PDA

View Full Version : Pat White just picked as best value.

hemidemon
04-26-2009, 08:43 PM
NFL Network just had a segment where they picked a player who was the best value in the draft. Mike Lombardi picked Pat White as the best value in the draft. I guess our FO is a little better than some of you thought.

PALMA
04-26-2009, 08:47 PM
Well at least the gambled at greatness....in a very UnParcellian way.

There is more than meets they eye here.

cuban_refugee
04-26-2009, 08:50 PM
I dont' mind the pick. We have our no. 3 QB, punt returner/WR/RB. I think it now allows us to keep extra players at different positions when our 53 players are set.

ADavieDolphin
04-26-2009, 09:07 PM
oh the wildcat is going to be sooo nasty this year.

PJack
04-26-2009, 09:08 PM
Think the difficult part for a lot of us and were not sure where and how often he will be used. The obvious position is QB in the Wildcat. If that's it I would be disappointed to pick a second rounder for 6 or 7 plays a game. No one knows if he can play WR as he never did it in college and I don't recall seeing him there even in a all star game. It's a big reach to assume a guy that has never played the position can play it in the NFL. Lastly people are calling him a KR/PR even though did not return kicks and I not sure he's fast enough to be great there. I love this kid's intangibles, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't have reservations about the pick.

finfan54
04-26-2009, 09:28 PM
I watched Pat White's vid and I cannot help but think we are seriously thinking him more at QB. Apparently, when we draft in bunches to create competition, we do it also at QB with the system design in place. Henne might be a little worried since the NFL rules on the third Qb creates a PT prob.

finfan54
04-26-2009, 09:30 PM
oh the wildcat is going to be sooo nasty this year.

I like the NFL Network vid that was on miamidolphins.com where Gruden says that now that Pat White is running the Wildcat, the Safeties can no longer blitz or stuff all the running lanes because PW is throwing the ball downfield and doing so with great accuracy and velocity.

Ronnieisabeast
04-26-2009, 09:38 PM
Yeah everyone is acting like we reached all draft yet I would say that other that hartline and our last pick we got great value. I mean trash turner all you went but a worse route runner and someone who played much worse competition( Barden) went two picks before him.

CW_McGraw
04-26-2009, 09:58 PM
FYI, the guy that says White is the best value in the draft also compared Ronnie Brown to Reggie Bush and says that he will never be a capable starter.

That being said, at worst what we get with White is depth at WR and an annoying Wildcat weapon. At best we get a Doug Flutie kind of QB. Either way, I'm fine with the pick.

rickd13
04-26-2009, 10:00 PM
Think the difficult part for a lot of us and were not sure where and how often he will be used. The obvious position is QB in the Wildcat. If that's it I would be disappointed to pick a second rounder for 6 or 7 plays a game. No one knows if he can play WR as he never did it in college and I don't recall seeing him there even in a all star game. It's a big reach to assume a guy that has never played the position can play it in the NFL. Lastly people are calling him a KR/PR even though did not return kicks and I not sure he's fast enough to be great there. I love this kid's intangibles, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't have reservations about the pick.

I was angry when the Dolphins picked Pat White but let me try to explain why I'm starting to come around on this guy. You say you can't understand why we would take a guy that will only be on the field for six or seven plays a game. Let's say for arguments sake that you are right and he goes in for the wildcat package for only that many plays. A few of those plays could be huge explosive plays that change the game. How many times in a game does a great wide receiver make a play to change a game? Maybe three four times. A great wide receiver can also influence a game by drawing coverage and opening up opportunities for other players on the field. I think that is exactly what can happen for the Dolphins when you put the ball in Pat White's hands in the wild cat. He can run, throw or even split out wide. And the beauty of the whole thing is you really don't have to worry about him getting hurt and ruining your season, because he isn't your starting QB. This is all the worst case scenario. Pat White might be able to develop as a receiver, a return man, or a quarterback all while giving the Dolphins an extra dimension in their wild cat offense.

