listed in Mel Kiper's book of the top 20 Safeties. :lol: I think Al Davis is beyond senile.

Or Dallas who has yet to use its pick :rolleyes2:

dlockz
04-25-2009, 09:17 PM
or it could be that the Wildcat is a college gimmick with a very short shelf life in the NFL.

Yea and there have been so many teams that won championships in college with it lol

ZachThomas76
04-25-2009, 09:18 PM
Conor Barwin is a fat turd! Go watch the video I posted you will see him flopping on the ground after White blows by him!!! Like we need another Matt Roth :lol::lol::lol::lol:

hmm. his 40 time would speak to the contrary. dont know too many DE's that are going to tackle Pat White 1 on 1.

FinaticalOne
04-25-2009, 09:18 PM
good choice because I am in hell right now. Horrible pick but oh well.

I know what u mean. I understand how you feel too...

This picked shocked the mess out of me too. I was expecting to hear Clint Sintim, Michael Johnson, or Connor Barwin with that that pick. I guess our FO has big plans for White. I have to admit the potential of White in the lineup opens this playbook wide open. The options are limitless now. I'm very interested to see what is in store, and like others have already said earlier, D-Coords. cannot gameplan this team because they have no idea how we are going to hit them.

dlockz
04-25-2009, 09:19 PM
Or Dallas who has yet to use its pick :rolleyes2:

They already have thier PAt White(isiah Stanback) doing nothing for them

Pitbull13
04-25-2009, 09:20 PM
Yea and there have been so many teams that won championships in college with it lol

I think the wildcat will evolve into a potent offensive weapon which defenses will need to spend a lot of time preparing for.

Xeticus
04-25-2009, 09:21 PM
Actually the texans got our players. They got Brian Cushing and Connor Barwin. Suckage.

JCane
04-25-2009, 09:24 PM

Definition of gimmick...

Gimmick: A device employed to cheat, deceive, or trick, especially a mechanism for the secret and dishonest control of gambling apparatus.

The Wildcat is not a gimmick. Teams knew we were running it. It's no secret when we're running it. Teams weren't surprised when we did run it. If you know that we're running it, then stop it. It's really no different than the basic I formation really.

But it's definitely not a gimmick.

ShaBam
04-25-2009, 09:25 PM
Actually the texans got our players. They got Brian Cushing and Connor Barwin. Suckage.

Good...don't want either of them.

dlockz
04-25-2009, 09:26 PM
I think the wildcat will evolve into a potent offensive weapon which defenses will need to spend a lot of time preparing for.

Im just waiting to start running the triple option from the wishbone.
Too bad we could not go back and get one of those Nebraska Quarterbacks. i guess we should just go wildcat fulltime, any takers for Chad Henne.

Brad528
04-25-2009, 09:27 PM
He wouldnt have lasted much later in the draft anyways you guys all act like we could have got him in the 4th or something. He wasnt going to make it past NE next pick. I have been reading for a couple of weeks that NE was interested in him which is why when NE was picking two picks in a row ESPN just happened to bring him up and put a poll up on the website because they expected them to take him at that point and wanted to look smart

bluehaze
Yea the wildcat really helped us versus Balt. Like I keep saying we might as well have signed Michael Vick if you want a qb that can run and give defenses headaches. Parcells and company have drafted many unproductive players Bobby Carpenter and Kevin Burnett come to mind quickly.

There's no doubt the wildcat got less effective as defensive coordinators got used to it, that's my point though now they have to start all over again. You can bet theres a hell of alot of pissed off defensive coordinators in the afc east after this pick :lol:

PALMA
Oh well, in other news Al Davis continues to impress!

dlockz
04-25-2009, 09:28 PM
Definition of gimmick...

Gimmick: A device employed to cheat, deceive, or trick, especially a mechanism for the secret and dishonest control of gambling apparatus.

The Wildcat is not a gimmick. Teams knew we were running it. It's no secret when we're running it. Teams weren't surprised when we did run it. If you know that we're running it, then stop it. It's really no different than the basic I formation really.

But it's definitely not a gimmick.

Gimmick, Gadget or whatever I hate the PAt White pick.

dlockz
04-25-2009, 09:30 PM
There's no doubt the wildcat got less effective as defensive coordinators got used to it, that's my point though now they have to start all over again. You can bet theres a hell of alot of pissed off defensive coordinators in the afc east after this pick :lol:

I dont see why this would change thier philopsphy. Still no need to double cover with Pat White playing qb. You would think Chad Henne would cause more fear but I guess not. I am assuming that people back in the day were big Michael Vick fans. I dont see the differance except Vick was a better prospect than White.

JCane
04-25-2009, 09:30 PM
Gimmick, Gadget or whatever I hate the PAt White pick.

I love the pick; just not where we had to take him.

