05-05-2009, 03:08 AM
He deserved it

Kthurmus23
05-05-2009, 03:11 AM
I agree, he did deserve it this year.

CedarPhin
05-05-2009, 03:45 AM
You had to figure it was coming.

I wanted D-Wade to win..but such is life.

DolphinDevil28
05-05-2009, 06:00 AM
Dwyane Wade was the most difference-making player in the league, but LeBron deserves MVP. It was a fair choice.

However, the Magic are a better TEAM than Cleveland. I think we can beat them in the Eastern Finals.

We shall see.

CedarPhin
05-05-2009, 06:02 AM
You guys did a number on Boston tonight.

DolphinDevil28
05-05-2009, 06:06 AM
You guys did a number on Boston tonight.

If we could ever decide to stop giving up 20 point leads, nobody would beat us.

But, the Magic just love to make things interesting.

I'm still way more weary of Boston than Cleveland.

CedarPhin
05-05-2009, 06:27 AM
Yeah, it seems like you guys really enjoy giving up big leads. I stopped watching after it was like a 28 point lead.

Then it ended at a 5 point diff...I thought "WTF?"

SpurzN703
05-05-2009, 11:38 AM
As much as I dislike the nut-hugging of James, he deserved the award. Wade would have too but the Heat were only 43-39.

Now, Orlando, Boston or Atlanta, stop James from winning a title otherwise ESPN will change it's name to ESPJAMES and we'd never hear the end of it.

arsenal
05-05-2009, 01:05 PM
and rightfully so... congrats king james!

tylerdolphin
05-05-2009, 01:07 PM
As much as I dislike the nut-hugging of James, he deserved the award. Wade would have too but the Heat were only 43-39.

Now, Orlando, Boston or Atlanta, stop James from winning a title otherwise ESPN will change it's name to ESPJAMES and we'd never hear the end of it.
I dont know if any team can take then out except the Lakers

Clipse
05-05-2009, 04:07 PM
They can't seem to beat the Magic either. So go Magic or Lakers!

R_t_Kraken
05-05-2009, 05:03 PM
I'm not gonna be bitter about it. Obviously i'd choose Dwyane, but that's a combination of, i'm a bit of a homer, but I also truely believe he deserved serious consideration. However, Lebron did too and he's on a significantly more successful team and we all know how that puts a player over the top.

The pathetic thing was that Kobe got second place. He didn't have nearly as productive season as Wade and James, but that just shows you the emphasis voters put on team record. It's kind of a joke in that regard.

SpurzN703
05-05-2009, 05:46 PM

I hope the Rockets win 3 more games in their series :d-day:

CedarPhin
05-05-2009, 06:09 PM
LA might not make it out of this round, seeing as how they played last night.

Denver could be the dark horse to come out of the West.

tylerdolphin
05-05-2009, 06:24 PM
Kobe is going to be on a mission next game. I dont think the Rockets win more than 2 games.

CedarPhin
05-05-2009, 06:44 PM
I really do like Denver's chances against them, especially if the officials still let them play that physical type of basketball they've been using all playoffs.

biggiesmalls3k1
05-05-2009, 09:58 PM
i think its more of a joke that Lebron finished ahead of Wade in DPOY if anything...wade did something that no "little guy" has ever done...100+ blocks and steals in a season...Lebron is not a shut-down guy at all...what in the heck has he done to get all this talk about his "much-improved d", he looks like the same defender to me as he's always been...meanwhile wade steps up his d...gets no love, if lebron gets 1st team D over dwade, imma go bonkers...

concerning MVP...halfway through the season it was pre-destined that barring injury, LeBron would win the award...Stern and the NBA would not have it any other way...the fact that Wade carried a team with a rookie pg, a rookie 6th man, and jamaal magliore/joel anthony in the middle to a 5-seed, is REMARKABLE...but the NBA MVP always goes to the overhyped...when Nash won it back to back, he stole it from Shaq and Kobe in successive years...Dirk had no business winning it, and it showed when he got punked by an 8-seed in the playoffs...Kobe was the only guy recently that really was the MVP of the league...sorry for the rant lol

tylerdolphin
05-05-2009, 10:04 PM
Come on...even the biggest of heat homers has to be able to see that LeBron was at least as good as Wade this year. There certainly is no sizable gap

R_t_Kraken
05-05-2009, 10:20 PM
i think its more of a joke that Lebron finished ahead of Wade in DPOY if anything

Yes, that is absolutely a joke. If Dwyane didn't win over Dwight he definately should have been 2nd place. The NBA and the media is so biased for Lebron it's a joke. Their desperately trying to make him Jordan II. Is he a great player, yes. Has he done anything to remote earn these accolades? Other than filling out a stat sheet nicely? Not yet. He hasn't won anything, he certainly hasn't proven to be particularly clutch.

