PDA

View Full Version : "the new england patriots, jets and buffalo bills just....

aj13
04-25-2009, 08:44 PM
dropped their heads....the miami dolphins have just struck fear into the hearts of the afc east..."

adam shine and the sirius radio panel's reaction to the pat white selection...

67Stang
04-25-2009, 08:51 PM
New England probably got 2 players back to back we were going to select

dlockz
04-25-2009, 08:53 PM
Yea every team is dreading we just a third string qb/4th string receiver/ first time punt returner.

Cutie
04-25-2009, 08:54 PM
Do We Get The White Family, Too?

fiftyofhaze
04-25-2009, 08:55 PM
kid is an amazing athlete

dlockz
04-25-2009, 08:57 PM
kid is an amazing athlete

would rather have got Vick and I dont want him either.

aj13
04-25-2009, 09:00 PM
the guy has a potential to be a solid wide receiver...the guy completely gives our offense a weapon that cant be defended...i love it...

PJack
04-25-2009, 09:02 PM
good athlete but not NFL fast at 4.55 in the 40. This aint the Big East.

dlockz
04-25-2009, 09:03 PM
the guy has a potential to be a solid wide receiver...the guy completely gives our offense a weapon that cant be defended...i love it...

If that was a weapon that could not be defended , how come Vick never won a superbowl.

PALMA
04-25-2009, 09:05 PM
so strange....so strange

aj13
04-25-2009, 09:08 PM
tim ryan
"i love the pick down in miami"

pat kirwan
"i love the way you played in the senior bowl"

gil brandt
"i think pat white is a true weapon..."

67Stang
04-25-2009, 09:10 PM
tim ryan
"i love the pick down in miami"

pat kirwan
"i love the way you played in the senior bowl"

gil brandt
"i think pat white is a true weapon..."

Everyone else "Could have selected later, waiste of a pic so early with bigger needs in other positions"

CitizenSnips
04-25-2009, 09:11 PM
If that was a weapon that could not be defended , how come Vick never won a superbowl.

Cause he cnouldn't drop straight back and play QB.

We wont be asking White to do that. Henne will.

flynryan15
04-25-2009, 09:12 PM
good athlete but not NFL fast at 4.55 in the 40. This aint the Big East.

Really cause he embarrassed Oklahoma in the Fiesta Bowl and Georgia in the Sugar Bowl!!!!!

ShaBam
04-25-2009, 09:16 PM
Everyone else "Could have selected later, waiste of a pic so early with bigger needs in other positions"

Who said this?

Name one credible expert/analyst.

67Stang
04-25-2009, 09:20 PM
Who said this?

Name one credible expert/analyst.

Relax man....sarcasm. Although, that is what they were saying on ESPN, and asking what he would do. Never returned kicks. Keshawn was saying BP won't make him a QB, and he has little experience at receiver.

PeepinTom
04-25-2009, 09:26 PM
I guess people that have had years evaluating talent and "positional needs" have no idea what they are doing. Sometimes I hate calling myself a dolphin fan because of the bandwagon fans out there. When things work out the way they are supposed to, everyone is on board. When they don't agree with a front office decision before it even had a chance to pan out, all hell has broken loose.

ShaBam
04-25-2009, 09:29 PM
I guess people that have had years evaluating talent and "positional needs" have no idea what they are doing. Sometimes I hate calling myself a dolphin fan because of the bandwagon fans out there. When things work out the way they are supposed to, everyone is on board. When they don't agree with a front office decision before it even had a chance to pan out, all hell has broken loose.

Exactly...well said.

The regime that is running this draft took our 1-15 to the playoffs. I think we can give them a chance here.

Brad528
04-25-2009, 09:31 PM
You can say all you want about him not being able to play QB but the funny thing to me is that he has a better arm then Pennington.

67Stang
04-25-2009, 09:31 PM
IMO you guys are blowing things waaaaaaaaaaay out of proportion. We don't like the pic, we don't think BP and company are stupid, or hate the Dolphins now. We as fans just don't like the pic. Seriously, is that all hell breaking loose? seriously?

67Stang
04-25-2009, 09:33 PM
You can say all you want about him not being able to play QB but the funny thing to me is that he has a better arm then Pennington.

Who doesn't? This means what?

dlockz
04-25-2009, 09:36 PM
IMO you guys are blowing things waaaaaaaaaaay out of proportion. We don't like the pic, we don't think BP and company are stupid, or hate the Dolphins now. We as fans just don't like the pic. Seriously, is that all hell breaking loose? seriously?

Well put. People act like PArcells has never made a mistake. It has been 2 decades since he won a superbowl so I guess he is not God. He is the same coach that drafted Carpenter, Burnett and Isiah Stanback.

67Stang
04-25-2009, 09:38 PM
Exactly, I like BP...I just don't like the White pic.

PeepinTom
04-25-2009, 09:40 PM
It is not just you stang, but with all of the talent out there no one has to worry about a decision in the second round. You have a right to an opinion. It always seems that when someone on here doesn't agree with a fo decision, there are 200 posts about it. When the decision works out and we go 11-5, everyone is on board. I guess I am looking for more open-minded finfans since we did have a pretty solid draft last year. Name one draft in Bill's career that was a failure.

Rhody Phins Fan
04-25-2009, 09:47 PM
Cause he cnouldn't drop straight back and play QB.

We wont be asking White to do that. Henne will.

White better be an incredible slash player because we used a high 2nd rounder on him. At the moment he doesnt have a position.

Brad528
04-25-2009, 10:13 PM
Who doesn't? This means what?

It means that none of us know **** about what Pat White can do or what position he can or will play. It is all pure speculation. People just automaticly believe that because he ran a spread offense and has the ability to run that makes him a WR and a PR and not a QB. He may be able to play any of those positions better then any player on our team so people need to stop acting like experts on a situation they really know nothing about. Even the so called Draft experts dont know what the hell is what. If Mel Kiper was such a scouting guru as they make him out to be then wouldnt he be working for a NFL franchise rather then ESPN who I am sure doesnt pay him half of what a NFL team would

DcRy82
04-25-2009, 10:42 PM
Yea he does. he's our wildcat QB. We do know that much.

Jetsfan89
04-25-2009, 11:09 PM
Might be a nice player. Might not be.

ArmyFin7
04-25-2009, 11:26 PM
On the bright side, he will def. bring another dimension to the wildcat....on the down side he may only get 6 or 7 plays a game....but on the upside at least you know he will be good at that, anything else is just a bonus.

CitizenSnips
04-25-2009, 11:28 PM
White better be an incredible slash player because we used a high 2nd rounder on him. At the moment he doesnt have a position.

certainly can't deny that. We'll see. as a fan, im excited to follow the situation.

Dolfan1000
04-25-2009, 11:31 PM
All I know is that we won the division last year because of the wildcat. Anyone who says otherwise is lying or delusional. And today, we added a piece that will make the wildcat that much more dangerous, at least until he develops into an Antwaan Randle El-type receiver/return man.

Oh, and every single analyst (minus Kiper who is a notorious Dolphins hater... Can he go one segment without bringing up passing on Matt Ryan?) loves the pick. So chillax. We had an excellent first day.

eric1317
04-25-2009, 11:47 PM
The biggest problem I have with the white pick is he could have been had later. He was a reach at 44. Taking him that high means our staff must see him as a quality wr. It seems like a difficult projection considering he's never played there.

finfan54
04-25-2009, 11:54 PM
The biggest problem I have with the white pick is he could have been had later. He was a reach at 44. Taking him that high means our staff must see him as a quality wr. It seems like a difficult projection considering he's never played there.

Did anyone ever think that we picked him there because he is going to be expected to do so much more than carry a clipboard or say hi to Ginn's family?

They expect him to be a playmaker and picked him as such therefore, the guy has to prove himself with the obvious talent that he has. The wildcat just got wilder.

richied06
04-25-2009, 11:58 PM
On the bright side, he will def. bring another dimension to the wildcat....on the down side he may only get 6 or 7 plays a game....but on the upside at least you know he will be good at that, anything else is just a bonus.

To add this, 6 game changing plays was all we needed from the wildcat in our victory over NE. White might not have a lot of field time, but when he is on the field you know something is bound to happen. He's a game changer, an X factor. That intangible that defenses will have to practice that much harder to stop our offense. He doesn't need to put up gaudy stats. His presence alone will strike fear into defenses. We don't need a HOF career out of White. He's just a cog in the bigger scheme. Some of you need to be Dolphin fans and support our staff. Too many doubters.

richied06
04-26-2009, 12:00 AM

How can you make these assumptions?

fishypete
04-26-2009, 12:21 AM

Two reasons...Vick never ran the wildcat...and he had a Dog's day afternoon.

CrazyCarl
04-26-2009, 01:54 AM
Did anyone ever think that we picked him there because he is going to be expected to do so much more than carry a clipboard or say hi to Ginn's family?

They expect him to be a playmaker and picked him as such therefore, the guy has to prove himself with the obvious talent that he has. The wildcat just got wilder.

Jesus, thank you

And im tired of seeing everyone say "We could have got him later"

Obviously not, you didn't see this regime reach for Sean Smith and he was LOVED on this board. There were plenty of mocks that had him in the first or at our first 2nd round pick, don't you think they would have taken him at 25 or 2A if they really felt they needed to? We know they liked Sean Smith, but they knew his value and where they wanted to take him.

They needed to take White there. Why? For fear he may be taken before they got another shot at him. There is a reason Pat White was taken at 2A, they wanted him... a lot. And that's good enough for me.

You can hate taking him at 2A all you want, but they liked him and wanted him enough to use that pick on him. You have no idea what they intend for him on this team. You don't know how he is going to be used. You don't know how he is going to perform. So dislike the pick before you hate it, because you don't even know what this pick is going to bring to this team yet.

dlockz
04-26-2009, 03:53 AM
Its amazing that Pat white is so unique that he will excel in playing qb like right away, suprised he was not the top pick in the draft. A running qb that has never been used before, I think the other teams should just forfeit because there is no way they can stop the might PaT White

PALMA
04-26-2009, 04:16 AM
Well Pat White may bring a few wrinkles to our offense...but I know something else for sure, Pat White brings a whole ton of new wrinkles to finheaven :)

ShaBam
04-26-2009, 04:40 AM
Jesus, thank you

And im tired of seeing everyone say "We could have got him later"

Obviously not, you didn't see this regime reach for Sean Smith and he was LOVED on this board. There were plenty of mocks that had him in the first or at our first 2nd round pick, don't you think they would have taken him at 25 or 2A if they really felt they needed to? We know they liked Sean Smith, but they knew his value and where they wanted to take him.

They needed to take White there. Why? For fear he may be taken before they got another shot at him. There is a reason Pat White was taken at 2A, they wanted him... a lot. And that's good enough for me.

You can hate taking him at 2A all you want, but they liked him and wanted him enough to use that pick on him. You have no idea what they intend for him on this team. You don't know how he is going to be used. You don't know how he is going to perform. So dislike the pick before you hate it, because you don't even know what this pick is going to bring to this team yet.

Good post.

With regards to this, what I find funny that i was thinking about was if we had taken Sean Smith at 44, and White at 61...people here would love our draft A LOT more because the "reach" for Pat White wouldn't have been as bad...

We got 3 great players today. Very happy with this draft and I can't say the same for our draft in 06/07.