PDA

View Full Version : Other than Davis/Smith, our draft STINKS!

Dolphin39
04-26-2009, 01:11 PM
There, I said it.

I'm happy we drafted to fill our secondary needs, but I hate all of our other picks to this point, especially when other (better?) players were available.

White, Turner, and Hartline...please tell me this is just a bad dream!

I'm very dissapointed with Parcells and Ireland thus far!

MagicDolphin86
04-26-2009, 01:14 PM
Trust The Tuna Man

albyfinfan
04-26-2009, 01:15 PM
i hate to say it but i agree with u, i likr the Pat White pick but not at that spot and what happend to u needing a passrush, and a replacement of furg at NT, idk but i just hope BP has some late round magic up his sleave

Cutie
I could understand (to a point) of Turner's selection (big-bodied and red zone threat) but Hartline? How many of you agree with me (and it's only a gut feeling - nothing reported) that Camarillo will not be ready and his knee injury is more of a concern to the FO than anticipated?

canman1971
Man, why do people waste so much emotion on who a team drafts? Are you really making your opinions on evidence or do you really not know anything about these guys, so they must suck? Teams spend hundreds of hours evaluating these guys and while they don't get all of them right, I am guessing they know more than you. How about wait 3 years, because that is how long it really takes, and then grade the draft.

MarinePhinFan
How can you be dissapointed so early? All of these guys were good enough to be considered for the NFL draft. Now, if say, Parcells were to draft you or me I'd be dissapointed at that. How many "no names" have turned into big stars in the NFL?

Quite a few.

Fin_Frenzy_84
04-26-2009, 01:18 PM
Yall r crazy r teams fire power is great right now!!! The teams we r gonna play this year Defensive Coordinator gonna have there hands full...
I love the draft and reason no LB right now is because JT is commin back

fishypete
04-26-2009, 01:18 PM
Obviously the Dolphins are turning over the receivers. And I can't blame them. Hartline is a puzzle thou...but they must see something in him to pick him this early.

Cutie
04-26-2009, 01:23 PM
I'm not disappointed. The pick of Hartline just may be an indication of Camarillo's rehab is not on target. Hartline comes from a good school. Not a bad pick. But the pick itself is a REFLECTION of someone else not healing. So I ask again. Did anyone hear anything about Camarillo's injury?

I for one do not go crazy with mock drafts starting in December like the rest of you people. And most of you get such an attitude with the one who is just strictly making an opinion. You belittle the person, when his opinion is JUST AS GOOD AS YOURS! I'm sure the players will do fine with good coaching. I'm concerned about a good WR that had his career cut down.

Roman529
04-26-2009, 01:25 PM
I wouldn't say it stinks...I would say it is about a C+ so far.

RoninFin4
04-26-2009, 01:26 PM
I think they saw opportunities to upgrade Wilford (Turner) and Camarillo (Hartline) due to salary reasons and injury respectively.

#1dolphinsfan
04-26-2009, 01:28 PM
the front office know more then anyone in here about football so i trust them

ADavieDolphin
04-26-2009, 01:29 PM
i like it... i dont like the hartline pick too much..
Seriously, whatever Parcells/Ireland likes I'm down..
The vontae pick is solid, the white pick is shocking, but wait and see, he will bring us the coolest NFL offense. I love the Turner pick, 6'5 224lbs.. I'm excited i hope he plays well..
i LOVE the smith pick, i've been talking about him since the sugar bowl.. can't wait for later rounds, we still got 5 more picks

PALMA
04-26-2009, 01:32 PM
Let's be honest if we get 2 starters, or in the best case scenario 3, this is a wonderful draft.

fishypete
04-26-2009, 01:33 PM
Was there any doubt that the Dolphins were at best average last season. How fans didn't know that? When your best receiver bess was a free agent sign...you need talent.

mmitro55
04-26-2009, 01:35 PM
So far we are having a good draft, and Hartline is a steal.. Now all we need to do is draft Marcus Freeman and all will be good.

