PDA

View Full Version : going to florida, need serious advice

JT-forpresident
06-01-2009, 03:52 AM
hey guys, i'm coming to florida to see a fins game... i have a timeshare condo and right now i have access to:

- fort lauderdale, on the beach
- hollywood, on the beach
- miami, straight on ocean drive (up north)

my question is... for those who know the area well... what should i do?

i'm looking for some time near the beach but i also want to go out in clubs and stuff... and that's my main problem. If i stay nearby the 1400's on ocean drive, is it worth the "sacrifice" of not being on the beach and being closer to clubs, or am i on the wrong track ?:confused: any help/advice is welcomed

JCane
06-01-2009, 06:16 AM
Stay in Ft. Lauderdale. Ocean Drive is nice but you don't have to be right in the middle of South Beach. I like South Beach but it's just too overpriced. The clubs aren't any better than the ones found in Las Olas and Ft. Lauderdale and the crowds at the clubs in South Beach are generally too snotty. Ft. Lauderdale is where it's at. Bars galore in Las Olas. Right on the beach. Girls everywhere. Reasonably priced drinks. Give me Ft. Lauderdale anyday.

SpurzN703
06-01-2009, 10:02 AM
hey guys, i'm coming to florida to see a fins game... i have a timeshare condo and right now i have access to:

- fort lauderdale, on the beach
- hollywood, on the beach
- miami, straight on ocean drive (up north)

my question is... for those who know the area well... what should i do?

i'm looking for some time near the beach but i also want to go out in clubs and stuff... and that's my main problem. If i stay nearby the 1400's on ocean drive, is it worth the "sacrifice" of not being on the beach and being closer to clubs, or am i on the wrong track ?:confused: any help/advice is welcomed

I'd love to be at any of the 3 you mentioned man. My favorite is Hollywood though. I don't give a damn about the clubs or any of that crazy night life and Hollywood is more tame then SoBe.

Either way you'll have a kick-*** time. Which game you going to?

fishfanfromjerz
06-01-2009, 10:05 AM
I usually suggest partying one night at the hard rock.... Booze, clubs, bars, food, gambling, etc.... All in one place....and some pretty good looking women also..... The women of south Florida have been kind to me EVERY time I have been there, so I have to recommend this place

JT-forpresident
06-01-2009, 12:58 PM
I'd love to be at any of the 3 you mentioned man. My favorite is Hollywood though. I don't give a damn about the clubs or any of that crazy night life and Hollywood is more tame then SoBe.

Either way you'll have a kick-*** time. Which game you going to?

i'm going to the saints game... it's gonna be one helluva show !

perfect1
06-01-2009, 05:24 PM
Just got back on sunday may 31 yesterday. My wife and I stayed at the Ramada on ocean drive Hollywood beach, great place, people, and time.
The food was good the bars were crazy fun especially Omalys

SpurzN703
06-01-2009, 05:27 PM
I usually suggest partying one night at the hard rock.... Booze, clubs, bars, food, gambling, etc.... All in one place....and some pretty good looking women also..... The women of south Florida have been kind to me EVERY time I have been there, so I have to recommend this place

I'm going to the Hard Rock for the first time this year. I've been down every year since 2001 (sans last year) and it's time to shake it up and try new ****. I love gambling and where better to do it then South Florida?

:d-day:

SpurzN703
06-01-2009, 05:29 PM
Just got back on sunday may 31 yesterday. My wife and I stayed at the Ramada on ocean drive Hollywood beach, great place, people, and time.
The food was good the bars were crazy fun especially Omalys

Was this the place you stayed?

Ramada Hollywood Beach Resort (http://travel.ian.com/hotel/propertydetails/199029/PHOTOS?isHRN=true&travelDetail=%5B20091002-3%5D2&cid=131241#)

http://travel.ian.com/hotel/propertydetails/199029/PHOTOS?isHRN=true&travelDetail=[20091002-3]2&cid=131241#

perfect1
06-01-2009, 05:39 PM
it sure was got it threw expidia flight and hotel about 600$ five days four nights includes breakfast

Lappy
06-01-2009, 05:40 PM
Stay away from Wade's house.

perfect1
06-01-2009, 05:46 PM

also went to the stadium but they were fumigating but got to buy a hat from the pro store they moved the Marino and shula statues inside cuz it was raining and its baseball season

SpurzN703
06-01-2009, 07:26 PM

Hey Lap, I didn't notice until now but the sig I made uses the same pic as you. I'll whip up another one so we don't have duplicates.

SpurzN703
06-01-2009, 07:28 PM
it sure was got it threw expidia flight and hotel about 600$ five days four nights includes breakfast

You sure? Tripadvisor.com sure doesn't paint a pretty picture of that hotel

Dolfan3773
06-01-2009, 08:15 PM
I'm going to the Hard Rock for the first time this year. I've been down every year since 2001 (sans last year) and it's time to shake it up and try new ****. I love gambling and where better to do it then South Florida?

:d-day:

The Hard Rock is awesome. You will have a good time...:up:

I recommend going to Tequila Ranch...awesome place

http://www.tequilaranch.com/

SpurzN703
06-01-2009, 08:35 PM

I wouldn't mind checking that out at all :d-day:

fishfanfromjerz
06-01-2009, 11:37 PM

damn, i gotta get the fu** outta jersey.....just looking at the pics of these chicks on that bull makes me want to fly down there for the weekend..............we got a place near me that has a mechanical bull, and the women getting on it look NOTHING like those chicks.

is that place near hard rock? noticed is was on seminole road....if so, i can guarantee ill be checking that place out in the fall when i come down

JCane
06-02-2009, 12:04 AM
JT, I'm not sure how much money you plan on bringing or any of that, but Miami and South Florida has a lot to offer when it comes to cuisine. I highly recommend eating very upscale for at least one night. I'd recommend Smith and Wollensky, Prime 112, Shula's Steakhouse, Nikki Beach, or Joe's Stone Crab.

JCane
06-02-2009, 12:05 AM

This isn't a bad idea either.

:up:

JT-forpresident
06-02-2009, 08:53 AM
JT, I'm not sure how much money you plan on bringing or any of that, but Miami and South Florida has a lot to offer when it comes to cuisine. I highly recommend eating very upscale for at least one night. I'd recommend Smith and Wollensky, Prime 112, Shula's Steakhouse, Nikki Beach, or Joe's Stone Crab.

thanks for the advice :hi5::up:

as a matter of fact, thanks for everyone !

on a sidenote... do you guys have an "autumn break" kinda like spring break lol ? because here in canadian colleges, we have both, and i was hoping there would be some college girls getting wild when i get there... :hump: ... my guess is there will be a brickload anyways, but the spring break stories i hear are legendary

Dolfan3773
06-02-2009, 11:22 AM
damn, i gotta get the fu** outta jersey.....just looking at the pics of these chicks on that bull makes me want to fly down there for the weekend..............we got a place near me that has a mechanical bull, and the women getting on it look NOTHING like those chicks.

is that place near hard rock? noticed is was on seminole road....if so, i can guarantee ill be checking that place out in the fall when i come down

Yeah its in the Hard Rock. The place is awesome. But so is everything else around the Hard Rock. You can bounce from bar/ club all night and if your single, the women are grade A lol. Im married so I can scratch out the women part for me. My wife and I go every once in a while and have a blast.

Vaark
06-02-2009, 02:27 PM
If you can afford it, stay at the Westin Diplomat where Hollywood and Hallendale meet. http://www.diplomatresort.com/ (http://www.diplomatresort.com/)

Hollywood's our favorite beach - less ostentatious and feeling more like a neighborhood with a nice demographic cross section of people. You can take in the sights and sounds, often volleyball tourneys and festivals going on in season and walk about 5 or so miles from Sheridan down to Hallendale on the strand. They've done a nice job of regentrifying down there, but hope they don't overdo it. Lots of Quebec'ers too in season, lots of signs in French, if that matters. Also longitudinally, not all that far from the stadium and maybe a 30m ride down to SB.

