PDA

View Full Version : Which car would you prefer?

MustangFinFan
06-04-2009, 10:27 PM
Ive been researching like crazy for the past few months on most cars, and ive narrowed it to 3. Im looking for reliability, dependability, good gas mileage, nice looks and funish to drive. So far, i like:

2009 Toyota Rav-4 (22/28 gas)

2009 Honda Civic (25/36 gas)

2008 Nissan Altima (23/31 gas)

Which would u rather?

1 dol fan
06-04-2009, 10:44 PM
I'm not too smart with this kind of thing but Toyota is usually dependable... Honda has good gas mileage and Nissan s usually fun to drive...

I think Nissan has the best combination of what you want yet it is hard to not buy the Toyota.

Wombat
06-05-2009, 12:39 AM
Civic Si, Now End the thread.

fishfanfromjerz
06-05-2009, 02:05 AM
2008 ford mustang gt...... Fu@@ them jap cars

Boone
06-05-2009, 09:26 AM
I drive an '05 Altima.....it's been pretty good to me so far. I like the new body styles.

MustangFinFan
06-05-2009, 12:42 PM
heh, i drive a mustang. Its gas mileage is something between 17-20 for city, and 23-26 for highway, it kinda sucks. But i admit the car has been great to me so far.

Lappy
06-05-2009, 01:14 PM
I was in the car industry for 10 years.

don't get the Rav....unless you're a girl.

the other two I'd have to say are great cars......just pick the one you like to drive better.

SpurzN703
06-05-2009, 01:22 PM
Let's get some pics in this thread already :d-day:

GoonBoss
06-05-2009, 01:29 PM
My first actual "new" car was a honda Civic CX. FANTASTIC car. The only thing is, with a Honda, go to the DEALER to get it serviced. I cannot stress this enough. I had a bubba mechanic work on my car and he screwed it up. I love Hondas. I have had nothing but good experiences with them. Try to find a used Civic....It's hard. Hondas retain a great deal of value, and, mine never let me down. Great gas milage.....I really can't say enough good things about Honda. If I ever had to sell cars for a living, I think I could sell Hondas, because I completely believe in the product.

Lappy
06-05-2009, 01:31 PM
My first actual "new" car was a honda Civic CX. FANTASTIC car. The only thing is, with a Honda, go to the DEALER to get it serviced. I cannot stress this enough. I had a bubba mechanic work on my car and he screwed it up. I love Hondas. I have had nothing but good experiences with them. Try to find a used Civic....It's hard. Hondas retain a great deal of value, and, mine never let me down. Great gas milage.....I really can't say enough good things about Honda. If I ever had to sell cars for a living, I think I could sell Hondas, because I completely believe in the product.

I've heard from many women that the CX has plenty of room for their purses and groceries.

:chuckle:

MustangFinFan
06-05-2009, 02:04 PM
i should also add that i like something easy to maintain. I drive a mustang, and i pay a decent amount for brake pads, rotors, belts, filters, etc. But my uncle drives Infiniti and pays almost DOUBLE what i pay for pads, rotors, belts, filters.

i tried looking up auto parts for rav-4, civic, altima and they all seem around the same, but Civic was definitely cheapest.

yeah i definitely need something with ROOM. i like to travel, take small trips to baltimore, richmond, va beach, charlestown (all within 2 hours of me) so something roomy is good. i dont like driving around loads of people, i cant concentrate on the road.

MustangFinFan
06-05-2009, 02:08 PM
http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif (http://www.carmax.com/enUS/view-car-gallery/default.html?sn=5683317&zip=20165)
Nissan Altima

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif (http://www.carmax.com/enUS/view-car-gallery/default.html?sn=5264679&zip=20165)
2008 Honda Civic (i actually prefer 08, oops)

Dolfan3773
06-05-2009, 02:43 PM

I've driven Honda my whole life. I had a 1994 Civic as my first car. I bought it for $800 (motor was in excellent condition, but needed alot of body work) I eventually fixed it and painted it. Drove it for like 5 years and finally got a brand new 2006 Civic LX and have had it since. My old car had almost 300,000 miles on it and I never had an issue with it. I always changed the oil. The only thing I had to do was replace the brakes and purchase new tires. Hondas are excellent cars

SpurzN703
06-05-2009, 03:06 PM
http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif (http://www.carmax.com/enUS/view-car-gallery/default.html?sn=5683317&zip=20165)
Nissan Altima

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif (http://www.carmax.com/enUS/view-car-gallery/default.html?sn=5264679&zip=20165)
2008 Honda Civic (i actually prefer 08, oops)

Just from looking at those 2 cars, what the F is the difference between them?

MustangFinFan
06-05-2009, 03:54 PM
heh, they do look the same.

The Altima is longer, has more horsepower (175), Civic has 140. Civic IS smaller, though from that angle its hard to tell. And Altima has a bigger backseat

so if ur dating a big girl and need a place to fool around when your out, an Altima is far better.

I also looked at the JD Power ratings and Altima has great ratings except for comfort they were average, Civic has average powertrain ratings and average performance/comfort ratings.

GoonBoss
06-05-2009, 04:38 PM
I've heard from many women that the CX has plenty of room for their purses and groceries.

:chuckle:

:enforcer:

Well, to tell you the truth, they are absolutely right. You would not believe the ammount of **** I could get in that car. My wife and I used to raise goats, and, we'd pull up at the feed store...My wife would buy three square bales of hay. We'd putter up in the Civic, and, you should've seen those ****kickers eyes...

One ol' boy goes.... "Yew ain't gonna git all this in that there."

A guy that had been there for a while goes.... "Jest put 'em on down there. Watch 'is."

The wife and I promptly loaded 3 bales of hay and, four 50 pound bags of chicken feed in it. Dude's mouth dropped WIDE open.

I moved three of my Army buddies back to thier homes with it.....One time I ent up to see a Dolphins/Pats game with my first wife and a buddy...My other buddy's car broke down. We drove to Fredrick, MD from Brockton, MA with 3 full sized soldiers, my wife, and, my buddy I came up with (who is pretty small), PLUS two guy's luggage!

Dude, the CX has EPIC ammounts of space. If you could fit it in the hatchback, it could haul it. I miss the hell out of that car. 378K miles on it before it croaked.

dolpns13
06-05-2009, 04:40 PM
ive had an altima for 5 years, hasnt been in the shop once.. besides, unless ur a chick, id stay away from the rav 4 and the civic..

kinda ironic thread coming from someone with the name "mustangfinfan"

woody1351
06-05-2009, 04:43 PM
i would buy a 2010 ford fusion.

muddpuppy13
06-05-2009, 04:45 PM
sorry but none of them get the new nissan skyline

poornate
06-05-2009, 05:41 PM
Nissan is a lesser car than a Toyota or a Honda... A Rav-4 is not gender appropriate, and in reality is just a car with crappy gas mileage.... go with the Civic...

ih8brady
06-05-2009, 05:46 PM
Toyota. I admire Japanese cars.

MustangFinFan
06-06-2009, 06:39 AM
well i currently drive a mustang, but gas mileage sucks.

Nissan is also Japanese.

i had no idea the Civic's had such good space, just by looking, it looks small and cramped up. hmm, ill have to test drive one.

Boone
06-06-2009, 07:53 AM
And Altima has a bigger backseat

so if ur dating a big girl and need a place to fool around when your out, an Altima is far better.

Been there...done that. :hump:

Vaark
06-06-2009, 10:30 AM
Can't go wrong with most Japanese cars with the exception of Mitsubishi. I'd strongly disagree about Nissans being the lesser vehicle. They've (Infiniti and Maxima) been among the best most bullet-proof cars I've owned or leased including several Germans. Generally they're more of a driver's car than most any Toyota. Honda makes a great car too. You should test drive them like you'd drive normally and then put a lot of weight on which one you enjoy most. Of those you've mentioned, Honda does have the best resale value.

BobDole
06-06-2009, 10:43 AM
Nissan is a lesser car than a Toyota or a Honda... A Rav-4 is not gender appropriate, and in reality is just a car with crappy gas mileage.... go with the Civic...

that pic is meant to make people feel uncomfortable, correct? mission accomplished.

Dolfan3773
06-06-2009, 11:51 AM
sorry but none of them get the new nissan skyline

Yeah but the price does, no way in hell would I pay $70,000+ (price for the Skyline) for a car. I wouldnt even go and buy a $40,000 BMW or Mercedes, hell the new Altimas are almost that much. My mom just bought a brand new 09 Civic LX for $16,000.

I'm not knocking on any one for liking fancy cars or anything like that but id rather use that kind of money to enjoy something with my family like a cruise or a vacation.