I've learned not to question Bill Parcells.

dlockz
04-25-2009, 09:31 PM
He wouldnt have lasted much later in the draft anyways you guys all act like we could have got him in the 4th or something. He wasnt going to make it past NE next pick. I have been reading for a couple of weeks that NE was interested in him which is why when NE was picking two picks in a row ESPN just happened to bring him up and put a poll up on the website because they expected them to take him at that point and wanted to look smart

obviously NE was not that impressed by him since they passed on im in back to back picks with us coming up.

dlockz
04-25-2009, 09:32 PM
I love the pick; just not where we had to take him.

I've learned not to question Bill Parcells.

NO GM gets them all right. I just dont get why he is worth the 44th pick.

chillwill3000
04-25-2009, 09:34 PM
the more i think about it, the more i hate this pick. we need to stop thinking about that wildcat. that **** is just a fad. good defense and and a running game is what it takes to win. that will never change. damn that pick sucks.

Brad528
04-25-2009, 09:36 PM
obviously NE was not that impressed by him since they passed on im in back to back picks with us coming up.

Yeah they took two players that if they didnt we would have taken. But they did take them so we went to the next option just as they would have. They would have taken him with their next pick cause he was next on their board just like he was on ours

dlockz
04-25-2009, 09:39 PM
the more i think about it, the more i hate this pick. we need to stop thinking about that wildcat. that **** is just a fad. good defense and and a running game is what it takes to win. that will never change. damn that pick sucks.

Seriously I feel sick after this pick. We drafted a CFL starting qb.
The new Turner Gill

JCane
04-25-2009, 09:40 PM
NO GM gets them all right. I just dont get why he is worth the 44th pick.

Maybe not. But I like Bill's chances. Pat White brings a lot to the table.

dlockz
04-25-2009, 09:41 PM
Yeah they took two players that if they didnt we would have taken. But they did take them so we went to the next option just as they would have. They would have taken him with their next pick cause he was next on their board just like he was on ours

no proof they really wanted him. If they really wanted him they would have taken him with us coming up. I doubt they would have taken him before the 4th. Wish we had that same attitude.

dlockz
04-25-2009, 09:43 PM
Maybe not. But I like Bill's chances. Pat White brings a lot to the table.

If you say so. Just not fond of drafting part time players in the second.
If he works out, Im a fan and thats great but I see him as a huge mistake,

ShaBam
04-25-2009, 09:58 PM

So....what do you think of the Dolphins picking Pat White?

dlockz
04-25-2009, 10:08 PM
So....what do you think of the Dolphins picking Pat White?

the same way I felt when we drafted Eddie Moore and Jamar Fletcher.

uga3406
04-25-2009, 11:03 PM
This pick might go up their with the Ginn and Jason Allen pick as being the worse.

CitizenSnips
04-25-2009, 11:07 PM

*shrugs* My only real thoughts is that Pat White can do things no other play in this draft can do. If utilized right, hes going to make good plays here.

Hes a risk. Theres no doubt about it. but don't you think that's what got us to the playoffs last year? Risks?

signing a QB who only finished one full season once in his entire career, using a formation that has not worked in generations, keeping Ricky Williams on the team, Trading away Jason Taylor, etc etc.

We take risks now. Besides, look at it like this, we shouldn't have had the pick that we took White with anyway. so just grade our draft on Davis and Smith.

PeepinTom
04-25-2009, 11:10 PM
I hate the pick as well. Yes, he may help out in the wildcat, but how much could he really help the team? Not anywhere near as much as guys like Clint Sintim, Connor Barwin, Sean Smith, Michael Johnson, Max Unger, Jarron Gilbert and others who have the potential to become full time starters and help this team at positions of NEED! QB is not a position of need. You also don't pay a 3rd string QB and gimmick guy the money they will have to as a 2nd round pick.

These guys cant help you if they don't see the field. Most of the guys you mentioned would be backups unless they can push a starter for pt. We needed a WR to start and this fills multiple needs as well.

finfan54
04-25-2009, 11:15 PM

Ron Brace just got lost watching White flashes.

MadDog 88
Initially I was surprised but the more I think about it the better I feel. This kid is versatile. He is like drafting 3 players in 1. He would not have made it to us in the 3rd round. And to follow it up with Sean Smith?? Great draft so far.

JRYCRL

Whether it's the Wildcat or the regular offense. When Pat White plays, teams are going to have to be on their toes because if they're on their heels, he'll smoke you.

There were NO defensive players still on the board that were good enough to start on defense this year so Pat While playing at all will be better than whoever we would have picked.

I LOVE PAT WHITE and THIS PICK!

finfan54
04-25-2009, 11:20 PM
I love Pat White. Dude rules the football world!

Phinatic8u
04-25-2009, 11:22 PM
Good! We scored 8 of our 38 offensive TD's from the Wildcat and it just got more deadly! Think of it this way every time Ronnie pulled the ball out of Ricky's belly we knew Ronnie was running. Now you don't know what is going to happen. A pass or a run not to mention he can hit Ginn down the field!

Exctally,, he can run pass or hand it to Ronnie...:woot:

finfan54
04-25-2009, 11:24 PM
This pick might go up their with the Ginn and Jason Allen pick as being the worse.

The word is worst. The worst pick was Eddie Moore, hands down when Anquan Boldin was on the horn.

Ginn and Allen still play for this team so Parcells and co. obviously may disagree.

Pat White will soon be the most sought after guy after every friggin practice. What does that tell you? That everyone is actually scared what we are up to.

Rhody Phins Fan
04-25-2009, 11:30 PM
Hes a risk. Theres no doubt about it. but don't you think that's what got us to the playoffs last year? Risks?

signing a QB who only finished one full season once in his entire career, using a formation that has not worked in generations, keeping Ricky Williams on the team, Trading away Jason Taylor, etc etc.

We were kind of an anti risk team last year. That's why we set the record for least amount of turnovers. Yes we did go to the wildcat but what did we have to lose? We were 0-2 and had just been embarrassed by the Cardinals. We only ran it like 6 times against the Pats. Not much risk there.

CitizenSnips
04-25-2009, 11:31 PM
We were kind of an anti risk team last year. That's why we set the record for least amount of turnovers. Yes we did go to the wildcat but what did we have to lose? We were 0-2 and had just been embarrassed by the Cardinals. We only ran it like 6 times against the Pats. Not much risk there.

the personnel decisions we made were risks. not our actual play.

Soxpranos
04-26-2009, 12:05 AM
Reading most of these posts, it seems guys are just blurting opinions rather than facts. Facts are this kid has won 4 bowl games and big ones at that. Facts are he had better performance at the scouting combine that any other qb. Kid is a tremendous athlete and you should not count him out as a QB. Beck is garbage and glad he will be history. Good pick, he would of been gone in the next 5 picks if we didn't take him. The sad thing about it, is that he has a higher upside than Ginn at WR.

eric1317
04-26-2009, 12:11 AM
Reading most of these posts, it seems guys are just blurting opinions rather than facts. Facts are this kid has won 4 bowl games and big ones at that. Facts are he had better performance at the scouting combine that any other qb. Kid is a tremendous athlete and you should not count him out as a QB. Beck is garbage and glad he will be history. Good pick, he would of been gone in the next 5 picks if we didn't take him. The sad thing about it, is that he has a higher upside than Ginn at WR.
Is that a fact?

fishypete
04-26-2009, 12:26 AM
Dolphins | White to play receiver
Sat, 25 Apr 2009 21:12:23 -0700
ESPNews reports Miami Dolphins (http://www.kffl.com/team/22/nfl) rookie QB Pat White (http://www.kffl.com/player/19985/nfl) will play wide receiver and possibly see some time at quarterback in the Wildcat formation.

Mr772
04-26-2009, 12:26 AM

I think NE knew we would have taken Brace or Butler so they make the trade to get them before we could.

White must have been the BPA on our Board at that point. White is a winner and IMO I think he is our starting QB in a year or two.

#1dolphinsfan
04-26-2009, 12:27 AM
i love the pick i think it is going to be really good he is a very good QB and can also play WR he would be our backup QB to Henne when pennington and beck are gone i think it is a very good pick

uga3406
04-26-2009, 12:29 AM
The word is worst. The worst pick was Eddie Moore, hands down when Anquan Boldin was on the horn.

Ginn and Allen still play for this team so Parcells and co. obviously may disagree.

Pat White will soon be the most sought after guy after every friggin practice. What does that tell you? That everyone is actually scared what we are up to.

I find it hard to beleive when this team needed an OLB then choose to take a position that is not needed. I mean if u wanted a wr so bad then draft one. This to me was a bad pick and if you read the entire thread their are plenty supporters on here that agree. This guy will make no impact what so ever on this team. Just like Ginn and Allen he is dud.

FinAtic8480
04-26-2009, 12:34 AM
Guys Miami did not pay any atention to Brace you guys need to get over it. Salguero report Miami did not talk, interview, visit or met with Brace. Dolphins had there chance at Butler in the 1st and took Davis instead. Butler while good left a lot of plays last year on the field. I think the Dolphins got exactly what they wanted and I loved this draft.

fishypete
04-26-2009, 12:41 AM
I find it hard to beleive when this team needed an OLB then choose to take a position that is not needed. I mean if u wanted a wr so bad then draft one. This to me was a bad pick and if you read the entire thread their are plenty supporters on here that agree. This guy will make no impact what so ever on this team. Just like Ginn and Allen he is dud.

Well...perhaps it just means that the Dolphins are happy with Wake...or it could mean that J. Taylor could be signed for one year...or the draft isn't done yet...so be patient.

uga3406
04-26-2009, 12:52 AM
Well...perhaps it just means that the Dolphins are happy with Wake...or it could mean that J. Taylor could be signed for one year...or the draft isn't done yet...so be patient.

I am being patient I just dont need to see JT here again..no thanks

fishypete
04-26-2009, 12:56 AM
I am being patient I just dont need to see JT here again..no thanks

While I agree with you...it isn't up to us. Like I wrote...the draft isn't done yet...and we do have Wake.

Alphamale
04-26-2009, 12:57 AM
Anyone that disagrees with this pick has not watched a WVU game!

