PDA

View Full Version : ****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thejetssuck
04-27-2009, 09:00 AM
Frantz Joseph signed with the Raiders and Dudley Guice signed with the Titans. Can you believe Jeff Ireland saying they were out of people to pick by the time they hit the later rounds? Sounds like some ******* hadn't been doing his homework. Thanks Jeff, you ****ing ****** **** *******. Way to not be prepared for the draft you ****ing douche!

X-Pacolypse
04-27-2009, 09:02 AM
I'm guessing you're still mad that they didn't draft Hakeem Nicks?

Phinatic8u
04-27-2009, 09:06 AM
Frantz Joseph signed with the Raiders and Dudley Guice signed with the Titans. Can you believe Jeff Ireland saying they were out of people to pick by the time they hit the later rounds? Sounds like some ******* hadn't been doing his homework. Thanks Jeff, you ****ing ****** **** *******. Way to not be prepared for the draft you ****ing douche!

Ok what makes you think they were good??? if they werent dratfed they must not be good enough to play on our team :crazy:

Etuoo33
04-27-2009, 09:08 AM
Thank the stars you are not our GM.

thejetssuck
04-27-2009, 09:09 AM
There's about 10-15 other players I would have taken over Vontae Davis with our 1st pick.

SuperMarksBros.
04-27-2009, 09:10 AM
wow. get a grip.

godolphins1985
04-27-2009, 09:10 AM
I cant see how someone can be so irrate with a FO that took us to the playoffs and had solid draft picks last season. What is so upsetting about this draft? We addressed major needs regardless who they got that you liked. Take a deep breath everything will be ok, there are reasons to why Parcells has been successful everywhere hes been.

Danny
04-27-2009, 09:11 AM
some people misunderstand everything.....what Jeff meant was that at that point his draft board was done as far as players they were willing to draft and therefor traded away their last 7th round pick....in return they'll get KC's 7th next year which is supposed to be a draft with way more talent and if KC has another bad year that pick will be a high 7.

Ozzy rules!!

godolphins1985
04-27-2009, 09:12 AM
There's about 10-15 other players I would have taken over Vontae Davis with our 1st pick.

Who would have you drafted? Vontae was easily the best CB available and that is our major need.

Phinatic8u

:foundout: Who?? are biggest need and the best Cb in the draft nd we got him

NCFINFAN13
Maybe they weren't high on those guys.

Mcganiel
04-27-2009, 09:16 AM
We needed a corner period. we were 25th in the league defending the pass. Davis is talent that we will have for years to come. The Sean smith pick was awsome. Our seconbdary is now NFL Caliber.

MustangFinFan
04-27-2009, 09:16 AM
hey jetssuck, can you give us your 7 round mock draft? Who would u have picked?

Realistically. AKA, NOT:

1. Matt Stafford.
2a. BJ Raji.
2b. Brian Cushing
R3. Hakeem Nicks
R4. Michael Crabtree
R5. Aaron Curry
R6. Brandon Pettigrew
7a. Aaron Maybin
7b. Tyson Jackson

godolphins1985
04-27-2009, 09:23 AM
Our FO got all big needs for us, we got some big WR, some solid talented CB a replacement TE for next year and a gadget player/Beck replacement in White. Whats not to like? Mind you yes i thought White was takin a tad to early but i think he was gonna be gone if we didnt pick him.

miamiron
04-27-2009, 09:27 AM
Ok what makes you think they were good??? if they werent dratfed they must not be good enough to play on our team :crazy:

Somebody better get your memo to Devon Bess since
he went undrafted last year and ...oh yes,made our team and did pretty darn good

Phinatic8u
04-27-2009, 09:28 AM
Somebody better get your memo to Devon Bess since
he went undrafted last year and ...oh yes,made our team and did pretty darn good

Yes but we wanted him we dont want these guys or we wouldve gotten them

emeraldfin
04-27-2009, 09:30 AM

Davone Bess

SpurzN703
04-27-2009, 09:31 AM

You aren't the GM so lucky for the Dolphins, what you want is irrelevant.

