PDA

View Full Version : Top States with America's Worst Drivers

BAMAPHIN 22
05-21-2009, 11:11 AM
Worried about getting hit by some careless driver (http://abcnews.go.com/Video/playerIndex?id=7522384) who doesn't know the rules of the road (http://abcnews.go.com/Video/playerIndex?id=7607339)? Well then you might want to steer clear of New York, New Jersey, Hawaii and California.

Those four states top this year's list of the states with the worst drivers (http://abcnews.go.com/Video/playerIndex?id=7627661), according to a survey performed by GMAC Insurance.

"Their drivers, for whatever reason, are less familiar with the rules of the road," said Wade Bontrager, a senior vice president for GMAC Insurance which ranked drivers. "People need to be understand that they need to be educated. They need to remember the rules of the road and that educated drivers are safer drivers (http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory?id=7631434)."

http://abcnews.go.com/Business/story?id=7637202&page=1

PhinzN703
05-21-2009, 11:17 AM
Maryland needs to be in the Top 5. Hell even VA has insane and idiotic maggots driving around the area

fishfanfromjerz
05-21-2009, 11:34 AM
This is a BS list. Yes, 100 % New Yorkers are the worst drivers. Period.

Sure there are some idiots in Jersey that can't drive, but I feel 1000 times safer driving in Jersey than I do in Florida.

And for any New Yorkers reading this, I have to deal with both NY and NJ drivers every damn day. So I am not biased in saying that New Yorkers should be stripped of all driving privelages

Bumpus
05-21-2009, 12:27 PM
IMO, Ohio drivers need to be on this list.

Hey Buckeyes, it's called a blinker ... use it.

Clipse
05-21-2009, 01:18 PM
I agree with New Jersey and New York drivers, but how in the hell does North Carolina not get into the top 5?

MoFinz
05-21-2009, 03:05 PM
I agree with New Jersey and New York drivers, but how in the hell does North Carolina not get into the top 5?

I'm surprised about that as well...i went down to Myrtle beach a couple weeks back and NC drivers slowed me down by more than 30 minutes.....brain dead yuppies clog the hammer lanes to a crawl....why have a 70MPH speed limit if youre going to be in the left lane doing 60 for 50 miles....retards:crazy:

eger
05-21-2009, 04:04 PM
Drivers are bad everywhere, we're all human, we all do the same thing.

1 dol fan
05-21-2009, 07:50 PM
Drivers are bad everywhere, we're all human, we all do the same thing.
I beg to differ... Wisconsin has some of the best drivers I've seen anywhere... maybe its because half of us are being really careful because we have a drink or two in us?

RaboGrande24
05-21-2009, 10:49 PM
sorry but MIAMI has the worst drivers in history. We speed up just so that car next to us wont cut in front lol

CedarPhin
05-21-2009, 10:51 PM
Tampa drivers are bad.

California drivers are bad in certain areas.

poornate
05-21-2009, 11:12 PM
Maryland needs to be in the Top 5. Hell even VA has insane and idiotic maggots driving around the area

Anywhere within 50 miles of the District has to be listed twice...

PhinzN703
05-22-2009, 09:55 AM
Anywhere within 50 miles of the District has to be listed twice...

Hell even 30 seconds from where I'm sitting can be listed twice :lol:

eger
05-22-2009, 12:17 PM
I beg to differ... Wisconsin has some of the best drivers I've seen anywhere... maybe its because half of us are being really careful because we have a drink or two in us?

I would probably disagree with you if I went there. Wisconsin drivers probably drive as slow as molases. :lol:

Same here in Tx, everyone drives like they have no destination.

eger
05-22-2009, 12:22 PM
sorry but MIAMI has the worst drivers in history. We speed up just so that car next to us wont cut in front lol

In San Antonio, if you leave more than a car length in front of you someone will squeeze in.

If you have a open lane ahead of you, you're driving faster than everyone else, someone ahead of you will pull into your lane and drive slow.

In Texas, using your horn is considered rude, and if you do use it you will get a middle finger. I sat at a green light one day, for 30 seconds and nobody moved. Nobody honked their horn either. In South Florida if you sit at a green light for more than 3 seconds and don't move everyone honks their horns. Green lights in South Fl are treated like a green light at the drag strip, launch your car as soon as it turns green.

In San Antonio every light has a camera, I have yet to see anyone run a red light here. South Fl is the exact oppisite.