I watched about every game that White played and this guy is AMAZING. Basically he was WVU. When he was hurt, the Mountaineers lost, simple as that. He has great athleticism and has unbelieveably fast game speed. Also, with our team being the leader of the Wildcat Offense in the NFL we picked the perfect player. Mark my words, he will also be great as a receiver also. He does need to put on a few pounds, but will make the transition to receiver as simply as Steve Smith did.

fishypete
04-26-2009, 01:03 AM
This is the list from Boomer on what OLB's the Dolphins have had contact with;

OLB: Cincinnati’s Connor Barwin; Clay Matthews of USC; California’s Zach Follett; UCONN’s Cody Brown; Eastern Illinois DE/OLB Pierre Walters; Larry English of Northern Illinois; Utah’s Paul Kruger; Union College’s Willie Williams; DE/OLB Michael Johnson of Georgia Tech and Western Illinois’s Jason Williams; Everette Brown of FSU; Clint Sintim of Virginia; Penn State’s Aaron Maybin; David Veikune of Hawaii; San Diego State’s Russell Allen; Albany’s Trevor Dupont; Lawrence Sidbury of Richmond; Diyral Biggs of Bowling Green; Wisconsin’s DeAndre Levy.

I believe Sidbury is still available...so is Jason Williams, Michael Johnson, Willie Willaims, Russell Allen, Trevor Dupont, Diyral Biggs and DeAndre Levy.

Bumpus
04-26-2009, 01:27 AM
From a life-long WVU fan:

Yes, we reached for Pat White. But ... I'm glad he'll be playing for us.

Boys, you're gonna love this kid!

fishypete
04-26-2009, 01:30 AM

Perhaps it looks like a reach...but we don't who may have been after him...and if he turns out to be another player like Randel El...will every one still think he was a a reach then?

tylerdolphin
04-26-2009, 01:35 AM
Because Parcells/Ireland have never been wrong in the history of ever.

Look, we arent wishing ill will on White. Matter of fact I really hope he lights the league up. Just because someone does not like a pick their team makes does not make them wrong, or fans of the Patriots as you suggest. People always do this crap every year here...getting on people and taking it personal if someone doesnt like a pick. Sometimes they are wrong, sometimes they are right!

The draft is about opinions. People should feel like they can express them without being bashed. We are not here to worship at the Trifecta altar. As good as they have been, they are not infallible every pick. One can love Parcells and still dislike a pick.

tylerdolphin
04-26-2009, 01:37 AM

I hope so. All the endorsements from WVU fans gives makes me feel a little better about the pick. If he comes out and plays well, Ill be the first to eat crow and be glad to do so.

PALMA
04-26-2009, 01:37 AM
In recent college memory there are have only been a handful of guys that you could give the ball to and say, "go score me a touchdown from anywhere on the field."

Reggie Bush, Devin Hester, Ted Ginn, Desean Jackson, and Pat White.

Well, now we have two of them on the same team. I hope the coaching staff is creative enough to put together something insanely unique. Looking at our upcoming schedule, maybe a gimmicky hybrid offense will be the best way to put points on the board.

PALMA
04-26-2009, 01:39 AM
I hope so. All the endorsements from WVU fans gives makes me feel a little better about the pick. If he comes out and plays well, Ill be the first to eat crow and be glad to do so.

Lol, but remember the ringing endorsements from BYU fans for Beck? :(

fishypete
04-26-2009, 01:41 AM
Lol, but remember the ringing endorsements from BYU fans for Beck? :(

Not much...but I do remember many here swearing he was the best thing since sliced bread....maybe that why I hate toast now.

CashInFist
04-26-2009, 06:12 AM
You people that are bashing the Pat White pick are the biggest bunch of morons I've ever seen!

Obviously, NONE OF YOU HAVE EVER SEEN HIM PLAY!

Seriously, if you have never seen Pat White play then KEEP YOUR ****ING MOUTHS SHUT UNTIL YOU SEE SOME REAL GAME FOOTAGE.

IDIOTS...GOD!

Lord Of Miami
04-26-2009, 07:16 AM

Miami has been trying to sign Matt Roth to a longer deal after seeing how well he played as a OLB last year,and Porter is going to be starting for the next few years as well.So the front office is happy with them as starters and they are only looking for a 3rd down passrusher as of right now.

They don't see Pat as a WR. They see him as someone they can have run the wildcat and come in on 3rd downs as a QB.This team was one of, if not the worst at picking up 1st downs last year.

If you want to pick up 3rd downs in the nfl on the cheap, get a QB that is a decent passer and is faster then the defensive front seven.Then if teams put a spy on Pat then 3 of the 4 WR will be one on one.Advantaged Miami.

Bill said we needed more firepower and we just got it!!!!The only player with more bang for the buck was Harvin.

dlockz
04-26-2009, 07:21 AM
You people that are bashing the Pat White pick are the biggest bunch of morons I've ever seen!

Seriously, if you have never seen Pat White play then KEEP YOUR ****ING MOUTHS SHUT UNTIL YOU SEE SOME REAL GAME FOOTAGE.

IDIOTS...GOD!

Stay classy San Diego
Okay I have seen him play various time and do not like the pick so can I speak on it lol.
So people that dont agree with you on this are idiots or morons. Just making sure I get your point. Being good in college is never a sure sign of NFL greatness. He reminds me of Major Harris who was also a very good college Qb at West Virginia. Major Harris went on to do zip in his NFL career. White will get a chance in the wildcat and who knows but I think we as fans of football have a right to say we dont like the pick. That doesn't make anyone an idiot or a moron.

Soxpranos
04-26-2009, 09:30 AM
Stay classy San Diego
Okay I have seen him play various time and do not like the pick so can I speak on it lol.
So people that dont agree with you on this are idiots or morons. Just making sure I get your point. Being good in college is never a sure sign of NFL greatness. He reminds me of Major Harris who was also a very good college Qb at West Virginia. Major Harris went on to do zip in his NFL career. White will get a chance in the wildcat and who knows but I think we as fans of football have a right to say we dont like the pick. That doesn't make anyone an idiot or a moron.

LOL, if he reminds you Major Harris, I say you have a "Major" misjudgment on football talent. Not that I am a pro or any of us are, but Harris is no where near this kids arm, speed, accuracy and ability.

miamiron
04-26-2009, 09:38 AM
hmm. his 40 time would speak to the contrary. dont know too many DE's that are going to tackle Pat White 1 on 1.

To bad football wasn't one on one then it would have been a great pick but WHAT DOES THE SPEED OF A DEFENSIVE END HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH THIS PICK????

miamiron
04-26-2009, 09:45 AM

How was it being in New Englands draft room and seeing there draft board upclose...I ncredible that Bill B
would let just and Joe/Blow see who he was going to draft next...simply amazing:err:

dlockz
04-26-2009, 09:52 AM
LOL, if he reminds you Major Harris, I say you have a "Major" misjudgment on football talent. Not that I am a pro or any of us are, but Harris is no where near this kids arm, speed, accuracy and ability.

I think you seriously misjudge how good a player Major Harris was.
Pat White is not so much better than Major Harris. Most people on this board never saw him play.

The only reason Major Harris never got a chance in the NFL was all about timing. Now its trending more to qb that can run and pass. This is the same reason that many qb's never got a proper chance in the NFL.
There was also alot of bias against black qb's during that period.
1.http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gifMajor Harris, QB, Pittsburgh, Pa.
There was never any doubt about Major Harris’ athletic ability and star power, just doubts about whether or not he could play quarterback in college. That’s why hometown Pitt took a pass on the city’s player of the year and Sporting News Top 100 prospect. But Harris proved that he could not only quarterback a Division I program, he could do so at the highest level. Twice Harris was a Heisman Trophy finalist and was a two-time ECAC player of the year, leading the Mountaineers to the Fiesta Bowl to play Notre Dame for the 1989 national championship. Harris was one of a handful of college quarterbacks to both pass for more than 5,000 yards and run for more than 2,000 yards during an exciting career that gave him coast to coast fame. And while Harris could never quite duplicate that same magic on the professional level, he still remains one of Eastern college football’s most exciting players ever.

finfan187
04-26-2009, 10:02 AM
I love the pick of White. The way I see it, as much as I love Ronnie Brown, I don't think he is a feature, between the tackles running back. So I think the Wildcat is perfect for the personnel that the fins have. Now moreso because of Pat White. I think defenses started figuring the WC out because without Camarillo, there were only 2 WRs that were gonna catch balls and everyone knew Pennington was going to be a non-factor so it was basically 10 on 11.

GOFM
04-26-2009, 10:32 AM
Pat White is not so much better than Major Harris. Most people on this board never saw him play.

The only reason Major Harris never got a chance in the NFL was all about timing. Now its trending more to qb that can run and pass. This is the same reason that many qb's never got a proper chance in the NFL.
1.Major Harris, QB, Pittsburgh, Pa.
There was never any doubt about Major Harris’ athletic ability and star power, just doubts about whether or not he could play quarterback in college. That’s why hometown Pitt took a pass on the city’s player of the year and Sporting News Top 100 prospect. But Harris proved that he could not only quarterback a Division I program, he could do so at the highest level. Twice Harris was a Heisman Trophy finalist and was a two-time ECAC player of the year, leading the Mountaineers to the Fiesta Bowl to play Notre Dame for the 1989 national championship. Harris was one of a handful of college quarterbacks to both pass for more than 5,000 yards and run for more than 2,000 yards during an exciting career that gave him coast to coast fame. And while Harris could never quite duplicate that same magic on the professional level, he still remains one of Eastern college football’s most exciting players ever.

As a WVU fan I saw Major Harris play plenty of times. Pat was the better of the two, period. They aren’t even all that similar players really.

I loved the Major and I agree that he was probably ahead of time, but even today in the age of the Wildcat I don't think he would have been a successful pro. For one thing, he was too slow. I've never seen a 40 time listed for him, but if I had to guess I would say he was in the mid to high 4.7's... which is certainly fast enough to be an every down QB but not to run the Wildcat or return kicks.

Major was more elusive and probably had a stronger arm than Pat, but Pat has much better decision-making and accurary. Major turned the ball over way too much, especially at cruicial points in the game. He would make an amazing long run, and then at the end of the play he would fumble.

And Pat had more success on the field over a longer period of time. He had four great seasons and showed improvement year after year. Major had one great season but regressed a little bit his junior year before making a bonehead decision to declare for the draft early.

al711
04-26-2009, 10:40 AM
I love the pick...we will just have to see how it pans out...a very nervy pick to say the least and I'm glad the FO went for it!! We needed play makers and that's exactly what Pat White is!!

dlockz
04-26-2009, 10:49 AM
As a WVU fan I saw Major Harris play plenty of times. Pat was the better of the two, period. They aren’t even all that similar players really.

I loved the Major and I agree that he was probably ahead of time, but even today in the age of the Wildcat I don't think he would have been a successful pro. For one thing, he was too slow. I've never seen a 40 time listed for him, but if I had to guess I would say he was in the mid to high 4.7's... which is certainly fast enough to be an every down QB but not to run the Wildcat or return kicks.

Major was more elusive and probably had a stronger arm than Pat, but Pat has much better decision-making and accurary. Major turned the ball over way too much, especially at cruicial points in the game. He would make an amazing long run, and then at the end of the play he would fumble.

And Pat had more success on the field over a longer period of time. He had four great seasons and showed improvement year after year. Major had one great season but regressed a little bit his junior year before making a bonehead decision to declare for the draft early.

He was twice in the top five for the hesiman trophy so I think they thought he had more than one good season. He had the highest passer effeicency rating as a sophmore and as a junior was a first team all american. i could notsay on his speed because that is hard to research but I would guess that thier speed is much closer than you think. I see them s similar players in differant eras.

GOFM
04-26-2009, 11:07 AM
I didn't say he only had one good season. I said he had one great season -- 1988, his sophomore year when he led us to the NC game vs. Notre Dame. His junior year he was very good but made too many bad decisions to consider it a great year. His stats might have been a little better as a jr. but that's only because he was carrying more of the offensive load.

I feel bad slamming on Major like this because he is a WVU legend... but trust me, I've seen both of them play in person many times and Pat is a completely different player, and his game translates much better to the pros.

CashInFist
04-26-2009, 01:25 PM
Stay classy San Diego

Why don't you lie a little more...:rolleyes2:

You have never seen Pat White play.

tylerdolphin
04-26-2009, 04:28 PM
Why don't you lie a little more...:rolleyes2:

You have never seen Pat White play.
Chill dude. Its just a differing opinion. Its what message boards are for. Hell, half the fun of the draft is thinking what you would have liked to see done differently by your team.

I hope you notice that the people who disagree with this pick are not running around calling people "IDIOTS". Why are you taking disagreement so damn personal?

finfan54
04-26-2009, 05:13 PM

How do you know we need an OLB? I havent seen us draft one yet?!! JT Hello!! Whatever! Pat White will be running the Wildcat! If you dont like it! BECOME A PATS FAN!!!

Charlie Brown
04-26-2009, 06:57 PM

IDIOTS...GOD!

Pat White will not be a QB in the NFL.......its not an opinon.....its a fact......its science.....its history

Eric Crouch
Troy Smith
Chris Leak
Dennis Dixon
Senecal Wallace
Mike Vick
Marcus Vick
Matt Jones

And he sure as hell wont be a WR because....

1. He keeps crying about not wanting to be a WR in the NFL
2. Can he even catch a flippin ball? can he run routes? cane he get out of jams? How does one know this? is there game film of him some where playing WR?

A wasted pick b/c he wont have a true position in the NFL.....we drafted a player who we MAY use 3 or 4 times a game with the wildcat.....we could have drafted someone who could have been a full time starter and actually fill a need of ours!

Pat white would have been a better pick in the later rounds

fishypete
04-26-2009, 07:10 PM
Pat White will not be a QB in the NFL.......its not an opinon.....its a fact......its science.....its history

Eric Crouch
Troy Smith
Chris Leak
Dennis Dixon
Senecal Wallace
Mike Vick
Marcus Vick
Matt Jones

2. Can he even catch a flippin ball? can he run routes? cane he get out of jams? How does one know this? is there game film of him some where playing WR?

A wasted pick b/c he wont have a true position in the NFL.....we drafted a player who we MAY use 3 or 4 times a game with the wildcat.....we could have drafted someone who could have been a full time starter and actually fill a need of ours!

O thank you football God...for that info....please tell the Dolphins...O it's too late...what kind of God are you?

Charlie Brown
04-26-2009, 07:14 PM
O thank you football God...for that info....please tell the Dolphins...O it's too late...what kind of God are you?

Sorry....I forgot I didnt have the right to speak out :crazy:

NoblePhin
04-26-2009, 07:19 PM
the shotgun formation with two backs on his sides, fake handoff to one and gets a lead to the other side is the new style of play i think we are going to use with him along with the wildcat. that formation is going to give people fits. he can step back and throw like normal, hand off to either ronnie or ricky, fake and run, fake run then pass, fake run reverse handoff to ginn, etc. SO MANY OPTIONS to go along with a normal power running game and wildcat mixes that we had before.

