PDA

View Full Version : What MY draft would have looked like, Tell me what you think.

thejetssuck
04-27-2009, 10:18 AM
1. Hakeem Nicks
2.a Clint Sintim
2.b Sean Smith
3. D.J Moore
4. James Casey
5.a. Jamon Meredith
5.b Frantz Joseph
6. A.Q Shipley
7.a Rashad Jennings
7.b Dudley Guice

jim1
04-27-2009, 10:45 AM
1. Hakeem Nicks
2.a Clint Sintim
2.b Sean Smith
3. D.J Moore
4. James Casey
5.a. Jamon Meredith
5.b Frantz Joseph
6. A.Q Shipley
7.a Rashad Jennings
7.b Dudley Guice

I like that mock. Maybe Max Unger instead of Clint Sintim, though. I went against my instincts and put Sintim in my mock last minute, felt a bit uneasy about that.

Dolfan1000
04-27-2009, 11:18 AM
You do realize you have the advantage of knowing who will be available in which round, right? That is a major advantage. Pretty silly thread.

Oh, yes, your draft certainly has more name appeal than ours. Tell me, do most teams base their drafts on Kiper's Best Available? If so, then I guess the Dolphins are the only team that actually employs the use of their own scouts to generate player grades.

fishypete
04-27-2009, 11:20 AM
Other than Sean Smith...it's wrong.

thejetssuck
04-27-2009, 11:28 AM
You do realize you have the advantage of knowing who will be available in which round, right? That is a major advantage. Pretty silly thread.

Oh, yes, your draft certainly has more name appeal than ours. Tell me, do most teams base their drafts on Kiper's Best Available? If so, then I guess the Dolphins are the only team that actually employs the use of their own scouts to generate player grades.

It wouldn't have mattered, that is still how I would have drafted.

Quadfather
04-27-2009, 11:43 AM
i dont like drafting people just cause of "name recognition". it doesnt necassarily mean they are going to be good players. the front office takes alot of time and money scouting these players and i trust their judgement. they know more about building a team than you or I.

thejetssuck
04-27-2009, 12:25 PM
It wouldn't have mattered, that is still how I would have drafted.

Case and point, me taking Frantz Joseph with our 5th, even though he ended up going undrafted.

ShaBam
04-27-2009, 02:41 PM
Case and point, me taking Frantz Joseph with our 5th, even though he ended up going undrafted.

*GASP*

I can't believe you reached for a player!!! This is the worst draft in history I am SO MAD RIGHT NOW!

dlockz
04-27-2009, 04:48 PM

Maybe he did like many of us do and writes his selections down as he watches the draft. I personally always do this just as an excercise for future reference when I do my three year grade of our past drafts.

Also because you draft names doesnt mean you use Mel Kiper, did teh Giants and Eagles use Mel Kiper. In fact Kiper is no worse than anyone else. Also he did draft Joseph in the 5th round and he was drafting as you said he was he could take him in the 7th. Joseph was far from a big name.

dlockz
04-27-2009, 04:50 PM
i dont like drafting people just cause of "name recognition". it doesnt necassarily mean they are going to be good players. the front office takes alot of time and money scouting these players and i trust their judgement. they know more about building a team than you or I.

So since thats the case evry team has those same guys so no team made any mistakes in the draft

54dolfan9923
04-27-2009, 05:21 PM
Woulda shoulda coulda man.... btw josepsh was udfa so why draft him?

Dolphin39
04-27-2009, 05:25 PM
1. Hakeem Nicks
2.a Clint Sintim
2.b Sean Smith
3. D.J Moore
4. James Casey
5.a. Jamon Meredith
5.b Frantz Joseph
6. A.Q Shipley
7.a Rashad Jennings
7.b Dudley Guice

That would have been a very solid draft!!!!!!!!!!

TonySporanoTuna
04-27-2009, 05:44 PM
Smart. Draft a player who went undrafted.

72champagne
04-27-2009, 06:39 PM
yeah they could lower ticket prices by just asking Kiper who to take.

thejetssuck
04-27-2009, 09:23 PM
Smart. Draft a player who went undrafted.

