PDA

View Full Version : Swine Flu

dolfan94
04-28-2009, 04:32 PM
The talk in the U.S. right now everywhere. This will be the thread to keep us updated. So far, its stayed away from Florida. There is one case in Orlando from a Mexican tourist which is not yet known if its from the swine flu.

Bumpus
04-28-2009, 06:07 PM
AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

We're all gonna DIE!!!!

Seriously though, I'm not too worried about it.

JCane
04-28-2009, 06:19 PM
RIP dannyboycane13

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

CedarPhin
04-28-2009, 06:30 PM
It's all overblown. Don't read anything into it. Every medical professional I know has told me not to worry about it.

It's just like SARS, the Bird Flu, everything else. I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Tetragrammaton
04-28-2009, 08:31 PM
There were reports that it was in Orlando, which would make sense with tourism.

The only pandemic I will ever worry about is the zombie pandemic.

BARF
04-28-2009, 08:34 PM
i saw a map where it was all over the west coast, and ny was the only place on the ease coast, makes me wonder if mark sanchez is carrying that from mexico to cali, to ny possibility. thoughts

Noodle Arm
04-28-2009, 09:37 PM

It has already begun!...

CedarPhin
04-29-2009, 12:56 AM
I've got the Owl flu. Whenever I cough, I let out a hoot.

MustangFinFan
04-29-2009, 09:27 AM
The reason people in mexico are dying from it, is because they are in bad health anyway. A toddler in Texas died from it, but then again its a toddler. Healthy people, near good hospitals, in good areas, should survive it.

But in times like this...plenty of vitamin c and good nutrients are whats best. I dont think ive eaten a single bit of junk food in 2 weeks. Keeping your body healthy and feeding it good nutrition is essential, especially in times like this. In a way, I sort of agree with CedarPhin, im sure its overblown (the media doing what it does best, overblowing things)...but it still doesnt hurt to keep your body healthy.

243 people died last year from bird flu
150,000 approximately from tobacco
108,000 approximately from alcohol
445,000 approximately from heart disease

so what should you be more worried about?

PassRush
04-29-2009, 10:00 AM
There were reports that it was in Orlando, which would make sense with tourism.

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2009/04/zombiekit-1.jpg

SpurzN703
04-29-2009, 10:00 AM
The reason people in mexico are dying from it, is because they are in bad health anyway. A toddler in Texas died from it, but then again its a toddler. Healthy people, near good hospitals, in good areas, should survive it.

But in times like this...plenty of vitamin c and good nutrients are whats best. I dont think ive eaten a single bit of junk food in 2 weeks. Keeping your body healthy and feeding it good nutrition is essential, especially in times like this. In a way, I sort of agree with CedarPhin, im sure its overblown (the media doing what it does best, overblowing things)...but it still doesnt hurt to keep your body healthy.

Better hope that Flu isn't anywhere near us in area code 703 :hump:

MustangFinFan
04-29-2009, 06:38 PM
Better hope that Flu isn't anywhere near us in area code 703 :hump:

gosh i hope not. but i heard on the news earlier that a POSSIBLE swine flu was found in people in baltimore county and anne arundel county i think.

gah, ud think if people knew they were sick, theyd STAY HOME. but no, they gotta travel all over the place and make others sick.

MustangFinFan
04-29-2009, 07:48 PM
id also like to add....18,000 people have died from the COMMON flu since january 2009.

does anyone remember bird flu? we heard about it for months, then it went away? i think the media is just doing what it does best....scaring people away from living their lives.

Arsenal WV
04-29-2009, 08:14 PM
Stay out of the 304 (WV)

Please.

Gonzo
04-29-2009, 08:46 PM
Round trip tickets to Cancun this weekend right now for $264 after tax! Sweet!

Gonzo
04-29-2009, 08:47 PM
Stay out of the 304 (WV)

Please.
Don't worry. :lol:

:hi5:

Arsenal WV
04-29-2009, 08:53 PM
It kind of freaks me out, because there are alot of people at the college I go to from the Baltimore area, where a few swine flu cases have been found. So who knows

I'm not too worried, I think the media is blowing this up WAY too much though

Gonzo
04-29-2009, 09:02 PM
It kind of freaks me out, because there are alot of people at the college I go to from the Baltimore area, where a few swine flu cases have been found. So who knows

I'm not too worried, I think the media is blowing this up WAY too much though
You think that's scary? I live in Texass. It's already killed 4.1106633x10-8% of our population!

Arsenal WV
04-29-2009, 09:09 PM
lol

that's horrific! I'm fearing Zombies are coming next

Arsenal WV
04-29-2009, 10:42 PM
My question is, why is this an epidemic or whatever? dont Americans get the flu from other americans all the time? Why is this worse?

alan huber
04-29-2009, 11:23 PM

You my "friend" are a true ignorant kid..
to think Mexicans have bad health is truly ignorant.
you must be one of those guys which thinks that we move around in horses...
this flu raised a global level of concern around the world, not only Mexico(the country you go each summer to destroy but know nothing about it).

you should support your neighbor and show your respect to a crises that has taken the life (and will probably take more life's) of more then 240 people.

alan huber
04-29-2009, 11:27 PM
people ,, this is serious... i dont ask for paranoia but for respect to the magnitude of the problem

R-E-S-P-E-C-T
viva mexico , nosotros podemos con todo . carajo

PassRush
04-29-2009, 11:36 PM
Bah, I thought I would at least get a few thanks/laughing emoticons for my emergency zombie defense case. I actually own one, it is mounted by the door in my bedroom. My wife takes it down at least once a week and puts it in the closet. Next time I am bolting it in.

Gonzo
04-29-2009, 11:56 PM
this flu raised a global level of concern around the world, not only Mexico(the country you go each summer to destroy but know nothing about it).

you should support your neighbor and show your respect to a crises that has taken the life (and will probably take more life's) of more then 240 people.
I do support my neighbor. I support the end to intensive pig farming (intensive livestock farming in general, actually). I support acknowledging the mass water shortages and addressing some of the causes, such as overpopulation. I support providing the medications needed to help Mexico treat those with the illness, an illness that modern medicine can treat.

What is one of the ways I personally can support Mexico? By heading down there and having a good time spending money while the rest of the world freaks the **** out and puts on paper masks (which don't work). I love it when people are offended by tourists ("you go to each summer to destroy" ), but have no problem with the fact that it is one of the largest source of income in their country.

fishfanfromjerz
04-30-2009, 12:29 AM
Has you ever seen an alcoholic with a bad cold?

just a thought to ponder............

Arsenal WV
04-30-2009, 12:35 AM

This lady is from Mexico City. She's one of the victims of the Flu I believe

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2009/04/uglygirl-1.jpg

Dolphan7
04-30-2009, 01:34 AM
I am not afraid of catching swine flu, but we are scheduled to go to Mexico on May 11th, if the border is still open. And if we go, we may not be allowed back in the US if they close the border while we are down there. I hope this blows over and people get better and people take the precautions they should.

tylerdolphin
04-30-2009, 01:38 AM
I am not afraid of catching swine flu, but we are scheduled to go to Mexico on May 11th, if the border is still open. And if we go, we may not be allowed back in the US if they close the border while we are down there. I hope this blows over and people get better and people take the precautions they should.
Dont worry D7. If the border is closed while you are over there you can spend time with Arsenals girl:
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2009/04/uglygirl-1.jpg

Dolphan7
04-30-2009, 01:42 AM
Dont worry D7. If the border is closed while you are over there you can spend time with Arsenals girl:
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2009/04/uglygirl-1.jpgNot with a ten foot pole!

tylerdolphin
04-30-2009, 01:43 AM
Not with a ten foot pole!
A little dental work and :hitit:

Gonzo
04-30-2009, 01:44 AM
I am not afraid of catching swine flu, but we are scheduled to go to Mexico on May 11th, if the border is still open. And if we go, we may not be allowed back in the US if they close the border while we are down there. I hope this blows over and people get better and people take the precautions they should.Obama said it best, closing the border now would be like closing the barn door after all the horses are already out. Funny, we'll close the border to Mexico over this, but not even consider it to China over all the dangerous products we import from there.

$

Dolphan7
04-30-2009, 01:46 AM
Obama said it best, closing the border now would be like closing the barn door after all the horses are already out. Funny, we'll close the border to Mexico over this, but not even consider it to China over all the dangerous products we import from there.

$Or close it to all the illegal aliens ....oh never mind.

Gonzo
04-30-2009, 07:44 AM
Or close it to all the illegal aliens ....oh never mind.
It would be just as successful.

syborg
04-30-2009, 08:00 AM
There is growing panic amongst some folk here in the UK. . this is all nonsense. . it is FLU. . those of us in 'cleaner' countries with good healthcare systems and hygiene will be ok. . as is the case with regular flu it is the young and the elderly that are at greatest risk.

I hate the Media and the health organinsation for their hype and handling of this situation. .
When we see military sealing of whole towns and '28 days/weeks later' or 'I am Legend/Omega man' or 'outbreak' type scenarios then I shall worry. . lol

Im tired of hearing about this illness already. .

SpurzN703
04-30-2009, 09:10 AM
Hope the swine flu doesn't effect the RDS Holiday Cruise in May/June. :confused:

Nonsense, RDS is immune to all disease!

gosh i hope not. but i heard on the news earlier that a POSSIBLE swine flu was found in people in baltimore county and anne arundel county i think.

gah, ud think if people knew they were sick, theyd STAY HOME. but no, they gotta travel all over the place and make others sick.

Good thing I don't need to go to Maryland for anything then

syborg
04-30-2009, 09:46 AM
My work has just sent an email with a map of ALL swine flu cases. . outside Mexico there are just 149 cases WORLDWIDE. . hardly cause for panic. .!

Noodle Arm
04-30-2009, 11:02 AM
**Sneezes & Coughs all over this thread**

WVDolphan
04-30-2009, 03:51 PM
Stay out of the 304 (WV)

Please.

**** it. I hope just one person in the school district gets it, survives of course, but in the meantime they shut down the schools for a week or two. It would be great. :lol:

Arsenal WV
04-30-2009, 05:45 PM
That would be pretty awesome.

School out for everybody!

Bumpus
04-30-2009, 06:26 PM
:lol:
Works for me ...

WVDolphan
04-30-2009, 08:18 PM
:lol:
Works for me ...

Its hard to beat getting paid for not working bro. If it happens you can just start calling me John Beck. :up:

Finfang
04-30-2009, 08:41 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZTRnaiQ7Js

1 dol fan
04-30-2009, 09:48 PM
i saw a map where it was all over the west coast, and ny was the only place on the ease coast, makes me wonder if mark sanchez is carrying that from mexico to cali, to ny possibility. thoughts
So will all the Jets be home sick for the season? I hope so!!!*

*I'd like to make it known I wish no physical harm to the Jets players of their families that may be life threatening. I only want them hurt enough they can't play football... nothing more.

CedarPhin
04-30-2009, 09:58 PM
It's supposedly hitting around here...but I'm not too worried about it.

1 dol fan
04-30-2009, 10:10 PM
On that note, I will take a serious and well thought out approach to letting all know about my views on the swine flu...

biological warfare... Mexico fired the first shot in WW3!

eger
05-01-2009, 03:35 PM
I've had the flu, it sucks, I slept for 5 days and felt like crap. I got over it, I'm not too worried.

They say if you're getting sick see your doctor. If caught early, it can be treated easily. That's what we usually do with any illness (colds, flus, etc.).

Same thing, just a fancy name.

alan huber
05-07-2009, 12:52 AM
I do support my neighbor. I support the end to intensive pig farming (intensive livestock farming in general, actually). I support acknowledging the mass water shortages and addressing some of the causes, such as overpopulation. I support providing the medications needed to help Mexico treat those with the illness, an illness that modern medicine can treat.

What is one of the ways I personally can support Mexico? By heading down there and having a good time spending money while the rest of the world freaks the **** out and puts on paper masks (which don't work). I love it when people are offended by tourists ("you go to each summer to destroy" ), but have no problem with the fact that it is one of the largest source of income in their country.

the cost of the destruction some of the tourist cause (just a few) covers the most of the income we gather from the tourist who go to spring break ,,
I own a hotel in Acapulco believe me

Gonzo
05-07-2009, 01:13 AM
the cost of the destruction some of the tourist cause (just a few) covers the most of the income we gather from the tourist who go to spring break ,,
I own a hotel in Acapulco believe me
So the damage caused by tourists is equal to the 3rd or 4th largest source of income in Mexico? I'm going to need to see some evidence of that. More than "stupid gringos broke the tv in Room 201."

It is kind of funny to see a hotel owner complaining about his or her customers and sources of income. Kind of a microcosm of complaining about the entire country's large source of income in tourism.

Don't worry. Keep up the cartel violence and "pandemics" and Mexico won't have to worry about the the "destructive" gabachos spending their money there.

ih8brady
05-07-2009, 02:28 PM
Apparently the cause of swine flu has been discovered. Porcine populations living in heavily polluted, industrial areas led to an environment where mutated forms of the virus spread to the human population. Below is a graphic demonstrating this concept: