PDA

View Full Version : Police Rescue Burglar On Roof

KDog13
05-04-2009, 01:42 AM
Well As a Burglar Isn't The First Rule Don't Get Caught. But to get stuck on a roof and the police help you You Suck At Life.

Police were called to a three-storey factory in Leichhardt, in Sydney's inner-west, about 1.50am (AEST) last night to find the 53-year-old on the roof.

Officers believe the man was trying to break into the factory but wet weather and the steep colourbond roof caused him to get stuck.
Numerous attempts were made to rescue the man, eventually requiring a fire truck with a large ladder and a Polair helicopter to illuminate the
rooftop. The man was finally retrieved at 4.50am.

He allegedly had numerous items on him, including a helmet with a light, bolt cutters, tin snips, a small ladder, backpack, tarpaulin, ropes and harnesses.

The man was arrested and taken to Newtown police station where he is being questioned.

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,25421561-5005961,00.html

SpaceMountain16
05-04-2009, 08:53 AM
I love these stories where Burglars somehow flip the situation and make it as if the house they are robbing is in the wrong. I mean the guy was trying to rob the place, but watch he'll probably sue the house owners for causing him mental distress for being caught on the roof, and he'll win too!

1 dol fan
05-04-2009, 09:37 AM
I love these stories where Burglars somehow flip the situation and make it as if the house they are robbing is in the wrong. I mean the guy was trying to rob the place, but watch he'll probably sue the house owners for causing him mental distress for being caught on the roof, and he'll win too!
This will endu p being a candidate for the Stella Awards (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stella_awards)

SpurzN703
05-04-2009, 10:54 AM

Sort of like in 'Liar Liar', where the secretary tells the story of the robber who falls through the roof of her sister's house and landed on knives (or something similar) on his way down. He then proceeds to sue her sister for his injuries, despite his original intention of robbing the place. And apparently he won.

Something like that

KDog13
05-04-2009, 03:17 PM
Sort of like in 'Liar Liar', where the secretary tells the story of the robber who falls through the roof of her sister's house and landed on knives (or something similar) on his way down. He then proceeds to sue her sister for his injuries, despite his original intention of robbing the place. And apparently he won.

Something like that

lol its **** like that, that ruins our economy. Robbers get away with a crime and get money. F that ****

Bumpus
05-05-2009, 08:20 PM
True story ...

My sister works for a local lawyer who represented a guy who was fleeing from the cops in a stolen car. The cops used the pit manuver (sp?) to bring the chase to a halt. The thief claimed whiplash & sued the Wheeling PD.

He was awarded $10K.

He went to jail, but ... How messed up is that?