Clipse
04-26-2009, 10:01 PM
Most experts were saying Pat White is the 2nd or 3rd best player in the open field in the whole draft. Pat White is one hell of an athlete. I think he will be great on returns.

burger13
04-26-2009, 10:03 PM
NFL Network just had a segment where they picked a player who was the best value in the draft. Mike Lombardi picked Pat White as the best value in the draft. I guess our FO is a little better than some of you thought.

What are they smoking. All the experts here have already labeled him the reach of the draft (barely edging every other player the Dolphins drafted).

hemidemon
04-26-2009, 10:44 PM
Cmon Burger, use your head! Rickd13 is right. Now let me expand a little on what he said. The real value in Pat White is Pat White himself. It's like John Gruden said, defenses took a safty out and added another defender to fill the gaps. Now they can't do that. Defensive coordinators now have to spend more time game planning for the single wing or wildcat. Even if we only use 6 time or less they have to pay attention to it. If they don't we will score and score and score from that formation. Think about this...Our opponants have to game plan and spend time practicing for something we may only use less than 10% of the time. That will make the rest of our offensive game plan even more effective. That's what having Pat White on the team does. I don't care what Scouts inc or the touts say. Pat White was not going to last past the 2nd round. He is to good of an athlete. The man passed for 4000 yards and ran for 4000 yards. Someone was going to take him. I'm happy it was us.

burger13
04-26-2009, 10:55 PM
Cmon Burger, use your head! Rickd13 is right. Now let me expand a little on what he said. The real value in Pat White is Pat White himself. It's like John Gruden said, defenses took a safty out and added another defender to fill the gaps. Now they can't do that. Defensive coordinators now have to spend more time game planning for the single wing or wildcat. Even if we only use 6 time or less they have to pay attention to it. If they don't we will score and score and score from that formation. Think about this...Our opponants have to game plan and spend time practicing for something we may only use less than 10% of the time. That will make the rest of our offensive game plan even more effective. That's what having Pat White on the team does. I don't care what Scouts inc or the touts say. Pat White was not going to last past the 2nd round. He is to good of an athlete. The man passed for 4000 yards and ran for 4000 yards. Someone was going to take him. I'm happy it was us.

:lol:

I was totally joking...ripping on all the finheaven experts that have already labeled this a horrible draft.

juan0842
04-27-2009, 12:20 AM
The Pat White pick is the pick that I consider the worst pick in dolphins history, if defenses around the league don't consider Pat White a top receiver, forget the wild cat especially as a surprise coming out of the huddle. From the wild cat used last year, you will be replacing Ricky Williams or one of our top receivers to send Pat White on to the field, sorry but I donít see how replacing superior position players with Pat White would make the plays more efficient. I also think that Pat White will bring controversy into the locker room and the franchise in the future, a running quarterback vs a drop back quarterback, a great leader of men (PW) vs. the suppose leader of the team (CH) and of curse the element of race. The worst pick ever. Running quarterbacks in the NFL have not been successful because of itís inherit selfish nature which disorganizes the thought process and preparation of all the other players involve in any given play.

BigNastyDB13
04-27-2009, 12:20 AM
I wasnt crazy about taking White where we took him as I thought we'd take Barwin or Sintim but apparently the Fins weren't that high on them and they deserve the benefit of the doubt. At the very least the Dolphins have a back-up qb to Henne in the future who can make plays with his feet and arm. Second round may be a bit high for a back-up (if thats all he becomes) but as we all know, you HAVE to have a capable back-up. I love the Vontae Davis pick as he's the best cover corner in the draft and apparently is a heck of a tackler (which we needed terribly in the secondary) and I like the size of Sean Smith but I havent seen him play outside of Utah's bowl game last season. From what I've read he has huge upside and what I really like is the fact he catches the ball real well. Maybe he can teach Will Allen ;)

ZachThomas76
04-27-2009, 12:22 AM

Lombardi also tried to defend the 1st 2 picks Al Davis made.

Greatness920
04-27-2009, 12:31 AM
Pat White will be replacing CHad Pennington on the field for the wildcat play not ricky or a receiver HE IS A QB! and he can throw farther than Pennington anyways send ted ginn long and ronnie hands it to Pat white WATCH OUT NOW!

Rhody Phins Fan
04-27-2009, 01:22 AM
I am excited about Whites ability in the wildcat but I hate when people talk about how a guy may not necessarily have a position but he's a "football player." That doesn't really mean much. It's like when all of the draft experts were excited when the Rams drafted Brian Leonard even though he didn't really have a position and he ended up being a below average running back and fullback.

TonySporanoTuna
04-27-2009, 02:16 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0YPDFmcp5Y

Watch his breakaway speed and elusiveness then you will see what we fell in love with. The kid doesn't even drink.

CrazyCarl
04-27-2009, 02:52 AM
FYI, the guy that says White is the best value in the draft also compared Ronnie Brown to Reggie Bush and says that he will never be a capable starter.

Before anyone reads this, I am in no way saying Ronnie Brown isnt good or that I don't think he can be a feature back..

With that said..

So far, that guy isn't wrong.

I like Ronnie, a lot. However, he has never carried the ball 250 times in a season (241 High). He has ONE thousand yard season and ONE double digit touchdown season.

Ronnie First 3 years - 35 Games 3,414 Yards (Rush/Rec) 15 total TDs
Reggie First 3 years - 38 Games 3,149 Yards (Rush/Rec) 24 total TDs

I gave Reggie credit for his Return TD's but did not add the extra 498 yards from them to his total.

Based off that, its pretty hard to say that Ronnie Brown and Reggie Bush have not been equally as productive so far in their careers, with Ronnie of course having 1 more year on him. Ronnie Brown, while viewed as a franchise back to most of us, is not.. YET.

Again, I am not saying that he wont be because I think hes gonna have a big year. However, he has been no better than Reggie Bush. The numbers prove that.

dlockz
04-27-2009, 03:27 AM
Before anyone reads this, I am in no way saying Ronnie Brown isnt good or that I don't think he can be a feature back..

With that said..

I like Ronnie, a lot. However, he has never carried the ball 250 times in a season (241 High). He has ONE thousand yard season and ONE double digit touchdown season.

I gave Reggie credit for his Return TD's but did not add the extra 498 yards from them to his total.

Based off that, its pretty hard to say that Ronnie Brown and Reggie Bush have not been equally as productive so far in their careers, with Ronnie of course having 1 more year on him. Ronnie Brown, while viewed as a franchise back to most of us, is not.. YET.

Again, I am not saying that he wont be because I think hes gonna have a big year. However, he has been no better than Reggie Bush. The numbers prove that.

Ronnie is much better because he is a dolphin lol Now if Reggie Bush became a dolphin he would be the most dangerous player in the league lol

I mean look at at White he went from what position wil he play to the most dangerous and versatile player in NFL history.
As a rookie he will be a great Qb, RB Wr KR PR hell he might even longsnap.

ShaBam
04-27-2009, 03:51 AM
Ronnie is much better because he is a dolphin lol Now if Reggie Bush became a dolphin he would be the most dangerous player in the league lol

I mean look at at White he went from what position wil he play to the most dangerous and versatile player in NFL history.
As a rookie he will be a great Qb, RB Wr KR PR hell he might even longsnap.

You better get used to this type of logic if you want to start following pro sports. Majority of fans think like this, whether it is basketball hockey etc.

dlockz
04-27-2009, 04:08 AM
You better get used to this type of logic if you want to start following pro sports. Majority of fans think like this, whether it is basketball hockey etc.

Well I have suvived following sports since about 72 so think I wil be alright with my currentline of thinking. Im a fan but anything my team does is not golden. Its my job as a fan top cheer for my team when they play not blindly accept that they always make he right move.

rainmaker1313
04-27-2009, 04:19 AM
I guess parcells likes the wildcat. I thought he was more of a run and pound and old school type!