GoonBoss
05-22-2009, 01:21 PM
Take a drive down US 1 (Roosevelt Blvd) in Philly. [/Thread]

Dolfan3773
05-22-2009, 04:43 PM
Miami drivers are bad....you got young and old folks (who shouldnt be behind the wheel) driving 30 mph on the Turnpike, 836, and 826 (all busy highways) and most the time theyre on the fast lane and those same people are the ones cutting across the highways to try and make the exit. They cut 3-5 lanes across with no care. I dont understand how they dont know in what lane to stay, we drive this everyday! You got people merging or switching into your lane to drive way under the speed limit. Like mentioned above you got people who run red lights like its all good.

Man if I continue I can write a book about the crappy drivers in Miami..LOL

1 dol fan
05-22-2009, 05:22 PM
Are we all in agreement that driving under the speedl imit is often times more dangerous (and frequent) than over?

Irishfinfan
05-22-2009, 05:27 PM
Its so tough to call, I live in Cape Coral and during the winter its basically every old retired person from NY,Ohio,Mich,Ontario,and Indiana all driving very bad. During the summers when all the snowbirds go home its not that bad though.

Dolfan3773
05-22-2009, 05:39 PM
Are we all in agreement that driving under the speedl imit is often times more dangerous (and frequent) than over?

Both are dangerous but yeah driving under is really bad

PhinzN703
05-23-2009, 08:07 AM

Of course. When you combine that with idiots who speed (which is often), it doesn't end well.

The_Dark_Knight
05-23-2009, 06:28 PM
New Mexico at 19??????? Are you ****ting me?? This is a state in which people don't move out of the left hand lane on the highway, believing they have no obligation to drive in the right hand lane and pass in the left.

CedarPhin
05-23-2009, 06:34 PM
Oregon has terrible drivers too.

CedarPhin
05-23-2009, 06:34 PM
So does Utah.

GCD960
05-23-2009, 08:23 PM
This is more like an IQ test then anything else. I may know the rules but it doestn mean i will apply them. I scored a 65% and i am from NJ. WHo gives a ****, FL has very very bad drivers. That place is nuts and i drive in NY all the time. whatever, this test sucks

cafinfan408
05-25-2009, 05:27 AM
Tampa drivers are bad.

California drivers are bad in certain areas.

you mean the bay area..
not to contribute to the stereotype but asian drivers will make you crazy
they dont understand the meaning of merge

CedarPhin
05-25-2009, 05:31 AM
Bay Area traffic is horrible. Dublin/Pleasanton always has bumper to bumper traffic too, like every day.

Yeah, BA traffic is horrendous.

Possum
05-25-2009, 05:59 AM
http://abcnews.go.com/Business/story?id=7637202&page=1
obviously they missed orlando and I-4.

cafinfan408
05-25-2009, 08:25 AM
Bay Area traffic is horrible. Dublin/Pleasanton always has bumper to bumper traffic too, like every day.

Yeah, BA traffic is horrendous.

yea nothing like a like a lil 580,680,or 880 to make your day a whole lot better

Miamian
05-25-2009, 10:04 AM
Florida probably went down farther because of north Florida, where there is an aspect of sanity in the driving. In Miami, it's a free-for-all because you have so many people who come from places where, if there is law regarding conservative driving, it's customary to ignore it and people feel accustomed to getting away with that. Add to whose design is not conducive to transit and voila, a recipe for horrendousness.

Even so, if you want to see something amusing, come to Israel. Not only will they start honking at buses loading passengers, public utility vehicles, to say the least at anyone without a ton of alacrity for moving immediately at a green light, they actually follow them down the road honking.

poornate
05-26-2009, 10:01 AM
...there is active backup for me in this thread... for bad driving and unpredictability, there is no where like the District... I have driven in NY, etc.... all over the country... DC is hell....

PhinzN703
05-26-2009, 10:50 AM
...there is active backup for me in this thread... for bad driving and unpredictability, there is no where like the District... I have driven in NY, etc.... all over the country... DC is hell....

I don't like D.C. b/c you have to look for pedestrians, cyclists, stop signs and red lights every friggin second. My GPS helps me get around downtown if I need to drive there but the Metro is by far the best way to get in and around D.C.

poornate
05-26-2009, 11:08 AM
....yeah... except for the fact that my GPS always dumps me in DuPont Circle at 5pm ...

PhinzN703
05-26-2009, 11:36 AM
....yeah... except for the fact that my GPS always dumps me in DuPont Circle at 5pm ...

Not that there's anything wrong with it

BobDole
05-29-2009, 12:51 PM
i take it the people that made that list have never driven around the carolinas. not recommended.