Dolphin39
04-26-2009, 01:39 PM
Was there any doubt that the Dolphins were at best average last season. How fans didn't know that? When your best receiver bess was a free agent sign...you need talent.

My point exactly, that's what happens when you don't draft well! :que::m359:

Elliott 1
04-26-2009, 01:39 PM
Dolphins have serious depth issues at extremely hard to find positions and they have officially missed the boat.

Dolphins have no viable solution in case of injury to Long or Carey.

Dolphins have no solution if injury prone Yeremiah(the key) Bell goes down.

Crowder has bad knees and if he goes down the Dolphins have noone to put the comm helmet on and call the def. plays and lead the team.
We all saw what happened at KC last year.

Berger is not a good enough answer at Center if injury prone Groves goes down.

Donald Thomas should have had legitimate competition for the starting job.

It appears the Trifecta are full of themselves. These guys are coming off as overconfident,making frivilous picks when bread and butter issues aren't being addressed.

Right now if Long and Crowder go down; the Dolphins can kiss it goodbye.

This draft is beyond bad. It is grossly irresponsible what is being done.

Outside of Davis, who fell into their lap, reminicent of Penny last year,
they have been reaching so bad they are going to need shoulder surgery.

DirkDiggler
04-26-2009, 01:42 PM
Tom Brady, 6th round? Nuff Said

ChambersWI
04-26-2009, 01:45 PM
We've added more talent to the team. That's all you can ask for.

Last year, everybody loved Jalen Parmale, and Shawn Murphy and hated Kendall Langford. We won't know how good some of these guys are until they suit up next season.

DKphin
04-26-2009, 01:45 PM
I'm not disappointed. The pick of Hartline just may be an indication of Camarillo's rehab is not on target. Hartline comes from a good school. Not a bad pick. But the pick itself is a REFLECTION of someone else not healing. So I ask again. Did anyone hear anything about Camarillo's injury?

I for one do not go crazy with mock drafts starting in December like the rest of you people. And most of you get such an attitude with the one who is just strictly making an opinion. You belittle the person, when his opinion is JUST AS GOOD AS YOURS! I'm sure the players will do fine with good coaching. I'm concerned about a good WR that had his career cut down.
Vernon Gholston came from the same good school. That means nothing.

Dtronic
04-26-2009, 01:47 PM
There, I said it.

I'm happy we drafted to fill our secondary needs, but I hate all of our other picks to this point, especially when other (better?) players were available.

That's your opinion. Mine's the opposite.

DKphin
04-26-2009, 01:47 PM
We've added more talent to the team. That's all you can ask for.

Last year, everybody loved Jalen Parmale, and Shawn Murphy and hated Kendall Langford. We won't know how good some of these guys are until they suit up next season.
Just the opposite, I loved Langford and hated Murphy.

MarinePhinFan
04-26-2009, 01:48 PM
http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/draft/position_rankings?position=QB

Lionz112
04-26-2009, 01:49 PM
I don't think the Hartline pick is an indication of Cam's rehab status. I think it's the front office's way of hedging their bets. You just never know how a player will return from this type of injury. Last year, Ronnie was coming off an ACL and they picked 2 2nd day RBs that had people scratching their heads. Ronnie returned healthy so the picks weren't needed. IMO, Hartline was an insurance policy on Cam's knee.

finfan54
04-26-2009, 01:59 PM
i hate to say it but i agree with u, i likr the Pat White pick but not at that spot and what happend to u needing a passrush, and a replacement of furg at NT, idk but i just hope BP has some late round magic up his sleave

I said this way before this whole draft thing got going in Feb.

Cam Wake and Matt Roth we are very happy with and we still have guys for depth who are vets.

The OLB thing was a rouse IMO.

uga3406
04-26-2009, 02:14 PM
There, I said it.