ShaBam
04-27-2009, 04:40 AM
Well I have suvived following sports since about 72 so think I wil be alright with my currentline of thinking. Im a fan but anything my team does is not golden. Its my job as a fan top cheer for my team when they play not blindly accept that they always make he right move.

First I was not questionning YOUR thought process, every team's fans are going to be bias and be homers about the players on their teams, you bringing attention to it is irrelevant and singling out dolphin fans is just not accurate, because it happens with every team.

Secondly, I agree with you....as long as you continue to cheer your team on I do not have an issue...my only problem here is I think you are being overly critical at a period where there is really nothing to evaluate.

Parcells, Ireland and Sparano were high enough on Pat White to take him early in the 2nd round...was it a good pick? I have no idea....was Crabtree a good pick at 10? Seemingly, yes, but none of us have any clue how this is going to pan out.

You are on this endless vendetta, it is getting pretty old...I think Parcells and co. have earned the right to be given a CHANCE to see how this Pat White situation plays out...do you agree?

dlockz
04-27-2009, 05:00 AM
First I was not questionning YOUR thought process, every team's fans are going to be bias and be homers about the players on their teams, you bringing attention to it is irrelevant and singling out dolphin fans is just not accurate, because it happens with every team.

Secondly, I agree with you....as long as you continue to cheer your team on I do not have an issue...my only problem here is I think you are being overly critical at a period where there is really nothing to evaluate.

Parcells, Ireland and Sparano were high enough on Pat White to take him early in the 2nd round...was it a good pick? I have no idea....was Crabtree a good pick at 10? Seemingly, yes, but none of us have any clue how this is going to pan out.

You are on this endless vendetta, it is getting pretty old...I think Parcells and co. have earned the right to be given a CHANCE to see how this Pat White situation plays out...do you agree?

So no matter who team chooses you should hae nothing to say. I think I have as much right to be critical of a pick as anybody. So Raider fans should be fine with thier second round pick.

Parcells will get every chance to see how thier pick pans out, me disliking the pick will not affect that. Saban led us to 9 win season his first season, but that did not mean well he made us a winnner so we can ignore that Jason Allen might not be a very good pick.

I dont subscribe to the myth that Parcells is god like many on here do.
I dont judge a pick by who makes it, I judge it by my own opinion and research. Parcells draft history is not so stellar that one should not ever question his picks He is the same guy that made somevery good picks for us last year. He is also the same guy that drafted Boby Carpenter, KEvin Burnett, AL Johnson, Jacob Rodgers and Jason Hatcher.

This is not the first time he overdrafted a qb that was versatile

Isiah Stanback
Scott Frost

In fact many people went overboard on UDFA Foster last year.

CrazyCarl
04-27-2009, 05:07 AM
Isiah Stanback
Scott Frost

In fact many people went overboard on UDFA Foster last year.

The problem I have with your point on this is that none of them are even close to being what Pat White was at West Virginia. Stanback? Really. He doesn't deserve to be in the same breath.

The only thing they have in common is they play QB, other than that, Pat White was far superior in his college career than him.

Add that into the fact that we dont even know exactly what Pat White is going to do yet, where as all the other examples of this are former QB's who get changed to WR or Safety. Ireland may not have been throwing up a screen when he said they think Pat White can be a QB in this league, and he may be doing more than just operating the wildcat.

NCFINFAN13
04-27-2009, 09:09 AM
Juan0842 ---

Pat White wont be replacing Ricky or one of our top recievers in the wildcat. He'll be replacing Chad Pennington.

They'll probably move Ronnie Brown outside and have White take snaps, and/or any various combitnations of sets/plays.

hemidemon
04-27-2009, 11:07 AM
:lol:

I was totally joking...ripping on all the finheaven experts that have already labeled this a horrible draft.
Sorry dude. My bad.

fishypete
04-27-2009, 11:19 AM
The Pat White pick is the pick that I consider the worst pick in dolphins history, if defenses around the league don't consider Pat White a top receiver, forget the wild cat especially as a surprise coming out of the huddle. From the wild cat used last year, you will be replacing Ricky Williams or one of our top receivers to send Pat White on to the field, sorry but I donít see how replacing superior position players with Pat White would make the plays more efficient. I also think that Pat White will bring controversy into the locker room and the franchise in the future, a running quarterback vs a drop back quarterback, a great leader of men (PW) vs. the suppose leader of the team (CH) and of curse the element of race. The worst pick ever. Running quarterbacks in the NFL have not been successful because of itís inherit selfish nature which disorganizes the thought process and preparation of all the other players involve in any given play.

