PDA

View Full Version : Jim Mandich on the Pat White

jim1
04-28-2009, 12:39 PM
If the Dolphins didn't select Pat White when they did, how long would he have lasted? I think he would have been gone when Miami selected next. They did not want to have any regrets if they waited too long. I do know this, the Miami Dolphins got themselves a great football player that can help this team win games. It is going to be exciting to watch how the coaching staff uses him.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/football/pro/dolphins/sfl-jim-mandich-nfl-draft-0423909,0,5956835.story

Bleedin_Phins
04-29-2009, 04:21 AM
I do agree, if they didn't take in with #44, he would not have been there for our next pick.

finfan54
05-01-2009, 06:42 AM
It always takes a few days for it to sink in doesnt it? All I hear on Sirius NFL is how much this guy is going to change the game.

RonMexico7
05-01-2009, 07:32 AM
It always takes a few days for it to sink in doesnt it? All I hear on Sirius NFL is how much this guy is going to change the game.

you heard that about reggie bush. reggie was supposed to tear it up in the nfl. hell, they even made a new button on madden because of him.

dont believe the hype. the more pressure we put on this guy and the higher our expectations are the more disappointed we will be.

Gilo45
05-01-2009, 09:42 AM
The reason for picking him in 2a, was apparently because the Cowboys were real hot on getting him with their 2nd round pick. Our FO did the correct thing, play it safe and draft him early.

ryoung8918
05-01-2009, 11:21 AM
Doesn't matter where anyone else would have picked him. Miami picked him #44.

And multiple teams can be wrong, by the way. I hope White is the revolutionary prospect he's being made out to be for the 'Fins sake.

nyjunc
05-01-2009, 11:39 AM
Mandich is an objective voice:lol:

newlownorder
05-01-2009, 12:59 PM
Yeah, White wouldn't have lasted to our next 2nd round pick. I am totally fine with it because we also got Sean Smith.

jim1
05-01-2009, 01:33 PM
Mandich is an objective voice:lol:

He calls them like he sees them.

nyjunc
05-01-2009, 01:45 PM
He calls them like he sees them.

while wearing these:

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

SQuinn17
05-01-2009, 01:48 PM
while wearing these:

works for me.

jim1
05-01-2009, 03:01 PM
while wearing these:

Those actually look pretty good.

flynryan15
05-01-2009, 05:13 PM
while wearing these:

Seriously why are you on our board? Do the Giants not have a section on their message board for the jets? :lol::lol::lol:

nyjunc
05-02-2009, 07:39 AM
Seriously why are you on our board? Do the Giants not have a section on their message board for the jets? :lol::lol::lol:

Stick around a while flynn and you'll learn more about me but thanks for the question!

kcbrown
05-02-2009, 10:17 AM
I like those glasses, but you can only wear those on game day, otherwise you'll look like a complete a$$ (ok maybe fishing trips as well).

I can see it now, fly into Lauderdale (MIA is too expensive), hit South Beach, party all night, wake up hit the breakfast buffet at the Delano, hit the store to purchase your new Pat White jersey, call ur wife back home and tell her you are bored, put your teal glasses on and head to stadium for the Fins vs Pats game with your horrible hankie from back in the day in tow.

finfan54
05-02-2009, 10:55 AM
you heard that about reggie bush. reggie was supposed to tear it up in the nfl. hell, they even made a new button on madden because of him.

dont believe the hype. the more pressure we put on this guy and the higher our expectations are the more disappointed we will be.

Thats completely different. They were talking about him in a base offense. They werent talking about a new spread offense in the NFL. The Wildcat has already been proven it works. We are talking about a system, not a players attributes. But PW is talking about the attributes added to the sytem. It is the sytem that is the headache, not just the player.

nyjunc
05-03-2009, 06:30 AM
Thats completely different. They were talking about him in a base offense. They werent talking about a new spread offense in the NFL. The Wildcat has already been proven it works. We are talking about a system, not a players attributes. But PW is talking about the attributes added to the sytem. It is the sytem that is the headache, not just the player.

It proved to wrok last year, that doesn't mean it's established and will work from now on and it sure didn't work once you got into the playoffs. Maybe it does continue to work, maybe this was a great pick that will help take it to another level. We'll see.

finfan54
05-03-2009, 09:11 AM
It proved to wrok last year, that doesn't mean it's established and will work from now on and it sure didn't work once you got into the playoffs. Maybe it does continue to work, maybe this was a great pick that will help take it to another level. We'll see.

Your obviously counting on Ryan's defense to be like the Ravens where they moved 8/9 up in the box. We will indeed see. Oct. 12 is the day. Better cover all 5 receivers including the RB. Or is that the QB?

fishypete
05-03-2009, 02:20 PM

I'd say it work far better than Favre did, for the Jets...and I believe it will also work again...better than Sanchez. Once again...the Jets have their butts hanging up in the air...as well their future...with a QB that has only played in 16 games...and at that surrounded with more talent in the college level as the Jets have now.

nyjunc
05-04-2009, 07:38 AM
I'd say it work far better than Favre did, for the Jets...and I believe it will also work again...better than Sanchez. Once again...the Jets have their butts hanging up in the air...as well their future...with a QB that has only played in 16 games...and at that surrounded with more talent in the college level as the Jets have now.

