PDA

View Full Version : Superbowl!!!!!!!!!! (Dating Portion)

score
10-17-2003, 02:44 PM
Phin friends! We are headed to the bowl dudes!!!
I have a question for those single male phins- I'm trying to meet a nice gal in my small town. Do you think it's stupid to try an online service? My boys are making fun of me at the gym!

Illini_Jack
10-17-2003, 02:50 PM
Hey go for it. If you find a hot chick online, then it will definitely shut your friends up.

And yes the Fins are SB bound this year!

DolphinzD
10-17-2003, 02:53 PM
Hey man, I hope you're right about the Super Bowl.

About women, what city do you live in? Are there any good places to meet them there? It is really hard to meet girls where I am, because even though there are a lot of nurses at the Clinic, how do you actually meet them if you don't work there? Whenever I ask someone this question, they say, "Go to a bar." Well, I like to go to bars, but I don't know how to pick up girls there. You always have to shout to talk to people, at least where I go, and while that is okay with the guys, I don't like shouting when I'm talking to the ladies. I met a girl once through an online service, but nothing came out of it, so I don't know what to tell you there. I think probably the best way to meet girls is through friends, friends of friends, and stuff like that. I have a potential right now and she is the friend of one of my best friend's girlfriends.

Got all that? :)

Agua
10-17-2003, 02:58 PM
I'd say "go to a bar" myself. Go with a bunch of friends, don't try to "pick them up", just when you get liquored up enough that you're feeling silly, do or say something spontaneously funny and then get sort of "silly flirty" with them in a joking serious way. It needs to be a bar you feel comfortable with, though. Some "meat market - butt hut" places just make you feel uncomfortable and I wouldn't have a clue about it in a situation like that. But - some folks don't like going to bars. Some folks just feel to self-conscious to play silly with a stranger, so in that event ....

As far as online dating stuff goes, I've had friends who have had very good luck with that. One guy I know even found his wife through one and they get along great for going on 4 years now.

So, whatever you do, good luck.

Fresh
10-17-2003, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by score
Do you think it's stupid to try an online service?

Yup! :tongue:

XoPhinsoX
10-17-2003, 05:29 PM
You can find some hot chics online.

Depends where you live really. . :D

I'll guess FL so I'll say the Beach?

Muck
10-18-2003, 12:13 AM
If you live in a small town, you probably know everyone anyway. :)