Actually...he would replace Penny or Henne...not Ricky. Instead of the Dolphins having 10 players and a QB hugging the sideline...with White at QB...you have 11 on 11....and I love those odds...who gets the ball...is it a pass or run...no more overload on the O-line...so where is the play going. I wouldn't doubt that some of the Spread offense comes into play...could be a reason why they drafted and signed at least three new receivers.

DaytonaDolFan13
04-27-2009, 11:30 AM
Unleashing an unpredictable WILDCAT offense will be extra dynamic with this hybrid PASSER 1sr/runner/ WR ....

aqua&orange13
04-27-2009, 12:39 PM
pat white at best is a doug flutie calibur QB AT BEST !!?!?!?! LMAO what do you see in pat white that even resembles doug flutie?

He has INCREDIBLE vision for any position, let alone a quarterback, if he reminds me of anybody i've seen play in the NFL it's MIKE VICK, pat white might be a few notches slower but so what.. you saw what mike vick brought to the falcons.

and whoever said running qb's are a dying breed in the NFL, your in for a surprise. We just need to implement into pat that the pass is much safer & effective for quarterbacks, and thatll be dan hennings job.

Also the way this guy dances around the field, I dont see us taking too many sacks when he's behind center. And theres so many ways we can use him, whether it be for kr/pr, wildcat qb(who dont forget lines up at WR) we can use him for double passes, fleaflickers, reverses, reverse passes, screens, screen double passes, and all the while still keeping the safeties at home with his deep ball threat, he can probably reach ginn 60 yards down field at the same time.

Opposing defenses will have a handfull if we use this guy the right way. Im excited!

BillParFan
04-27-2009, 01:38 PM
Well at least the gambled at greatness....in a very UnParcellian way.

Yes............and no.

If you go by the picks alone I'd agree, UnParcellian.

If you consider BPs "If they want you to cook the dinner, at least they ought to let you shop for some of the groceries", I'd say that he has enough confidence in Tony and Ireland that he alloweded them to buy most of the groceries this time around.

There is more than meets they eye here.

No doubt!:hi5:

Zounds
04-27-2009, 02:06 PM

Our FO is obviously better than we thought because Mike Lombardi said so.

fishypete
04-27-2009, 02:44 PM
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2009/04/img11680368-1.jpg

Will he run? Will he pass? A terrific running quarterback, Pat White is a perfect choice for Miami's gadget formation.

Pat White. Pro scouts didn't take him seriously as a quarterback, but they loved his workout at the combine. Perfect for the "Wildcat" offense, people said, because he can run and throw and catch. Hmmm, let's see, who runs the Wildcat? Oh, yeah, it's Dan Henning and the Miami Dolphins. Talk about an ideal fit.

Lombardi;

MIAMI: I think this draft is sneaky good. I Love Pat White and love the fact he will compete for a job. He'll surprise people with his accuracy and talent. This draft was a classic size/speed draft, which is right up my alley

CW_McGraw
04-27-2009, 05:00 PM
pat white at best is a doug flutie calibur QB AT BEST !!?!?!?! LMAO what do you see in pat white that even resembles doug flutie?

Doug Flutie was a short QB who could scramble. Teams with him as a starter were always looking for a more "legitimate" looking QB. I don't think it's nearly as absurd as you think it to compare Pat White to Doug Flutie, simply in terms of what he can become. Right now, obviously he is not very Doug Flutie like because he's far from being a polished passer.