We have more talent around our QB than youn guys do, we have a better prospect long term at QB than you guys do.

ArmyFin7
05-04-2009, 04:05 PM
Better prospect??? At least Henne has throw some NFL passes. Prospect = nothing.

SpurzN703
05-04-2009, 04:12 PM
We have more talent around our QB than youn guys do, we have a better prospect long term at QB than you guys do.

So Sanchez is better then Henne?

nyjunc
05-04-2009, 04:15 PM
Better prospect??? At least Henne has throw some NFL passes. Prospect = nothing.

A better prospects will go in the top 5 than in the 2nd rd. That doesn't mean Sanchez will be better(though I'd bet anything I have tha he will be) just that he is a better prospect.

So Sanchez is better then Henne?

See above.

SpurzN703
05-04-2009, 04:24 PM
A better prospects will go in the top 5 than in the 2nd rd. That doesn't mean Sanchez will be better(though I'd bet anything I have tha he will be) just that he is a better prospect.

See above.

Oh, that arguement.

See Ryan Leaf and company. Also visit Tom Brady and company afterwards

nyjunc
05-04-2009, 04:44 PM
Oh, that arguement.

See Ryan Leaf and company. Also visit Tom Brady and company afterwards

Ryan leaf was a better prospect than Brady, again it doens't mean a higher pick will turn out better but there is a reason one went in the top 5 and one went in round 2 and then watched his team take another QB in rd 2 the next year.

if you had a choice starting from scratch who would you take? sanchez or henne?

ArmyFin7
05-04-2009, 04:46 PM
Honestly, Henne.....stronger arm, a lot more playing experience in a conference with much larger stadiums.

nyjunc
05-04-2009, 04:49 PM
Honestly, Henne.....stronger arm, a lot more playing experience in a conference with much larger stadiums.

In a conf w/ much larger Stadiums? The Coliseum is a pretty large Stadium, the Rose Bowl holds over 100,000. Experience is nice but henne got worse each year he was in college and never had a year as good as Sanchez's '08 season plus the Big 10 is worse than the pac 10. We'll see what happens but I think Sanchez will be alot better than henne.

ArmyFin7
05-04-2009, 04:51 PM
I figure Qbs are such a crap shoot to draft, its just a huge gamble to go with a guy with 1 season of film to look at.

SpurzN703
05-04-2009, 04:59 PM
Ryan leaf was a better prospect than Brady, again it doens't mean a higher pick will turn out better but there is a reason one went in the top 5 and one went in round 2 and then watched his team take another QB in rd 2 the next year.

if you had a choice starting from scratch who would you take? sanchez or henne?

Ok, since Leaf was a better prospect then Brady, I'm glad you think Sanchez is a better prospect then Henne.

The reasons QBs get drafted earlier/later then others probably depends on all kinds of situations (team need, scouts, pro days).

I always admit I don't follow college football as thoroughly as others on this site so to claim I'd choose one over the other would be invalid. I do remember Henne being a good college QB and I also remember Sanchez being good as well.

Were either dominant? Did they win a title? Who the hell knows who is better.

I can't wait for the Phins to win the SB (hopefully by the time I'm 100). I hope you'll still be around b/c I know you'll still insist the Jets are better then the Phins in every single aspect.

nyjunc
05-04-2009, 05:08 PM
Ok, since Leaf was a better prospect then Brady, I'm glad you think Sanchez is a better prospect then Henne.

The reasons QBs get drafted earlier/later then others probably depends on all kinds of situations (team need, scouts, pro days).

I always admit I don't follow college football as thoroughly as others on this site so to claim I'd choose one over the other would be invalid. I do remember Henne being a good college QB and I also remember Sanchez being good as well.

Were either dominant? Did they win a title? Who the hell knows who is better.

I can't wait for the Phins to win the SB (hopefully by the time I'm 100). I hope you'll still be around b/c I know you'll still insist the Jets are better then the Phins in every single aspect.

Brady didn't drop to the 6th rd b/c of team needs, scouts, pro days. The draft is a crapshoot, sometimes good players get taken later and busts taken earlier.

Sanchez was better than henne, his 1 year was better than any year Henne had. He didn't win a title but he shouldn't even have been playing early in the year b/c of his knee injury but he showed tremendous guts coming back early and leading his team to a great year. In 1 year he did what henne couldn't do in 4- beat OSU.

I call it as I see it. Any objective peson realized we had more talent around our QB last year and the difference was the QB. We were foolish enough to hand you a good starting QB and take a chance w/ an old, overrated QB.

95 out of 100 people would tell you they think Sanchez will be better than henne. Again, that doesn't gurantee anything but I am alot happier w/ Sanchez than I would be w/ Henne.

ArmyFin7
05-04-2009, 05:14 PM
95 out of 100 people thought Leaf and all these other 1st rd busts would be great pros as well. Im not saying Sanchez will be a bust bc if I could predict these things Id have a job in the NFL somewhere. I think we'll have a lot better idea of Henne after the pre-season. Im guessing he'll be taking around 65% of the snaps.

nyjunc
05-04-2009, 05:17 PM
95 out of 100 people thought Leaf and all these other 1st rd busts would be great pros as well. Im not saying Sanchez will be a bust bc if I could predict these things Id have a job in the NFL somewhere. I think we'll have a lot better idea of Henne after the pre-season. Im guessing he'll be taking around 65% of the snaps.

I am not saying Sanchez is a lock but I feel extremely confident about him. We'll see.

ArmyFin7
05-04-2009, 05:18 PM
Just tell rex not to start him on a monday nighter again philly....people here seem to think that what ruined beck....truth is Beck just sucked.....speakking of where has FTP been? Still in hiding?

nyjunc
05-04-2009, 05:27 PM
Just tell rex not to start him on a monday nighter again philly....people here seem to think that what ruined beck....truth is Beck just sucked.....speakking of where has FTP been? Still in hiding?

I don't think Beck got a shot. The one thing I don't want Rex to do is rush Sanchez. If he's ready start him week 1 but if not start Clemens and see what happens.

ArmyFin7
05-04-2009, 07:01 PM
Rotoworld says it look like Rex already made up his mind to have Sanchez start week 1....the Jets should have a decent defense, but it won't be the same as what Flacco had to rely on.

nyjunc
05-05-2009, 07:47 AM
Rotoworld says it look like Rex already made up his mind to have Sanchez start week 1....the Jets should have a decent defense, but it won't be the same as what Flacco had to rely on.

Sites like rotoworld get info from other articles. It does sound like he wants sanchez to start and he'll get the benefit of the doubt but if he proves he's not ready in camp and preseason they have to start Clemens.

Our D has the potential to be big time but of course we can't expect in year 1 for it to be anywhere near as good as Baltimore last year BUT we also have much better weapons on O for our QB so we'll see. I don't have high expectations for 2009 right now but that could change.

SpurzN703
05-05-2009, 09:40 AM

I had seen somewhere that for now, Clemens was ahead of Sanchez. I also heard Culpepper is ahead of Stafford, for now.

nick1
05-05-2009, 11:21 AM

true but that was when we played the Ravens one of the better defenses in the NFL it also didn't work when we played them earlier on in the season. the Ravens are too disciplined and won't get confused but who knows pat white will change the wild cat to be tougher to defend against

nick1
05-05-2009, 11:27 AM
Sites like rotoworld get info from other articles. It does sound like he wants sanchez to start and he'll get the benefit of the doubt but if he proves he's not ready in camp and preseason they have to start Clemens.

Our D has the potential to be big time but of course we can't expect in year 1 for it to be anywhere near as good as Baltimore last year BUT we also have much better weapons on O for our QB so we'll see. I don't have high expectations for 2009 right now but that could change.

better weapons? who exactly is better? your TE is better then Todd Heap? thats laughable, your WRs are better then Mason and Clayton? I doubt that not when you lost Coles and drafted who? nobody thats right. RBs are better I will give you guys that

nyjunc
05-05-2009, 11:27 AM
true but that was when we played the Ravens one of the better defenses in the NFL it also didn't work when we played them earlier on in the season. the Ravens are too disciplined and won't get confused but who knows pat white will change the wild cat to be tougher to defend against

We'll see.

nyjunc
05-05-2009, 11:41 AM
better weapons? who exactly is better? your TE is better then Todd Heap? thats laughable, your WRs are better then Mason and Clayton? I doubt that not when you lost Coles and drafted who? nobody thats right. RBs are better I will give you guys that

Better RBs- TJ and leon are better than McLain and McGahee
Cotchery- they don't have a WR as good as Cotch
Heap has had a better career but last year he had 35 recs, in Keller's rookie year he had 48 recs.

Clayton has one season over 60 recs, Cotch has 3 over 70.
Mason gives Bal a better chance but he's getting older and declining.

Last 3 years Cotch vs. Mason:
Cotch: 235 recs, 2949 yds, 12.5 yards per, 13 TDs
Mason: 251 recs, 2874 yds, 11.4 Yards per, 12 TDs

Breadfan
05-06-2009, 09:51 AM

See above.

Sanchez is spanish for "Ryan Leaf".

nyjunc
05-06-2009, 09:53 AM
Sanchez is spanish for "Ryan Leaf".

Henne is English for John Beck.

Finch83
05-06-2009, 04:10 PM
LOL
Why is nyjunc posting in the MIAMI DOLPHINS Draft board???

Finch83
05-06-2009, 04:10 PM
Henne is English for John Beck.
You FAIL at being funny.
We shall see how the Dirty Sanchez does.:thanks: