PDA

View Full Version : R.I.P. Craigslist Erotic Ads Section

dreday
05-15-2009, 06:29 PM
http://www.clickz.com/3633733

By this time next week, Craigslist's "Erotic Services" section will be gone. Under pressure from several states, the site is shuttering the controversial section, where the purveyors of "massage," "boudoir photo" and other euphemistically described services could pay a fee to advertise.

However those businesses will still have a home on the site, as long as they keep it legal and conform to Craigslist's policies. With the approval of state Attorneys General and law enforcement, the classifieds giant said it will soon create a new "adult services" section. Rather than being subject only to its community flagging system as other sections are, the adult section will be moderated by humans to prevent the sale of sexual services. As with the "erotic" ads, "adult" postings will cost a small fee.

The decision to do away with the ads came as Craigslist fell under pressure from several state prosecutors, including those in Illinois and Connecticut, to do more to prevent prostitution. Their investigation was driven partly by its possible role in the recent murder of a massage therapist by a Boston medical student.

In a statement, Craigslist said the move delivers an "acceptable compromise" between its users, state AGs, law enforcement officials, and legal erotic services businesses. But it struck a defiant tone against those who it believes have mischaracterized its role in perpetrating criminal activity.

ih8brady
05-15-2009, 08:16 PM
:boohoo::boohoo:

1 dol fan
05-15-2009, 08:47 PM
If I a full body massage doesn't include my dong, then it ain't a full body massage!

Don't make liars out of good people... let them speak the truth!