PDA

View Full Version : Taken

CA Dolfan
05-18-2009, 11:50 AM
Rented it this weekend. Good movie. Lots of action. Wouldn't have ever considered Leam Neeson for this role but he was quite believable.

finataxia24
05-18-2009, 03:03 PM
he should be the next james bond

poornate
05-18-2009, 04:30 PM
I thought they had already picked someone... I can't remember who he was... I think it was notable because they tabbed a black guy for the new Bond...

FinFrenzy
05-18-2009, 04:31 PM
I liked the movie just wish they would have done more on the "good luck" phrase on finding him.

burger13
05-18-2009, 04:44 PM
just watched it this weekend....meh

I really wanted to see this, IMO, they did a great job with the trailer.....but the the acting was disturbingly bad....especially by the daughter (who taught that girl how to run??). Even the mother (don't want to butcher spelling her name) was dad in this....and I never minded her in the X-Men movies.

Everything I heard was how good the action was....and it was ok, but not good enough to carry the movie.

jared81
05-21-2009, 10:47 PM
not a good movie, they could of made this movie so much better and longer. there was no twist, poorly tied together.

poornate
05-21-2009, 11:18 PM
Ok... In my life 3 people have said that this was one of the greatest movies ever and three have said it was, to quote the astute observer above, "meh"... What's the deal? Must I watch a "meh" movie to satisfy my jones?

jared81
05-22-2009, 12:34 PM
Ok... In my life 3 people have said that this was one of the greatest movies ever and three have said it was, to quote the astute observer above, "meh"... What's the deal? Must I watch a "meh" movie to satisfy my jones?

as you see, i didnt like it, but you should still watch it yourself to form your own opinion. before i watched this movie, i built it up to be an awesome one, probably didnt help. i just think this movie lacked the twist and turns that you would expect from a good crime drama. on a side note, i saw valkerye last night, and i absolutley loved it.

jared81
05-22-2009, 12:36 PM
just watched it this weekend....meh

I really wanted to see this, IMO, they did a great job with the trailer.....but the the acting was disturbingly bad....especially by the daughter (who taught that girl how to run??). Even the mother (don't want to butcher spelling her name) was dad in this....and I never minded her in the X-Men movies.

Everything I heard was how good the action was....and it was ok, but not good enough to carry the movie.

:lol:.........DUUUUUUDE!!!! i was thinking the same thing, she looked like a freaking idiot. she acted like she was 4 years old. :lol:.......i could not stand her, i was actually rooting for her to get kidnapped.

SpaceMountain16
05-22-2009, 01:01 PM
I liked it a lot, and i love the line he gives to the terrorist on the phone. One of the great movie quotes i've ever heard. The whole "I will find you, and i will kill you" thing.

burger13
05-26-2009, 09:03 PM
I liked it a lot, and i love the line he gives to the terrorist on the phone. One of the great movie quotes i've ever heard. The whole "I will find you, and i will kill you" thing.

I agree....it was part of what made the trailer so great....which in turn left me wanting more when I was actually watching the movie.

Arsenal WV
05-26-2009, 09:22 PM
I love the movie

one of my top 20 favorites ever, for sure

Dolfan3773
06-02-2009, 11:04 PM
pretty good movie

Possum
06-03-2009, 12:44 AM
Liam Neeson is bada**.