PDA

View Full Version : Orlando Magic In NBA Finals

Aqua and Orange
05-31-2009, 10:48 PM
Congrats to all of the Orlando Magic fans on Finheaven. We have been screwed ever since Shaq left and now we have a chance to have our best season in franchise history with just one more win.

Screw one more win. Let's win it all this year. GO MAGIC!

MelbournePhin
05-31-2009, 11:20 PM
gonna be tough, we can do it

Amars
06-01-2009, 11:43 PM
Lakers in 6.:up::up: Hoping for a good series.

dreday
06-02-2009, 01:01 AM
Hope its a great series...Go Orlando!

PhinzN703
06-02-2009, 04:09 PM
Give 'em hell O-Lando

Dolfan3773
06-02-2009, 10:46 PM
I'm a Heat fan but I will be rooting for Orlando. I hate Kobe and the Lakers with a passion!

Amars
06-02-2009, 11:50 PM
You should love the lakers. If it wasnt for us you wouldnt have a championship. Your lucky your in the east.

Possum
06-03-2009, 12:40 AM
I'm a Heat fan but I will be rooting for Orlando. I hate Kobe and the Lakers with a passion!
:woot:

Possum
06-03-2009, 01:19 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2009/news/story?id=4225693
well that seals it then.

Dolfan3773
06-03-2009, 12:11 PM
You should love the lakers. If it wasnt for us you wouldnt have a championship. Your lucky your in the east.

Shaq won all your championships, He didnt win none for us. Our star player could take his team on his shoulder and actually win one.

Amars
06-04-2009, 12:09 AM
Shaq won all your championships, He didnt win none for us. Our star player could take his team on his shoulder and actually win one.

biggest load of **** ever heard. What did Shaq win before Kobe? and he had a better team pre-kobe then the back2back2back Lakers. If it wasnt for him the heat wouldnt of made it to the championship game. Lets not get into the record FT by Wade which many were ticky tack and of all thing in the finals. What has Dwade done since Shaq? The heat have had one of the worst season ever in nba history so he packed it in early. They wouldnt even qualify for the playoffs this year if they were in the west. Lucky for them they are in the top heavy east and still lost to the Hawks. And yes the east is weak when you can have a under .500 team qualify for the playoffs. I doubt Wade get back to the Conf Championship anytime soon with Lebron and Howard in the east. Have fun watching Kobe in the Finals probably multiple times over the next 5 years.

dreday
06-04-2009, 02:10 PM
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2009/06/2900DwightHowardDunk-1.jpg (http://www.hotchyx.com/)

Yall ready for this???!!!!!!!

Amars
06-04-2009, 02:18 PM
The NBA All Star dunk competition is not until next year. Feb 13,2010.

dreday
06-04-2009, 02:31 PM
The NBA All Star dunk competition is not until next year. Feb 13,2010.

Might as well be in this yrs finals...Its tha man of steel babuh!!!:up:

ChambersWI
06-04-2009, 02:35 PM
this is also a very interesting series despite people not getting Kobe/LeBron.

The only reason I could see LA running away here is because of the lack of championship experience on Orlando. I think the only guys that have final experience are Tyron Lue and Anthony Johnson; Lue probably won't see any time, and if Jameer Nelson can go, AJ won't see much either. Almost the entire LA roster is the same from last year, plus Fisher and Kobe have been to 5 finals.

This should be a better series than LA/Cleveland (While Cleveland's supporting cast was good during the regular season, they were awful this postseason, while LA has had multiple people step up even if they're bench isn't as dominant as it was last year), and I wouldn't be shocked if Orlando won.

SuavePhin
06-04-2009, 03:17 PM
Lakers in 6.:up::up: Hoping for a good series.

Oh bullsheeettt, you'd prefer, and be tickled pink if it was a 4-0 sweep :lol:

MelbournePhin
06-04-2009, 03:21 PM
magic in 6 ;)

Amars
06-04-2009, 04:00 PM
this is also a very interesting series despite people not getting Kobe/LeBron.

The only reason I could see LA running away here is because of the lack of championship experience on Orlando. I think the only guys that have final experience are Tyron Lue and Anthony Johnson; Lue probably won't see any time, and if Jameer Nelson can go, AJ won't see much either. Almost the entire LA roster is the same from last year, plus Fisher and Kobe have been to 5 finals.

This should be a better series than LA/Cleveland (While Cleveland's supporting cast was good during the regular season, they were awful this postseason, while LA has had multiple people step up even if they're bench isn't as dominant as it was last year), and I wouldn't be shocked if Orlando won.

Sun Sentinel just reported there is hardly any chance Nelson sees the floor in the finals.

Also i think this will be a better series then la vs cle

MelbournePhin
06-04-2009, 06:19 PM
we dont need jameer to win. anything he gives us is an added bonus. he will play this series imo

ChambersWI
06-04-2009, 09:15 PM
from ABC Nelson will play and is the first guard off the bench when subs are made

Amars
06-04-2009, 10:07 PM
nice smokescreen by the o.s.

MelbournePhin
06-04-2009, 11:04 PM
ouch. need to bounce back for game 2. bouncing back is nothing new for this team

Dolphan7
06-04-2009, 11:46 PM
The Magic shot horrible. I expect a better game from them Sunday. But I wonder what type of psychological damage has been done. Kobe is willing his team to win, making his team mates better players. When the Lakers play like they did tonight, which they are capable of with Kobe pushing them onward, what does Orlando do to compete? Do they have what it takes? Can they stop Kobe, Gasol, Odom....and Luke Walton had a great game off the bench!!

Amars
06-04-2009, 11:48 PM
that was ugly.

moe
06-05-2009, 12:00 AM
here's the thing,

I know the magic are a great 3-point shooting team, but they do not need to rely on the 3 to win. Both Hedo and Rashard are very capable of scoring in the paint. I think that is what they're gonna have to do if they want to win this championship.

Amars
06-05-2009, 12:19 AM
cant win with the long ball. The Magic live and die by the 3 it seems. It similar to what I always said you cant win with the running style offense that the suns ran. You got to win in the paint by the post game or penetration in the half court.

kud
06-05-2009, 04:51 AM
cant win with the long ball. The Magic live and die by the 3 it seems. It similar to what I always said you cant win with the running style offense that the suns ran. You got to win in the paint by the post game or penetration in the half court.

Yeah, surely the Magic having one of, if not the worst performances of their entire season had nothing to do with it. And in case you didn't notice the 3 ball wasn't the big problem. In fact they shot 35% from 3, which isn't terrible. -14 in rebounding is terrible however.

Chalk it up to stage fright. They should be much more competitive in game 2.

Amars
06-05-2009, 07:35 AM
Yeah, surely the Magic having one of, if not the worst performances of their entire season had nothing to do with it. And in case you didn't notice the 3 ball wasn't the big problem. In fact they shot 35% from 3, which isn't terrible. -14 in rebounding is terrible however.

Chalk it up to stage fright. They should be much more competitive in game 2.

when you shoot from beyond 18 feet and out constantly and miss it difficult to get long rebounds with the bigs the Lakers have. But Howard come on 1-6 from the field. 0 fg in the last 45min. No excuse for that.

PhinzN703
06-05-2009, 10:11 AM
Nice game Magic :(

MelbournePhin
06-12-2009, 08:32 PM
oh well, it was a good year as nobody expected us to be here. we will be back

Amars
06-13-2009, 12:04 AM
Good young team. Need a veteran leader for crunch time situation. They gained experience and they should learn alot from these finals. Both these team were evenly matched so its not lack of talented skilled player. They should be back in the ECF next year.

phinman1
06-13-2009, 08:02 PM
Good young team. Need a veteran leader for crunch time situation. They gained experience and they should learn alot from these finals. Both these team were evenly matched so its not lack of talented skilled player. They should be back in the ECF next year.

They have Nelson. Reference the two games during the regular season in which he led the Magic to victory over the Lakers in crunch time.

He's not the same player now obviously, and SVG's decision to play him over Alston is being blasted here in Orlando.

MelbournePhin
06-14-2009, 10:20 AM
a healthy jameer makes the difference in these finals. oh well we get it next year

BleedinGreenNC
06-14-2009, 10:46 PM
a healthy jameer makes the difference in these finals. oh well we get it next year

I dont think that would have mattered.

Dolphins7273
06-14-2009, 11:02 PM
Well, at least they didn't get swept this time around.