PDA

View Full Version : Armored Car Gaurd Dead In Wal Mart Parking Lot Shootout

GoonBoss
06-02-2009, 07:48 PM
LAKEWOOD, Wash. -- A guard of an armored car was killed and a second person was wounded after two gunmen opened fire at the Lakewood Wal-Mart store Tuesday afternoon, police said. Witnesses told police the Loomis guard had just picked up some money at the Anchor Bank inside the store at 7001 Bridgeport Way West just after 1:30 p.m.
As he was walking out of the store, two men walked up and shot the guard, said Det. Ed Troyer with the Pierce County Sheriff's Office. A second person inside the store was also wounded in the shoulder by the same bullet, police said. That victim was holding a small child in their other arm, but the child was not hurt.
The guard died at the scene, Troyer said. The wounded person was rushed to Tacoma General Hospital. It's not known what condition he or she is in, but the injuries were not life-threatening.

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/46744697.html

Poor ****er. I've done personal protection for people with specific threats on their lives from very bad people before, but, no way in hell would I crew an armored car. The would have to let me wear my RAV vest, my kevlar helmet and, carry my OWN AR-15 Carbine...Then...MAYBE I'd consider it.

ih8brady
06-02-2009, 08:28 PM
Why would you need an armour car for the cheap crap they sell at Wal-Mart? Do they send them to the Dollar Store as well?

GoonBoss
06-02-2009, 08:39 PM
Are you aware of how much money is taken in at a Wal Mart on an average business day? Lots. Armored cars also service grocery stores and most other high volume retail establishments. That's how they take their money to the bank.

PhinzN703
06-02-2009, 08:40 PM
Why would you need an armour car for the cheap crap they sell at Wal-Mart? Do they send them to the Dollar Store as well?

Wal-Mart makes a lot of cash right? That's why the armored truck was there, to pick the dough up.

What a ridiculous and tragic death.

GoonBoss
06-02-2009, 08:44 PM
Wal-Mart makes a lot of cash right? That's why the armored truck was there, to pick the dough up.

What a ridiculous and tragic death.

Bad thing is, the companies that hire these guys never train them in any sort of tactics or active shooter situations. They are just sitting ducks. I have a high level of confidence with even a handgun, I'd have a reasonably good shot of defeating a multiple assailant situation, but, it all comes down to situational awareness and mindset.....They don't teach any of that stuff.

cafinfan408
06-02-2009, 09:11 PM
My uncle is a armored car driver they he did get some training as far a situational settings and they all carry handguns. My stepfather is a police officer he says being a officer is way safer than doing what my uncle does.
Especially now with the current do anything for money mentality.
WallMart brings in more money daily than you could probably imagine.

GoonBoss
06-02-2009, 11:36 PM
My uncle is a armored car driver they he did get some training as far a situational settings and they all carry handguns. My stepfather is a police officer he says being a officer is way safer than doing what my uncle does.
Especially now with the current do anything for money mentality.
WallMart brings in more money daily than you could probably imagine.

Trust me. Your uncle did not get enough training to survive an active shooter situation. Most armored car crew training cirriculums are absolutely laughable. Unless you've been through some very good training, you are going to be at a severe disadvantage in a combative situation. I believe it is a crime the level of training they give those guys. Your stepfather is pretty much right, in that, at least a Police officer is given the proper tools to do the job.

Possum
06-03-2009, 12:58 AM
Most of the supercenters do have banks in them.