DcRy82
04-27-2009, 05:39 PM
Yea.. It is....

aqua&orange13
04-29-2009, 01:47 PM
Doug Flutie was a short QB who could scramble. Teams with him as a starter were always looking for a more "legitimate" looking QB. I don't think it's nearly as absurd as you think it to compare Pat White to Doug Flutie, simply in terms of what he can become. Right now, obviously he is not very Doug Flutie like because he's far from being a polished passer.

I understand where your coming from, and I agree, pat white is a little on the smaller side for a quarterback, and he will most definitely be a scrambler like flutie, but his athleticism overshadows flutie's by a mile and a half. And as far as his height being an issue, drew brees is barely over 6ft, and hes dominating.

Right now, we can only compare stats/numbers, lets wait and see how big his intangibles are.. heart/desire/passion which is what really makes a player great, we all know flutie/brees showed it in their game

PhinzN703
04-29-2009, 02:20 PM

Why? Because Lombardi says so? Positive or negative, none of what any of those TV personalities says means a friggin thing.

PhinzN703
04-29-2009, 02:22 PM

Only one day passed since he was drafted but you already label the guy the worst pick in Dolphins history. Do you realize why you shouldn't be taken seriously?

Pinkboy
04-29-2009, 03:02 PM

With that said..

What a terrible post.. Ronnie has a 4.5 yards per carry average while Bush is well under 4. And Bush had a better O-line than what Brown has had overall in his Miami career.

All Bush is is a 3rd down scat back who can't run between the tackles.

Pinkboy
04-29-2009, 03:08 PM
Yes............and no.

If you go by the picks alone I'd agree, UnParcellian.

If you consider BPs "If they want you to cook the dinner, at least they ought to let you shop for some of the groceries", I'd say that he has enough confidence in Tony and Ireland that he alloweded them to buy most of the groceries this time around.

It wasn't a Tony or Ireland pick, it was a Parcells pick.. Charley Casserly said that Parcells told him a year ago that if Pat White was there with the first 2nd round pick, that he would pick him. Parcells is in love with the kid and thinks he is everything a football player should be.

The guy on Monday night countdown echoed that sentiment. He said Parcells asked him for Arkansas gametapes when Parcells was out of football while he was working monday night countdown. PArcells saw the gametapes and was fascinated with the wildcat formations. Then when Parcells becomes Miami's president, he immediately hires David Lee from Arkansas, the founder of the wildcat there.

Make no mistake about it, Pat White was a Parcells pick all the way. And it was Parcells who was the true orchestator of the Wildcat coming to Miami and being a staple in our offense.

ArmyFin7
04-29-2009, 03:10 PM
LOL....heart, desire, and passion??? Those are 3 things about this guy that you cannot question. This kids whole career he has done nothing but prove everyone that says he can't be a Qb WRONG....If your only questions are his heart, desire, and passion just watch the way he plays....every time WV needed a big play, IT WAS HIM...making the plays with his arm and his legs. He may not make it as an NFL qb, but it definately wont be for lack of heart, desire, or passion.

ArmyFin7
04-29-2009, 03:11 PM
I think you will see Parcells take a special interest in White during TC...moreso than he had in Ricky last season.

Pitbull13
04-29-2009, 06:47 PM

You are replacing Pennington :crazy:

jhortondj2
04-29-2009, 11:51 PM

HUH???? Are you talking about the white QB or the QB White?????????....nevermind, I probably am better off not knowing what your talking about.

jhortondj2
04-30-2009, 12:44 AM
Our front office has been doing this a long time and they have a tremendous amount of resources to draw from, and with their reputations on the line.....the results will be the measuring stick. Here are a few observations about some trends I am noticing.....

1)they don't really care what looks like the best value

2)everyone is expendable

3)growth is based on successful integration of parts that relieve the burden and increase the longevity of existing parts

4)overdrafting positions upgrades depth while increasing the level of competition

5)play counts will be adhered to (formula based, based on individual player not position)

6)versatility is always graded highly (like adding roster spots)

7)I usually understand what's happening here much better in retrospect

Pat White may not be the right move in the long run, but he should create increased opportunities for our playmakers while sharing the play count burden. Creating uncertainty in the opponent is the norm for any good OC, but being able to truly dictate the defensive set is far from common and quite often a very successful venture. WOW I REALLY HOPE THIS WORKS

P.S. If PW does force CH to 3rd string as this regime has obviously considered allowing to happen, I am anxiously nervous for CH's mindset and continued progress......good thing he seems so unshakeable!!!

AlexISaFaN
04-30-2009, 01:08 AM
Can i jumpz on the bandwagon before it leaves the station ?

FaithfulFinFan
04-30-2009, 01:08 AM

I don't think Pat White was picked exclusively for the wildcat. I think the Fins think of him as a legit pro QB who happens to be a great fit for the wildcat. He will compete with Henne to be the next starting QB for the Fins. Guy has a lot of talent for such a small body. He has been proving many wrong so we shall see if he can do the same at the pro level.

Pinkboy
04-30-2009, 03:25 AM
Our front office has been doing this a long time and they have a tremendous amount of resources to draw from, and with their reputations on the line.....the results will be the measuring stick. Here are a few observations about some trends I am noticing.....

1)they don't really care what looks like the best value

2)everyone is expendable

3)growth is based on successful integration of parts that relieve the burden and increase the longevity of existing parts

4)overdrafting positions upgrades depth while increasing the level of competition

5)play counts will be adhered to (formula based, based on individual player not position)

6)versatility is always graded highly (like adding roster spots)

7)I usually understand what's happening here much better in retrospect

Pat White may not be the right move in the long run, but he should create increased opportunities for our playmakers while sharing the play count burden. Creating uncertainty in the opponent is the norm for any good OC, but being able to truly dictate the defensive set is far from common and quite often a very successful venture. WOW I REALLY HOPE THIS WORKS

P.S. If PW does force CH to 3rd string as this regime has obviously considered allowing to happen, I am anxiously nervous for CH's mindset and continued progress......good thing he seems so unshakeable!!!

Some of that there is what building a "team" is about.

SnakeoilSeller
04-30-2009, 08:04 AM
Think the difficult part for a lot of us and were not sure where and how often he will be used. The obvious position is QB in the Wildcat. If that's it I would be disappointed to pick a second rounder for 6 or 7 plays a game.

That seems to be the consensus, but it made me think why is that such a bad thing. We are not talking about a normal 6-7 plays per game. If there was a WR at #44 that the FO projected he will probably average 6-7 catches per game, average 10 yards per catch, that would be 1200 yards receiving for the year. That is what White can do, plus just put him in the game without the wildcat (maybe the slot) now the Defense has to be worried about all of his abilities. I was skeptical at first, but the more I think about it, the more I like it.

normaniii
04-30-2009, 08:37 AM
no no no - He would be replacing Chad Pennington in the Wildcat. I was going to name the many reasons why.....but i dont want to belittle fin fans as i know...... they already know.

Just think Nasty 6 Man O Line with Brown, Ricky, White, Ginn and Fasano lining up behind them. Will they run, pass, PA, screen, flea flick, reverse....bloody hell they may even PA, fake the reverse, throw to White lining up at WR then he bombs one down field to Jake Long who was lining up at TE:up:

matt11390
04-30-2009, 02:49 PM
If Pat White is anything remotely as good as he was in college, I hope the staff puts him as our 1st string QB and we allow our offense to grow into an upridictable and unstoppable and exciting offense. I look at it as we have White and Henne, which is a win/win for Miami which ever direction they decide to go.

fishypete
04-30-2009, 03:40 PM
White might be the perfect fit for the Wildcat package. In four years with the Mountaineers, he passed for 6,051 yards and 56 touchdowns and rushed for 4,480 yards and 47 touchdowns. . . "

And the Lions and Jets took who? :lol:

103 total TD'S....over 10,500 yds total offense.

ROADRUNNER
05-01-2009, 09:27 AM
i just dont like the pick at all,there was more needs on the board at the time.
but i dont pick the players the f/o do, so im fine with that.....