PDA

View Full Version : Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority to ban workers' phone use on the job

BAMAPHIN 22
05-10-2009, 08:37 PM
"Leave it at home. Leave it in your car. Leave it with a friend. Leave it in a locker. But you are not to get on board that bus or [train or trolley] and have a cellphone on your person or in the cab. Period," said Daniel A. Grabauskas. "This is going to be a zero-tolerance policy."

The proposed rule came less than a day after a Green Line operator told investigators from his hospital bed that he was tapping out a text message to his girlfriend just before his trolley slammed into the back of another on Friday night. The crash injured dozens of passengers, derailed both trains, and caused the Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority to suspend service at Government Center.

http://www.boston.com/news/local/massachusetts/articles/2009/05/10/t_to_ban_workers_phone_use_on_the_job/

1 dol fan
05-10-2009, 09:07 PM
It makes sense to not text while you are operating a motor vehicle... especially a car or anything bigger.

PassRush
05-11-2009, 11:04 AM
I saw a dude texting on a motorcycle going down I-64 the other day. It pisses me off.

SpurzN703
05-11-2009, 11:31 AM
Give him the chair