PDA

View Full Version : The Most Disinteresting Dolphins Draft Ever!!

dougfinsfan72
04-26-2009, 07:16 PM
I don't know about the rest of you guys/girls but this is the most disinterested I've ever been in the Dolphins draft selections since I started tracking college players and the draft in the 70's!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It remains to be seen, but I think Parcells and Ireland are way overrated and are given too much credit for their so called draft expertise.

In my opinion we could have gotten lot better players than we drafted, especially from the 3rd - 7th round!

Hopefully, we'll have better luck with the undrafted free-agents!!

Hopefully we'll sign WR Guice!

SammySmif
04-26-2009, 07:18 PM
So we go from 1-15 to 11-5, yet you think the FO and coaches are overrated? That's pretty amusing.

fishypete
04-26-2009, 07:20 PM
Actually I find this thread the most disinteresting thread ever. Are you a Dolphin fan or a whinner?

Clipse
04-26-2009, 09:41 PM
I don't know about the rest of you guys/girls but this is the most disinterested I've ever been in the Dolphins draft selections since I started tracking college players and the draft in the 70's!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It remains to be seen, but I think Parcells and Ireland are way overrated and are given too much credit for their so called draft expertise.

In my opinion we could have gotten lot better players than we drafted, especially from the 3rd - 7th round!

My opinion is you need to calm down. Cb a big need, we fixed it. Tall, strong WR a big need, we fixed it. Special offensive talent? Pat White. I find it hilarious at people bitching and calling Parcells overrated before the rookies even see the field. Obviously most of you guys haven't been fans for that long because it was that same overrated Parcells who took us from 1-15 to 11-5. Stop all the complaing, sheesh.

SamIam
04-26-2009, 09:47 PM
Yet another stupid thread

Awsi Dooger
04-27-2009, 12:39 AM
I don't know about the rest of you guys/girls but this is the most disinterested I've ever been in the Dolphins draft selections since I started tracking college players and the draft in the 70's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You'll be ripped. But I agree with that aspect. I've followed the team since the late '60s and this was the most boring draft I can remember, actually alongside the Billy Milner disaster. As soon as I heard that name I knew Shula was like a golfer who was going to be in the deep rough all day, scrambling for double bogey.

Before seeing this thread I posted somewhere else that day two was like a Shula draft in his final 10 years before retirement, plagued with uninteresting players including some who looked like they could be assigned the waiver wire right now.

Maybe they will work out. But I prefer the boom or bust types or the diamond in the rough types. This year we started day two with receivers with limitations, hardly confidence inspiring.

And last year a name like Donald Thomas was fascinating in the late going. I didn't see anything approaching that this year. Maybe the TE from Monmouth.

I followed Georgia Tech closely because I love to bet on triple option teams. I won one bet after another on Georgia Tech until Andrew Gardner went down against Virginia. They had other OL injuries at that point and also the QB got hurt. Point is, I'm familiar with Andrew Gardner and he's not a Donald Thomas in terms of raw ability.

Nor does the JD Folsum pick sound thrilling. I've lived in Nevada for 20+ years and watched the football in the mountain region. Those teams are so pathetic in the trenches you get in trouble taking a lineman, like we did last year in the 4th round, or now a linebacker. Heck, Solai hasn't exactly panned out, another lineman from that area.

Admittedly, I had a bad day on the PGA golf wagering, many matchups falling apart in the final few holes, so maybe I'm looking to complain about something. :lol:

HybridPHIN 23
04-27-2009, 12:44 AM
its not the draft, its just that something is wrong with you....

We just drafted 2 top corners and 2 Possession type receivers....
We got one of the greatest college players of all time to run the wildcat.

I don't see how its gets much more exciting than that.... unless ofcourse you want to trade up for a top ten pick....

dougfinsfan72
04-27-2009, 03:02 AM
You'll be ripped. But I agree with that aspect. I've followed the team since the late '60s and this was the most boring draft I can remember, actually alongside the Billy Milner disaster. As soon as I heard that name I knew Shula was like a golfer who was going to be in the deep rough all day, scrambling for double bogey.

Before seeing this thread I posted somewhere else that day two was like a Shula draft in his final 10 years before retirement, plagued with uninteresting players including some who looked like they could be assigned the waiver wire right now.

Maybe they will work out. But I prefer the boom or bust types or the diamond in the rough types. This year we started day two with receivers with limitations, hardly confidence inspiring.

And last year a name like Donald Thomas was fascinating in the late going. I didn't see anything approaching that this year. Maybe the TE from Monmouth.

I followed Georgia Tech closely because I love to bet on triple option teams. I won one bet after another on Georgia Tech until Andrew Gardner went down against Virginia. They had other OL injuries at that point and also the QB got hurt. Point is, I'm familiar with Andrew Gardner and he's not a Donald Thomas in terms of raw ability.

Nor does the JD Folsum pick sound thrilling. I've lived in Nevada for 20+ years and watched the football in the mountain region. Those teams are so pathetic in the trenches you get in trouble taking a lineman, like we did last year in the 4th round, or now a linebacker. Heck, Solai hasn't exactly panned out, another lineman from that area.

Admittedly, I had a bad day on the PGA golf wagering, many matchups falling apart in the final few holes, so maybe I'm looking to complain about something. :lol:
Some of these newbies worship Parcells/Ireland more than GOD: "WHATEVER THE TRIFECTA DECIDES I"ll GO ALONG WITH"

The heck with that. If you truly loked at his/their drafts they have had a lot of busts and even more mediocre picks!!

I've been a hardcore Fins fan since 1972 (dougfinsfan72). A lot of the posters on here probably weren't even born in 1982 much less Dolphins fans.

Except for Alphonso Smith, the draft didn't have any DBs that excited me so I have no qualms about the CB picks as I stated. Although I'm from CT and attended UCONN I didn't like what I saw of Butler: very poor tackler (all arms), not one of his YOUTUBE highlights showed an interception or a play on the ball, UNLIKE Alphonso Smith who made numerous ALL PRO-like plays.

As I also stated (if you read carefully) I didn't mind the Pat White pick because of the passing potential from the Wild Cat, plus we kept him away from New England which was probably more of the reason for selecting him so high than anything else.

I'm a USC fan since the 70's also and Patrick Turner was probably the best TALL WR in the draft, even ahead of Barsden, although I feel that we could have gotten better WRs with less size.

The rest of the picks aren't even worth any more keystrokes!!

PhinSoldia
04-27-2009, 05:03 AM

last years' draft where ALL we took was the big uglies up front was the most dis interesting- we got skills position

BobGriese12
04-27-2009, 05:06 AM
Just because you and I do not know who these young player's are. Does not mean they are bad picks! Parcells and Ireland know what they are doing, plus I have faith in the scouting department.

They hit our two postions that where are biggest weakness in 08 [CB and WR real hard in this draft] I just wish we added 2-3 offensive linemen and a big body NT in this draft class as well.

BG12

uga3406
04-27-2009, 06:22 PM
its not the draft, its just that something is wrong with you....

We just drafted 2 top corners and 2 Possession type receivers....
We got one of the greatest college players of all time to run the wildcat.

I don't see how its gets much more exciting than that.... unless ofcourse you want to trade up for a top ten pick....

I love the two corners. The future of the phins corners has arrived its the two wrs who are bums. I dont see anyway those two beat out Ginn, Bess or Camarillo. Im not the biggest Ginn fan here, but their is no way they are playing over him. What about Bess, who imho was our best wr last yr, no way and if Camarillo is heathly no way not now at least and lets not forget White will most likwly be convereted in to a wr and London isn;t going anywhere. So tell me where do they fit in? on the inactive list every sun. The thing is they are nothing more but practice squad players. Basically not one fans on here are saying but this but nfl analsyts and reporters in papers. If 1 perosn said look those two are bad picks then people would say shut up but I have read blogs and papers today saying wtf about Turner and that Wr from OSU. It was a dull draft nothing wrong in saying that. Just one guys thoughts thats all.

Zandimd
04-27-2009, 06:31 PM
Lets look at the 2008 draft

Jake Long+Phillip Merling+Kendall Langford+Chad Henne+Donald Thomas Looks like they know what they are doing

72champagne
04-27-2009, 06:36 PM
you mean 'uninteresting'.

wildvillage519
04-27-2009, 07:24 PM

I 100% AGREE WITH YOU!!! TERRIBLE DRAFTING!!!!

dougfinsfan72
04-27-2009, 08:56 PM
I love the two corners. The future of the phins corners has arrived its the two wrs who are bums. I dont see anyway those two beat out Ginn, Bess or Camarillo. Im not the biggest Ginn fan here, but their is no way they are playing over him. What about Bess, who imho was our best wr last yr, no way and if Camarillo is heathly no way not now at least and lets not forget White will most likwly be convereted in to a wr and London isn;t going anywhere. So tell me where do they fit in? on the inactive list every sun. The thing is they are nothing more but practice squad players. Basically not one fans on here are saying but this but nfl analsyts and reporters in papers. If 1 perosn said look those two are bad picks then people would say shut up but I have read blogs and papers today saying wtf about Turner and that Wr from OSU. It was a dull draft nothing wrong in saying that. Just one guys thoughts thats all.
As I stated in my original post: "TIME WILL TELL!!"

Until that time, I choose to formulate and give my own opinion instead of copping out with "WHATEVER THE TRIFECTA DOES I"M ALL FOR IT!"

Last time I checked this site was a place for Dolphins' fans to post and express their opinions.

What a fun site this would be if EVERYONE'S post read, "WHATEVER THE TRIFECTA DOES I'M ALL FOR IT!!"

finfan54
04-27-2009, 08:59 PM
This draft sucked in the big picture anyways. Alot of teams will find this out eventually. Parcells already knows this. Thats why we ran out of our board in the seventh round. Were not really thrilled with alot of prospects and we drafted according to need and competition and Special teams because we kicked so much *** last year its not funny.

ssnjamerson
04-27-2009, 09:56 PM
DO you guys not watch College Football. Patrick Turner is Wilford all over. Turner couldnt get open at USC much less in the NFL and you dont take him with Inglesias left. Hartline had 22 catches last year which is pathetic and with Sammie Hill ,DJ Moore who was a 1-2round talent and could be a shutdown CB, Sidbury , Austin Collie, Terence Taylor, Gerald McRath,McKillop, jarett Dillard, Freeman, Tupou, and Vic Harris left terrible pick. JOhn Nalbone with Duke.Meredith,Herman Johnson, Brandon Gibson after him is a joke . Folsom is not a good player and does not fit here. He will never see the field ever. With D Byrd, Curtis taylor, Troy Nolan, AQ Shipley, Mickens, Murtha, Zach Follett, Marko Mitchell, Courtney Greene and Trevor Canfield left this pick is a joke as well. Then we trade a 7th round pick for a 7th round pick with Chris Baker left. Good trade. This draft was Wanny like. Last year we took 2 RB late in the draft and neither did anything at all. I dont now what goes on. Does everyone leave after day1 and they send there kids in there. Or do they send in the Pats front office to make out picks. Bad day 2 and anyone on here could have made better picks. You could have picked on name alone and got better talent. I would rather pick a big name and bust than a turd which is expected to bust. At least you couldnt say we didnt try. With these picks its like we want to fail. And the only reason we went from 1-15 to what we did is because strength of schedule. Next year we wont win nearly as many

