PDA

View Full Version : I couldn't be more disapointed

wildvillage519
04-26-2009, 06:20 PM
I couldn't wait to see what we would pull off this year after a pretty solid draft last year and I have to say I have never been more disappointed in the Dolphins draft in my 17 years of watching it.

Even when Wanny and Cameron were the ones picking, I at least liked 2 or 3 players they drafted. At this point, I am not crazy about any pick the Dolphins have made (I sort of like Patrick Turner).

I give this draft an F at this point. I hope a few players suprise me and I can move the grade up to abouit a C. Terrible job this year to Sparano, Ireland, and Parcells. I really don't care who doesn't agree with me right now, I am just pissed.

Dolfan1000
04-26-2009, 06:22 PM
Glad you have the opportunity to vent, but I think we should take down names of the posters giving this draft an "F" grade... Might be useful to look back on down the line.

Finnie85
04-26-2009, 06:34 PM
honestly i think some picks were stretches and obviously there's no huge playmaker in the wr position but i'd have to give this draft a C+. we picked up good depth in the secondary and good depth in the WR however no true #1 wr and no guaranteed #1 at cb (since they are all rookies). i did start to notice that this appears to be a big "depth" draft. where we're not drafting for home runs but for depth instead. also alot of the guys we've drafted a physical phenoms. they are fast, big, and strong. i hope parcells and co. are great coaches cuz i think several of these players are unpolished and we're gonna need a solid training camp to get these guys to contribute...

chillwill3000
04-26-2009, 06:37 PM
Just because we are drafting guys that are relative unkowns does not mean this draft deserves and F. some of you people are ridiculous.

JRYCRL
04-26-2009, 06:37 PM
Loved day one. LOVED EVERY SINGLE PICK! Not in love with day 2 in the least. Only needed one WR and I'd have drafted another guard and ILB. Again, when Pat White is electrifying next year and makes plays, I want to see all the haters come out and say they were wrong.

We LENT Jason Taylor to the skins for the right to draft Pat White... FREE MONEY. We might end up with Jason Taylor back in the fold. Pat White will make other teams prepare the way teams have to be leary of Leon Washington, Darren Sproles and Reggie Bush. Guys that can make PLAYS!

fishypete
04-26-2009, 06:39 PM
And where are those that Wanny and Cam picked now?

canman1971
04-26-2009, 06:39 PM
I would really like to know how much posters who "hate" this draft really know about any of the players? I mean come on? Nobody knows, so why pretend you do and act like the little kid who couldn't get the toy he wanted because your parents thought the money was better spent on something else.

MiamiHitman13
04-26-2009, 06:41 PM
Just because we are drafting guys that are relative unkowns does not mean this draft deserves and F. some of you people are ridiculous.

No, what's ridiculous is people doing backflips over this awful draft. I really think some of you guys would be high-fiving each other if Parcells drafted a punter with every single pick of this draft. Lay off the Kool-Aid.

Tetragrammaton
The trifecta instituted the biggest turnaround in league history. They get my respect in this department.

DefensiveEnd76
Come back in 3 years and tell us if this draft was crap or not. The trifecta didn't just throw names into a hat and make draft picks. They worked these guys out personally and watched these guys closely. They obviously think these guys can play or they wouldn't select them. Lets see what they can do on the field before criticizing them.

Charlie Brown
04-26-2009, 06:43 PM
I thought this was a pretty solid draft for Miami, the Pat white pick was the only one I really disagreed with....but who knows.....time will tell

hemidemon
04-26-2009, 06:44 PM
I couldn't wait to see what we would pull off this year after a pretty solid draft last year and I have to say I have never been more disappointed in the Dolphins draft in my 17 years of watching it.

Even when Wanny and Cameron were the ones picking, I at least liked 2 or 3 players they drafted. At this point, I am not crazy about any pick the Dolphins have made (I sort of like Patrick Turner).

I give this draft an F at this point. I hope a few players suprise me and I can move the grade up to abouit a C. Terrible job this year to Sparano, Ireland, and Parcells. I really don't care who doesn't agree with me right now, I am just pissed.
ESPN showed who they picked as the four winners after day one of the draft. Miami was one of the four. I guess that explains why the NFL isn't beating down your door to be a GM.

