PDA

View Full Version : I Called the TE pick.

SammySmif
04-26-2009, 03:23 PM
A lot of people argued that we would not get a TE, and you can easily search and see I adamantly called this one for a long time. Our offense is going to be freaking INSANE next year. Parcells gets great TEs, and now we can go into any formation possible. Nalbone is a LOT like Fasano, I bet you we will have another beast to play with Fasano and cause havoc with defenses.

I'm pumped. How do you match up against 2 Fasanos now? It's awesome!

ZachThomas76
04-26-2009, 03:28 PM
Somebody is pumped up over this 5th round TE. I love guys that create threads just to say " I told you so" as well.

Dolphins101
04-26-2009, 03:28 PM
I agree, hard to game play to stop our regular base offense, wild cat , hurry up and now we can run some double te formations.

SammySmif
04-26-2009, 03:31 PM
Pat yourself on the back, then look in the mirror and repeat " Im so awesome."

No. I just read so many "experts" on here who slammed that opinion, I wanted a quick moment. I don't make a blog or write 50 paragraph posts that never come true. But I know what the Fins are trying to do and I find it very exciting.

I m just saying I saw this coming, and I think it is a GOOD thing. We are going to be happy as hell this year to be Fins fans.

DKphin
04-26-2009, 03:33 PM
I bet you did not think it was going to be John Nalbone:D

COphinphan89
04-26-2009, 03:34 PM
Good for you. Maybe he'll even make the team. Coulda had Duke and then this guy if they really wanted him.

SammySmif
04-26-2009, 03:40 PM
I bet you did not think it was going to be John Nalbone:D

No I will not go that far, but I did think it would be a complete TE stud. And Nalbone is that guy. He is a total sleeper who can do it all. I think BP is maybe the best judge of TE talent in the NFL. Look at how amazing Fasano played for us last year. We now have 2 guys out there to drive D's mad..it's awesome!

ZachThomas76
04-26-2009, 03:40 PM
No. I just read so many "experts" on here who slammed that opinion, I wanted a quick moment. I don't make a blog or write 50 paragraph posts that never come true. But I know what the Fins are trying to do and I find it very exciting.

I m just saying I saw this coming, and I think it is a GOOD thing. We are going to be happy as hell this year to be Fins fans.

I hear you there, about the 50 paragraph posts. Then Michael Johnson goes 3rd round when some said they would select him at 25 for the Phins. I guess 32 NFL GM's are out to lunch. Duke Robinson is the one I find puzzling. Did he beat a woman or fail a drug test?

Eric-Gofins
04-26-2009, 03:41 PM
well martin and fasano are FA next year... not a surprise we took a TE.

Just cant believe we passed on the Duke...

utahphinsfan
04-26-2009, 03:45 PM
If Parcells knows 2 positions its TE & OLB.

JT-forpresident
04-26-2009, 03:51 PM
i'm kinda disapointed, because i know if james casey or ingram fell 10 spots later in the 5th round, either one would've been a dolphin instead of nalbone

SammySmif
04-26-2009, 03:54 PM
I think we would have grabbed Everette Brown and that is why CAR traded up to get him. So we got White instead. I am happy with White. This draft is exciting, IMO. its a lot less conservative then most people thought.

Ikema
04-26-2009, 04:25 PM
I not only remember you calling the Mammouth TE, I thought of it instantly. Kudos to you.

How bout the guy who called White in 2nd round like 4 weeks ago! All the abuse he took.

SammySmif
04-26-2009, 07:20 PM
I not only remember you calling the Mammouth TE, I thought of it instantly. Kudos to you.

How bout the guy who called White in 2nd round like 4 weeks ago! All the abuse he took.

LOL..Thanks man. And yes, HUGE props to the guys who called Pat White. I know The Phinsider did, and that was a great call also.

You are probably being sarcastic because NOBODY thought we would get this specific TE, but I bet he will be a serious STUD Te, and that is what I knew BP would get.

General Tso
04-27-2009, 12:59 AM
You are probably being sarcastic because NOBODY thought we would get this specific TE, but I bet he will be a serious STUD Te, and that is what I knew BP would get.

Ummm... actually Boomer called out this specific TE:

"Sticking with that position, I mentioned in Draft Winds 5 that Monmouth tight end John Nalbone was getting a lot of interest from the Dolphins. Much like Brock Bolen, that interest has continued. Nalbone is working out with former Parcells WR Odessa Turner and the man who controversially replaced Phil Simms, Scott Brunner when Parcells became Giants head coach in 1983. At 64, 256 Nalbone offers decent late round value and is a committed special teamer as well as being a solid in line blocker. A consistent sub-4.6 runner, I could easily see him as an upgrade on 3rd stringer Joey Haynos, especially given that excellent straight line speed. Interestingly, former Giants OG Billy Ard, who also played under Parcells in the 1980s has been working on his blocking."

http://weblogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports/columnists/hyde/blog/2009/03/london_calling_draft_winds_11.html

X-Pacolypse
05-16-2009, 08:42 PM
A lot of people argued that we would not get a TE, and you can easily search and see I adamantly called this one for a long time. Our offense is going to be freaking INSANE next year. Parcells gets great TEs, and now we can go into any formation possible. Nalbone is a LOT like Fasano, I bet you we will have another beast to play with Fasano and cause havoc with defenses.

I'm pumped. How do you match up against 2 Fasanos now? It's awesome!

We'll see. One thing is for sure, Bill loves to draft TE's! Check out his history.

New York Giants

1983 - Jamie Williams, Malcolm Scott
1985 - Mark Bavaro
1987 - Rod Jones
1988 - Danta Whiticker
1989 - Howard Cross

New England Patriots

1993 - Rich Griffith
1994 - John Burke
1996 - Chris Griffin

New York Jets

1998 - Blake Spence, Lawrence Hart
2000 - Anthony Becht

Dallas Cowboys

2003 - Jason Witten
2004 - Sean Ryan
2006 - Anthony Fasano

Miami Dolphins

2009 - John Nalbone

Smith21
05-17-2009, 03:52 AM
does this mean martin gets cut?? before the season?

Lord Of Miami
05-17-2009, 11:35 AM
does this mean martin gets cut?? before the season?

No we carry 3 TE's on the team.

Lord Of Miami
05-17-2009, 12:11 PM

I'm one of the last people that would defend him because what he said to me/about me.... Finheaven even pulled his post because they too thought it was harrassment.

But he did have us taking a TE with the 1st pick in his last Mock.So he saw it as some kind of need.If you don't watch very much college football then he's a good read, but if you do watch college football and keep up with the draft then you know he's no Better or Worse then any other Draftnik.

No matter how much you get into or study the draft.You'll never be better then a coin flip.Everyone knows that going in, some just forget.

Dmarino110
05-29-2009, 04:58 PM
No we carry 3 TE's on the team.

you dont think martin did enough last year to secure a spot this yeaR?

normaniii
06-20-2009, 07:13 PM
Top man and good shout

just want to say i called moreno going to broncos at 12.....and got slated.

hooshoops
06-20-2009, 11:08 PM
did you call the derek hagan like hands also that nalbone has displayed to date in ota's and minicamp??? lol