Phinatic8u
04-27-2009, 09:41 AM
Davone Bess

We wanted him not these players

fgrocker
04-27-2009, 09:42 AM
It was definitely worth at least picking Joseph up with the last 7th rounder rather than some guy out of Weber State who is too small for OLB and we don't need any more safeties...doesn't make sense...

thejetssuck
04-27-2009, 09:54 AM
Here is how my draft would have looked.

1. Hakeem Nicks
2.a Clint Sintim
2.b Sean Smith
3. D.J Moore
4. James Casey
5.a. Jamon Meredith
5.b Frantz Joseph
6. A.Q Shipley
7.a Rashad Jennings
7.b Dudley Guice

Geforce
04-27-2009, 09:55 AM
It was definitely worth at least picking Joseph up with the last 7th rounder rather than some guy out of Weber State who is too small for OLB and we don't need any more safeties...doesn't make sense...
Folsom is not looked upon as an OLB by the Dolphins, he will play ILB.

After signing with the Raiders, I have to question the intelligence of Joseph.

Who besides you says we don't need anymore safeties? Especially one with coverage abilities.

godolphins1985
04-27-2009, 10:06 AM

1. Hakeem Nicks
2.a Clint Sintim
2.b Sean Smith
3. D.J Moore
4. James Casey
5.a. Jamon Meredith
5.b Frantz Joseph
6. A.Q Shipley
7.a Rashad Jennings
7.b Dudley Guice

DJ moore was picked in the 4th round and yet you wanted him in the 3rd?
We got better CB's by picking Davis first and then drafting a multi versatile player in White and 2 other tall WR's.

MDFinFan06
04-27-2009, 10:08 AM
Nicks was one of my top choices by who i figured would be around and he probably was for the dolphins too. But how can you say there are 10-15 players available better than Davis at that time? I didnt think there was a chance he was gunna fall that far. I love the Davis pick. I agree i dont like hearing Ireland now say the draft isnt everything, meanwhile before the draft it seemed like everything. Realisically you can only do so much in a draft and its obvious even after the draft we have a few holes to fill. Such as LB and Dline which we barely touched on at all. But the fact were set at CB and have more depth and competition at WR is a HUGE step to becoming a better team.

SabanHater
04-27-2009, 10:10 AM
we won the division in the first year with Parcells and Ireland.
Obviously they know what their doing. Have some faith in the
guys that gave you the most exciting season of football in years.

thejetssuck
04-27-2009, 10:15 AM
DJ moore was picked in the 4th round and yet you wanted him in the 3rd?
We got better CB's by picking Davis first and then drafting a multi versatile player in White and 2 other tall WR's.

A lot of people predicted DJ Moore going in the 2nd, so it isn't like it was some huge reach like Brian ****ing Hartline in the 4th. Oh, Dudley Guice is 6'3 and Hakeem Nicks is 6'1, both big enough for me.

Chubby
04-27-2009, 10:17 AM
I was really hoping they would have picked Samie Lee Hill, he was there ready to be picked by the fins with our 4th round pick. He ended up going 7 pics later :(

godolphins1985
04-27-2009, 10:19 AM
A lot of people predicted DJ Moore going in the 2nd, so it isn't like it was some huge reach like Brian ****ing Hartline in the 4th. Oh, Dudley Guice is 6'3 and Hakeem Nicks is 6'1, both big enough for me.

Did you think that we needed a WR more than a CB?

Also Davis is a better talent that Nicks regardless of more need.

thejetssuck
04-27-2009, 10:19 AM
I was really hoping they would have picked Samie Lee Hill, he was there ready to be picked by the fins with our 4th round pick. He ended up going 7 pics later :(

Would definitely have been a better pick than Brian Hartline.

ticophin
04-27-2009, 10:28 AM
There is another "slight" advantage that Parcells and Ireland have above us all....They have a whole team of scouts, a whole library of video, countless interviews, first class seats to games,combine, and workouts, and the very BEST idea of WHO and WHERE are our priorities...For god sakes, they run the team!!!!

bdmagnum
04-27-2009, 10:32 AM
Would definitely have been a better pick than Brian Hartline.
How do you know? What makes you such an expert at evaluating talent? If you think you can do a better job, submit your resume and see how far you get.