Mr772
04-26-2009, 06:47 PM
Our biggest hole was at CB, IMO we got the best CB in the draft and another huge CB with loads of potential.

Based on those two picks i don't think we can do worse than a C+.

JRYCRL
04-26-2009, 06:50 PM
I thought this was a pretty solid draft for Miami, the Pat white pick was the only one I really disagreed with....but who knows.....time will tell

My second favorite pick after Vontae who I love as well. LOVE those 2 guys and don't get the hatred aimed at Pat White. Most posters obviously haven't seen him play or root for a college team that didn't have to stop him.

MiamiHitman13
04-26-2009, 06:53 PM
ESPN showed who they picked as the four winners after day one of the draft. Miami was one of the four. I guess that explains why the NFL isn't beating down your door to be a GM.

Who on ESPN said that they thought Miami was one of the four winners of the draft? I had ESPN on and didn't see that.

Finnie85
04-26-2009, 06:54 PM
i was shocked with pat cuz i think we needed someone that specialized as a wr not a slash player. but there are some upsides to him now that i've been looking into his skill set and what he can deliver. but im still skeptical about pat. but time will tell...

hemidemon
04-26-2009, 06:58 PM
Who on ESPN said that they thought Miami was one of the four winners of the draft? I had ESPN on and didn't see that.
It was on sportscenter afterward. 3 of the 4 were the Browns, the Pats, and the Fins. Now that I think about it, it might have been NFL network. Anyway it was one of the two.

MiamiHitman13
04-26-2009, 07:04 PM
It was on sportscenter afterward. 3 of the 4 were the Browns, the Pats, and the Fins. Now that I think about it, it might have been NFL network. Anyway it was one of the two.

It's definitely not ESPN. Kiper and McShay have been questioning some of the Miami picks. Can you blame them?

fishypete
04-26-2009, 07:08 PM
It's definitely not ESPN. Kiper and McShay have been questioning some of the Miami picks. Can you blame them?

YES...What Kiper and McShay say...keeps me up at night....:crazy:

finfan54
04-26-2009, 07:22 PM
Vontae Davis CB- Physical intstintive CB who who should start sooner rather than later-keep in mind Surtain and Madison took longer.

Pat White QB- Look at it this way, He is our backup/wildcat starter QB-offense is going to be exciting!

Sean Smith CB- Great value on a guy who will be helping cover Randy Moss and Terrell Owens.

Patrick Turner WR- He is a 6-5 223 underrated big man at WR. I think people will be surprised. He will test Sean Smith in prep for Moss.

Brian Hartline-Not really sure here other than could have waited longer for him and he is ST/Camarillo insurance. Played at big school. Ginn's brother.

John Nalbone-strong, pretty fast, work out warrior, and completely unkown-dont know what I am supposed to think, but I remember a long time ago a 5'11 guy named Zach Thomas was picked and I didnt think anything of it....until a week later.

Chris Clemons- Like this pick alot! Nice size and speed and a thumper. Our DB's now have serious depth. Wont have to worry about DB's as much next year for sure. WE SCORED BIG HERE.

Andrew Gardner OT- Backup T?

JD FOLSOM - camp fodder with the slim possibility of making the roster via Special Teams. Prob wont make it but the kid is ready and willing it seems.

ssnjamerson
04-26-2009, 07:23 PM
You can take my name down as one who hates this draft.
I can live with Pat White if I have too but I would have rather had Sintim/Barwin.
YOu dont take Patrick Turner who is 25th best WR over Inglesias/McKenzie
Hartline who sucks over DJ Moore/Murphy/Sidbury/McRath/Sammie Hill/Terrance Taylor
You dont take John Nalbone when we have 2 capable TE on the roster. Esp when Duke Robinson/Meredith/Herman Johnson are still ava when we obviously need help on the Oline. Smiley and Grove will miss games mark it down.
Clemons I can Live with
Gardner is a decent lineman but with Francies/Pryor/Brandon Gibson/Murtha/Mickens /Shipley etc...

