PDA

View Full Version : Time Magazine's 50 Worst Cars Of All Time

Vaark
05-08-2009, 09:03 AM
with pics and write-ups. Contains the usual suspects including the Pinto, Chevette, Corvair, Yugo and Caddy Cimmaron..but also some surprises like the classic 74 Jag XKE and one of the 7-series BMWs. Interesting read. Surprised it omitted Chrysler's K cars and Aspen/Voltaire.. both series legendarily awful mechanically.

http://www.time.com/time/specials/2007/article/0,28804,1658545_1657686,00.html

#1 Fan
05-08-2009, 10:48 AM
i'm surprised daewoo (lanos and legaza?) wasn't on the list. to put the 7-series on there for i-drive, and leave oout daewoo, seems a bit harsh.

1 dol fan
05-08-2009, 05:56 PM
i'm surprised daewoo (lanos and legaza?) wasn't on the list. to put the 7-series on there for i-drive, and leave oout daewoo, seems a bit harsh.
Don't knock the Daewoo... My teacher still has one that is running... not very well but its running.

poornate
05-08-2009, 08:02 PM
i HAD A cHEVETTE AND A (a stuck caps lock) and a something else off of that list... The worst car i ever had is kind of a tie.... i had this Toyota that i think was called a Credenza? that talked to you and had a lot of features that were supposed to be futuristic in 1984 when it rolled off of the line... piece of crap... also... i had a little GM with a 3 cylinder diesel engine... i want to say that it was called a Sprint, but i am also not sure... it was actually a decent car, but wouldn't hit 50 mph if it was dropped out of an airplane...

Vaark
05-09-2009, 07:59 AM
i HAD A cHEVETTE AND A (a stuck caps lock) and a something else off of that list... The worst car i ever had is kind of a tie.... i had this Toyota that i think was called a Credenza? that talked to you and had a lot of features that were supposed to be futuristic in 1984 when it rolled off of the line... piece of crap... also... i had a little GM with a 3 cylinder diesel engine... i want to say that it was called a Sprint, but i am also not sure... it was actually a decent car, but wouldn't hit 50 mph if it was dropped out of an airplane...

The two biggest pieces of crap I've ever driven were a Ford and a Bimmer. In general, haven't had too terrific a driving or reliability experience with American cars unlike any of the Japanese cars I've owned or leased - or German, for that matter, aside from that one particular POS BMW.

eger
05-09-2009, 11:21 AM
1995 Ford Explorer. Not a fan of Fords but don't see how this made the list.

Plymouth Prowler - This car would have been a home run had it been more performance, but this will be a collectors item one day.

Hummer - Again not a bad vehicle, and if gas is an issue I can think of other cars as well.

Here's the entire list so you don't have to go through each one.

http://www.time.com/time/specials/2007/completelist/0,,1658545,00.html

GoonBoss
05-10-2009, 04:50 AM
What good is a list like this without the Fiero?

The_Dark_Knight
05-12-2009, 03:38 PM
How is the Ford Model T on this list? It was the first car that was mass produced and affordable enough for people to actually buy a car. I'm not understanding this one. If it weren't for the Model T, Americans might have been in the horse and buggy for a few years longer.