GOFM
04-26-2009, 07:22 PM
When did this happen? He has always said that he will do whatever teams ask of him.

I get sick of hearing that Pat "refused" to work out anywhere other than QB. At his pro day he said he would work out at WR if he was asked. No team asked.

I don't know if he can play WR, but I wouldn't put anything past him. He is a special player. I would strongly encourage you to give this kid a chance before writing him off.

fishypete
04-26-2009, 07:22 PM
Sorry....I forgot I didnt have the right to speak out :crazy:

Every one has the right to place their foot in their mouths....feel free. :lol:

Charlie Brown
04-26-2009, 07:52 PM
Every one has the right to place their foot in their mouths....feel free. :lol:

You as well

X-Pacolypse
04-27-2009, 12:29 PM

You hate the pick because it spells the demise of John Beck's Dolphins career! Beck sucks! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!

X-Pacolypse
04-27-2009, 12:31 PM
I must admit, this doesn't look good for Beck either

Finally, reality sets in. Truth hurts, doesn't it? BECK IS A LOSER!!!

X-Pacolypse
04-27-2009, 12:33 PM
John Beck, welcome to unemployment. oh wait, hes "terrific".

NOT ANYMORE!!!! John Beck is a sissy loser! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

X-Pacolypse
04-27-2009, 12:35 PM
he allows Bill Parcells to kick John Beck in the nuts, and tell him to leave the facility and never come back.

YES!!! I hope that happens. JOHN BECK IS A WORTHLESS PIECE OF TRASH!!! Go back to Utah, you loser!

X-Pacolypse
04-27-2009, 12:36 PM

WRONG!!! John Beck sucks. Pat White is so much better than him!

fishypete
04-27-2009, 12:41 PM

Eric Crouch
Troy Smith
Chris Leak
Dennis Dixon
Senecal Wallace
Mike Vick
Marcus Vick
Matt Jones

Drew Brees is 6' 209....so there goes a freak of nature.

rainmaker1313
04-27-2009, 04:10 PM

1.http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gifMajor Harris, QB, Pittsburgh, Pa.

Major ?? is that you????

BARF
04-27-2009, 05:01 PM
at least we got a football player who is athletic, as oppose to an athlete who plays football for example michael vick an athlete who plays football

Dr. Phin
04-28-2009, 12:11 AM
The evaluation of White will come down to how improved we are in the red zone. If we become a team that you just can't keep out of the endzone when we get down there...he will be worth it.

GOD IN AQUA
04-28-2009, 12:26 AM
I love this pick thought the timing may be questioned but miami was said to be

interested in him and they got him and upgrade three positions with one guy,,

wr,qb and the ability to use him as a rb,,

Pinkboy
04-28-2009, 02:17 AM
In recent college memory there are have only been a handful of guys that you could give the ball to and say, "go score me a touchdown from anywhere on the field."

Reggie Bush, Devin Hester, Ted Ginn, Desean Jackson, and Pat White.

Well, now we have two of them on the same team. I hope the coaching staff is creative enough to put together something insanely unique. Looking at our upcoming schedule, maybe a gimmicky hybrid offense will be the best way to put points on the board.

agreed.

Squirrel89
04-28-2009, 02:50 AM
White wouldnt have lasted longer in the second round. Dallas,Patriots and Panthers where all looking at grabbing him. I think Carolina spooked Miami into taking him when they jumped up and grabbed Brown.

I followed White at WVU he improved greatly this year as a true qb. He is still a work in progress (reading defenses and quicker delivery) But give him a few years and he will be a starter.

JRYCRL
05-02-2009, 09:48 AM
67Stang – Waste of a pick
Dolphin 39 – I HATE THE PAT WHITE PICK
Dtjp17 – What the hell? Ruined my draft
NIXFINS – Could have got him later
Eric1317 – The disappointment continues
Finfanfromcsu – Why the first day?
4THand10 – Too many needs ahead of him
Iamjafa – Like Saban taking Marcus Vick L
PSU Cane – I really hate the pick as well
Dlockz – I feel sick. Beck pick looks good now
Finman38 – Blew it, need a LB more
PogiRo – 2nd rounder ugh! Hoping Wildcat would go away
PhinSoldia – BAD PICK BAD PICK BAD PICK
ZachThomas76 – I don’t get it, 4th rd OK but…
Clbrazee – Taylor trade WASTED on PW
Rickd13 – Take someone else, especially on D
Chillwill3000 – Way too much of a reach
Uga3406 – Hate the pick as much as Ginn pick
Xeticus – really bad pick
Tylerdolphin – Because Parcells/Ireland have never been wrong…

