PDA

View Full Version : I reluctantly went to see the Star Trek movie

Amars
05-25-2009, 03:14 AM
I am not a Star Trek fan by any means but went to see it because it just happen to be starting when I arrived at the theater. I have to say that movie was awesome. I totally recommend it. Even though I was faded (2 double shot of tequila) before I enter the movie, that movie kept me so entertained.

Bumpus
05-25-2009, 08:03 AM
:lol:
Interesting endorsement.

IMO, four shots of tequila make everything more interesting. :up:

WeVie
05-25-2009, 08:08 AM
that movie was great. I remember seeing one of the previews on tv and it saying this is not your fathers star trek. So True!

PhinzN703
05-25-2009, 12:30 PM
No interest in seeing it on my end :D

1 dol fan
05-25-2009, 12:41 PM
It really is that great! I'm glad I'm not the only person who thinks this.

Amars
05-25-2009, 12:51 PM
No interest in seeing it on my end :D

I was thinking the same. I was in line thinking really star trek. I was not excited but said F it since I didnt want to wait for Terminator next show. Right from the start there was non stop action and the story was great. I was impressed. I had to go to the bathroom to relieve my drunkeness and i waited till the movie ended because there was so much action. Made the 2hrs go by fast.

SpaceMountain16
05-25-2009, 01:46 PM
That's what i'm saying, non-fans of the series (like myself) can enjoy the movie a lot, thats why it's so good.

Nublar7
05-25-2009, 02:42 PM
I feel the same exact way. Not at all a Star Trek fan, but I went to see this new movie and thought it was awesome. Blows the new Star Wars prequels out of the water. I also highly recommend it.

So far this summer I have seen Star Trek, Angels and Demons and Terminator Salvation. Star Trek was by far the best so far.

Kobe
05-25-2009, 09:26 PM
I wanted to see it pretty badly, but my girlfriend did not care to see it. After some convincing I got her to go. Afterwards she was like whoa, that was pretty damn good.

I also loved it. Non stop action with cool special effects. I believe the guy who played young spock played it PERFECTLY.

PhinzN703
05-25-2009, 11:49 PM
I was thinking the same. I was in line thinking really star trek. I was not excited but said F it since I didnt want to wait for Terminator next show. Right from the start there was non stop action and the story was great. I was impressed. I had to go to the bathroom to relieve my drunkeness and i waited till the movie ended because there was so much action. Made the 2hrs go by fast.

I know what you're saying but I have no interest in old or new Star Trek. I'm not interested in Terminator either. T2 is my favorite movie of the series and I don't want to see anything else they have in store for the franchise.

dreday
05-26-2009, 12:24 PM
Even though I was faded (2 double shot of tequila)

Wait this got you faded?Teh lightweight.:D

SpaceMountain16
05-26-2009, 02:59 PM
I'm going to see T4 today, so we'll see.

Amars
05-26-2009, 06:39 PM
Wait this got you faded?Teh lightweight.:D

I havent had a shot of anything since my 23 birthday started at 10am i was out by 4pm. I took 10 tequila shot in less then a minute (stupid me). I dont remember anything but boy i have seen the pictures. Just the smell of Tequila makes me want to gag. I drink mostly beer now.

Nublar7
05-26-2009, 06:58 PM
I'm going to see T4 today, so we'll see.Sadly, I wasn't impressed with Terminator Salvation. It had promise to be something really good, but they failed to deliver.

1 dol fan
05-26-2009, 07:09 PM
I know what you're saying but I have no interest in old or new Star Trek. I'm not interested in Terminator either. T2 is my favorite movie of the series and I don't want to see anything else they have in store for the franchise.
Spurz (yea, that's right... not buying into the new self image thing), why must you be so stubborn? It is likely going to be one of the best movies f the year... please see it!!!