I hope to god we sign some UDFA. Trevor Canfield, Gerold Cadogan, Chris Baker-DT, MArk Parson-CB, dominique Johnson-CB, Emmanuel Cook-S, Rey Feinga-OL, Aaron Kelly_WR, Passmore-WE, Jemarko Simmons-WR, Jason Williams-LB, Dallas Reynolds-OL, Kevin Ogletree-WR, Graham Cano-K, Brooks Foster-WR, Khalif Barnes-DT, Danell Ellerbe-LB, Dary Beckwith-LB, Abdullah-DT, Cassillas-LB, Felder-LB, Lee Robinson-LB, Dan Holtzclaw-LB, Frantz Joseph-LB, JOsh Mauga - LB, Mike Jones-WR, Ossasio-CB, Otis Wiley-S, Cornelius Lewis-OT, Joel Bell-OT, Augustuw Parrish-OT, Travis Bright-OT, Ceceil Newton-C, Edwin Williams-C, Philip Hunt-DE, MAurice Evans-De, Mitch King-DE, Brandon Swain-De All of these guys will prob be UDFA and I would have preferred to draft any of them over Hartline, nalbone, and Gardner.

SammySmif
04-26-2009, 07:29 PM
We had no WR or DB depth and now we are loaded with guys. We got another OT to add depth to the line. We have a PLAYMAKER in Pat White who will give us a new look on offense.

How many teams in the league can run huge 3 TE sets and then a spread option or Wildcat? I think just us. The 2 TE formations we run will be lethal. We can do any formation ever invented now. We ran the most formations of any team last year, so strap in this year, because it will only get tougher to defend.

lbmclean_sj
04-26-2009, 07:33 PM

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2009/04/crybaby-1.png

fishypete
04-26-2009, 07:40 PM
We had no WR or DB depth and now we are loaded with guys. We got another OT to add depth to the line. We have a PLAYMAKER in Pat White who will give us a new look on offense.

How many teams in the league can run huge 3 TE sets and then a spread option or Wildcat? I think just us. The 2 TE formations we run will be lethal. We can do any formation ever invented now. We ran the most formations of any team last year, so strap in this year, because it will only get tougher to defend.

Even better...the Dolphins won't have to overload the O-line...so team won't know which side the plays will be on. 11 on 11 makes the Wildcat so much better.

wildvillage519
04-26-2009, 07:57 PM
The rason I am so upset is because going into the draft I didn't like Vontae Davis or Sean Smith as some other people did. Brian Hartline and Pat White were big reaches when ther was better value on the board at the time. Andrew Gardner will never amount to more then a back up. John Naldone I will admit I know nothing about (Maybe he turns out to be good). Chris Clemons and Patrick Turner are the only DECENT picks IMO.

Take it for what it's worth, but I believe everyone else in the division did much better then the Dolphins did this weekend.

I think to many people get got up in Parcells being some kind of draft genius. Don't get me wrong, he was a great coach. But his draft track record is not all that great except for the 2005 draft and the 2008 draft seems like it will be pretty good. Other then that he's only hit on 1 or 2 players every other year.

hemidemon
04-26-2009, 08:10 PM
Yes I can. The two guys who have NO NFL experience didn't like our draft< but the coach on that panel DID. I'll take Herm Edwards over those two any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Oraclepz
04-26-2009, 09:09 PM
although some picks made me scratch my head, i dont stress it like some people do here. i like to wait a few years before i say anything. But im not going to lie, i do love the Pat White pick.

Dtronic
04-26-2009, 09:19 PM

LOL

Xeticus
04-26-2009, 09:30 PM
I'm not in love with this draft. Vontae Davis and Sean Smith were great picks. I think Pat White can be a good pickup for us. But I hated all of day 2. Reach after reach. We ignored every defense player on day 2 til we got to the 7th round. We have a lot of depth but there's no way we're going to be able to carry all these wideouts and te's. I think a more balanced approach in the later rounds would have been better.

Clipse
04-26-2009, 09:48 PM

Continue on being pissed then. I'm more dissapointed at all of you idiots who claim to be Dolphin fans who keep whining about the draft before the rookies even see the field. Stop whining already. Or at least stop making threads, no one wants to hear it.

JimToss
04-26-2009, 09:50 PM

I definitely believe Miami did absolutely great on Day 1 of the draft.
I am not here to argue Pat Whites value or role.
But the reason we were selected as that is because ESPN loves stories. They look at the Dolphins and the Wildcat offense and love the story/coverage they can get out of it.
It's a perfect scenario in their minds. Therefore they love it and think it deserves a high grade.

burger13
04-26-2009, 09:54 PM
Finally...someone with some common sense!! I couldn't be more disappointed either...

at the widespread negativitiy on this board...on the premature judgement of all our newest Dolphins before they even strap on their helmets.

I didn't bother reading your post because the title said it all!! I'm glad you tore into these Madden GM's so I didn't have to!!

al711
04-26-2009, 11:45 PM
AMEN!! just a bunch of arm chair GM's that think they know better than the trifecta...

I like the draft,they stuck with DB and WR depth. I call we win the division again and at least half of the 2009 draft makes the squad...

Pinkboy
04-26-2009, 11:53 PM
How many of you really knew about Kendall Langford and Donald Thomas going into the draft last year ?

Threads like this are just stupid. And just invite you to eat massive amounts of crow when all is said and done.

fakespike
04-27-2009, 12:10 AM
yes, if I recall correctly, Tuna was panned on here 1 yr ago for passing on Calias Campbell and a slew of marginalh WRs @32, and for passing on kevin smith (and all other players available on day 2) in favor of Kendall Langford.

Langford: NFL All Rookie Team
Merling: Made the play that propelled us to the playoffs

I certainly trust Tuna & Co.'s scouting moreso than a couple of loud mouth know-it-alls on here who have nothing better to do on saturdays than watch college football

ZachThomas76
04-27-2009, 12:14 AM

So you enjoyed the draft by Cam Cameron?

ZachThomas76
04-27-2009, 12:15 AM
Finally...someone with some common sense!! I couldn't be more disappointed either...

at the widespread negativitiy on this board...on the premature judgement of all our newest Dolphins before they even strap on their helmets.

I didn't bother reading your post because the title said it all!! I'm glad you tore into these Madden GM's so I didn't have to!!

well, in all fairness, CK mocked Michael Johnson at 25 for the Phins, and he didnt go until the third round. how would people like that pick?

JCane
04-27-2009, 12:16 AM
You're more diappointed with this draft than the one where we drafted Ted Ginn and John Beck lol?

JCane
04-27-2009, 12:17 AM
well, in all fairness, your finheaven god CK mocked Michael Johnson at 25 for the Phins, and he didnt go until the third round. how would people like that pick?

For what it's worth I had Vontae Davis mocked at #25 in the staff mock drafts lol.

:woot:

HybridPHIN 23
04-27-2009, 12:22 AM
is there any reasons for why you dont like each pick ? Its just kinda of silly to stamp your feet like a little girl and say " i hate it, i hate it, i hate it !!! "

What would have been your picks ?

juan0842
04-27-2009, 12:32 AM
The Pat White pick is the pick that I consider the worst pick in dolphins history, if defenses around the league don't consider Pat White a top receiver, forget the wild cat especially as a surprise coming out of the huddle. From the wild cat used last year, you will be replacing Ricky Williams or one of our top receivers to send Pat White on to the field, sorry but I donít see how replacing superior position players with Pat White would make the plays more efficient. I also think that Pat White will bring controversy into the locker room and the franchise in the future, a running quarterback vs a drop back quarterback, a great leader of men (PW) vs. the suppose leader of the team (CH) and of curse the element of race. The worst pick ever. Running quarterbacks in the NFL have not been successful because of itís inherit selfish nature which disorganizes the thought process and preparation of all the other players involve in any given play.

JCane
04-27-2009, 12:34 AM
Everyone post your resume right now. I'm going to find out why you were passed over for this Will Duracells character. I'm gonna get to the bottom of this.

yungcane
04-27-2009, 12:40 AM

well, for the most part, they are depth players in the league... except for Beck. he's normally making sure that Penny is totally hydrated and fanning Henne, holding Henne's helmet in case Sparano calls number 7.. Looks like now he'll have an even bigger roll, while doing his normal duties, he'll also have to make sure White is hydrated and fanning him and his cleats as well.

yungcane
04-27-2009, 12:47 AM
I also think that Pat White will bring controversy into the locker room and the franchise in the future, a running quarterback vs a drop back quarterback, a great leader of men (PW) vs. the suppose leader of the team (CH) and of curse the element of race. The worst pick ever. Running quarterbacks in the NFL have not been successful because of itís inherit selfish nature which disorganizes the thought process and preparation of all the other players involve in any given play.

since when was Chad Henne crowned as the leader of the team.. and as far as running quarterbacks not being successful? i can name a few that have been very successful for the most part. Example? : Steve Young, John Elway, Donovan McNabb..

you guys need to stop playing Maddens Franchise mode with your fantasy drafts set up.. i think its messing with your heads making you think you guys can actually be a GM in the league.

juan0842
04-27-2009, 01:14 AM
since when was Chad Henne crowned as the leader of the team.. and as far as running quarterbacks not being successful? i can name a few that have been very successful for the most part. Example? : Steve Young, John Elway, Donovan McNabb..

you guys need to stop playing Maddens Franchise mode with your fantasy drafts set up.. i think its messing with your heads making you think you guys can actually be a GM in the league.

Sorry your examples are consider drop back QBs with the ability to run. The qb you mentioned would run the play first and ad lib as a last resort.

wildvillage519
04-27-2009, 01:33 PM
How many of you really knew about Kendall Langford and Donald Thomas going into the draft last year ?

Threads like this are just stupid. And just invite you to eat massive amounts of crow when all is said and done.

Actually, I wrote this thread and I was very high on both Kendall Langford and Donald Thomas last year before the draft and had them both in my mock drafts last year. This draft is not even close to as good as last years class was. I think Donald Thomas will be an All-pro one day.

wildvillage519
04-27-2009, 01:41 PM
So you enjoyed the draft by Cam Cameron?

I think we got a few good players out of that draft. Ted Ginn I think will breakout in his 3rd year (which is common for WR), I like Paul Soliai probably more then most people, Brandon Fields is solid, Samson Satele is a good player he just doesn't fit the Dolphins system anymore, John Beck I believe could make it in this league, just not with the Dolphins. I also think if Abe Wright didn't have bad knees he could have been a real steel in round 7, it just didn't workout.

To tell you the truth the most thing I am excited about this years draft is getting Jared Bronson TE-Central Washington as an undrafted FA. I am just not happy with the selections at all.

I think Darius Butler would have been a safer/better choice over Vontae Davis, Clint Sintim over Pat White, etc.....

fishypete
04-27-2009, 01:59 PM
I think we got a few good players out of that draft. Ted Ginn I think will breakout in his 3rd year (which is common for WR), I like Paul Soliai probably more then most people, Brandon Fields is solid, Samson Satele is a good player he just doesn't fit the Dolphins system anymore, John Beck I believe could make it in this league, just not with the Dolphins. I also think if Abe Wright didn't have bad knees he could have been a real steel in round 7, it just didn't workout.

To tell you the truth the most thing I am excited about this years draft is getting Jared Bronson TE-Central Washington as an undrafted FA. I am just not happy with the selections at all.

I think Darius Butler would have been a safer/better choice over Vontae Davis, Clint Sintim over Pat White, etc.....

If so...why did Butler drop to the 41st pick? Why did at least three other teams pick a corner before Butler?

Perhaps we should ask his father...Hmm?

normaniii
04-27-2009, 02:13 PM
I think this draft was based more on need than BPA.........but i have faith in the TOP 3.

Look at Bess who they targeted as UFA last year, who says these WR will not contribute this season the same as Bess last year. And if they do..............................

wildvillage519
04-27-2009, 10:55 PM
If so...why did Butler drop to the 41st pick? Why did at least three other teams pick a corner before Butler?

Perhaps we should ask his father...Hmm?
Butler may have fell to #41, but that doesn't mean he wasn't worth picking at #25. Obviously teams thought there were better choices then Butler at the time or had a more pressing need that they wanted to address. There are guys every year who drop further then they should, but it still does change my mind about how we should have drafted Butler at #25.

I have a bad feeling about Vontae Davis, but that just my opinion and evryone is entitled to there own. Personally I just did not like the players we drafted, plain and simple.

Buddy
04-28-2009, 01:09 AM

Exactly, not one frigging one of them are on this team to my knowledge. I don't know if the Trinity hit pay dirt on every pick but they have shown the ability to identify and develop talent that fits their system. Realistically, if you get 2-3 starters and 2-3 solid depth guys from a draft then you have done darned well. Wanny had several drafts that did not produce 1 viable starter.

Dr. Phin
04-28-2009, 01:18 AM
Yes you could, by adding another "p"....