PDA

View Full Version : If White gets hurt do we draft Tebow

72champagne
05-04-2009, 02:19 AM
in the 2nd round next year? gotta have somebody running the wildcat who can throw the ball!! even worse, what if he's miraculously ineffective??
as for the 1st rounder, it wouldn't surprise me if it ends up being another defensive back. it's still the primary weakness on this team... until it isn't.

ADavieDolphin
05-04-2009, 02:22 AM
umm, seriously?
so does pat white die? or have a career ending surgery?
Tebow isn't as good of a passer as White, and is slower as well.
I like Pat Plenty..

GoonBoss
05-04-2009, 02:24 AM
Of course. The one thing I love about the WHite pick is we don't have to hear about Tebow next year.

JCane
05-04-2009, 02:25 AM
Tebow won't last until the second round. A team like the Colts would take him in teh first if he was still around. Teams like Pittsburgh and the Colts love guys with great character who can do a lot of things. Tebow, as much as I hate him, fits that style. He can bring a lot to the locker room. There's a reason the Arizona Cardinals felt like they had to "settle" for Chris Wells in the draft. It's because they love Donald Brown's character.

72champagne
05-04-2009, 02:26 AM
tongue-in-cheek, but the point is, they've invested a lot in this wildcat stuff by taking White, so if he flops or gets hurt he has to be replaced or the whole thing reorganized again because it'll be designed for him. so then what, how high a pick do you go next year to replace him if the unthinkable actually happens? ... just a thought.

Mr. Limpet
05-04-2009, 02:53 AM
Tebow, Armanti Edwards (App St.) or Jarrett Brown (WVU) would be excellent picks as back-ups.

CANDolphan
05-04-2009, 02:56 AM
Absolutely no way. Tebow is probably the better wildcat type of guy, to be honest, because he can get you those tough yards. Pat White is quicker than Tebow but absolutely nowhere near the power. Honest to God, Ive watched a ton of Tebow and he is absolutely amazing at falling forward or getting an extra 1-2 yards per carry. People can say it won't translate well to the NFL but thats simply not true.

Also, his biggest weakness is his inability to read defenses. He's very accurate and has a strong arm. He just has a slow delivery ( which apparently he has been working on with some QB coach from the NFL? Can someone confirm? ) He kicks that delivery down to a manageable time, and he might be the absolute ultimate WildCat QB

mikethewreck
05-04-2009, 03:02 AM
At some point you have got to stop spending high draft picks on QBs. Maybe we would pick up a lower round guy.

Elliott 1
05-04-2009, 04:06 AM
in the 2nd round next year? gotta have somebody running the wildcat who can throw the ball!! even worse, what if he's miraculously ineffective??
as for the 1st rounder, it wouldn't surprise me if it ends up being another defensive back. it's still the primary weakness on this team... until it isn't.

It isn't, you can freely move on with the rest of the juggernaut.

72champagne
05-04-2009, 04:40 AM
It isn't, you can freely move on with the rest of the juggernaut.

charades? hmm, ok, you're bent over at the altar of rookies, reading an x-man comic book.

marke27
05-04-2009, 04:43 AM
no tim tebow thanks...unless we want to draft him in the 7th rounder as a fullback.....

fear-the-d
05-04-2009, 04:50 AM
I doubt it. if white is injured or fails to perform i think it will be the end of the wildcat offense. We are not going to risk spending a 3rd 2nd round pick in 3 years on QBs. We have other positons of need we should look at them instead of trying to draft players for one formation!

ryanENGLISH0
05-04-2009, 05:46 AM
You gotta be kidding me? I know about Pat White being on the dolphins and I know how some dolphins fans overhype their players but there has to be some extent to it?!?! Tim Tebow has WON 2 NATIONAL TITLES!!! AT THE END OF THE DAY THATS WHAT YOU WANT, A WINNER RIGHT? I can understand everyone is excited about the fact that Pat White will be a human highlight reel, but as of right now White couldnt hold Tebows jock strap, Tim Tebow is a winner, after the early loss the gators suffered last year Tebow said he will not lose again for the rest of the year, and sure enough the Gators not only didnt lose another game they won the national title, so for some fans on here calling Tebow a 2nd rounder and what not is just ridicolous because he will be a top 10 pick next year, and maybe number 1 if he wins a 3rd national title this year.

P.S. I'm a Texas Longhorns college fan, i hate the Gators.

And for the thread title, i hope we dont draft Tebow, if White fails to succeed because we still have Henne in the wings and we can always bring back Penny.

skipp2myloo13
05-04-2009, 06:52 AM
You gotta be kidding me? I know about Pat White being on the dolphins and I know how some dolphins fans overhype their players but there has to be some extent to it?!?! Tim Tebow has WON 2 NATIONAL TITLES!!! AT THE END OF THE DAY THATS WHAT YOU WANT, A WINNER RIGHT? I can understand everyone is excited about the fact that Pat White will be a human highlight reel, but as of right now White couldnt hold Tebows jock strap, Tim Tebow is a winner, after the early loss the gators suffered last year Tebow said he will not lose again for the rest of the year, and sure enough the Gators not only didnt lose another game they won the national title, so for some fans on here calling Tebow a 2nd rounder and what not is just ridicolous because he will be a top 10 pick next year, and maybe number 1 if he wins a 3rd national title this year.

P.S. I'm a Texas Longhorns college fan, i hate the Gators.

And for the thread title, i hope we dont draft Tebow, if White fails to succeed because we still have Henne in the wings and we can always bring back Penny.

Pat White is the only player ever to start adn win 4, count em, 4 bowl games. we got a winner

flsportsfan83
05-04-2009, 07:51 AM
no

Gonzo
05-04-2009, 08:12 AM
Of course. The one thing I love about the WHite pick is we don't have to hear about Tebow next year.
Sadly, we still will, particularly because he's coming out of UF.

dolpns13
05-04-2009, 08:19 AM
Im so sick of using second rounders on QB's

Zounds
05-04-2009, 08:34 AM
Yes, lets use a high draft pick on a QB 4 years in a row. Come on man.

BARF
05-04-2009, 08:45 AM
omg no more gators please

enduro
05-04-2009, 09:07 AM
Tebow won't last until the second round. A team like the Colts would take him in teh first if he was still around. Teams like Pittsburgh and the Colts love guys with great character who can do a lot of things. Tebow, as much as I hate him, fits that style. He can bring a lot to the locker room. There's a reason the Arizona Cardinals felt like they had to "settle" for Chris Wells in the draft. It's because they love Donald Brown's character.

Tim Tebow is an excellent college quarterback but that's it. His slow white azz would get knocked out trying to run the ball like he does at florida. His actual passing leaves alot to be desired. He's a good college player but that's it. He!! no to tebow!

Avigatorx
05-04-2009, 10:18 AM
Im so sick of using second rounders on QB's

That mentality got us into this QB mess in the first place.

Apparently we thought Marino would play forever.

We STILL arent certain the guys we have can step up when Penny is done (I am hoping Penny still has another 3 years left in him.).

We can't say Henne is the answer or Pat White is the answer until we see some significant playing time out of them. And even then, what happens if he gets hurt?

If Coach Sparano was truthful about Henne being the starter next year, what happens to Penny? Will he leave to start for another team? Will he stay on as our back-up?

If Penny leaves next year we will have another QB opening on the roster. So I would venture a guess that we will be taking another QB in next year's draft.

PhinzN703
05-04-2009, 10:50 AM

Would White have a 10 year injury?

ArmyFin7
05-04-2009, 11:30 AM
I have to wonder what is going through peoples heads when the make threads like this...

Elliott 1
05-04-2009, 12:14 PM
charades? hmm, ok, you're bent over at the altar of rookies, reading an x-man comic book.

Don't you know that you can get flashbacks from taking that stuff.

Fins NY 72
05-04-2009, 12:47 PM
Don't we need to determine if the Wildcat / Pat White experiment will even work. The Wildcat worked last year because no one else had run that type of formation in years.

This cart is way in front of the horse right now.

Rhody Phins Fan
05-04-2009, 01:34 PM
I actually think that Tebow would be better suited to the Wildcat for us. He could take over the role of Ronnie since he has the size to run inside. White doesn't have the build to run it inside. Tebow would basically play Ronnie's role except with the ability to throw.

MexDolfan
05-04-2009, 02:18 PM
The original flavor of this thread is sour pessimist.
Pat White can be injured everywhere, specially if we assume he's smaller than average NFL QB.
But Miami has smart coaches and the designed role for him is to become an alternative lethal weapon, not an every down passer, reducing such risks.
It's too early to think on that, but Tim Tebow might come next year and replace Ronnie if we can't work on a fine contract extension.

72champagne
05-04-2009, 03:54 PM
i only mentioned Tebow in the 2nd round next year to emphasize the point that with Sparano's creative playbook utilizing White's wildcat qb skillset; if he gets hurt or flops, there will be a void to fill. obviously, that's one of the biggest questions about what could happen to this offense & there are varying opinions how we'd deal with it. so, for some to denounce the thread because it's an unpleasant possibility or you hate tebow or are annoyed being reminded of our 2nd round qb obsession in recent years, that says more about 'you' than the thread. getting personal is childish.

also, i never advocated a solution, just raised a question. & this actually has more to do with the offense than the draft, despite the title. ronnie won't be able to do what they'll ask white to do. who could?

Clipse
05-04-2009, 08:21 PM
Pat White is the only player ever to start adn win 4, count em, 4 bowl games. we got a winner
Exactly. Florida winning 2 national titles has more to do with all the talent on their team, not just Tebow. Don't get me wrong, Tebow is a great college QB, but give him WVU's talent, and they don't win any national titles.

And to the OP, hell no. Tebow won't be a good QB in the nfl.

SnakeoilSeller
05-04-2009, 08:44 PM
I really hope that we are not drafting or using another 2nd round pick on a QB next year.

uga3406
05-05-2009, 10:54 PM
Please no drafting of Tebow ever!

Roman529
05-06-2009, 12:11 AM
Please no drafting of Tebow ever!

Tim Tebow = Eric Crouch

TheBow305
05-06-2009, 03:11 AM
What a pointless thread...