Bravo to you my fine sir. If you didn't say it I would have. With the exception of the Davis and Smith picks this draft have been a**. It has been brutual to watch. How many freakin Wr's do u need? WTF is going on over their. This sounds more or less like Ireland and Sparano are calling the shots here. Taylor from Michigan was still on the board in the 4th. I don't understand the thinking behind those last two picks. Those two are average players at best.

PALMA
04-26-2009, 02:19 PM
Dolphins have serious depth issues at extremely hard to find positions and they have officially missed the boat.

Crowder has bad knees and if he goes down the Dolphins have noone to put the comm helmet on and call the def. plays and lead the team.

It appears the Trifecta are full of themselves. These guys are coming off as overconfident,making frivilous picks when bread and butter issues aren't being addressed.

Lol, and they want to build this team through the draft! Well, what happens if you screw up the draft?

uga3406
04-26-2009, 02:20 PM
With the way this draft is going I wonder if the next pick might be a long snapper or perhaps maybe a Backup Punter, you know for the practice squad to go with our 2 new rookies who will be on the practice squad come sept.

uga3406
04-26-2009, 02:22 PM
I said this way before this whole draft thing got going in Feb.

Cam Wake and Matt Roth we are very happy with and we still have guys for depth who are vets.

The OLB thing was a rouse IMO.

I think your right. I was shocked to see them pass on Sintim for White :crazy:

burger13
04-26-2009, 02:33 PM

why...because you say so? or because the talking heads on TV say so?

they went on and on and on about the Raiders reaching on that safety from Ohio....only to be shut-up later when it was discovered that the Bears were going to take him 2 picks later.

can we at least wait until the pre-season before we trash the draft? :err:

Blitz
04-26-2009, 02:54 PM
what happend to u needing a passrush

Perhaps they have great faith in Cameron Wake and have made arrangements to bring back Jason Taylor?

Some of you are being overly pessimistic.

dr.jake
04-26-2009, 02:58 PM
not loving this draft so far.

Wildbill3
04-26-2009, 03:12 PM
Perhaps they have great faith in Cameron Wake and have made arrangements to bring back Jason Taylor?

Some of you are being overly pessimistic.At this point they'd have to get jason back to make up for passing over sintim. :up:

Wildbill3
04-26-2009, 03:26 PM
Wow. You gotta drink a lot of kool aide to justify the TE we just drafted.

fishypete
04-26-2009, 03:52 PM
At this point they'd have to get jason back to make up for passing over sintim. :up:

I wouldn't say that...obviously Wake has alot of talent...the Dolphins weren't the only team after him. And the draft isn't done yet.

CJGoCanes
04-26-2009, 03:59 PM
I have no idea how you pass on Jarrett Dillard in the 4th and grab Hartline? Dillard is going to be a STUD with the Jags

lbmclean_sj
04-26-2009, 04:02 PM
There, I said it.

go away and take the other babies with you

ZachThomas76
04-26-2009, 04:05 PM

Uh, all those needs you mentioned go hand in hand with a bad football team thats still rebuilding. The Phins would need about 15 draft picks to fill all those holes, and have them all in the top 2 rounds. Guys you take in the 4th and later you arent honestly expecting to start right away. The problem isnt with the FO, its with out of touch fans who somehow think this team is suddenly a contender. They are nowhere close.

General Tso
04-26-2009, 04:06 PM
why...because you say so? or because the talking heads on TV say so?

they went on and on and on about the Raiders reaching on that safety from Ohio....only to be shut-up later when it was discovered that the Bears were going to take him 2 picks later.

can we at least wait until the pre-season before we trash the draft? :err:

The Raiders did make a major reach in the 2nd (and the first). Lombardi on NFL Network debunked the Chicago 2nd round rumor... they weren't interested in the Raider's guy until the 4th round at the earliest.

ZachThomas76
04-26-2009, 04:07 PM
Wow. You gotta drink a lot of kool aide to justify the TE we just drafted.

you also have to drink alot of foolaid to think this team is a few moves from competing for a trophy, like i just saw some guy post i nanother thread. who would you have liked in the 5th round?

