PDA

View Full Version : 1984 Dan Marino PB Jersey

Phintaztik
10-16-2003, 09:12 PM
Last week, I bought an authentic 1984 Dan Marino Pro Bowl jersey and I was just wondering what some of you guys think its worth. (Basically just trying to see if I got a deal on it)

i2panzer
10-16-2003, 09:14 PM
why would you ever want to get rid of it?

i'm sure it could get a lot.. but incase not 20 bucks? ;)

Phintaztik
10-16-2003, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by i2panzer
why would you ever want to get rid of it?

i bought it, not sold it

Muck
10-16-2003, 09:17 PM
It's only worth like $35 nowdays. Sports memorabilia is overrated nowdays. I'd be happy to offer you $40 for your trouble. ;)

i2panzer
10-16-2003, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by Phintaztik

i bought it, not sold it

sorry i didn't read it right. i thought you said, to see if i can get a deal on it.

my bad... yeah keep that thing in glass and shine the glass everyday. it's priceless in my eyes. you got a deal on it.

Snickersbps
10-16-2003, 09:32 PM
well how bout you tell us how much you paid, and we'll tell you if you got a deal on it :)

grooves12
10-16-2003, 09:38 PM
The problem with Sports memorabilia is that some people mistakenly look at is as an investment. Sports shops promote this theory. It is the POOREST investment you can possibly make, financially.

However SENTIMENTAL value of these items is great. If you are happy with the price you paid for it. Then enjoy it. It is worth every penny if it makes you happy.

fin-atic
10-17-2003, 09:29 AM
First of all sports memorabilia value is in the eye of the beholder. If you love it then it's priceless.

To take it mainstream, the value is really not much different than an authentic Marino Jersey of the Dolphins. Unless its a real game used one. Then the value would be tremendous about $5,000.

The value of an authentic Marino jersey with sewn on letters, numbers and patches, and issued by the teams sportswear provider i.e., Reebok, Nike, etc. Is about $150-300 dollars. Depending on if you buy it retail new or auction used.

But I stress, if you love it then the value is worth whatever you paid.