PDA

View Full Version : Oh Canada, Yeahhhhhh!!!

dolfan25
02-24-2002, 07:46 PM
Although I am a hardcore Fish fan I am also Canadian and I am ****ing going crazy. Yeah Canada rocks all. Gold in Women's and Gold in Men's Hockey. As for Ice's comments that Hockey is a joke in another thread, come on man grow up. I know you're a kid so maybe you should wait until some hair grows on your nuts before you make those kind of statements. Hockey may be a joke to you but it is a popular sport throughout a lot of the world. I've noticed you are a big basketball fan and let me tell you that the NBA is a joke especially since Jordan, Magic and Bird retired. The NBA is full of spoiled malcontents who shoot their limo drivers and are always bitchin about something. Plus hockey is a much better sport to watch live. The goddamn NBA plays music during the play. David Stern has actually taken away from the game by constantly putting other distractions on the court as soon as there is any stop in play.

Who cares CANADA is #1.

I know I'll take hell for this but the U.S. women's team put a Canadian flag on their dressing room floor for some sort of motivation. You know that no flag is ever supposed to touch the ground, and if the Canadians did that to the American flag we would never hear the end of it. I was happy to see those bitches crying when they lost to Canada. Stupid Cows

burghPhinFan
02-24-2002, 08:12 PM
So I'm not to upset the USA boys came back with silver. And really, Richter versus Broduer? We need better goalies!
;)

baccarat
02-24-2002, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by dolfan25
Although I am a hardcore Fish fan I am also Canadian and I am ****ing going crazy. Yeah Canada rocks all. Gold in Women's and Gold in Men's Hockey. As for Ice's comments that Hockey is a joke in another thread, come on man grow up. I know you're a kid so maybe you should wait until some hair grows on your nuts before you make those kind of statements. Hockey may be a joke to you but it is a popular sport throughout a lot of the world. I've noticed you are a big basketball fan and let me tell you that the NBA is a joke especially since Jordan, Magic and Bird retired. The NBA is full of spoiled malcontents who shoot their limo drivers and are always bitchin about something. Plus hockey is a much better sport to watch live. The goddamn NBA plays music during the play. David Stern has actually taken away from the game by constantly putting other distractions on the court as soon as there is any stop in play.

Who cares CANADA is #1.

I know I'll take hell for this but the U.S. women's team put a Canadian flag on their dressing room floor for some sort of motivation. You know that no flag is ever supposed to touch the ground, and if the Canadians did that to the American flag we would never hear the end of it. I was happy to see those bitches crying when they lost to Canada. Stupid Cows

Basketball is a very popular sport worldwide, especially in China. Most importantly, it is the only sport completely invented in the USA.

baccarat
02-24-2002, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by burghPhinFan
So I'm not to upset the USA boys came back with silver. And really, Richter versus Broduer? We need better goalies!
;)

Martin Broduer is the best, but only b/c Hasek is getting old. Not to take away from him, but Hasek was the best goalie in his prime.

dolfan87
02-24-2002, 08:43 PM
Wow 25, tell us how you really feel. LMAO

Hey congrats on the Hockey win, and I hope you feel better about the U.S. soon.

dolfan06
02-24-2002, 08:49 PM
in the defense of 1ce............ he didn't say hockey was a joke, he said hockey was a joke in the USA. maybe because so many here don't understand it.
if somebody was gonna win besides the USA, i'm glad it was canada. its a north american win and not eurasia!:D

miadphan13
02-24-2002, 08:52 PM
I didn't watch any Olympic hockey, but I am happy for Mario! :D I have claimed the Penguins as my hockey team since 91, but still looking for guys down here that like hockey. :rolleyes:

dolfan25
02-24-2002, 09:03 PM
it's just sometimes Americans (or American athletes)do things they know they shouldn't. I ask you if the Canadian Women mistreated the American flag, how would you feel. Most Canadians would never do that , but we do have our share of assholes, especially immigrants from the Middle East and Serbia who during the last 2 conflicts with the U.S. our immigrants from those areas have been an embarrassment, either putting the U.S down or protesting at their consulate in Toronto. I am of Scottish ancestry and am still a citizen of the United Kingdom but I consider myself Canadian, I've been here 25 of my 29 years on this earth and I love North America. I just came back from Miami in December and I loved it down there. I'm just pissed at the U.S. women's hockey team for doing that, the men's team wouldn't ever do that. Isn't an Olympic Gold Medal enough motivation why do you have to mistreat our flag. Listen I judge countries by if all borders were opened which ones would have the most people come in and the least people leave, well based on that criteria I would say the top 4 countries would be:
1)U.S.A.
2)Canada
3)Australia
4)United Kingdom

in that order. I do consider the U.S.A. the greatest country in the world, just don't trivialize how other countries feel, not directed at all Americans just those women on that team. The U.S. media should be crucifying them and their coach, because if we did that to Old Glory they would be crucifying us.As you can tell I am really pissed at what they did. If it comes off as me being anti-American, I am sorry because I'm not and I hope you destroy all of your enemies you are facing now.

"Basketball is a very popular sport worldwide, especially in China. Most importantly, it is the only sport completely invented in the USA."

That's funny booyeah, did you know that Dr. James Naismith was a Canadian living in Massachusetts so basketball was invented in the mind of a Canadian.I love basketball and enjoy the NBA and it is actually a more popular sport worldwide than Hockey but obviously people in Africa and South America can't play hockey, plus hockey is not a cheap sport to play.Basketball is especially popular in Mediterranean(sp) countries of Europe, Italy, Spain, Greece. It's just that attending an NBA game is somewhat of a joke, the focus has been taken away a lot from the game. I'm sure basketball purists think the same way and a lot of them seem to enjoy College Basketball more than the NBA.

Blitz
02-24-2002, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by booyeah_

Basketball is a very popular sport worldwide, especially in China. Most importantly, it is the only sport completely invented in the USA.

Invented in the USA by a Canadian heh

Blitz
02-24-2002, 09:09 PM
I guess I should have scrolled down before replying to that...Oh well

dolfan06
02-24-2002, 09:11 PM
the origin of basketball was started my the mayans, in mexico. they played a crude form of the game, only you couldn't use your hands. you had to kick the ball through a hoop.
the losing captain had his head cut off, which explains why the game never caught on until revised to modern standards.:D

Blitz
02-24-2002, 09:13 PM
Would you say the origin of football was started by whoever invented Rugby?

dolfan06
02-24-2002, 09:14 PM
the hoop was vertical, instead of horizontal!:D

dolfan06
02-24-2002, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by Blitz
Would you say the origin of football was started by whoever invented Rugby? there are alot of sports that are actually related, football is related to soccer also.
but in no way is football as rough as australian football. they wear no pads!

iceblizzard69
02-24-2002, 10:18 PM
Basketball was invented by a Canadian in Springfield, Mass. where the Hall of Fame is. As for Hockey, I said it is a joke in the USA because it is. I live in a city that has 3 Hockey teams within a 45 minute drive and no one here cares about any of them. The Devils play right across the river from Manhattan in Jersey and they can't sell out a Stanley Cup finals game. I know the sport is more popular in Colorado and Barfalo, but it has a weak following in most areas of the United States. I was in Toronto a few years ago and I went to the Hockey Hall of Fame and it was pretty cool. I don't hate hockey but I am not a big fan of it, and the NHL is really really boring. Olympic hockey is a lot better. And basketball is now becoming more popular in other countries. It is starting to grow a following in Spain (second best league after the NBA), Canada, China, Germany, and those Yugoslavian countries (it is second most popular there after soccer.) In Spain espicially, it is becoming big. Their league is growing and they are starting to get a lot of fans. Basketball worldwide has a lot more fans than hockey.

baccarat
02-24-2002, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by dolfan25

"Basketball is a very popular sport worldwide, especially in China. Most importantly, it is the only sport completely invented in the USA."

That's funny booyeah, did you know that Dr. James Naismith was a Canadian living in Massachusetts so basketball was invented in the mind of a Canadian.I love basketball and enjoy the NBA and it is actually a more popular sport worldwide than Hockey but obviously people in Africa and South America can't play hockey, plus hockey is not a cheap sport to play.Basketball is especially popular in Mediterranean(sp) countries of Europe, Italy, Spain, Greece. It's just that attending an NBA game is somewhat of a joke, the focus has been taken away a lot from the game. I'm sure basketball purists think the same way and a lot of them seem to enjoy College Basketball more than the NBA.

I knew that Naismith was a Canadian, but notice how I said the sport was invented in America. I never said by an American.

Check out this site to learn some interesting information on Dr. James Naismith and what gave him some ideas while inventing the game of basketball.

http://collections.ic.gc.ca/naismith/faq/faq.htm

Did you know this?:
And in 1894, he introduced the football helmet for American Football.

burghPhinFan
02-24-2002, 11:03 PM
miadphan13 I didn't watch any Olympic hockey, but I am happy for Mario! I have claimed the Penguins as my hockey team since 91, but still looking for guys down here that like hockey.

you're breakin my heart!

baccarat
02-24-2002, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by dolfan06
there are alot of sports that are actually related, football is related to soccer also.
but in no way is football as rough as australian football. they wear no pads!

They wear no pads, but the players are skinny. Even with pads its not easy on the body to get hit by a 330 lb. DT.

miadphan13
02-25-2002, 02:26 AM
you're breakin my heart!

Well, it would have been cool for the USA to take the gold, but I have liked Mario and Jagr for a long time. Now Jagr has gone to the Capitals, but I still support the Penguins. Anyway, my ex-husband was from the Pittsburgh area (Washington) and loves the Steelers, Dolphins and Penguins. I have always loved the Dolphins, but I adopted his sports teams as well. Even though I don't like him anymore, I still like the Steelers and Penguins. :lol: Dolphins ALWAYS come first! :D

Dolfan984
02-25-2002, 02:33 AM
The Bills Suck

miadphan13
02-25-2002, 02:46 AM
Originally posted by Dolfan984
The Bills Suck

I second that! :D

Jaydog57
02-25-2002, 03:44 AM
That's cool all you hockey fans are enjoying the Olympics. Don't really know much about it but that's probably cause I don't have a favorite team. Without one, any sport can seem uninteresting. Maybe I can learn more about it someday.:cool:

Cranx
02-25-2002, 03:57 AM
Hockey and basketball (especially here in the L.A. area) are both great sports and worthy of being watched in the football offseason. I'm putting NASCAR right up there as well (I know I'm going to catch hell for that one.) The only thing out there that I just don't understand anyone watching and becoming a fan of is baseball. I played it in HS and had fun, but it has to be the worst spectator sport ever invented. It is so slooooooooowwwwww :o

:p

Muck
02-25-2002, 04:50 AM
And really, Richter versus Broduer? We need better goalies!
;)

Richter was great in goal. He's the only reason Team USA held on so long. Canada was just too fast and too strong. Richter played phenomenally.

Cranx
02-25-2002, 05:24 AM
Richter was excellent and calling Brodeur the best goalie out there after Haschic (spell?) is a serious stretch. The best goalie out there- yes better than both of them- is Roy. He is now, and has been for years, the most dominant force in net. Gotta' give props where props are due.

Blitz
02-25-2002, 05:40 AM
Patrick Roy could have been a Gold winner, but he opted to take time off instead of playing for team Canada. He wants to be in good shape when the Avs make another run at winning the Stanley Cup.

iceblizzard69
02-25-2002, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by Dolfan984
The Bills Suck

Randon, but true.

Expo-I like baseball, but I never watch a full game unless it is the playoffs. GO MARINERS!!!!!!!!

Jaydog57
02-25-2002, 08:45 PM
How come we can have a hockey thread but everything else not pertaining to football goes to the lounge? (I gotta be a bastard just once, hee hee):rocker:

burghPhinFan
02-25-2002, 08:58 PM
miadphan13:
Well, it would have been cool for the USA to take the gold, but I have liked Mario and Jagr for a long time. Now Jagr has gone to the Capitals, but I still support the Penguins. Anyway, my ex-husband was from the Pittsburgh area (Washington) and loves the Steelers, Dolphins and Penguins. I have always loved the Dolphins, but I adopted his sports teams as well. Even though I don't like him anymore, I still like the Steelers and Penguins. Dolphins ALWAYS come first!

From the looks of your avatar, boy did he screw up!
:toliet:
On the other hand, there's another lucky SOB out there!;)

Jaydog57
02-25-2002, 09:12 PM
miadphan13:

From the looks of your avatar, boy did he screw up!
:toliet:
On the other hand, there's another lucky SOB out there!;) Dude, you are a most excellent ass kisser, rock on:rocker:

burghPhinFan
02-26-2002, 06:09 AM
besides, I'm quite happily married, thank you!:)

Rude American
02-26-2002, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by booyeah_

Basketball is a very popular sport worldwide, especially in China. Most importantly, it is the only sport completely invented in the USA. What are you talking about? Basketball was invented by a Canadian doctor who nailed a bushel basket to his barn door. They then got tired of climbing up to get the ball so they cut the bottom out.

dolfan06
02-26-2002, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by Rude American
What are you talking about? Basketball was invented by a Canadian doctor who nailed a bushel basket to his barn door. They then got tired of climbing up to get the ball so they cut the bottom out. you may know my job, but i see you are not a history buff!:rolleyes:

miadphan13
02-26-2002, 12:41 PM
just calling them like I see em, besides, I'm quite happily married, thank you!:)

Well, thank you very much. :) Marriage is wonderful, as long as you are happy. :) I'm glad it's working out for ya! :D BTW, JayDog is just a goof. :goof: ;)

burghPhinFan
02-26-2002, 07:08 PM
Well, thank you very much. Marriage is wonderful, as long as you are happy. I'm glad it's working out for ya!

Thanks, we are quite happy! But if she read that other post before I clarified that, it might not be!:lol:

Nice ride by the way!:rocker:

dolfan06
02-26-2002, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by miadphan13

Well, thank you very much. :) Marriage is wonderful, as long as you are happy. :) I'm glad it's working out for ya! :D BTW, JayDog is just a goof. :goof: ;) but i like him! he's funny!:lol: