PDA

View Full Version : Barcelona, European Champions

Phinglish
05-28-2009, 05:08 AM
Soccer.

Barcelona embarass Manchester United to claim European crown.

Don't know if anyone watched it but United were scholled last night by the supposed underdogs from Spain.

Fair play to Barca. Technically, they are one of the greatest teams in the history of the game.

MiamiDolphins34
05-30-2009, 06:06 PM
We pwned em:D

<---this Spaniard is a happy camper:hump:

Cocelesti
05-30-2009, 06:28 PM
I had the opportunity to see the whole match with a few friends. Of cause we were ready for the usual intake (Heineken proud sponsor of CL football) and some chips to dipp. I must say the match was not the best finale I had seen the past several years, but it was certainly not too boring either.

It surprises me a bit that Manchester United did not have more to offer than the first 10 minutes of the match. Everything then was almost only Fc Barcelona. United's defense looked quite pitiful at times and it could easily have been scored 2 goals further in my opinion for Barca.

Generally I was not very impressed by United with their strength in dead balls during the match. If you not play hard on dead balls then it usually cost you a goal or two.

I gotta take my hat off to a nice event in Rome on olympico stadium. Really nice done before the match and not too many details after the match. Simple and beautifully made.

Guardiola deserves perhaps the greatest merit of the whole Barcelona's success this year. I thought a lot had Manchester United as a slightly favorite before the match, but credit to Guardiola for put his guys up to the match.
Congratulations to all 3 titles in this season!