Jordan was worth a hell of a lot more than filling out a stat sheet, as is Wade, as is Kobe, and so many others in the past. Lebron hasn't done anything yet. I'm F'ing sick of his hype and it makes me hate the dude.

Dolfan3773
05-05-2009, 10:56 PM
Yes, that is absolutely a joke. If Dwyane didn't win over Dwight he definately should have been 2nd place. The NBA and the media is so biased for Lebron it's a joke. Their desperately trying to make him Jordan II. Is he a great player, yes. Has he done anything to remote earn these accolades? Other than filling out a stat sheet nicely? Not yet. He hasn't won anything, he certainly hasn't proven to be particularly clutch.

Jordan was worth a hell of a lot more than filling out a stat sheet, as is Wade, as is Kobe, and so many others in the past. Lebron hasn't done anything yet. I'm F'ing sick of his hype and it makes me hate the dude.

dude...that is the same EXACT feelings I have/had for while.

biggiesmalls3k1
05-05-2009, 11:03 PM
alot of people are overlooking the fact that its alot easier for Lebron to put up 28-8-7 with Ilgauskas, Mo Williams, Delonte West, Varejao, Ben Wallace, Wally Szczerbiak, Joe Smith, etc...

Wade put up 30-8-5 (along with his blocks and steals) with the likes of a washed up Shawn Marion, Chalmers, Beasley, Haslem, the IMMORTAL DUO of Joel Anthony and Jamaal Magliore, Chris Quinn, Jamario Moon, James Jones, and Jermaine O'Neal running up and down the court with knee braces that rivaled those of Dan Marino...

Not being a homer...take off the ESPN/LeBron glasses...have D-Wade and LBJ switch teams, the Cavs and Heat finish with the same exact records that they have today...

LeBron was pre-determined to be the Messiah since high school...im not trying to discredit the guy...but the guy has done nothing in CRUNCH TIME to be put up there as one of the greats...last i remember he crapped his pants in the finals against the spurs in a sweep...Wade put together a Finals performance that rivaled Bird, Magic, Jordan...and Shaq was non-existant in that series, he was outplayed by a guy with one kidney...much love to Zo lol...

R_t_Kraken
05-06-2009, 05:02 AM
Not being a homer...take off the ESPN/LeBron glasses...have D-Wade and LBJ switch teams, the Cavs and Heat finish with the same exact records that they have today...

I'd say the 08 Heat would be worse with Lebron, the Cavs would be about the same with Wade.

Lebron had similarly bad teams in his first two seasons and couldn't make the playoffs. Wade has only ever missed the playoffs once and he wasn't close to 100% all year (last year.)

arsenal
05-06-2009, 07:55 AM
lol@this thread...

as a non-fan of either the heat or cavs, i can say Lebron deserved the MVP over Wade, not by much, but he did and he is easily the better defender...

the blind hate in here is hilarious...

Dolfan3773
05-06-2009, 10:56 AM
You know what screw LeBron and his MVP award...D-Wade already won his ring (before LeBron) and got Finals MVP (before LeBron). He got both of those WELL DESERVED. He carried his team on his back, down 2-0 in the series and about 6 min left in the 4th down by 13 in game 3 and won the game and series to be crowned the 2006 NBA Champions (somthing LeBron hasnt done for his Cavs).

He did all this before LeBron and he will have more opportunities, with our cap we will make our team better for the chance of another title here in Miami. So yeah LeBron might of got his MVP award but Wade already has reached the goal for an NBA player.

tylerdolphin
05-06-2009, 11:58 AM
You know what screw LeBron and his MVP award...D-Wade already won his ring (before LeBron) and got Finals MVP (before LeBron). He got both of those WELL DESERVED. He carried his team on his back, down 2-0 in the series and about 6 min left in the 4th down by 13 in game 3 and won the game and series to be crowned the 2006 NBA Champions (somthing LeBron hasnt done for his Cavs).

He did all this before LeBron and he will have more opportunities, with our cap we will make our team better for the chance of another title here in Miami. So yeah LeBron might of got his MVP award but Wade already has reached the goal for an NBA player.
Is Eli Manning better than Dan Marino?

This is the first year LeBron has had a supporting cast as good as Wade's was when the Heat won the finals. Lets be real here...there was no way the Cavs were going to beat the Spurs that year in the finals. It was a minor miracle they even made it that far, and the only reason they got there was Lebron. If you guys seriously think Wade is significantly better than James, you are the biggest homers ever. We all get that Wade is a great player, but come on...stop trying to make it the biggest crime ever that he didnt win the MVP when the two were almost equal on the court and James team had a bazzilion more Ws.

arsenal
05-06-2009, 12:44 PM
and people talk about the cavs supporting cast like its good... but really its not, it just happens to be slightly better than his past casts...

