PDA

View Full Version : Mike Judge: The Goode Family

GoonBoss
05-27-2009, 09:12 PM
Watching an episode right now.......Got to say....It's irritating the crap out of me. Not nearly as good as his other work.

finataxia24
05-27-2009, 11:37 PM
the goode family abc mike judge's new show (http://www.finheaven.com/forums/f10/the-goode-family-abc-mike-judges-new-show-249860.html)

Tetragrammaton
05-28-2009, 01:11 AM
I didn't watch it, but it doesn't sound like a joke that can go on for too long. It would have been much better if the family had been the supporting characters in King of the Hill.

GoonBoss
05-28-2009, 08:52 AM
I didn't watch it, but it doesn't sound like a joke that can go on for too long. It would have been much better if the family had been the supporting characters in King of the Hill.

I watched the whole episode. I respect Judge and what he's been able to do in general, so, I'll probably give it another chance, but, here I go;

In comparison to Judge's other work, the Goode family does not seem to be written with the same genuine care, or, enthusiasm for the characters that the other shows had. For instance, Bevis and Butthead, for all it's snarkyness had characters that you thought you knew...At least a little bit. King of the Hill is remarkably well written, and you'll see that if you ever move to a suburb of Dallas.

The jokes fall flat. One thing you could count on with King of the Hill was that while you weren't going to Guffaw out loud, the show was good for at least one good laugh and, four or five out loud chuckles. I didn't find even one in The Goode Family. The jokes are predictable and hack. Every "boggle" that a green family would encounter, that's already been done before, is re hashed here with such alarming frequency, you wonder if he's going to have any more left for the second show.

The animation is terrible, IMO, and the characters all seem like complete twits and nitwits....Exept for the predictable wise old black family that lives next door. Honestly, I just don't think Judge tried.

PhinzN703
05-28-2009, 09:56 AM

From the preview I saw of it, the characters on the new show IMO look and sound exactly like KOTH. That being said, I lost interest in KOTH forever ago so this new show holds no interest in me.

d-day
05-28-2009, 05:02 PM
i thought the show was money - lots of laughs - the collard/colored joke was worth the 30 minutes alone

Tetragrammaton
05-28-2009, 05:38 PM
i thought the show was money - lots of laughs - the collard/colored joke was worth the 30 minutes alone

But they stole that joke straight from the Office.

ih8brady
05-28-2009, 06:45 PM
But they stole that joke straight from the Office.

Check out the credits, Dane Cook and Carlos Mencia were assistant writers. :d-day:

GoonBoss
05-28-2009, 07:28 PM
Honestly, every funny joke I'd felt like I'd heard before a few times. Judge sounds exactly like the Hippie teacher character from Bevis and Butthead.

CedarPhin
05-28-2009, 08:16 PM
I watched the whole episode. I respect Judge and what he's been able to do in general, so, I'll probably give it another chance, but, here I go;

In comparison to Judge's other work, the Goode family does not seem to be written with the same genuine care, or, enthusiasm for the characters that the other shows had. For instance, Bevis and Butthead, for all it's snarkyness had characters that you thought you knew...At least a little bit. King of the Hill is remarkably well written, and you'll see that if you ever move to a suburb of Dallas.

The jokes fall flat. One thing you could count on with King of the Hill was that while you weren't going to Guffaw out loud, the show was good for at least one good laugh and, four or five out loud chuckles. I didn't find even one in The Goode Family. The jokes are predictable and hack. Every "boggle" that a green family would encounter, that's already been done before, is re hashed here with such alarming frequency, you wonder if he's going to have any more left for the second show.

The animation is terrible, IMO, and the characters all seem like complete twits and nitwits....Exept for the predictable wise old black family that lives next door. Honestly, I just don't think Judge tried.

Not only was Beavis and Butthead a funny show, it was also witty social commentary as well.

Probably one of my favorite shows ever.

CedarPhin
05-28-2009, 08:18 PM
The one dude's voice in "The Goode Family" has the same voice as Mr. Van Driesen on B&B.

d-day
05-28-2009, 09:56 PM
who cares! funnah is funnah

CedarPhin
05-28-2009, 10:02 PM
I can do an exact impression of Mr. McVicker from Beavis and Butthead.

poornate
05-28-2009, 10:47 PM
Hhhmmm... I thought it was a lame piece of crap.... And, yes, that's how i really feel...

PhinzN703
05-28-2009, 10:51 PM
Hhhmmm... I thought it was a lame piece of crap.... And, yes, that's how i really feel...

Really?

BobDole
05-29-2009, 12:17 PM
cancelled any further recording of that show after i agonized through the first episode. just awful.

d-day
05-29-2009, 12:19 PM
cancelled any further recording of that show after i agonized through the first episode. just awful.

hahahahahaha - all i needed to hear - if bobdole hates it, i know i'm going to love it!

BobDole
05-29-2009, 12:29 PM
hahahahahaha - all i needed to hear - if bobdole hates it, i know i'm going to love it!

:woot:

caught your boys kings of leon a few weeks ago at ucf. they put on a great show but where in the hell do they get off charging $50 a head?

d-day
05-29-2009, 12:31 PM
:woot:

caught your boys kings of leon a few weeks ago at ucf. they put on a great show but where in the hell do they get off charging $50 a head?

oh man, that blows - i'm so over that band - they we're so much better when they were younger and hungrier... and cheaper too!

BobDole
05-29-2009, 01:03 PM
oh man, that blows - i'm so over that band - they we're so much better when they were younger and hungrier... and cheaper too!

yup. they are trying to sell out at ludicrous speed.

Tetragrammaton
05-30-2009, 12:39 AM
What the hell, Conor. I wanted to go to Kings of Leon but had no one to go with.

BobDole
05-31-2009, 02:53 PM
What the hell, Conor. I wanted to go to Kings of Leon but had no one to go with.

i had a friend that got me a ticket at the last minute through his work so i got lucky. i wasn't about to spend $50 to see them - good show though.