ZachThomas76
04-26-2009, 04:12 PM

ya, the people on here who say our wr core is fine just make me shake my head. Ginn, Bess and then a guy coming off major knee surgery and a guy with 3 career catches. then, we get 2 db's to pulg an obvious hole, and we get 2 wr's. the reality is, we still have needs at olb, nt, ol depth, ilb and on and on. i guess some thought 1-15 just happened by fluke. when you tear down a house, is it rebuilt by dinner time?

carjackistan
04-26-2009, 04:15 PM
Uh, all those needs you mentioned go hand in hand with a bad football team thats still rebuilding. The Phins would need about 15 draft picks to fill all those holes, and have them all in the top 2 rounds. Guys you take in the 4th and later you arent honestly expecting to start right away. The problem isnt with the FO, its with out of touch fans who somehow think this team is suddenly a contender. They are nowhere close.

Come on dude, everyone on this board can easily spot future NFL stars available in the 5th round. :up:

wildvillage519
04-26-2009, 04:47 PM
I give this draft class a D. At this point I am very disappointed. The only pick I really like is Patrick Turner.

FINMAN13
04-26-2009, 04:57 PM
I love the picks...

In time so will you...

GoonBoss
04-26-2009, 05:01 PM
you also have to drink alot of foolaid to think this team is a few moves from competing for a trophy, like i just saw some guy post i nanother thread. who would you have liked in the 5th round?

A pick that would help the team.

Orlando Fan
04-26-2009, 05:05 PM
I give this draft class a D. At this point I am very disappointed. The only pick I really like is Patrick Turner.
You will eat those words my friend........

What a lot of you are missing here is depth at the position and more important SPECIAL TEAMS, Think how many times last year that other teams took back punt returns for huge gains and sometimes Kick off returns as well, we STUNK UP the field on special teams. These picks starting in the 4th round are just for that.
Lets be honest here in 2009 who do you REALLY thing has a chance of starting or being a major player??? That's right Davis, White, (Mainly in Wildcat packages and as a returner) You'll see Sean Smith some in the Nickle or dime package and you could see one of the WR be a situational player at times, other than that SPECIAL TEAMS...... Plus you will see a huge improvement, Stuffing the runner will be the norm instead of the huge rubacks we saw last year......

phintim
04-26-2009, 05:19 PM
Hey we all knew we needed help at CB. Now many of us thought it would come in the later rounds but it didn't. We also knew from last year we draft in pairs which we did and that Parcell covets big players which we drafted. When you shop for only certain players really big like Parcells does it limits the shopping list. In reality the CB's were steals given Parcells shopping list not saying they were the best available but they were a position of huge need and they fit Parcells profile. Now the Pat White pick so early caught us all off guard but that tells us that Tuna and company really have a plan for this guy before the draft even started. Pat WHite was not just a pick out of the blue but a carefully chosen pick for reasons. Next year is Chad Penningtons last year most likely and Beck just does not cut mustard at this point as a backup. With Pat White in the fold we do not need to go shopping for veteran or another rookis next year. In fact a backup QB is kind of like being a wart on a football team you are part of the club but not really needed unless something drastic happens. Think about it White will most likely play in every game not to get just reps but because he can fill a real role and beleive me he will be much more ready when the time comes. In terms of the WR we all also knew that Bill P and Company wanted a tall red zone target and went after it with Wilford. That plan has not changed. I am not sure the second WR Martin pick fills that bill but it is insurance and we draft in pairs remember. The TE well you have to hope that they did their scouting here but come on Bill this was a trade down option here and looks like practice squad material. Still almost all mock draft had us taking a TE so here you go. The safty Clemons and Smith which are 2 picks I am not sure they targeted so much but have the most value play special teams and have a porductive track record. They just got a OT which is needed for backup. As far the NT we all figured we needed one but almost all draft nicks said that there were not many available and remember the Pats traded up in that 2nd round and got both Brace and Butler possibly targets of the phins perhaps making them take White a little earlier than they thought. Still any NT after that would be a project we already have 2 nose tackle projects on the teams how many of those can we really stash away. Hopefully perhaps one of those backups might be ready to play who knows we really do not but perhaps the coaching staff does. DO I personally beleive we could have traded down and still gotten many of these picks later yes but who really knows and all of these guys really fill a need on the team except for the TE perhaps.

Minibull
04-26-2009, 07:16 PM
I fully trust the Miami trifecta, but the comments from SportingNews about most of our picks worries me that we might have gotten a couple of Eddie Moore's....

1 - Vontae Davis

Davis lacks the intangibles of a first-round talent but is worth a second- or third-round pick and eventually should become an NFL starter. Some team, though, likely will gamble on him in the first round.

2 - Pat White

White has about the same level of receiving skills as Ted Ginn, they've already committed to Chad Henne as their quarterback of the future, and they already run the wildcat with Ronnie Brown, so we're not sure where he fits with the Dolphins.

4 -Brian Hartline

Hartline will likely be drafted late and has the potential to be a solid backup and special-teams contributor.

5 -John Nalbone

Nalbone is a small-school talent who must impress scouts in spring workouts to get invited to camp as a free agent.

5 - Chris Clemons

Clemons was not highly productive in college, making big plays but then disappearing for long stretches. However, an excellent Combine has many coaches and GMs saying he has the physical tools to develop, which likely will get him drafted in the middle rounds after playing like he'd be an undrafted free agent in '08.

6 - Andrew Gardner

Although Gardner did well as Georgia Tech's starting left tackle, he lacks the speed and quickness to play that position in the NFL. He gets by largely on his intelligence and must improve his technique to have a chance of making it as a backup guard/tackle.

7 - J.D. Folsom

Full evaluation coming soon. (He wasn't even evaluated by SN!)

dougfinsfan72
04-26-2009, 07:26 PM
I don't think the Hartline pick is an indication of Cam's rehab status. I think it's the front office's way of hedging their bets. You just never know how a player will return from this type of injury. Last year, Ronnie was coming off an ACL and they picked 2 2nd day RBs that had people scratching their heads. Ronnie returned healthy so the picks weren't needed. IMO, Hartline was an insurance policy on Cam's knee.
This is the best they could do as an insurance policy for one of their starting Wrs: A guy that might not even make the team if not for the embarrassment of having to cut a high draft pick in his first year!!!

Everybody, please keep a copy of the draft tracker for this 2009 draft and after the season is over go back and count the players selected after Miami's picks who turned out to be better players and contributors than the players we drafted!!!!

Minibull
04-26-2009, 09:11 PM
You will eat those words my friend........

Man, I really really hope so.

I know that our defensive backfield will be improved as will our receivers, but we have holes on the lines that didn't get a sniff. I was hoping for a wide-body DT in the 4th, like a Terrance Taylor or Sammie Lee Hill - either of those would have been much better than special teams depth via Hartline, IMHO.

miamiballer
04-26-2009, 09:46 PM
i think that we didnt pick the best players on the board asides from davis and sean smith but picked guys who specficially fit the system BP has in mind

davis-potential shut down corner
white-wild cat extraordinaire, backup qb, #4 reciever all in 1
turner-potential # 2 possession reciever and end zone target
hartline-nice player but i agree we had other needs here, i would have passed
nalbone-we could have used another te and ill trust BP's evaluation of him
clemons-solid depth
gardener-solid depth
last guy-who cares

miamiballer
04-26-2009, 09:49 PM
btw this is how i see our wr depth going next season:

ginn-#1 reciever
turner-# 2 posession reciever (our end zone target)
bess-# 3 slot reciever whenever we need a big catch
camarillo-# 4 reciever
pat white-comes in on 5 reciever sets and for wild cat only
hartline- # 6 reiever and ST ace

brandon london and wilford cut