uga3406
04-27-2009, 10:56 PM
DO you guys not watch College Football. Patrick Turner is Wilford all over. Turner couldnt get open at USC much less in the NFL and you dont take him with Inglesias left. Hartline had 22 catches last year which is pathetic and with Sammie Hill ,DJ Moore who was a 1-2round talent and could be a shutdown CB, Sidbury , Austin Collie, Terence Taylor, Gerald McRath,McKillop, jarett Dillard, Freeman, Tupou, and Vic Harris left terrible pick. JOhn Nalbone with Duke.Meredith,Herman Johnson, Brandon Gibson after him is a joke . Folsom is not a good player and does not fit here. He will never see the field ever. With D Byrd, Curtis taylor, Troy Nolan, AQ Shipley, Mickens, Murtha, Zach Follett, Marko Mitchell, Courtney Greene and Trevor Canfield left this pick is a joke as well. Then we trade a 7th round pick for a 7th round pick with Chris Baker left. Good trade. This draft was Wanny like. Last year we took 2 RB late in the draft and neither did anything at all. I dont now what goes on. Does everyone leave after day1 and they send there kids in there. Or do they send in the Pats front office to make out picks. Bad day 2 and anyone on here could have made better picks. You could have picked on name alone and got better talent. I would rather pick a big name and bust than a turd which is expected to bust. At least you couldnt say we didnt try. With these picks its like we want to fail. And the only reason we went from 1-15 to what we did is because strength of schedule. Next year we wont win nearly as many

Im with you 100%. Read all my posts about Turner. I think he is going to be another USC wideout that turns out to be nothing more then a bum, thanks Jeff Ireland..Hope your proud of yourself.

Lord Of Miami
04-28-2009, 12:08 AM

So what did you think of the 2006 and 2007 drafts..........?

GOD IN AQUA
04-28-2009, 12:33 AM
a dream draft? no , but the worst draft ever ? right...

i like the 2 cb and the safety clemons especially,... the pat white pick makes it

very interesting and believe he and turner make or break this class, but do believe

with these new guys , gib wilson, cameron wake, hopefully jt and 1 or 2 decent

free agents..

LtDan
04-28-2009, 01:33 AM
1 star thread

Dolpfan_72
04-28-2009, 01:49 AM
I honestly can't see how they could have done a whole lot better and still filled the needs we have. There was very little talent to get excited about this draft and we had bad draft positioning for the needs we had.

That being said, overall I'd have to say:

"Worst draft ever."
http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

GOD IN AQUA
04-28-2009, 10:09 AM
M

Hopefully we'll sign WR Guice!HERES A QUESTION FOR YOU HOW MANY OF 2007'S DRAFT CLASS ARE STILL ON THE TEAM? AND YOU THINK THAT SMITH CLEMONS WHITE AND DAVIS WILL ALL NOT BE ON THE TEAM IN 2011?

Oraclepz
04-28-2009, 12:53 PM
As I stated in my original post: "TIME WILL TELL!!"

Until that time, I choose to formulate and give my own opinion instead of copping out with "WHATEVER THE TRIFECTA DOES I"M ALL FOR IT!"

Last time I checked this site was a place for Dolphins' fans to post and express their opinions.

What a fun site this would be if EVERYONE'S post read, "WHATEVER THE TRIFECTA DOES I'M ALL FOR IT!!"

your right but after last years draft i would at least think that would give them the benefit of doubt. Let these guys get on the field for a season at least!

ArmyFin7
04-28-2009, 02:57 PM

Did you scout these guys yourself or did u get ur info from a website??

If DJ moore was really a 1-2 rd. talent in a real scout/gm eyes he would have been gone already. But you can continue to take Kiper for the word of god, just try and limit the # of threads you start to complain about it. 1 was enough.

kcbrown
04-28-2009, 05:23 PM
I see you are getting ripped but I agree slightly. Besides Clemons, I feel that all the remaining Day 2 picks will have a hard time making the team.

Turner and Hartline don't seem to be difference makers.....London and Wilford can do what these guys do....that is, be an average WR......they could prove me wrong though.

dougfinsfan72
04-28-2009, 07:05 PM
you mean 'uninteresting'.

Check YOUR dictionary!

I checked mine after the fact and my choice of word was appropriate!