JT-forpresident
06-02-2009, 02:31 PM
If you can afford it, stay at the Westin Diplomat where Hollywood and Hallendale meet. http://www.diplomatresort.com/ (http://www.diplomatresort.com/)

Hollywood's our favorite beach - less ostentatious and feeling more like a neighborhood with a nice demographic cross section of people. You can take in the sights and sounds, often volleyball tourneys and festivals going on in season and walk about 5 or so miles from Sheridan down to Hallendale on the strand. They've done a nice job of regentrifying down there, but hope they don't overdo it. Lots of Quebec'ers too in season, lots of signs in French, if that matters. Also longitudinally, not all that far from the stadium and maybe a 30m ride down to SB.

i was thinking about going there... there's some available timeshare condos with my company...

but my main question is: is it a place to party ? i know fort lauderdale and south beach are filled with people my age (23) getting wasted, how about hollywood ?

Vaark
06-02-2009, 03:33 PM
i was thinking about going there... there's some available timeshare condos with my company...

but my main question is: is it a place to party ? i know fort lauderdale and south beach are filled with people my age (23) getting wasted, how about hollywood ?

Sorry JT, got a serious long term honey so I really can't help you much there. In general, I'd say that Hollywood Beach won't offer you near the options for those demographics as would a Himarshee/Riverfront area, the Hard Rock (although the area around there's kind of dead) or of course SB. I believe the Diplomat has a club or 2 but not sure how great they are. Of course, great hotel though and everything is within driving distance. Another locale which would mean a longer trip to the stadium, but is also real nice is DelRay Beach.. some nice hotels there too and on the weekends the regentrified Atlantic Boulevard area is really jumping with a bunch of trendy restaurants, hot looking babes and clubs. Nice beach too.

JT-forpresident
06-02-2009, 04:02 PM
Sorry JT, got a serious long term honey so I really can't help you much there. In general, I'd say that Hollywood Beach won't offer you near the options for those demographics as would a Himarshee/Riverfront area, the Hard Rock (although the area around there's kind of dead) or of course SB. I believe the Diplomat has a club or 2 but not sure how great they are. Of course, great hotel though and everything is within driving distance. Another locale which would mean a longer trip to the stadium, but is also real nice is DelRay Beach.. some nice hotels there too and on the weekends the regentrified Atlantic Boulevard area is really jumping with a bunch of trendy restaurants, hot looking babes and clubs. Nice beach too.

that's what i'm talking about :chuckle:

Vaark
06-02-2009, 04:26 PM
that's what i'm talking about :chuckle:

http://www.virtualtourist.com/travel/North_America/United_States_of_America/Florida/Delray_Beach-762078/Nightlife-Delray_Beach-BR-1.html

SpurzN703
06-02-2009, 04:30 PM
http://www.virtualtourist.com/travel/North_America/United_States_of_America/Florida/Delray_Beach-762078/Nightlife-Delray_Beach-BR-1.html

Why don't you just open up your house to us out of towners and we can stay with you and your lady

:hump:

JT-forpresident
06-02-2009, 04:47 PM
Why don't you just open up your house to us out of towners and we can stay with you and your lady

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2009/06/bruno-1.jpg

You mind sharing a room with me ? I'm warning you, i snore from both ends

Vaark
06-02-2009, 05:15 PM

You're right: It would be "the Christian thing to do", eh? Too bad I'm a Deist :boohoo:

JT-forpresident
06-02-2009, 05:26 PM
You're right: It would be "the Christian thing to do", eh? Too bad I'm a Deist :boohoo:

you're officially the second deist i know, the first being one of my good friends... for my part i'm atheist, loud n proud

Lappy
06-02-2009, 05:40 PM
Hey Lap, I didn't notice until now but the sig I made uses the same pic as you. I'll whip up another one so we don't have duplicates.

I'm not that vain my friend......although I do rule pretty solidly!