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/sammie-lee-hill?id=79571#player-profile-tab-set-1:player-profile-tab-analysis

NFL analysis of him says he "Doesn't chase or hustle consistently." Maybe Parcells doesn't like that about him. Either way, I'll take my chances with Parcells and Co.

thejetssuck
04-27-2009, 10:34 AM
Did you think that we needed a WR more than a CB?

Also Davis is a better talent that Nicks regardless of more need.

On that we will just have to disagree.

Though CB was a bigger need, Nicks would have been a much better value imo. Plus, there were plenty of good CB's available in the second and third rounds. I hope and pray that I am wrong, but I think Vonte Davis is gonna be a bust like his brother.

thejetssuck
04-27-2009, 10:35 AM

Though CB was a bigger need, Nicks would have been a much better value imo. Plus, there were plenty of good CB's available in the second and third rounds. I hope and pray that I am wrong, but I think Vonte Davis is gonna be a bust like his brother.

On a side, note, I LOVED the Sean Smith pick. By FAAAAAAR the best pick we made in the draft.

thejetssuck
04-27-2009, 10:41 AM
How do you know? What makes you such an expert at evaluating talent? If you think you can do a better job, submit your resume and see how far you get.

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/sammie-lee-hill?id=79571#player-profile-tab-set-1:player-profile-tab-analysis

NFL analysis of him says he "Doesn't chase or hustle consistently." Maybe Parcells doesn't like that about him. Either way, I'll take my chances with Parcells and Co.

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2009/04/n12456620_41106581_9556-1.jpg

nuff said.

thejetssuck
04-27-2009, 10:43 AM

Here's another.

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2009/04/brian_hartline_bending_over_fiance-1.jpg

a1csiriaS
04-27-2009, 10:45 AM

Are you serious dude? how can you consider Vernon Davis a bust give me some facts. How do you know your beloved Nicks is going to be the next Jerry Rice I mean thats what your making it sound like.No one ever knows for sure how college players will play in the pros so I say just relax and let it be Davis was the pure CB in the draft. Plus Big Tuna gets pay to do this for a living so I trust the FO.

jtsacksyou
04-27-2009, 10:48 AM
Good thing your not our GM, this happens every year. You "Draft Analysists" think you know who the best players are and where they should go. How many of you were happy when we got Kendall langford last year, you guys were probably like ****!! we could've got _____ with that pick! Looking back on it, it was a great pick. You guys need to have faith. These guys know what they are doing.

finman38
04-27-2009, 10:49 AM
As i disagree with some of the picks, i'm going to take a wait and see appraoch and see how they perform on the field before i critisize the trifecta on there Draft.

godolphins1985
04-27-2009, 10:51 AM

We drafted 2 players ranked in top 5 outta corner backs, sorry but Nicks isnt what we were looking for in a player, not the type of WR we need right now. Corner backs we drafted were great picks.

FinHopeful
04-27-2009, 10:54 AM
The FO office have a clear strategy of getting bigger and tougher at every position. Jeff Ireland clearly stated that players are ranked into bands of equivalent talent. Decisions between equivalent talent players are made by position of need.

1. Hakeem Nicks

I do not believe that Hakeem Nicks is not tall enough to be rated at the same level as Vonte Davis. BP usually prefers receivers that are approximately 6' 3" or taller. Clay Mathews meets criteria for an outside linebacker, but I expect that Vonte Davis was rated higher.

2.a Clint Sintim

I do not understand the Pat White pick. He is more talented than Clint, but I do not understand how he fits into the FO blueprint.

2.b Sean Smith
3. D.J Moore

DJ is too short to be drafted by this FO. After seeing our DBs abused by big receivers last year, I completely agree with them. Most of the NFL agrees with him also since DJ went in the 4th.

4. James Casey

I am not sure why the FO went for Hartline. I do not know enough about Casey to comment. He is big enough, so it is not clear to me why he slipped another round.

5.a. Jamon Meredith
5.b Frantz Joseph
6. A.Q Shipley
7.a Rashad Jennings
7.b Dudley Guice