4THand10
05-02-2009, 11:56 AM
67Stang – Waste of a pick
Dolphin 39 – I HATE THE PAT WHITE PICK
Dtjp17 – What the hell? Ruined my draft
NIXFINS – Could have got him later
Eric1317 – The disappointment continues
Finfanfromcsu – Why the first day?
4THand10 – Too many needs ahead of him
Iamjafa – Like Saban taking Marcus Vick L
PSU Cane – I really hate the pick as well
Dlockz – I feel sick. Beck pick looks good now
Finman38 – Blew it, need a LB more
PogiRo – 2nd rounder ugh! Hoping Wildcat would go away
PhinSoldia – BAD PICK BAD PICK BAD PICK
ZachThomas76 – I don’t get it, 4th rd OK but…
Clbrazee – Taylor trade WASTED on PW
Rickd13 – Take someone else, especially on D
Chillwill3000 – Way too much of a reach
Uga3406 – Hate the pick as much as Ginn pick
Xeticus – really bad pick
Tylerdolphin – Because Parcells/Ireland have never been wrong…

I never said I hated the pick.I said too many needs ahead of him.I felt the Dolphins could have got White in the 3rd round but thats another debate.

MrClean
05-02-2009, 07:17 PM

While I totally agree with you in the comparison of White and Harris, actually their career passer ratings were not far apart. Harris had a 143 career rating and White had a 147 rating.

MrClean
05-02-2009, 07:30 PM
Guys Miami did not pay any atention to Brace you guys need to get over it. Salguero report Miami did not talk, interview, visit or met with Brace. Dolphins had there chance at Butler in the 1st and took Davis instead. Butler while good left a lot of plays last year on the field. I think the Dolphins got exactly what they wanted and I loved this draft.

IMO, we liked Darius too, just not as much as Vontae. Vontae fits to a T the physical blueprint of what Parcells has consistently drafted as a corners. Butler is probably more athletic and a better pure cover corner. But Bill wants corners who come up and hit people. Until now, I'd say Ty Law was the quintessential Parcells corner. Vontae has the capability of being every bit as good. We showed a lot of interest in Butler too and IMO he was under consideration, just a notch or two below Vontae. No way to prove it, but if Vontae would have been gone, we'd have probably picked Darius at 25 overall.

finfan54
05-02-2009, 07:32 PM

Marked it down...

Penciled in Pat White.

Released John Beck.

MrClean
05-02-2009, 07:37 PM
Dolphins | White to play receiver
Sat, 25 Apr 2009 21:12:23 -0700
ESPNews reports Miami Dolphins (http://www.kffl.com/team/22/nfl) rookie QB Pat White (http://www.kffl.com/player/19985/nfl) will play wide receiver and possibly see some time at quarterback in the Wildcat formation.

I know you are just reporting what ESPN said, but they should have checked with Tony first. That doesn't sound like what he has been saying.

finfan54
05-02-2009, 07:42 PM
I know you are just reporting what ESPN said, but they should have checked with Tony first. That doesn't sound like what he has been saying.

ESPN only plays into our hands. They cannot bear the thought of this kid actually doing something at Qb so they can protect their little Mel Kiper's arguments.

I mean..."possibly"

how lame.

MrClean
05-02-2009, 07:55 PM

I actually felt much worse at the time, when we picked Billy Milner and Jason Allen. I think the Milner pick upset me more the moment it happened than any pick in team history. The Allen pick was upsetting because of the talent still on the board that went right after our pick.

MrClean
05-02-2009, 08:01 PM
ESPN only plays into our hands. They cannot bear the thought of this kid actually doing something at Qb so they can protect their little Mel Kiper's arguments.

I mean..."possibly"

how lame.

If one wants to pay heed to any of the media types, Jaworski's background and positive comments on White as a passing QB carry more weight with me than anything the rest of the ESPN crowd can say. After we picked him, I thought Gruden and Mayock were gonna cream their jeans. :lol: They were positively feeling the love. :up:

BillParFan
05-03-2009, 11:52 AM
They already have thier PAt White(isiah Stanback) doing nothing for them

As Squirrel89 (http://www.finheaven.com/forums/f75/pat-white-248132-13.html) posted....

Wednesday, March 25, 2009 By TODD ARCHER / The Dallas Morning News The Cowboys have drafted only one quarterback since 1991 (Quincy Carter, 2001), but owner and general manager Jerry Jones said that could change this year.
It might not be a traditional quarterback, though. With the Wildcat offense becoming more popular in the NFL, the Cowboys could dip their toe into that pool in 2009.

But White has also impressed with his quarterback skills and could be long gone before the Cowboys want to take a chance on a Wildcat quarterback. Other options include Rice tight end James Casey of Azle and Texas A&M quarterback Stephen McGee, who ran an option offense in college. Both players visited the Cowboys last week.Star Telegram, 4-21-09

fishypete
05-03-2009, 02:09 PM

First...if the recent past hasn't taught you that anything that the Dolphins say should be taken with a grain of salt...where have you been? The Dolphins would be stupid to admit the truth...one way or the other, but it's very obvious that for White to play...he has to be on the field...and that can't be just as a QB. I can assure any fan that he will also line up as a receiver and running back at times during this up coming season.