Old *** Ilguaskas, washed up Ben Wallace, Delonte West, and Mo Williams who has never even been on a winning team his whole career and isn't that much different than larry hughes...

his top bench players are Sasha Pavlovic, Boobie Gibson and Varejo...

i mean none of these names would scare anyone... id take Beasley and O'neal over any of these other players on the Cavs except possibly williams... Haslem at this point is better than Wallace...

the Cavs are the better team, but you guys act like Lebron has Kobe's supporting cast... now thats a good cast, Odom, Gasol, Bynum... those are guys who can play anywhere... no one on the Cavs is worth a damn on his own besides Williams at this point...

SpurzN703
05-06-2009, 12:47 PM

Say Wade wins the MVP, what do you do? Have a better and more enjoyable life b/c of it?

C'mon man, relax. It's just sports

Dolfan3773
05-06-2009, 02:13 PM
I was saying in my point of view as in forget about LeBron winning the MVP, it doesnt bother me anymore because Wade already got his ring. Wade has amazed the city of Miami and everyone else around the world, hell he might of even surpassed Marino as the king of Miami. I dont (and other Heat fans dont) need Wade to be crowned as an MVP to know what kind of game he brings to the court. All Heat fans, even NBA fans know what level Wade is on.

SpurzN703
05-06-2009, 02:33 PM
I was saying in my point of view as in forget about LeBron winning the MVP, it doesnt bother me anymore because Wade already got his ring. Wade has amazed the city of Miami and everyone else around the world, hell he might of even surpassed Marino as the king of Miami. I dont (and other Heat fans dont) need Wade to be crowned as an MVP to know what kind of game he brings to the court. All Heat fans, even NBA fans know what level Wade is on.

Fine by me :D

Ferretsquig
05-06-2009, 02:46 PM
and people talk about the cavs supporting cast like its good... but really its not, it just happens to be slightly better than his past casts...

Old *** Ilguaskas, washed up Ben Wallace, Delonte West, and Mo Williams who has never even been on a winning team his whole career and isn't that much different than larry hughes...

What Larry Hughes are we talking about? The one in Washington was pretty good....the one in Cleveland was the worst FA signing of the past decade. Mo Williams was a borderline all star and the best thing Lebron has ever had for a secondary scorer.

his top bench players are Sasha Pavlovic, Boobie Gibson and Varejo...

i mean none of these names would scare anyone... id take Beasley and O'neal over any of these other players on the Cavs except possibly williams...

Riley wouldn't.....neither would Mike Brown. These guys may not impress you with their talent but they all rebound the ball and play excellent team defense. That's what wins games....either that or a couple of hall of famers.

R_t_Kraken
05-06-2009, 03:22 PM
i mean none of these names would scare anyone... id take Beasley and O'neal over any of these other players on the Cavs except possibly williams... Haslem at this point is better than Wallace... ...

No you wouldn't. Maybe in the long run, seeing as how Beasley has the higher ceiling. Right now Mo Williams is easily the best player of that group. Haslem may be better than Ben Wallace, but he and Varejao are essentially the same person - hustle players without much true skill. Haslem has a decent spot up jumper though.

Ilgauskas is significantly better than Jermaine O'Neal. This is how I can tell you don't watch the Heat much so you don't know what you're talking about. JO plays hard for about 5 minutes a game without fail, although he is in for around 30. Jermaine O'Neal has no legs, no fire, and he's done as a starter in the NBA.

After that Cleveland's role player's own Miami's role players.

Is Eli Manning better than Dan Marino?

No Eli Manning is not better than Dan Marino, and neither is Lebron James better than Dwyane Wade. That's a horrible comparison because Dan was obviously a more credible passer and had a FULL career to prove his worth. What is Lebron better than Dwyane at? Being taller? The weight room?

Also Football is 22 vs 22(Offense/Defense), Basketball is 5 on 5. One player makes a hell of a lot more impact overall in this sport.

tylerdolphin
05-06-2009, 11:38 PM
No Eli Manning is not better than Dan Marino, and neither is Lebron James better than Dwyane Wade. That's a horrible comparison because Dan was obviously a more credible passer and had a FULL career to prove his worth. What is Lebron better than Dwyane at? Being taller? The weight room?

I used that comparison because it was implied that the Championship in itself proved Wade was better than Lebron

Dolfan3773
05-06-2009, 11:44 PM
I used that comparison because it was implied that the Championship in itself proved Wade was better than Lebron

I never once implied that Wade winning a championship made him better than LeBron. I meant it in a way that MVP or not, Wade already won a ring and EVERYONE should know the level hes on. The MVP award doesnt mean anything to me as a fan. I (Heat and NBA fans did too) witnessed an amazing performance by Wade in the Finals and through out his career. We all know Wade is on the MVP level.