PDA

View Full Version : J.D. Folsom OLB

fishypete
04-26-2009, 05:52 PM
6'2"230 Webber State

http://www.weberstatesports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=39323&SPID=3468&temp_site=NO&DB_OEM_ID=8600&ATCLID=1275374&Q_SEASON=2008

Man you have to give it up to Parcells....this is looking under rocks..for sure.

Tetragrammaton
04-26-2009, 05:53 PM
Never heard of him. Hopefully he can beat out Quentin Moses.

TonySporanoTuna
04-26-2009, 05:53 PM
I can't find any stats or video. He has a really cool football name though.

thejetssuck
04-26-2009, 05:55 PM
Would have much rather had Frantz Joseph, who I cannot believe hasn't been drafted yet.

daninoz
04-26-2009, 05:57 PM
http://www.jillmcbridebaxter.com/5057.html

JD Folsom - Linebacker-Draft 2009

Linebacker
Weber State #33
Height: 6-3
Weight: 230

Points of Difference: Great vision, very aggressive in getting to the ball, tremendous body strength especially in the shoulders and upper body
Positions: Linebacker
Best Games: 9/20/08 at Sacramento State
9/27/08 at Utah
12/6/08 at Montana

Weber State
Major: Zoology
2008 – Earned First Team All-Big Sky Conference honors, second on team in total tackles with 94 and had 4 double figure tackle games
2007 - Earned Second Team All-Big Sky Conference honors, second on team in total tackles with 73 and had 4 double figure tackle games, was named Team Defensive MVP, transferred to Weber at the 2007 semester break in January from Snow Junior College in Ephraim, Utah

Junior College
Played at Snow in the fall of 2003 for Coach Steve Coburn then left to serve a two-year LDS Church mission to Santa Cruz, Bolivia. Came back and helped the Badgers to an 11-1 record in 2006. First Team All-Western State’s Football League, First Team NJCAA Academic All-America team, and Second Team NJCAA All-America team. Had 69.5 tackles in 2006, 10 tackles for loss and 3 quarterback sacks.

Weber State Statistics

Year GP Solo TKL Ast TKL TFL - Yds SKS - Yds Int - Yds Fum Rec - Yds
2008 11 27 49 5.0 - 10 1 - 7.0 1 - 34 1 - 12
2007 11 30 43 5.5 - 21 2 - 13 0 - 0 1 - ?

Personal: Full name is John-David Jeffrey Folsom. Married to Weber State volleyball standout Micah Lines. Played quarterback and linebacker at Salmon High for Coach Dustin Hunt where he earned Second Team All-State honors as a senior. Was a national qualifier in Team Roping on the high school rodeo team.

Playing on Parcells' well known preference for Mormon cowboys.

Phinagler
04-26-2009, 06:01 PM
I believe Joseph will be a feel good story for some team. Hopefully we don't get the Folsom Prison Blues. :)

JT-forpresident
04-26-2009, 06:05 PM
here's what jumps out to me when i watch his stats/bio

1- 25 years old
2- looking at his shape, he's more a ILB in our scheme
3- special teams special teams special teams !
4- seems like a good guy

fishypete
04-26-2009, 06:11 PM
here's what jumps out to me when i watch his stats/bio

1- 25 years old
2- looking at his shape, he's more a ILB in our scheme
3- special teams special teams special teams !
4- seems like a good guy

Actually he looks more like a large safety to me...along with everything else you wrote

Cutie
04-26-2009, 06:11 PM
Thanks for good laugh (Parcell comment) in what could be called a very confusing day.

Cutie
04-26-2009, 06:13 PM
Isn't Lee Robinson, Alcorn State, still available? Maybe at 237?

phintim
04-26-2009, 06:13 PM
THis is my argument with this draft either pu the guy in FA or trade down and get him later. I mean get 3-4 more 7th round picks . Get a guy that is smaller and studlier as well as these guys that are hiding under rocks. Bill P would have never drafted a Z Thomas or a J Taylor which is my knock on him. He misses some good football players.

R Williams34
04-26-2009, 06:21 PM
This is a horrible pick IMO, I realize its the 7th round but when you have players like Mike Mickens, Otis Wiley, and Frantz Joseph still available you cant pass them up. I also understand that we already addressed the secondary but these are quality players and Joseph would at least make an impact in special teams.

I am still devastated we did not select Terrence Taylor instead of Hartline.

I am still devastated we did not select Duke Robinson, or Herman Johnson instead of John Nalbone.

I am still devastated we did not select Rey Rey in the 1st and get our CB in the 2nd.

But hell, who am I to judge, I am only getting my Sports Management Degree to do this for a living.

fishypete
04-26-2009, 06:35 PM
This is a horrible pick IMO, I realize its the 7th round but when you have players like Mike Mickens, Otis Wiley, and Frantz Joseph still available you cant pass them up. I also understand that we already addressed the secondary but these are quality players and Joseph would at least make an impact in special teams.

I am still devastated we did not select Duke Robinson, or Herman Johnson instead of John Nalbone.

I am still devastated we did not select Rey Rey in the 1st and get our CB in the 2nd.

But hell, who am I to judge, I am only getting my Sports Management Degree to do this for a living.

Lots of luck.

fishypete
04-26-2009, 06:37 PM
THis is my argument with this draft either pu the guy in FA or trade down and get him later. I mean get 3-4 more 7th round picks . Get a guy that is smaller and studlier as well as these guys that are hiding under rocks. Bill P would have never drafted a Z Thomas or a J Taylor which is my knock on him. He misses some good football players.

I agree...Parcells wouldn't have selected Thomas...he doesn't fit a 3-4. Possibly Taylor...but you can't go back and change time.

miamiron
04-26-2009, 06:48 PM

Very good points and I stand with you but JD fOLSUM
does have a degree in "zoology" which may come in handy with the dogs we drafted in day two

phintim
04-26-2009, 07:05 PM
Very good points and I stand with you but JD fOLSUM
does have a degree in "zoology" which may come in handy with the dogs we drafted in day two

Cute very cute I like it. What a hidden value under such a rock.

PJack
04-26-2009, 07:11 PM
At 229lbs he runs a 4.83 40. Small and slow. Not surprised at all given how I fell about our 2nd day selections.

wockenbauss
04-28-2009, 04:49 PM
At 229lbs he runs a 4.83 40. Small and slow. Not surprised at all given how I fell about our 2nd day selections.

Not to make an totally inappropriate comparison, but... no late round inside linebacker described as small and slow has ever made any noise in Miami? lol