Yeah, good thing we didn't "draft" Davone Bess in the 7th round last year, other wise we would have looked like complete idiots.:rolleyes2:

finner
04-27-2009, 10:08 PM
1. Hakeem Nicks
2.a Clint Sintim
2.b Sean Smith
3. D.J Moore
4. James Casey
5.a. Jamon Meredith
5.b Frantz Joseph
6. A.Q Shipley
7.a Rashad Jennings
7.b Dudley Guice

Ya know, you’re an obvious talent evaluating Einstein in arrears and you should replace that suckmeister Ireland no latter than tomorrow.

What a maven guru personnel genius you are.

Incredibly impressed!
:hi5:

Charlie Brown
04-27-2009, 10:23 PM
I dont think Clint Sintim was available for us in the 2nd round

thejetssuck
04-29-2009, 01:20 AM
Ya know, you’re an obvious talent evaluating Einstein in arrears and you should replace that suckmeister Ireland no latter than tomorrow.

What a maven guru personnel genius you are.

Incredibly impressed!
:hi5:

I'd like to see what Boomer and CK thought of this imaginary draft.

JCane
04-29-2009, 01:36 AM
Where's Pat White?

thejetssuck
04-29-2009, 08:31 AM
I dont think Clint Sintim was available for us in the 2nd round

He was available with our 2A pick.

burger13
04-29-2009, 09:46 AM
can we tell you in 2-3 years....how could we possibly judge your draft class before these guys ever see an NFL field?

thejetssuck
04-29-2009, 11:29 AM
can we tell you in 2-3 years....how could we possibly judge your draft class before these guys ever see an NFL field?

I plan on coming back to this post once year for the next three years to see how the guys i would have chose panned out.

Oraclepz
04-29-2009, 06:48 PM
That would have been a very solid draft!!!!!!!!!!

how would you know that???? They havent played a snap in the nfl... bring this up in 3 years and then ill make a comment on which draft was better

Oraclepz
04-29-2009, 06:49 PM

haha you beat me to it!:hi5:

ticophin
05-01-2009, 05:33 PM
Gyus, cant we understand that at the moment the 5th pick was chosen, a mere mortal like jetssuck would have no friggin idea Frantz Joseph would go undrafted?
If you like it, say so, if you have a different opinion, elaborate, period....

HybridPHIN 23
05-01-2009, 08:05 PM

:chuckle: I think Tuna & Co. knew who was available for each pick they made. Its nice to see someone actually say who they would have prefered instead of just complaining about who we chose.

j-off-her-doll
05-01-2009, 10:45 PM
I like our actual draft a great deal more than your mock. I thought we'd end up with Nicks, but I'm glad we didn't. I like Nicks, but I don't think he's the superstar talent V. Davis is.

I told my friend that I thought we'd end up with Nicks, provided the following didn't occur:

Maybin or E. Brown didn't fall to us. Obviously, the talk about wanting a pass rusher was a smokescreen, but I didn't know that pre-draft.

OR

The FO wasn't concerned about V. Davis' character issues.

. . .

I don't think C. Sintim is anywhere near the prospect C. Wake is, and if they were to take an OLB, I'd prefer C. Barwin over Sintim. I thought we might take him instead of P. White.

dr.jake
05-12-2009, 06:39 PM
the front office took ginn over willis.the front office took beck and traded a 2nd for culpepper and took a 2nd for welker (the late sam satele).eddie munster moore anybody. i don't know what they pay the "experts" but to answer your post...NO i don't blindly trust the front office. the dolphin draft track record frankly sucks imo.

Oraclepz
05-12-2009, 09:38 PM
the front office took ginn over willis.the front office took beck and traded a 2nd for culpepper and took a 2nd for welker (the late sam satele).eddie munster moore anybody. i don't know what they pay the "experts" but to answer your post...NO i don't blindly trust the front office. the dolphin draft track record frankly sucks imo.

While i do agree with you about blindly following the front office, i will say this every FO is different and this FO has earned the benefit of doubt seeing how their first draft went.

ticophin
06-11-2009, 04:30 PM

Not THIS front office.....

Ricky4Life
06-11-2009, 10:14 PM

How many of these players were selected by Parcells, Ireland or Sparano??? :rimshot: