PDA

View Full Version : I Think I know what parcell will do in next years draft....

SeanSmith24
05-05-2009, 10:00 AM
In 08, he focused on d-line and o-line mostly

Phillip Merling DE
Kendell langford DE
Lionel Dotson DT
Jake Long OT
Shawn Murphy OG
Donald Thomas OG

in 09 it was mostly Db's and Wr

Vontae Davis CB
Sean Smith CB
Patrick Turner WR
Brian Hartline WR
John Nalbone TE
Chris Clemons S

in 2010, we will draft a running back in round 1 and a linebacker round 2 and 3 and ind round 4 maybe a NT or o-line, i think Ronnie brown is playing his last days in Miami..........what do you guys think?

Meet The next Adrian Peterson

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2009/05/Starks06fb104-1.jpg James Starks Running Back
Junior * 6-2 * 211

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MaMmHWpXwZg

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2009/05/StarksJames-1.jpg

CitizenSnips
05-05-2009, 10:03 AM
If Ronnie has another great year here, i will be pissed if they dont resign him.

All that will do is send a message to the players "Don't bother playing well here, cause even if you do, we're not going to pay you." Ronnies done nothing but good since Parcells got here.

NYinBostonFin
05-05-2009, 10:04 AM
I think I will be happy if BP stays. I also hope Ronnie stays.

dolpns13
05-05-2009, 10:05 AM
I think you might be right... who knows though... Parcells might not even be here for next years draft. Its always a good idea every 4 or so years to draft an overlapping RB... For example look at Indy, did it with Faulk - Edge, Edge - Addai, Addai - Brown. Its worked pretty well for them.

I love ronnie and do not want to see him go, IMO he's one of the best and toughest RB's in the league...but who knows what the trifecta will do.

mia4ever
05-05-2009, 10:06 AM
A RUNNING BACK CAREER IN NFL

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

a1csiriaS
05-05-2009, 10:10 AM
If Ronnie has another great year here, i will be pissed if they dont resign him.

All that will do is send a message to the players "Don't bother playing well here, cause even if you do, we're not going to pay you." Ronnies done nothing but good since Parcells got here.

I dont agree with you on that that is not parcells message. what you gotta understand is that parcells is a guy that likes "his guys" look at what he did when he came in he cleaned house theres only a handfull of people left from the old regime. Parcells is not dumb and he knows what he has in Brown so he is gona use him up. But I would not be surprised if we let him walk in FA next year and Parcells drafts "his guy" at rb imo

a1csiriaS
05-05-2009, 10:11 AM
I think you might be right... who knows though... Parcells might not even be here for next years draft. Its always a good idea every 4 or so years to draft an overlapping RB... For example look at Indy, did it with Faulk - Edge, Edge - Addai, Addai - Brown. Its worked pretty well for them.

I love ronnie and do not want to see him go, IMO he's one of the best and toughest RB's in the league...but who knows what the trifecta will do.

You hit the nail on the spot thats is the way to do it so you wont have a gap in between looking for good RB's if we do sign RB to an extension I would not be surprised if we draft a RB in the 1st round

SeanSmith24
05-05-2009, 10:20 AM
You hit the nail on the spot thats is the way to do it so you wont have a gap in between looking for good RB's if we do sign RB to an extension I would not be surprised if we draft a RB in the 1st round

maybe we get a linebacker in round 1 and 2 then draft starks in round 2 or 3...starks will not get as much attention he deserve due to guys like clemson cj spiller etc.....hopefully starks fall in our hand beacuse he will be a serious problem in the nfl

dolpns13
05-05-2009, 10:20 AM

I thought about this as well. If we do sign him to an extension, I do not see him signing anything less than a 5 year deal (I think we can all agree thats the type of deal he would get from other teams). A deal of that length would all but garauntee him as a starter for the next few years. If we draft a RB in round 1 the year after ronnie signs this deal, would that rb be too old to start in say, year 4 of ronnies deal? for this scenario to work, I think ronnies deal would have to be at the most, a 4 year deal... although there is always the possibility of trading him.

BARF
05-05-2009, 10:22 AM

yea i hope we do not turn into the marlins of the nfl

BARF
05-05-2009, 10:25 AM
i think we get nt, rb, lb, and wr if turner and bartline does not work out, and then we start our super bowl run

Wadeshow
05-05-2009, 10:45 AM
I can see us resigning Ronnie and still drafting a HB in the early rounds cuz I can really see this being Ricky's last year in a Miami uni. The guy is getting old.

PhinsPhan122
05-05-2009, 10:52 AM
Bill Parcells taking a RB in round one? That's hilarious.

ckparrothead
05-05-2009, 10:57 AM
Linebacker or Nose Tackle.

DT Ndamukong Suh, Nebraska
DT Terrence Cody, Alabama
DT Gerald McCoy, Oklahoma*
DT Demarcus Granger, Oklahoma
DT Vince Oghobaase, Duke

DE Carlos Dunlap, Florida*
DE Jerry Hughes, TCU
DE Greg Hardy, Ole Miss
DE George Selvie, South Florida
DE Antonio Coleman, Auburn
DE C.J. Wilson, East Carolina
DE Eric Norwood, South Carolina
DE Brandon Lang, Troy

LB Mark Herzlich, Boston College
LB Brandon Spikes, Florida
LB Sergio Kindle, Texas

insomnia411
05-05-2009, 11:07 AM
I really hope we start drafting for BPA and not need. I don't like this trend of drafting for need and hair-brained schemes for spread offenses.

dolpns13
05-05-2009, 11:11 AM
I really hope we start drafting for BPA and not need. I don't like this trend of drafting for need and hair-brained schemes for spread offenses.

if we dont have huge needs, we definately go BPA. Although this year we went BPA for a need with our high picks. I would have liked to see more action with linebackers on draft day though.

zach8111
05-05-2009, 11:13 AM
i doubt it.

SeanSmith24
05-05-2009, 11:15 AM
depending on how well merling and langford do, i don't think we touch the De position in next years draft until 5th round and up

shula_guy
05-05-2009, 11:17 AM
Alot of what we do in next years draft is going to greatly depend on what happens this season. Genericly speaking I would say we are planning on looking at RB's and LB's in next years draft but there is alot of time and football to be played between now and then.

schmitty8225
05-05-2009, 11:28 AM
Why would we look at RBs when one of our key facets of our offense is the Wildcat. Theyve said Ronnie is the only one able to run Wildcat effectively.

clownfish
05-05-2009, 11:31 AM

So, Parcells, Ireland, & Sparano must be hair-brained based on your statement because THEY seem to think the single-wing and the spread offense are the future of this team. I really don't understand why some people hate this innovation in our offense. I guess some people are just afraid of change.

I think it is important to remember that noone knows what the Phins draft board looked like and we may have drafted BPA. If we drafted based on need, then why did we not pick a LB or NT high in this years draft?

Oh, and for the guy that started this thread, Ronnie isn't going anywhere. We may draft a RB to compliment him, but he will get a new contract this year unless he has a horrible year or re-injures himself. Sorry.

SeanSmith24
05-05-2009, 11:33 AM
trust me when i say this....the wildcat will die soon in the nfl, just like any othe trick play, its only suppose to be used when defense least expect it and we have OD on the wildcat, thats why the ravens beat us in the playoffs because they new how to stop it.......

Quadfather
05-05-2009, 11:33 AM
i hope ronnie gets extended this offseason, similar deal to brandon jacobs.

FinFan84
05-05-2009, 11:41 AM

I could only hope we turn into the Marlins of the NFL. they won two titles in the last 10 years. The Fins havent won one in over 30 years.

Mr772
05-05-2009, 11:42 AM
When half backs get close to 30 years old only a fool will sign them to a long term deal. The shelf life of an NFL RB is short, its just part of the game.

Having a two or three back system does help extend the life of all of your runners though.

dolpns13
05-05-2009, 11:43 AM
trust me when i say this....the wildcat will die soon in the nfl, just like any othe trick play, its only suppose to be used when defense least expect it and we have OD on the wildcat,

you guys who call the wildcat, a "gimmick" or "trick play" do not understand the substance of the wildcat. The wildcat is not a trick play, it is a type of offense like, spread, or I, or shotgun. A trick play would be something like an end-around... lined up in a normal offensive set, then run the play to trick the defense, this is not the case with the wildcat as it is a formation. Since we are showing the defense our formation, this should not be construed as a trick... Now, we can run trick plays out of the wildcat such as with any formation, it is up to the defense so read this, but in terms of the formation, the wildcat is not a trick, it is an offensive set.

thats why the ravens beat us in the playoffs because they new how to stop it.......

Just like any other offensive set. They stopped our entire offense that day. It didnt matter what we ran really.

Now if the wildcat formation is useless in a few years, I agree, scrap it, just like any other formation that becomes useless

ckparrothead
05-05-2009, 11:45 AM
In 2008, the Wildcat was more of a gimmick or trick play because nobody would ever think Ronnie could successfully pass the ball. But in 2009 and beyond, with Pat White here, it will no longer be a trick or gimmick. It'll just be a running QB operating a spread option.

SeanSmith24
05-05-2009, 11:48 AM
so chad Pennington lined up at Wr and Ronnie brown throwing the football is not a trick play??? then im confused.........

you guys who call the wildcat, a "gimmick" or "trick play" do not understand the substance of the wildcat. The wildcat is not a trick play, it is a type of offense like, spread, or I, or shotgun. A trick play would be something like an end-around... lined up in a normal offensive set, then run the play to trick the defense, this is not the case with the wildcat as it is a formation. Since we are showing the defense our formation, this should not be construed as a trick... Now, we can run trick plays out of the wildcat such as with any formation, it is up to the defense so read this, but in terms of the formation, the wildcat is not a trick, it is an offensive set.

Just like any other offensive set. They stopped our entire offense that day. It didnt matter what we ran really

SeanSmith24
05-05-2009, 11:51 AM
i cant wait and see what pat white do for us....i still think henne is the future for us........i could be wrong, who knows....bottom line is our team is better on defense and offense this year then it has ever been in years.......when is training camp gonna start

In 2008, the Wildcat was more of a gimmick or trick play because nobody would ever think Ronnie could successfully pass the ball. But in 2009 and beyond, with Pat White here, it will no longer be a trick or gimmick. It'll just be a running QB operating a spread option.

dolpns13
05-05-2009, 11:53 AM
so chad Pennington lined up at Wr and Ronnie brown throwing the football is not a trick play??? then im confused.........

nope, its an offensive set... the play is ran out of the formation, which is not a trick, because the defense reads it, the wildcat

SeanSmith24
05-05-2009, 11:57 AM
not true because it fooled plenty of teams last year, which is exactly what a trick play does.....its a college trick play that got nfl player by surprise because they didn't know what it was and some of them never seen the wildcat in there lives so they couldn't defend it....

nope, its an offensive set... the play is ran out of the formation, which is not a trick, because the defense reads it, the wildcat

KTOWNFINFAN
05-05-2009, 12:04 PM
QBs, LTs, CBs, and DTs are the hardest to fill on a NFL football team. We are set at QB, LT, and now CB. Next years draft will be about a franchise DT and then a few LBs.
As for Ronnie I see them letting him walk but it would surprise me a little. The way they have went out of their way to save him by sharing carries with everyone makes me think they have long term plans for him. JMO

dramaMEAN
05-05-2009, 12:07 PM
The Ravens were able to stop the wildcat because they werent afraid of our passing game out of the formation and were able to stack the box.. with pat White back there, he poses a legitimate passing and running threat and they will have to defend accordingly.. it will not allow teams to stack the box against the wioldcat out of fear that a legitimate passer is handling the ball and can burn you deep if you focus on the gaps..

ckparrothead
05-05-2009, 12:10 PM
The Ravens stopped it because their defense is effing good. They stopped the Wildcat pretty much just like they stop every other run play against them.

dolpns13
05-05-2009, 12:24 PM
not true because it fooled plenty of teams last year, which is exactly what a trick play does.....its a college trick play that got nfl player by surprise because they didn't know what it was and some of them never seen the wildcat in there lives so they couldn't defend it....

whether they read it right is another story.. hopefully they do not. youre still not understanding that the wildcat is not a play, it is an offensive set.. the i formation, or shotgun, ect.. are sets, not plays... the wildcat is a set, not a play. you can run plays such as sweeps, options, slants, crosses out of the wildcat set ... now whatever play we decide to run out of could be a trick or not.

just because they never seen the wildcat, or werent prepared for it, doesnt make it a trick. and even if you wanted to call it trick, which it isnt, we ran it multiple times/game, which also does not define it as "trick"

PHINANALYST
05-05-2009, 12:34 PM
WC is not a trick play, as mentioned -- it is a set that can run a multitude of plays ... some of which 'may' be referred to as trick. Do you call the no huddle a trick play ?

It worked initially, as it was new .... but as the season wore on - teams realized that our current player set only made certain plays realistic options ... so they stuffed 9 in the box against a susceptible OL.

With the new additions, the OL should be more realiable - maybe dominant, if they stay healthy .... and play options improve with White and maybe some of the WRs ...

If all work out, then teams will not be able to put 9 in the box - which in itself would improve the running efficiency in that set.

I look at this as our change of pace offense set ... whose utility will bear itself out game by game, depending upon its success against each opponent.

DANTODUPER
05-05-2009, 01:06 PM
trust me when i say this....the wildcat will die soon in the nfl, just like any othe trick play, its only suppose to be used when defense least expect it and we have OD on the wildcat, thats why the ravens beat us in the playoffs because they new how to stop it.......

They knew how to stop it because they only focused on stopping Ronnie, now if you introduce Pat White you have to pay attention at the receivers, and decide between stopping Ronnie/White/Williams or a receiver going for 6!

SeanSmith24
05-05-2009, 01:11 PM
we shall see then...... cant wait till the season start now for real............

crazyfin
05-05-2009, 01:18 PM
I hope Ronnie Stays!!!!!!

fishypete
05-05-2009, 01:35 PM
The Ravens stopped it because their defense is effing good. They stopped the Wildcat pretty much just like they stop every other run play against them.

True...but they also knew where the run's were going since the line was overloaded...and the Dolphins almost always ran to the right. Add the fact that the Ravens didn't fear the pass...surely didn't help. I expect this season things will be different.

nyjunc
05-05-2009, 01:39 PM
I will be shocked if BP is around for next years draft and that is a good thing for you guys, he's not good w/ the draft. He did a great job hiring Ireland and Sparano to run the team and you should feel comfortable in them going forward.

sbh1602
05-05-2009, 01:45 PM

Faulk went to STL the same offseason the Colts drafted James. James in fact was drafted *after* they sent Faulk on his way.

But I agree it's a good strategy. I will say, I want to see Brown here for his career, he's one of our best players, unselfish and talented.

Lorenzo Rules
05-05-2009, 01:50 PM

you hit the nail on the head , i dont want my dolphins turning into the marlins and the Heat is already turning into the marlins. so if things keep going the way they are there wont be anyone interested in south florida sports. even if a national championship is won which would be sad not to hear good things about the teams i hold dear.

people would you please stop trying to run Ronnie off.

Ronnie is the best thing to happen since Sage and madison acquisitions .

I understand you guys concerns but we just signed a rookie f/a runningback so lets see what he can do. before we break out lets draft a runningback threads.

in all honsety , I think Ricky and Ronnie still have a few years left in the tank thanks to the 2 back system and you guys are forgetting a man who i hold in high esteem Mr. Patrick Cobbs.
:foundout:

RaboGrande24
05-05-2009, 01:56 PM
I will be shocked if BP is around for next years draft and that is a good thing for you guys, he's not good w/ the draft. He did a great job hiring Ireland and Sparano to run the team and you should feel comfortable in them going forward.
:lol2: yea your right he sucks. Anyways, I think we take Mark Herzlich as the "parcells" linebacker

nyjunc
05-05-2009, 02:01 PM
:lol2: yea your right he sucks. Anyways, I think we take Mark Herzlich as the "parcells" linebacker

Look at his history picking players, it's not good. He won 2 SBs when George Young picked for him, he reached a 3rd when he lost power w/ NE. He did a great job putting the right people in place though.

dolpns13
05-05-2009, 02:02 PM
Faulk went to STL the same offseason the Colts drafted James. James in fact was drafted *after* they sent Faulk on his way.

But I agree it's a good strategy. I will say, I want to see Brown here for his career, he's one of our best players, unselfish and talented.

youre right, they traded faulk for a 2nd and a 5th, then drafted Edge...

RaboGrande24
05-05-2009, 02:05 PM
Look at his history picking players, it's not good. He won 2 SBs when George Young picked for him, he reached a 3rd when he lost power w/ NE. He did a great job putting the right people in place though.
we'll see how this team turns out. And dont tell me Ireland has the final say. Ireland is his prodigy in a way.

Elliott 1
05-05-2009, 02:13 PM
we'll see how this team turns out. And dont tell me Ireland has the final say. Ireland is his prodigy in a way.

That would be "protege" not prodigy.

fishypete
05-05-2009, 02:18 PM

LOL...Not good with the draft? Why because he didn't use two high picks for a player...with only 16 games experience? I may be wrong...but it seems to me that he built a darn good Oline for the Jets...when HE was in charge.

nyjunc
05-05-2009, 02:29 PM
LOL...Not good with the draft? Why because he didn't use two high picks for a player...with only 16 games experience? I may be wrong...but it seems to me that he built a darn good Oline for the Jets...when HE was in charge.

Our OL in '98 we had one player he drafted(Jason fabini). he drafted terribly for us and a little better for Dallas but he has never BUILT a winner. This is a little nugget- in 11 seasons running a team(he coached for 9 of them) he has ONE playoff win('98 Jets).

fishypete
05-05-2009, 02:38 PM
Our OL in '98 we had one player he drafted(Jason fabini). he drafted terribly for us and a little better for Dallas but he has never BUILT a winner. This is a little nugget- in 11 seasons running a team(he coached for 9 of them) he has ONE playoff win('98 Jets).

Didn't he also sign Mawae?

Parcells selections while he was there;

Randy Thomas G Mississippi State

David Loverne G San Jose State

Jason Wiltz DT Nebraska

Jermaine Jones DB NW Louisiana

Marc Megna LB Richmond

J.P. Machado G Illinois

Ryan Young OT Kansas State

J.J. Syvrud DE Jamestown

Dorian Boose DT Washington State

Scott Frost DB Nebraska

Kevin Williams DB Oklahoma State

Jason Fabini OT Cincinnati

Casey Dailey LB Northwestern

Doug Karczewski OT Virginia

Blake Spence TE Oregon

Eric Bateman OT BYU

Eric Ogbogu DT Maryland

Chris Brazzell WR Angelo State

Dustin Johnson RB BYU

Lawrence Hart TE Southern

James Farrior LB Virginia

Rick Terry DT North Carolina

Dedric Ward WR Northern Iowa

Terry Day DE Mississippi State

Leon Johnson RB North Carolina

Lamont Burns G East Carolina

Raymond Austin DB Tennessee

Tim Scharf LB Northwestern

Chuck Clements QB Houston

Steve Rosga DB Colorado

Jason Ferguson DT Georgia

I'd say he did alot for the Jets....when you look at just the players he drafted...never mind the players he signed as free agents.

outlawd2u
05-05-2009, 03:02 PM
I dont agree with you on that that is not parcells message. what you gotta understand is that parcells is a guy that likes "his guys" look at what he did when he came in he cleaned house theres only a handfull of people left from the old regime. Parcells is not dumb and he knows what he has in Brown so he is gona use him up. But I would not be surprised if we let him walk in FA next year and Parcells drafts "his guy" at rb imo

Well I for one would be pretty pissed if he let Ronnie Walk and drafted "His guy" and "His guy" wasn't as good as Ronnie. Mr. Brown is too good of a player to just let walk though, if that happens I will seriously question Parcells and this FO.

nyjunc
05-05-2009, 03:14 PM

Randy Thomas G Mississippi State

David Loverne G San Jose State

Jason Wiltz DT Nebraska

Jermaine Jones DB NW Louisiana

Marc Megna LB Richmond

J.P. Machado G Illinois

Ryan Young OT Kansas State

J.J. Syvrud DE Jamestown

Dorian Boose DT Washington State

Scott Frost DB Nebraska

Kevin Williams DB Oklahoma State

Jason Fabini OT Cincinnati

Casey Dailey LB Northwestern

Doug Karczewski OT Virginia

Blake Spence TE Oregon

Eric Bateman OT BYU

Eric Ogbogu DT Maryland

Dustin Johnson RB BYU

Lawrence Hart TE Southern

James Farrior LB Virginia

Rick Terry DT North Carolina

Dedric Ward WR Northern Iowa

Terry Day DE Mississippi State

Leon Johnson RB North Carolina

Lamont Burns G East Carolina

Raymond Austin DB Tennessee

Tim Scharf LB Northwestern

Chuck Clements QB Houston

Steve Rosga DB Colorado

Jason Ferguson DT Georgia

I'd say he did alot for the Jets....when you look at just the players he drafted...never mind the players he signed as free agents.

He did an AWFUL job as GM for us, he did hit on a few guys(both in FA and the draft) but overall his drafts were atrocious and even '97 where it looks like he did a good job drafting Farrior you have to remember he turned the #1 overall pick into Farrior so that wasn't a good job.

Look at those names you posted, half of them didn't even make the Jets.

PhinsTD
05-05-2009, 04:16 PM
No draft has a much higher than 50% success rate. BP has sort of been hit and miss with the draft, but when you compare how he has done compared to other teams, BP is one of the best drafters in the past 20 years. He drafts a certain way, and he tends to double up on drafting at positions to ensure he gets a player to fill that role. He knows full well not every player is going to make the team, and he knows not every pick can fill the role drafted for, so he hedges his bets and drafts two for need spots. He is also very good at picking RB's after the first round, and has been known to develop OL depth.

BP is not infallible, but for any Jets fan to slam on him is beyond laughable considering the team he built for them, and he got them to the AFC championship in a short time, with HIS players.

nyjunc
05-05-2009, 04:59 PM
No draft has a much higher than 50% success rate. BP has sort of been hit and miss with the draft, but when you compare how he has done compared to other teams, BP is one of the best drafters in the past 20 years. He drafts a certain way, and he tends to double up on drafting at positions to ensure he gets a player to fill that role. He knows full well not every player is going to make the team, and he knows not every pick can fill the role drafted for, so he hedges his bets and drafts two for need spots. He is also very good at picking RB's after the first round, and has been known to develop OL depth.

BP is not infallible, but for any Jets fan to slam on him is beyond laughable considering the team he built for them, and he got them to the AFC championship in a short time, with HIS players.

one of the best drafters in the past 20 years?:lol: Let me reapeat this:

In 11 seasons drafting players his teams have ONE playoff win in those seasons- ONE. That's Carl Peterson-esque.

He didn't build the Jets, the Jets had alot of talent that was run by a buffoon pre-Parcells. He walked into a situaton w/ excellent talent(mostly young) like keyshawn, Chrebet, Jeff Graham, Jumbo Elliott, Matt O'Dwyer, Kyle Brady, Mo Lewis, Marvin Jones, Victor Green, Hugh Douglas, Aaron Glenn,...

He walked into a team w/ talent that needed some direction. he's an all-time great HC and that's why we made the title game but he's been nothing more than an average GM.

zach8111
05-05-2009, 05:09 PM

i agree... rushing qb's have had success and pat can pass an d run which will make it harder for the Def to play him.. that is also a reason i thnk ronnie should have attempted a few more throws

dolfan91
05-05-2009, 05:22 PM
IMO if all things stay the same... the 2010 draft is stongest in the 2 places i think Miami will surely try to upgrade... there are at least 5-6 DT's with 1st round potential... and there will be several talented DE's that may be able to CONVERT to OLB in BP's system!!! also inspite of the drafting of 2 WR's in 2009... there could be a possibility that a WR could be taken in round #1 if a super talented guy falls to Miami... and finally ILB is another area that this regime could look at... but overall DT and OLB are the 2 area's i see as the weakest links moving forward into 2010 draft season!!!! now of course all this could change if RB and RW are NOT re-signed to extensions...

TheBow305
05-05-2009, 06:41 PM
I think it's gotta be a NT next year. He knows what he wants to do and I think he will follow suit next draft. The OL and DL were our biggest needs going into the 08 draft, while corner was probably the 2nd. What did he do? Draft almost all OL and DL.

This year, CB was easily out biggest need, along with a #1 WR, and NT probably was 2nd, and what did he do? Draft mostly DB's and WR's.

Next season, as long as Roth and Wake progress as we hope, NT will be our biggest need in the 2010 draft. Ferguson will probably be let go or retire and we will be forced into taking a NT like we have done with OL and CB in these past draft.

And I hope that guy is Terrence Cody! :)

RaboGrande24
05-07-2009, 03:21 PM
That would be "protege" not prodigy.
sorry mr. dictionary thanks for the correction

Xeticus
05-08-2009, 04:33 PM
Next year both Ronnie and Ricky's contracts will be up. Also i think Fasano and Martin's contracts are up next year. It wouldn't surprise me if we drafted a RB next year especially if Ronnie gets injured this year. Also with Joey Porter's age another LB would probably be wise. Actually I think we could probably see about upgrading the inside line backer position. I think we can do better.

My prediction is next year we pick up a RB, OLB, maybe ILB and NT. Those are positions due to age and injuries I think we should address by next offseason.

Fin_Frenzy_84
05-08-2009, 04:58 PM
Ronnie Is Not Going No Where!!!!!!!!!

Zounds
05-08-2009, 05:05 PM
RB is a waste of a 1st round pick for ANY team imo, especially when most teams split carries between 2-3 backs, and RB's have a short shelf life. Good RB's come later in the draft anyway.

Zandimd
05-08-2009, 05:14 PM
Parcell's doesn't usually take a RB in the first.

72champagne
05-09-2009, 03:50 AM
crazy talk about not resigning Ronnie & he wouldn't be too smart to leave either, if the money is right. He & Ricky extend each others career.

its disturbing that people root for the Jets. gives me a headache wondering about it. i'm going to try & stop.

ssnjamerson
05-10-2009, 01:21 AM
I think with this class being very very deep with good DT and LB we will take one of them. No matter where we draft we can get a great player. I think we will pick around #15. At that spot we should have our choice of Sergio Kindle, Brandon Spikes, Terrence Cody, Selvie, Greg Hardy, Granger, Sean Lee, Herzilich, Weatherspoon. ANy of these guys would be a great addition. I really would like to see us take Cody. If we dont take a Def player I look for Dez Bryant to be the wildcard. He could def be a true #1.

Phinatic8u
05-11-2009, 09:30 AM
We will either get Spikes, Berry, Mays, Suh, or Herzilich causeIMO we will draft Top 20 mabe even top 15...

fishypete
05-11-2009, 12:07 PM
He did an AWFUL job as GM for us, he did hit on a few guys(both in FA and the draft) but overall his drafts were atrocious and even '97 where it looks like he did a good job drafting Farrior you have to remember he turned the #1 overall pick into Farrior so that wasn't a good job.

Look at those names you posted, half of them didn't even make the Jets.

I wonder if your a real Jets fan...most of those players not only played for the Jets...but many were starters.

Young..Thomas...Boose...Fabini...ogbogu...farrior...ward...Leon Johnson.

Parcells drafting helped build a Jets team...that had serious problems prior to him coming...and haven't been worth a hoot since he left.

nyjunc
05-11-2009, 12:41 PM
I wonder if your a real Jets fan...most of those players not only played for the Jets...but many were starters.

Young..Thomas...Boose...Fabini...ogbogu...farrior...ward...Leon Johnson.

Parcells drafting helped build a Jets team...that had serious problems prior to him coming...and haven't been worth a hoot since he left.

Boose? Ogbogu? leon Johnson? None of those guys started. Ryan Young was a great pick as was Randy Thomas. We gave up the #1 overall pick to move back and get Farrior, dedric ward was a decent #3 WR. He did an AWFUL job w/ the draft. He had a million picks and we got a handful of good players out of it w/ no stars.

Parcells made the playoffs ONE time, since he left we have it 4 times.

ShaBam
05-11-2009, 03:21 PM

DT Vince Oghobaase, Duke

DE Jerry Hughes, TCU
DE Greg Hardy, Ole Miss
DE Brandon Lang, Troy

LB Sergio Kindle, Texas

CK, I believe that before the draft next year, NT will be a big need for us. Of those 5 that you listed, which do you see as first round talent?

Lappy
05-11-2009, 03:36 PM

LOL! I just saw this name and the hair on the back of my neck stood up!

He could be one of the worst catching WR ever to play the game of football.

He could turn the light switch off and be in bed before his room went dark though.

Let this be a lesson for all out there that think speed is the number 1 thing a WR needs. His CFL career was shorter than his NFL one! :lol:

( I do know everyone makes mistakes when drafting, but this one is a doozy!)

finfan54
06-13-2009, 09:01 AM

DT Vince Oghobaase, Duke

DE Jerry Hughes, TCU
DE Greg Hardy, Ole Miss
DE Brandon Lang, Troy

LB Sergio Kindle, Texas

Got to agree here. With Fergy talking "outa here soon" I see two DT's drafted with one from a small school.

LB will depend totally on how JT plays. If JT manages close to or more than 10 sacks, the dude will still be playin for us.

hooshoops
06-21-2009, 07:16 PM

DT Vince Oghobaase, Duke

DE Jerry Hughes, TCU
DE Greg Hardy, Ole Miss
DE Brandon Lang, Troy

LB Sergio Kindle, Texas

i agree. but how the heck is mcclain not on your lb list???

nt and lb but if we could somehow trade up for eric berry i'd do it in a heartbeat. best safety prospect in quite a while.

hooshoops
06-21-2009, 07:18 PM
i hope ronnie gets extended this offseason, similar deal to brandon jacobs.

agreed

hooshoops
06-21-2009, 07:22 PM

yep...and from what i saw at the combine a running qb with an underrated arm

miami234ever
07-08-2009, 12:11 PM
Next year looks like a really good year to get a NT. I honestly think OLB will be our 1st round pick followed by maybe an ILB and then a NT in the 3rd. After that I think we may just draft for depth, but this is really all dependant on what we do this and next off-season.

Edit: And I think RB will be re-signed. They love him, they're just playing hardball lately.

NRA
09-15-2009, 04:11 PM
yes! we need an upgrade over ronnie brown in the WORST way, and ricky is
not going to be here. however..........

i believe we have a big itme, big play rb already and that is patrick cobbs! the
guy hasnt gotten more than 9 play in any game and he usually has 2-3
eye openers in the games he does get in! which is more than ronnie browns
whole nfl career to date!

but this team needs REAL, SCARE THE HELL OUT OF YA WR'S!!! untill we get a
couple in here who are the real thing, we will be having the same old blame
the o-line arguements we have had for the last 10 years [the last time we had a real
wr who fit that criteria [irving fryar].

we change o-linemen like socks. same results. we change coaches, same results.
we change gm's, owners, trainers.... same results. but what do we NOT do?

go after big time talent at wr. they all end up in new england, buffalo, philly,
dallas, new york, denver, etc......

and how has that worked out ofr those teams?

see, when you have big itme players who get open and make plays, you dont
see the o-linemens mistakes. look at that big time pass ryan [who should have
been our pick] when he hit gonzalez on that td in the 4th quarter. we were all over them, big time rush, got right through there o-line and had hands on matt ryan.

he made the throw. and tony gonzales read the blitz, made the adjustment and
got the catch AND the td!!

now, if he doesnt make that adjustment, that play is dead. and who would get
the blame? the o-line!! points and big plays cover up a lot od o-line stench.

the atlanta o-line failed big time on that play, as well as many other plays in that game. difference? why NO talk about the atlanta o-lines bad play? because they
have PLAYMAKERS who can come up big under bad circumstances!!

and that is what this team has lacked for 10 years now. and the bad thing is?

bill parcells HATES wr's in the worst way. they are an after thought to him and that
doesnt work in todays nfl. wr's ARE divas. they CAN be dificult. its there nature
and it goes with that sort of lime light position. but this teams brass finds EVERY
excuse to pass on playmakers in the passing game [where points come from].

we change all these olinemen and coaches and qb's and owners and systems but
we DONT make moves for playmakers. we have done EVERYTHING else, changed
everything BUT getting in playmakers. and how has that worked?

we need wr's in next years draft and f/a. i want NOTHING but a big offensive draft
and f/a next year.

we will neeed a rb. but i firmly believe with a big passing game, cobbs will get the
job done effectively.